SIDEBAR #46 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi Arias: Just when you thought it was over

"...During jury selection, this juror was asked about her ex-husband. It is not clear at this time whether attorneys on both sides were fully aware of the connection between her ex-husband and prosecutor Juan Martinez. It seems unlikely that had Martinez known of the connection he would have willingly agreed to her participation in this trial.

The real mystery is why Juror 17 didn't disclose this information? Did the parties find out and leave her on the jury anyway? Did they know all along? The following is from the Court Minute Notes on October 23, 2014, two days after this penalty phase started. Something happened with this juror right after the trial began...."

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/03/jodi-arias-just-when-you-thought-it-was.html?spref=tw

Over here before they do jury selection, the clerk gives all potential jurors the name of the judge, prosecutor, defence, defendant and all witnesses and we have to write a note if we know any of them explaining how.

I take it that doesn't happen in the US?

Don't have any baby critters showing up in the near future, unless they're geese.........? But that actually might be a good name :floorlaugh:

Geese are sassy critters.... name one Spelli. I'd like to be sassy for once. :giggle:

Linas, my friend, you were also confident Jodi would get the DP. There are no guarantees. There are some really crooked people. I do believe JSS was with them from the get go. I do not know why. I don't think she likes Jodi. Maybe she has something against JM. Maybe she is buddies with Wilmott as we found out the good psychologists were. But you don't shut down a courtroom because you are afraid of appeals. She broke the US onstitution and that was a deal breaker for me.
Well, in all fairness I couldn't anticipate a stealth juror. (Thought that was just John Grisham's imagination). I don't think JSS or Juan were aware of this either. I think Juror #17 somehow was planted by MDLR, I don't know how. 11 other people and 2 alternates didn't fall for the DT's BS. Have faith that she will give Jodi LWOP. Actually at this point, if #17 is a stealth juror, I'm hoping maybe the Death Penalty can still be obtained since the other 13 would have voted for it.

http://www.kpho.com/story/28285096/...d-hold-out-juror#.VPpiSfa6VfE.twitter …

It turns out that juror No. 17, the holdout juror, was formerly married to a man who was prosecuted by Martinez in the late 1990s.The juror's former husband was arrested for first-degree murder and burglary. Court records show Martinez was the assigned prosecutor on both cases.
The murder charge was dismissed for unknown reasons. Then in May 2000, the ex-husband was sentenced to four months in jail for the burglary. Records show during the time those cases were making their way through court, juror No. 17 and the man being prosecuted by Martinez had their first of two kids together and got legally married.

You know, I think that juror has a bone to pick with Martinez. And it's not like she distanced herself from criminals after that marriage broke up, she wound up marrying ANOTHER ex-con. Oh dear, she marries him and becomes a "prison wife", like she didn't walk right into THAT with her eyes closed.

When a person goes down that path, without learning from their mistakes, it's always someone else's fault. Like the police, the prosecutor, the laws, they never quite get it that it's because their spouse is a criminal and they are a moron.

But to each his own. I believe she had an agenda. If a background check was done on her, it probably didn't go past her first husband. She's got a different name, Martinez doesn't recognize it or her, and when they asked her questions, nothing came up about murder charges against her first that were dropped, THAT would have been big.

BBM

B_YKGIKWIAAw6c5.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_YKGIKWIAAw6c5.jpg

Agreed!

The taxpayers of Arizona should ask for restitution for this circus.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 4h4 hours ago
Re holdout juror: Judges I spoke to said there's no turning back and the only way to get a new trial would be to overturn the conviction.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1h1 hour ago
To clarify: Willmott said both sides knew #juror17's 1st husband had "a past." But says she did not know Juan Martinez prosecuted case.

I don't know if I believe that. Why would Juan have to "check it out" as per her first quote if she's saying they all knew from the voir dire?

I read one of the articles you posted and it was saying how Juror 17 had on her FB page that she was anti death penalty. Seeing as the DT are all into social media, they would've known that from the beginning.

Geese are sassy critters.... name one Spelli. I'd like to be sassy for once. :giggle:

.....and name another one Chelly so you will have....wait for it.....Spelli and Chelly.....:great::great::great:

On that note, I get to go to bed with a smile finally! Spelli and Chelly :hilarious:

Night, all :bed:

Had to wander away after the non-verdict before I said something that got me turfed. Now I come back to this :drama: This penalty phase has been a disaster from the git go. I do hope that it is officially investigated and not in secrecy. Folks...you just can't make this chit up!

Yep, still there, just took a look.:facepalm:

I have a question. It certainly appears the only way that they got the list of jury names and addresses was through MDLR/DT but how did "the other side" get the name and address of Juror 17?

If I google "Hispanic woman in early 30's" I'd have a lot to wade through. So this either means that the full list was posted in the private section at the site and a spy got hold of it OR the full list was released to someone on the TA side.

images

Link:https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...TdULOT0emBGR4AKYOg9IWhF2p5I5_xFjAMRasN0EqzMHA

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 1h 1 hour ago
"The real justice will be in the afterlife when Jodi burns in hell." As w/ TA, Tanisha is untrue 2 LDS faith. Mormons don't believe in hell.

<snipped for space>

According to them they do. She never did read that book of Mormon.

"HELL
See also Damnation; Death, Spiritual; Devil; Sons of Perdition
Latter-day revelation speaks of hell in at least two senses. First, it is the temporary abode in the spirit world for those who were disobedient in mortality. In this sense, hell has an end. The spirits there will be taught the gospel, and sometime following their repentance they will be resurrected to a degree of glory of which they are worthy. Those who will not repent, but are nevertheless not sons of perdition, will remain in hell throughout the Millennium. After these thousand years of torment, they will be resurrected to a telestial glory (D&C 76:81–86; 88:100–101).

Second, it is the permanent location of those who are not redeemed by the atonement of Jesus Christ. In this sense, hell is permanent. It is for those who are found “filthy still” (D&C 88:35, 102). This is the place where Satan, his angels, and the sons of perdition—those who have denied the Son after the Father has revealed him—will dwell eternally (D&C 76:43–46)."

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/hell

Chorizo and eggs with tortillas...........doing pretty good cause I got outside and got things accomplished!!!!:happydance:

I've been for three three hour walks this week. It's raining on and off today.

My daughter's 18th birthday is tomorrow (8th March). I gave her her present yesterday because she's out all weekend with her friends. She's back tomorrow night so I have to make her a chocolate fudge cake and her favourite dinner, chicken fettuccine. I'd post a photo of her but there's crazy people on the internets. ;)

Juror #17 never expected to be exposed. I believe there is more to come.DUMB DUMB.

I have a question. It certainly appears the only way that they got the list of jury names and addresses was through MDLR/DT but how did "the other side" get the name and address of Juror 17?

If I google "Hispanic woman in early 30's" I'd have a lot to wade through. So this either means that the full list was posted in the private section at the site and a spy got hold of it OR the full list was released to someone on the TA side.

Her husband identified Juror #17 on social media. I believe the couple was looking for $$$$ for interviews, a book, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02