SIDEBAR #49 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did refresh. I even got out of WS and went back in. It is the same;a half page. It is annoying.
Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I few years ago we had a robins nest in the umbrella of the picnic table. Hubby wanted to take it down and I would not let him. Both of us were afraid our kitty would get at the nest an she did try but we greased the pole and put tin foil on the table because cats don't like the sound of walking on tin foil. Well, the robins had eggs and we we waited for them to hatch and they did. It was amazing to see how mom and dad robin attended to its babies. I prayed they would not learn how to fly while I was at work. One day, I came home from a day at work and hubby told me to go out on the deck. Mom and dad robin had just started to teach their kids to fly. What a beautiful site and an answered prayer. The mom and dad carefully led each reluctant baby to jump from the nest. At first their flights were very low and short. One baby landed on the ground and was very reluctant to spread its wings and fly. That night we had a terrible thunder storm with heavy rains and winds. I was fearful of the babies, but when daylight broke we went out side and spotted every single one of the babies safe and mom and dad still giving them flying lessons. It was certainly a blessing that we had witnessed the whole process and I am so glad that hubby did not take that nest down. Enjoy your robins.

I forgot to tell you, one day I was adjusting the tin foil on the table. Hubby was relaxing in his lawn chair. He knew what was going to happen next. Apparently, one of the parents thought I was being threatening to its babies and from the next yard came flying at me and dive bombed my head. Hubby thought it was hilarious. Me, not so much. That's what I got from lending a helping hand. LOL

I did refresh. I even got out of WS and went back in. It is the same;a half page. It is annoying.
Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I few years ago we had a robins nest in the umbrella of the picnic table. Hubby wanted to take it down and I would not let him. Both of us were afraid our kitty would get at the nest an she did try but we greased the pole and put tin foil on the table because cats don't like the sound of walking on tin foil. Well, the robins had eggs and we we waited for them to hatch and they did. It was amazing to see how mom and dad robin attended to its babies. I prayed they would not learn how to fly while I was at work. One day, I came home from a day at work and hubby told me to go out on the deck. Mom and dad robin had just started to teach their kids to fly. What a beautiful site and an answered prayer. The mom and dad carefully led each reluctant baby to jump from the nest. At first their flights were very low and short. One baby landed on the ground and was very reluctant to spread its wings and fly. That night we had a terrible thunder storm with heavy rains and winds. I was fearful of the babies, but when daylight broke we went out side and spotted every single one of the babies safe and mom and dad still giving them flying lessons. It was certainly a blessing that we had witnessed the whole process and I am so glad that hubby did not take that nest down. Enjoy your robins.

I forgot to tell you, one day I was adjusting the tin foil on the table. Hubby was relaxing in his lawn chair. He knew what was going to happen next. Apparently, one of the parents thought I was being threatening to its babies and from the next yard came flying at me and dive bombed my head. Hubby thought it was hilarious. Me, not so much. That's what I got from lending a helping hand. LOL

All I can suggest for the mess these ads are leaving is to try enlarging your font to take up more of the screen (Ctrl +) or use zoom. You may have to scroll a bit to get it to fit. Enlarging my page works pretty well on the tablet.

Love hearing about the baby birds who make it. We have had too many fall from their nests and do not survive.

But I don't have any ads on the page. Half is blank and it is enlarged. I even logged out and cleared all cookies.

I have the exact same looking pages. I have searched all over this site looking for an answer. I found this post from Dave and cannot figure out where "full site" is located? Does anybody here see that option?

WS Mobile skin
The new mobile skin is now live.

Please note that this does not replace any existing skin nor tapatalk. This is simply a third option, and IMHO the best for a faster loading and data conserving skin. This is by default the new mobile skin when using a browser. Tapatalk users should not even know there was a change but some may be interested in at least taking a look at it to see if it suits you better.

If you are unhappy for any reason with this new skin, simply scroll to the bottom and select "Full Site".

Dave

Looks like the space on the right side is here to stay.

Yesterday, 12:07 PM #6
beach
beach is offline WS Administrator

The vertical right sidebar has been greatly reduced by size from the first time we tried it. However, this one is here to stay. There is no longer a double arrow option to totally restore a full screen view w/o the sidebar. However, if you prefer not to see any ads you can click the vertical arrow at the top by the "Advertising" header and the ads will disappear.

Dave is working hard and carefully considering those who, like me () prefer a larger resolution. Currently, I've got mine set at 125%. I believe he is currently working on further adjustments so screen resolution can be set at 150% with minimal interference. Please be considerate and patient.

Simply put - from a business perspective, the reduced-size sidebar is a necessity. We sincerely care about members' enjoyment while perusing the site and thank you all in advance for your understanding, patience and cooperation while adjusting to some of these changes.

This thread is going to be locked now because this explanation should suffice and I don't want it to get buried beneath other posts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...down-R-H-side-of-page&p=11723308#post11723308

Good Sun Day Morn!

Speaking of Kevin Bacon...lolz

[video=youtube;elUNFHEWaCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elUNFHEWaCc[/video]

Good morning all. Yes/no, that is my kind of breakfast. Who is the smart a$$ girl in the red and white stripes?

Sunshine today and I think I will get outside and soak up some vitamin D.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

Just a quick reply - my snipped...

Do you remember how to signal by hand when driving? No, it's not the finger. Left arm straight out the window meant stop, turning your arm up meant a right turn, and pointing down meant left turn. There was a time that you didn't need a car key to start a car, and you didn't roll up the windows and lock the doors unless it's spring time and someone is having a bumper crop of tomatoes or zucchini.

Actually, you have the left hand turn wrong... here's a picture of the correct hand signals! :)

Attachments

• Handsignals.png
    Handsignals.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 146
Lordy! do I ever dislike those 'duck lip' selfies!

Thanks for the breakfast this morning Y/N. Looks yummy. And, thanks for the music and all you do! (((((HUGS)))))

Kensie I believe the one in red and white stripes is Shanna Hubers - same person in the selfie next to Inmate 281129 :jail: Just got 40 years for murdering her boyfriend...

oops - replied to the wrong quote... but you get the idea!! :)

Hey all! :wave: Happy Sunday!

Beautiful day here (again!)!! :happydance:

I believe I'll do the same as YESorNO - go out and play in my garden! :spring:

No snow, YESorNO?? :snowball:

I'll have to go over to the Aurora movie theatre trial tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder! :tyou:

Anything else happening on the trial threads?? :waitasec:

okay - off to enjoy my Sunday! :summer:

I have the exact same looking pages. I have searched all over this site looking for an answer. I found this post from Dave and cannot figure out where "full site" is located? Does anybody here see that option?

WS Mobile skin
The new mobile skin is now live.

Please note that this does not replace any existing skin nor tapatalk. This is simply a third option, and IMHO the best for a faster loading and data conserving skin. This is by default the new mobile skin when using a browser. Tapatalk users should not even know there was a change but some may be interested in at least taking a look at it to see if it suits you better.

If you are unhappy for any reason with this new skin, simply scroll to the bottom and select "Full Site".

Dave

i don't know where you found this post from Dave, but thank you! Setting my tablet to the skin for WS Mobile (in general settings) seems to have deleted the right column of ads, so that is a big help. after I did that (and it said something like it wasn't compatible with my system?) there was a place to choose FULL SITE just under that.

Not perfection, but much better on iPad now.

Thanks again.

Same problem with me Ricki....I have ads on the entire right side and only half of left is the posts....Can it be fixed? The posts are hard to read. Can someone help me??? I hope it's not going to be the new format. I have tried everything! Refresh, close it out and come back in, changed my font to 150%....HELP

ETA ~ I am on a desktop

Same problem with me Ricki....I have ads on the entire right side and only half of left is the posts....Can it be fixed? The posts are hard to read. Can someone help me??? I hope it's not going to be the new format. I have tried everything! Refresh, close it out and come back in, changed my font to 150%....HELP

ETA ~ I am on a desktop

Not sure if it is here to stay but it sure is annoying.

ETA ~ I am on a desktop

Not sure if it is here to stay but it sure is annoying.

I think it is here to stay, but I have a suggestion if you are brave enough to try it. What I posted above about the skins appears to have changed my setting for my PC also, and I have a whole width page of posts, no ads in a column down the right side. Try this:

go to your general settings. (can access it from the top of this page under Forum Actions)
scroll down to Forum Skin.
Choose WS Mobile.
If you get some kind of message similar to "this is not supported on your ____", click on FULL SITE just below that.

That should be all you need, and the left column of ads is gone. Let me know if it worked for anyone. If it didn't work, go back and re-do and make sure to click on Save Changes.

I think it is here to stay, but I have a suggestion if you are brave enough to try it. What I posted above about the skins appears to have changed my setting for my PC also, and I have a whole width page of posts, no ads in a column down the right side. Try this:

go to your general settings. (can access it from the top of this page under Forum Actions)
scroll down to Forum Skin.
Choose WS Mobile.
If you get some kind of message similar to "this is not supported on your ____", click on FULL SITE just below that.

That should be all you need, and the left column of ads is gone. Let me know if it worked for anyone. If it didn't work, go back and re-do and make sure to click on Save Changes.

Thank you. That seemed to work. Lets see if it sticks around.

Thank you. That seemed to work. Lets see if it sticks around.

great! As for sticking around.... these ads seem to keep popping up in new places all the time. I sure hope this is it!

great! As for sticking around.... these ads seem to keep popping up in new places all the time. I sure hope this is it!

I never had the ads. I have and it works great. I just had a half screen of WS and the other half was blank. I hope you don't mind but I posted your directions on the retrial thread since some of them are having the same problem and are frustrated. I told them the credit goes to you. Thanks again

I never had the ads. I have and it works great. I just had a half screen of WS and the other half was blank. I hope you don't mind but I posted your directions on the retrial thread since some of them are having the same problem and are frustrated. I told them the credit goes to you. Thanks again

I don't mind at all, but credit goes to Dave the Tech Guy. Someone else posted what he said about the new mobile skin, so I tried it and was shocked that it automatically went to to my PC and removed the blank space when I set it from my iPad. I had on the PC, too, so the ads there were not a problem, just the wasted space.

Really glad it worked for you.

BBM.... ummm, we are the retrial here. Did you put it somewhere else, too? We should credit Dave, and I will try to find who told us about his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak