SIDEBAR #49 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is here to stay, but I have a suggestion if you are brave enough to try it. What I posted above about the skins appears to have changed my setting for my PC also, and I have a whole width page of posts, no ads in a column down the right side. Try this:

go to your general settings. (can access it from the top of this page under Forum Actions)
scroll down to Forum Skin.
Choose WS Mobile.
If you get some kind of message similar to "this is not supported on your ____", click on FULL SITE just below that.

That should be all you need, and the left column of ads is gone. Let me know if it worked for anyone. If it didn't work, go back and re-do and make sure to click on Save Changes.

:happydance: Worked for me too!! :gthanks: I'm on a laptop!! :skip:

Off to the James Holmes thread...

:wave:

I think it is here to stay, but I have a suggestion if you are brave enough to try it. What I posted above about the skins appears to have changed my setting for my PC also, and I have a whole width page of posts, no ads in a column down the right side. Try this:

go to your general settings. (can access it from the top of this page under Forum Actions)
scroll down to Forum Skin.
Choose WS Mobile.
If you get some kind of message similar to "this is not supported on your ____", click on FULL SITE just below that.

That should be all you need, and the left column of ads is gone. Let me know if it worked for anyone. If it didn't work, go back and re-do and make sure to click on Save Changes.

I'm on a desktop and it worked for me, as well. ThankYouVeryMuch, Spellbound!

Link: picture

I like to think of my wrinkles as smile crinkles, and I got plenty! Thanks, my friend. :heartluv:
(Growing up fair skinned in Florida before the age of sunscreen "helped" a lot with the crinkles. :rolleyes:)

I'm on a desktop and it worked for me, as well. ThankYouVeryMuch, Spellbound!

Im on a desktop and I tried it and my screen changed so much I couldnt figure out where I was.

I almost could not figure out how to even change it back but somehow I finally found the general settings again and changed mine back.

Whew. LOL I cant believe I even got it back to where i can navigate around again.

Its kind of sad all these ads seem to take up screen space now but I think I will just learn to live with it. I dont want to get lost again. LOL

I know advertising is important but my goodness it seems excessive anymore.

I've noticed the "smart ads" are getting creative in how they tailor ads to our search terms in google and other websites we visited. Its pretty scary how ads start to come up based on previous things we searched before and previous websites we may have visited that subject matter.

Oh well. Just glad I am back.

About the fish~now if we had JA. here , no! wait , I wouldn't insult the poor fish!!:laughcry:

I'm so excited. I was up late last night and I got suckered into an infomercial but I am glad I let myself get suckered into it.

I ordered this Midnight Special 70s DVD set. I was watching the infomercial and called the toll free number and it should be on its way.
I found this link below today and it is the same thing I ordered.

I just have a tough time getting into any of the new music these days and so this will give me plenty of good music that I can enjoy.

http://timelife.com/products/midnig...+-+midnight+special&utm_term=midnight special

I'm so excited. I was up late last night and I got suckered into an infomercial but I am glad I let myself get suckered into it.

I ordered this Midnight Special 70s DVD set. I was watching the infomercial and called the toll free number and it should be on its way.

I just have a tough time getting into any of the new music these days and so this will give me plenty of good music that I can enjoy.

http://timelife.com/products/midnig...+-+midnight+special&utm_term=midnight special

Hatfield, have you ever tried Pandora? It's a great app that you listen to music you like, then gives you even more of the same.

Hatfield, have you ever tried Pandora? It's a great app that you listen to music you like, then gives you even more of the same.

I have heard of it but never knew really what it was. I just searched about it now and it sounds great. Sounds like I would just have to register and it looks free other than that from what I can tell.

My problem mainly is my old-school stereo system is in my living room and I have a real good sound system there that I can only play music from either my Satellite TV, DVD, CD, or Cassette (yeah...i know....LOL).

The good thing is I have satellite with all the music stations so I usually just have some classic chanells or other music channels going.

I can hook my laptop to my TV with HDMI port and I may try this Pandora thing to see if I can get the sound to come through my stereo system that way.

Whenever I want to listen to music for a long time, I always like to try to listen to it on my good sound system. My speakers are about the size of a washer+dryer machine, and I have 4 of them in there. LOL

Dinasours....like me....LOL

My kind of tunes! Although when I work out I like 80s dance music...keeps my groove thang going, doncha know? :)

My kind of tunes! Although when I work out I like 80s dance music...keeps my groove thang going, doncha know? :)
Going to try to start back to Jazzercize tomorrow night. Just bought a larger Leotard. Hoping it's 80's music!!

I have heard of it but never knew really what it was. I just searched about it now and it sounds great. Sounds like I would just have to register and it looks free other than that from what I can tell.

My problem mainly is my old-school stereo system is in my living room and I have a real good sound system there that I can only play music from either my Satellite TV, DVD, CD, or Cassette (yeah...i know....LOL).

The good thing is I have satellite with all the music stations so I usually just have some classic chanells or other music channels going.

I can hook my laptop to my TV with HDMI port and I may try this Pandora thing to see if I can get the sound to come through my stereo system that way.

Whenever I want to listen to music for a long time, I always like to try to listen to it on my good sound system. My speakers are about the size of a washer+dryer machine, and I have 4 of them in there. LOL

You have to train Pandora for awhile as to what kind of songs you like and you don't, and you can't always get specific requests.

[h=3]Arizona inmates taming wild horses[/h]
http://www.kpho.com/story/28910075/arizona-inmates-taming-wild-horses?autostart=true

7583466_G.jpg

You have to train Pandora for awhile as to what kind of songs you like and you don't, and you can't always get specific requests.

I've had Pandora for years, I really like it. I didn't get the upgraded version, just the regular "sign up, it's free" so it DOES have a limit for how many hours, but I've only gone over it once.

When you're listening, just go to the screen when you "like"(thumbs up) or "don't like"(thumbs down) a particular tune and it'll start streamlining your music to what you like. You can also have several different "channels", just put an artist name on it and build your collection. The thumbs can be found towards the top in the center, or run your mouse across the album cover and they'll pop up.
My "Channels" are "Chad Kroeger", "Bruno Mars", "Puddle of Mud", "Steve Perry", Cat Stevens", "Santana" and "Aerosmith".

Jury finds Jerice Hunter guilty of murder, child abuse

http://www.kpho.com/story/28861357/jury-finds-jerice-hunter-guilty-of-murder-child-abuse?autostart=true

PHOENIX (KPHO/KTVK) -A jury in the trial of Jerice Hunter has found her guilty of first-degree murder and child abuse in the 2011 disappearance of her 5-year-old daughter.The verdict came only hours after an ill juror was replaced, forcing the jury to begin deliberations all over again. An alternate replaced that juror.

7524032_G.jpg

Hunter, 41, was accused of keeping her daughter Jhessye Shockley in a bedroom closet, depriving her of food and water and beating her until she died.
During the trial, prosecutor Blaine Gadow said Hunter killed Jhessye, stuffed her body in a suitcase and dropped it in a dumpster.Jhessye's body has never been found.

Hey all! :wave:

Im on a desktop and I tried it and my screen changed so much I couldnt figure out where I was.

I almost could not figure out how to even change it back but somehow I finally found the general settings again and changed mine back.

Whew. LOL I cant believe I even got it back to where i can navigate around again.

Its kind of sad all these ads seem to take up screen space now but I think I will just learn to live with it. I dont want to get lost again. LOL

I know advertising is important but my goodness it seems excessive anymore.

I've noticed the "smart ads" are getting creative in how they tailor ads to our search terms in google and other websites we visited. Its pretty scary how ads start to come up based on previous things we searched before and previous websites we may have visited that subject matter.

Oh well. Just glad I am back.

re bold - kind of scary! :scared: I too noticed that!

My Huz' speakers are about 1/2 that size, Hatfield! :lol: Yes, things back than last a LOT longer from what they make today! That's why we still "old" stuff! LOL!

Hi fellow Dinasour! :seeya:

signing off for the day... :pcguru:

The damn fools in Baltimore are destroying their own city!
Is it OK for me to say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member