SIDEBAR #49 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the worst anniversary ever... I've had bad birthdays before, but not an anniversary. I knew it was a weekday, so wasn't expecting to go out to dinner today, and DD had Honors Night at school tonight. She was balking about going because she got one lone "B", so she lost her 4.0. She's also out of Jazz Band, but that's not why. If you read my WS blog, you'll get the backstory about that. Well she told me she decided to go after all. (I had earlier this afternoon, told her that she still deserved to go because she made the Principal's Honor Roll and that she shouldn't be ashamed, other kids parents were prouder for lesser achievements.) Her GPA was still 3.8, which is pretty darned good. DH "forgot" about Honors night and had to meet us there-turns out that he did get me a dozen roses, a piece of chocolate cake, and a card. It was sad when we got there because Jazz Band was playing without her, and the principal was hyping the kids who kept their 4.0's all the way through middle school, and she had until now, and she will miss out on the special award at graduation because of that. When we got home, DH was a total jerk towards me for it, so I got mad at him, threw the roses in the sink, threw his card unopened into the trash, and didn't touch the cake. I haven't spoken to him all night. I helped DD until 1a.m. finish her school project which is due tomorrow (but that was not her fault) and she was cranky towards me instead of being grateful for the help. I had hoped to go someplace nice for dinner on Sat, but still don't have anyplace in mind, and now that is in jeopardy. Couldn't afford to see the play we wanted (too expensive) and are short on money now. Thank you guys for being my cyber-friends, I'm too embarrassed to post this on Facebook.
Oh,and my laptop's been annoyingly slow loading today.

I'm sorry for your bad day :( It will get better...((((HUGS))))

Insomnia the last two nights sent me for a visit here.... and the site was going loony tunes. There were no posts to be seen in many threads, and trying to make a post gave several different error messages. I tried on tablets and PC. Was thinking I had major internet horrors to deal with today. shortly after, there was a post when opening WS that it was having problems and would be fixed. Then when it came back there was no "go to last past read" or "thanks" button, sigh.

Tadaa! It is working like a charm now.

My day would never be complete without WS pals.

12 News retweeted
Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 9m9 minutes ago
Heading into court for the AM session of Sheriff #Arpaio hearing. No live tweeting allowed. More later... #12News

Insomnia the last two nights sent me for a visit here.... and the site was going loony tunes. There were no posts to be seen in many threads, and trying to make a post gave several different error messages. I tried on tablets and PC. Was thinking I had major internet horrors to deal with today. shortly after, there was a post when opening WS that it was having problems and would be fixed. Then when it came back there was no "go to last past read" or "thanks" button, sigh.

Tadaa! It is working like a charm now.

My day would never be complete without WS pals.

Join the crowd, was so mad I hardly slept last night, but retrieved the roses & card from the trash @4a.m. As far as WS, on the sentencing thread, we were into the negative numbers on the post count last night, and it was missing about 9 pages of the thread. Sanity has been restored this morning.:scared::scared:

Hey everyone! :wave:

I saw on my Facebook page that Websleuths was down... I guess that's why you all had problems last night!
Seems okay now!! :happydance:

On that "donate" page - :gaah: and :lol: wrongful conviction??? She ADMITTED she killed him - how is THAT a wrongful conviction??? :waitasec: Crazy people...

Anyway - we will have rain tonight and tomorrow morning! :skip: :skip:

Hope all is well with everyone! See you all later! Have to go grocery shopping today!

:seeya:

Hi everyone :wave: , haven't really been on in a couple days, this week has been kind of hard. First my six year old refrigerator went kaput and after several days waiting I learn that the repairmen can't fix it. Why? They stopped making the parts for it already, and it's only six years old?! :what: Oh, we could have had a "board" rebuilt on it that would take two weeks and cost several hundred dollars, just so they could then finish diagnosing the reason it quit, and then they can't guarantee it would be cost effective to repair it. I'm again like, :what: !!! So we just had to order a new frig. as the space we have isn't typical, and it's going to take a couple of weeks to get it. But I wasn't about to spend all that money on a frig. I didn't want. I am just thankful that we have an extra "drink" fridge we can get by on, aka my DH's beer fridge, :giggle:

Then my fur boy baby has had diarrhea for several days, so I haven't had much sleep having to let him out 3 and 4 times a night. I also have to go with him and follow him around in the yard in order to: 1) monitor the quality of his poop, and 2) to make sure he doesn't get into anything else to keep him sick. I just hate going out there in the middle of the night, it's scary to me because it's rather dark and spooky what with the big herons and their loud squawking, and watching for snakes and such. :scared: :sheesh: I'm such a coward. :facepalm:

Then there was a thunderstorm the other night which kept my baby awake... so me too. Anyway, have been feeding him chicken and rice cooked in broth, and finally last night gave him Pepto Bismol . If he isn't better today it's off to the vet. He doesn't feel bad, has a great appetite, etc. . Funny though, he keeps turning around and looking at his booty like he's trying to show me it's messed up, Poor baby :( I'm quite sure the cause is something he ate in our back yard, he came in smelling like fish and I found part of a dead fish out there the other day. The darn birds drop stuff like that in our yard from time to time and it's more prevalent in the Spring, especially with all the rain we've had. I have also found and subsequently removed some quite large animal droppings in our back yard, really gross .... and am not sure what it's from, raccoon or fox maybe? You know dogs, they are known to eat some really disgusting things at times. :facepalm:

Anyway, he finally slept through the night last night so I actually got some decent sleep, thank you Lord, so hoping it is uphill from here.
ETA: I'm way behind on the thread, good to see all the activity, so I've a bit of catching up to do. How terrible about Ann Rule's sons and what they've done to her, that poor dear. :(

Here's Another one..

Christian The Lion~ Very Moving! = )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co3N4-6B2pM

(I don't know how to post the videos either! :shame:

Jazzed, that is so precious I'm now in tears. :tears:

Sure hope your fur baby continues to improve, neesaki! It costs more to take them to a vet than for me to go to the doctor. And I hate when we k ow something is wrong. Sure hope your baby doesn't have fish bones stuck somewhere, clogging the ability to potty. But if he seems fine otherwise, it might be all uphill now. good luck!

Hi everyone :wave: , haven't really been on in a couple days, this week has been kind of hard. First my six year old refrigerator went kaput and after several days waiting I learn that the repairmen can't fix it. Why? They stopped making the parts for it already, and it's only six years old?! :what: Oh, we could have had a "board" rebuilt on it that would take two weeks and cost several hundred dollars, just so they could then finish diagnosing the reason it quit, and then they can't guarantee it would be cost effective to repair it. I'm again like, :what: !!! So we just had to order a new frig. as the space we have isn't typical, and it's going to take a couple of weeks to get it. But I wasn't about to spend all that money on a frig. I didn't want. I am just thankful that we have an extra "drink" fridge we can get by on, aka my DH's beer fridge, :giggle:

Then my fur boy baby has had diarrhea for several days, so I haven't had much sleep having to let him out 3 and 4 times a night. I also have to go with him and follow him around in the yard in order to: 1) monitor the quality of his poop, and 2) to make sure he doesn't get into anything else to keep him sick. I just hate going out there in the middle of the night, it's scary to me because it's rather dark and spooky what with the big herons and their loud squawking, and watching for snakes and such. :scared: :sheesh: I'm such a coward. :facepalm:

Then there was a thunderstorm the other night which kept my baby awake... so me too. Anyway, have been feeding him chicken and rice cooked in broth, and finally last night gave him Pepto Bismol . If he isn't better today it's off to the vet. He doesn't feel bad, has a great appetite, etc. . Funny though, he keeps turning around and looking at his booty like he's trying to show me it's messed up, Poor baby :( I'm quite sure the cause is something he ate in our back yard, he came in smelling like fish and I found part of a dead fish out there the other day. The darn birds drop stuff like that in our yard from time to time and it's more prevalent in the Spring, especially with all the rain we've had. I have also found and subsequently removed some quite large animal droppings in our back yard, really gross .... and am not sure what it's from, raccoon or fox maybe? You know dogs, they are known to eat some really disgusting things at times. :facepalm:

Anyway, he finally slept through the night last night so I actually got some decent sleep, thank you Lord, so hoping it is uphill from here.
ETA: I'm way behind on the thread, good to see all the activity, so I've a bit of catching up to do. How terrible about Ann Rule's sons and what they've done to her, that poor dear. :(

I have a Lab, and she will get diarrhea for a day or so from eating weeds in the yard!
The upside is that you will have a brand new fridge. I got one in January. I suggest you get the extended warranty on it.

Neesaki, dh bought my last refrigerator and got a Samsung french door with the adjustable selves that can be raised, a large meat keeper (that I use for cheeses and things, the most are packets from fast food.), two large drawers with adjustable humidity levels and icemaker, in the freezer you have all that space on the bottom and a large drawer along with a second ice maker. He got it at a bargain at Lowes during the tax something a few years ago. He was window shopping and seen this one fridge and that the price had been reduced, and learned that it had been bought and installed in a new home and they changed their minds , returned it and chose another one,hence the price. So I got a three thousand dollar fridge for half it's price. I love it. It keeps lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, celery in the high humidity one on high and they stay "fresh" for several weeks. The two ice makers are nice for crushed on the top, and cubes on the bottom. The downside to this is several problems that Sumsung has. It stopped one day, and dh checked it out, and stayed on line with customer service (a long long time) that was useless. It has a thick sheet of ice buildup in the bottom of the freezer several times s far. Other than that I love it. Yep beer fridges in the south, out in the garage where beer is handy to him. I store my flour, rice and pasta out there also.

If I mention that I like something, not that I wanted, I get it. I mentioned that having a Chambers stove would be cool, and I got one. It's the same age as me, 1951. He asked what I wanted for Christmas 2013 and I said a Nissan Rouge. He thought I said pergola ( it's a gazbo, arbor, etc. I already have one from walmart with mosquito netting), and it is very nice metal and looks wonderful covered in Morning Glorys. Anyway he got hearing aids for Valentines.

Could your baby be constipated? and have a blockage that's letting liquid stool out but not poop?

Neesaki, dh bought my last refrigerator and got a Samsung french door with the adjustable selves that can be raised, a large meat keeper (that I use for cheeses and things, the most are packets from fast food.), two large drawers with adjustable humidity levels and icemaker, in the freezer you have all that space on the bottom and a large drawer along with a second ice maker. He got it at a bargain at Lowes during the tax something a few years ago. He was window shopping and seen this one fridge and that the price had been reduced, and learned that it had been bought and installed in a new home and they changed their minds , returned it and chose another one,hence the price. So I got a three thousand dollar fridge for half it's price. I love it. It keeps lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, celery in the high humidity one on high and they stay "fresh" for several weeks. The two ice makers are nice for crushed on the top, and cubes on the bottom. The downside to this is several problems that Sumsung has. It stopped one day, and dh checked it out, and stayed on line with customer service (a long long time) that was useless. It has a thick sheet of ice buildup in the bottom of the freezer several times s far. Other than that I love it. Yep beer fridges in the south, out in the garage where beer is handy to him. I store my flour, rice and pasta out there also.

If I mention that I like something, not that I wanted, I get it. I mentioned that having a Chambers stove would be cool, and I got one. It's the same age as me, 1951. He asked what I wanted for Christmas 2013 and I said a Nissan Rouge. He thought I said pergola ( it's a gazbo, arbor, etc. I already have one from walmart with mosquito netting), and it is very nice metal and looks wonderful covered in Morning Glorys. Anyway he got hearing aids for Valentines.

Could your baby be constipated? and have a blockage that's letting liquid stool out but not poop?
That's what mine is! We got it at Fry's. I didn't want stainless steel, don't like the look of it, but this one is really nice!

One hundred and fourteen days of the new year brings us to Friday April, 24, 2015.

Spellbound , you just missed a wonderful thunder storm. Not a lot of thunder and lightening, but torrential rains. This reminds me of 2007, and we had rain almost everyday for months.

1184 - The Greeks enter Troy using the Trojan Horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbiR6IMf5KQ&feature=player_detailpage

1800 - The Library of Congress was established.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_GPMh1QhlDU

1872 - Mount Vesuvius blows it's top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1bsmv6PyKs0

1936 - Benny Goodman records China Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GuyzYAmMK-k

1945 - President Truman is breifed on The Manhattan Project. Truman a momentous decision: whether or not to use the world’s first weapon of mass destruction. (my father was born in Kiowa county Oklahoma, there are many famous people that have come up out of it. Dr. Joyce Streans went on to direct the Manhattan Project.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ru2PWmGIoB8

1953 - Winston Churchill knighted by Queen Elizabeth ll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bPZAb4Hi-XY

1957 - Ricky Nelson first record "Teenager Romance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dD7QYLZ9PzE

1961 - Del Shannon runs to the top of the charts with "Runaway".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8TLLcvWeiKw

1961 - The Vasa . which sank on her maiden voyage in 1626, is raised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KWDqN1Xx1vw

1969 - The Cowsill's go gold

[video=youtube;BFy-yzj02FE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFy-yzj02FE&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

1979 - Ray Charles' 'Georgia On My Mind' was proclaimed the state song of Georgia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fRgWBN8yt_E

1980 - President Carter tries to rescue the 52 hostages from the US embassy in Iran ( Operation Eagle Claw ) was aborted due to equipment failure, The Iranian foreign minister warned that any attempt by the US would be considered an act of War. Eight US Servicemen lost their lives in the aborted attempt. He ain't no Ross Perot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1Km3dx7wppA

1981 - Billy Shoemaker wins his eight thousandth race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cE626oAvoD8

1984 - Apple released the Apple IIc portable computer costing $1,295,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=05M80HHNB6s

1990 - The Hubble Telescope is launched. It is hoped that the Telescope will be able to see up to the edge of the known universe. The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=loXDVGi_lK0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member