Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our place is kinda toward Sweetwater, Snyder....where are you TX

Red Raider country, I drive through those areas when go to sis in DFW area. Man, driving through the Snyder to Sweetwater area is crazy at night with all the lights from the wind turbines, kinda creepy actually

Exactly, hurricanes you know about a week ahead of time. We sat out Ike a couple of years ago. No power for weeks! Tornados you might get 20 minutes notice but usually not even that

ike was no fun because it took so long to move through. good grief, the wind started before midnight and it wasn't really over where i am (middle of the city) until almost 8 am. really long night!!

i'm one of the few who didn't lose power. but they turned it OFF so they could bring up the grids in a certain way. i was lucky. only out until noon the next day. my friends didn't have power for 3 weeks.

I was out there with a medical team from Ft. Hood. I will never forget that sight...no homes left, just the foundations. An absolutely horrific situation.

It was terrible. Just foundations, 27 people died. Many others lost homes and everything in them

I wish the best for those in this storm

Thank you for your service Beagle.

Not there now, was at the ranch there one day last week when a tornado system went through and stirred up a big sandstorm.

No family there. Days like this make me recall the F5 that hit Jarrell, Texas. Some of our friends were killed, the entire family. My buddy, his wife and twin high school age kids. The whole neighborhood was nothing but concrete slabs where houses used to be.

I'm so sorry you lost your friends....

they're horrible. at least with hurricanes, you know they're coming for long enough to dig in or leave. you never know with tornadoes. i couldn't live in the midwest again for this very reason. been there, done that. no thanks.

i really hope your family's ok!! i wish we could help you somehow.

Hurricanes are awful, I've gone through more than my share and they are devastating but I cannot imagine the inability to prepare like with tornadoes. Not being able to get your kids or elderly family members or pets, not being able to secure your home ... so frightening, I don't know how folks rebuild and feel secure again but god bless them and their communities!

OK that is creepy to me and for some reason that just gave me chills.

I know, right? I'm sure, when we are able to talk, no service right now, this will be the first thing mentioned. It's a sign...he needs to get out of there. JMO Most of my family is in OK, praying there are no more today.

Is everyone okay? Including your cousin? Didn't double check which came first, your post here or your PM.

They are safe!!! I have family in Moore, Edmund, Mustang. My cousin in Moore is the best guy!! Thank God he is safe.

Thanks for the PM's and support. I haven't been this scared in a long time.

ike was no fun because it took so long to move through. good grief, the wind started before midnight and it wasn't really over where i am (middle of the city) until almost 8 am. really long night!!

i'm one of the few who didn't lose power. but they turned it OFF so they could bring up the grids in a certain way. i was lucky. only out until noon the next day. my friends didn't have power for 3 weeks.

Ha! Yeah the wind was barely blowing and it had just started raining and ours shut off...we were just filling up the bathtubs (water well) and then no power for 10 days. Went to my office to take "baths".

But we had two generators so kept the freezer going, a lamp, fans and a TV
Getting gas was an adventure. "Pods" set up for people to get ice, food

Red Raider country, I drive through those areas when go to sis in DFW area. Man, driving through the Snyder to Sweetwater area is crazy at night with all the lights from the wind turbines, kinda creepy actually

I still can't get used to those.

Oh I know, I went though one in '82 (was it Alison?), Rita and Ike, you never get used to that hurricane scream, it just goes on for hours. We lost power with Ike for one day, it came back the next evening but people a few blocks away were out for weeks. The '82 one was the longest without power, (lived in Clear Lake City then) about 3 days.

I only lived down here for about a year before the first storm so that was pretty wiggy.

The current pictures in Moore looks so very bad, almost unimaginable.

It was terrible. Just foundations, 27 people died. Many others lost homes and everything in them

I wish the best for those in this storm

Thank you for your service Beagle.

Thanks. I remember the trees also...stripped of leaves, bark and branches. The corn fields looked like a swarm of locust had gone through them...completely stripped. It was a very emotional experience.

They are safe!!! I have family in Moore, Edmund, Mustang. My cousin in Moore is the best guy!! Thank God he is safe.

Thanks for the PM's and support. I haven't been this scared in a long time.

Thank goodness!! How frightening for everyone there and loved ones around the country.
I'm so glad you'll be able to speak with your family and eventually give them big loving hugs!

Per family...cousins neighborhood is a "war zone"

Please donate to the Red Cross!

I think I will stay here. I am seeing too many shades of my old horrible judgemental self in the main thread...and I have worked so hard to rid myself of being that way. I much prefer music and tornado talk (well...not that wish devastation on anyone).

I'm in FL and it just started pouring, thundering, and lightening like crazy. Like out of nowhere. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention to the weather outside. My dog and I both jumped. Those poor babies in OK... how scared they must be :(

Oh I know, I went though one in '82 (was it Alison?), Rita and Ike, you never get used to that hurricane scream, it just goes on for hours. We lost power with Ike for one day, it came back the next evening but people a few blocks away were out for weeks. The '82 one was the longest without power, (lived in Clear Lake City then) about 3 days.

I only lived down here for about a year before the first storm so that was pretty wiggy.

Yeah, Alicia it was a pretty big one. Allison was the most rain I've ever seen. Just a tropical storm but it sat over Houston for days, raining in sheets. Then it moved out, turned and came back...flooding was so bad

'82 was alicia. allison was the tropical depression that sat over houston forever, went away and came back and sat some more. flooded everything. where i live doesn't flood, but my yard was underwater in allison.

I think I will stay here. I am seeing too many shades of my old horrible judgemental self in the main thread...and I have worked so hard to rid myself of being that way. I much prefer music and tornado talk (well...not that wish devastation on anyone).

(((Hug)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member