SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if her screaming and crying out during the night is actually her faking more of her orgasms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have questions regarding The Penalty Phase.

What exactly is the jury deliberating? I know that the jurors are deliberating Arias' sentence (Life / Death). However, what is there to deliberate?

The jury has found Arias Guilty of First Degree Murder.

Is the question (for the jury) now:

The State has proven at least one aggravating circumstance. Therefore, Arias Guilty of First Degree Murder combined with the proven aggravating circumstance(s) requires the jury to sentence Arias to Death.

or

The State has not proven at least one aggravating circumstance. Therefore, Arias Guilty of First Degree Murder requires the jury to sentence Arias to Life in Prison.

or

The State has proven aggravating circumstances. However, the mitigating factors of the defendant are greater than the aggravating circumstances. Therefore, the jury is required to sentence Arias to Life in Prison.

I am confused as to what the jury is deliberating. The State of Arizona is not tasking the jury to make case law. In other words - the jury is not deliberating on whether or not the Death Penalty is fair, wrong, barbaric, corrosive, ect. Currently, The Death Penalty is recognized as a viable punishment. The State of Arizona is not asking the jury to use individual ideologies, or, their feelings regarding the sentences.

The State of Arizona is asking the jury to follow instructions to determine a sentence to a defendant found Guilty of First Degree Murder.

Please correct me - however, aren't the instructions straight forward? Isn't it like following a map? For example:

***One or More Aggravating Circumstances Have Been Proven By The State. If Yes, move to Section One. If no, move to Section Two.

Section One: The Defendant Has Mitigating Factors. If Yes, move to Section Three. If No, move to Section Four.

Section Three: The Aggravating Circumstances Are Greater Than The Mitigating Factors. If Yes, move to Section Five. If No, move to Section Six.

And so on. I can understand the jury needing time to deliberate Guilty / Not Guilty. This requires going over the evidence.

The jury has rendered their verdict - now they have to follow The State of Arizona's instructions to decide sentencing.

I have read, and, heard debates regarding the Death Penalty. For example, that the jury may not sentence Arias to Death due to the fact that some jurors may feel as though the Death Penalty is wrong, one or more members of the jury may feel as though that the Death Penalty goes against their individual morals.

How is debating the Death Penalty possible during Sentencing? Again, The State of Arizona is not asking the jurors to make a decision on individual belief systems regarding the sentences. Plus, this jury is "Death Qualified," correct?

I do not know how the jury could debate if the defendant has mitigating factors - or, if the the defendant's mitigating factors are greater than the aggravating circumstances.

The jury has found the defendant Guilty of First Degree Murder - how would being able to copy pictures, donating hair to Locks of Love, creating a book club - be a mitigating factor for a defendant found Guilty of First Degree Murder?

I would not anyone I love having Arias' hair for a wig (Locks of Love). Arias, IMO, is evil. It is more than likely not rational - but having Arias' hair would make me uncomfortable. Arias being able to sell her art - show her art - IMO would continue to cause more pain. Knowing that Arias is selling / working / showing her copied pictures would be a constant reminder that Travis Alexander was slaughtered by Arias' hand, Travis Alexander's life was taken away from him, and Arias continues to pursue her happiness.

Travis Alexander being slaughtered in his own home - walking over to his bathroom mirror and seeing blood flowing out of his body as his murderer is stabbing him in his head so hard that his skull breaks - had to be so painful, scary, horrifying, agonizing. The extreme cruel nature of Travis Alexander's murder does not leave "room" for mitigating factors. Although I do not consider any of Travis Alexander's murderer's listed mitigating factors credible - the unimaginable horror of Travis Alexander's murder does not permit mitigating factors. Due to this, even if Travis Alexander's murderer did have valid mitigating factors - the cruelty of his murder would cancel out even the highest quality mitigating factors.

I do not understand what the jury is deliberating on. Again, it should not be "how do I feel as a juror sentencing Arias to death." The jurors are responsible for answering: "Are there aggravating circumstances proven by The State? Does the defendant have any mitigating factors?" Correct????

These questions seem very straight forward and easy to answer.

Even if a person is against Capital Punishment - being on a jury that is deciding sentencing is not the time to exercise individual ideologies. It is about following the instructions, and, laws that are in place. The possible sentences that are being sought in The State of Arizona vs. Arias include The Death Penalty. Currently, The Death Penalty is a punishment for a crime.

It is not about being for or against the Death Penalty. This is not an issue during the Sentencing Phase of The State of Arizona vs. Arias. Jury members should not be saying, "She is guilty and her crime is horrifying - but I cannot give her the death penalty because of how I feel." If someone in the jury is against the death penalty - then after the trial - after they are not working to render justice for The State of Arizona - they can work to end Capital Punishment.

It seems as though when following the instructions set forth by The State of Arizona - reaching a sentencing agreement would be straight forward.

It seems as though that there could not be much discussion on Arias' mitigating factors - as there are none.

I want Travis Alexander's family and friends to have a chance to have peace. It seems very clear that Travis Alexander's family want Travis Alexander's murderer to be given the Death Penalty. Considering Arias' lack of remorse - the fact that she has not taken advantage to get help over the las five years - the fact that Arias is still so cruel that she was able to hold up the "Survivor" t-shirt - shows how evil she is.

Arias is a survivor - we get it. Arias is alive, and, because of her planning & actions Travis Alexander is dead. Life in Prison will give Arias a lifetime to continue to torture Travis Alexander's family - and it is obvious that she will.

Just looking at the law - the aggravating circumstances - the mitigating factors - what is this jury deliberating on?

It comes down to this...the jurors are human beings. Not all people can sentence a person to death regardless of the crime. Have you ever served on a death penalty jury? I have not myself, served on a child molestation case and it was hung. I honestly can say I would not be able to give the death penalty to Jodi. It would take a very EVIL person and EVIL acts for me to sentence someone to death. To me she is does not fit that profile for me to judge and sentence her to her death.

Yes, she is a murderer and yes it was premeditated and it was cruel, but what murder isn't cruel? I don't like her, but i could not give her a death sentence.

I would be death penalty qualified juror, but for some reason I would spare her life.

There is a reason they have the jury decide her sentence and there are two options, because we are humans and not all of us think or feel the same. This a persons life and it is not easy to make a important decision like this for most people i would think.

Did anyone notice a big bruise on her right arm when she was in court yesterday or the day before ? I bet she hit something hard in a tantrum. She reminds me of the Hand That Rocks the Cradle. The nanny Peyton, is a psycho who is all sweet until she goes into a bathroom and starts hitting the walls over and over with a stick. I love that movie .

Didn't mean to offend anyone.
It is satirical based on JA's "change of perspective" on whether she wanted the DP or not.
Obviously I don't expect (or want) the jury to actually do this) it was a joke.

A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men.
~Willie Wonka~

:seeya:

[video=youtube;tgYuLsudaJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgYuLsudaJQ[/video]

Its 6.00pm here is Australia(east coast). Long wait till morning.

And there's yet another later female interview where her hair looks practically oiled or wet or something...odd.

I betcha the news station make up crew put too much silicone product in her hair. I have used Moroccan Oil in the past and if I used too much my hair would end up looking a bit oily and scraggly!

I'll join in on the times. It's 5:30pm in Japan now. I don't work tomorrow, so I'll definitely be staying up to see this thing through. DP!!!

This Jury has a duty to consider the Death Penalty. If not, it is a 'hung' jury.This is my limited understanding of AZ (USA) law. This Jury have the facts of the Arias's Conviction for M1, Aggravated Cruelty proven, and now must weight the DP against mitigating factors.
This is their sworn duty.

:crying: It sucks that the prime time I am available to post here...everyone in the US is sound asleep. I hope they're dreaming of JUSTICE!

Its going to be a beautiful day! I hope this ends so everyone who has been forced to participate can go back to enjoying their lives. We need a better system. Maybe just convict vs. a computer. :floorlaugh:

Originally Posted by StephanieHartPI View Post
This sounds pretty clear to me:

Ladies and gentleman of the jury I have received your note indicating that you are unable to come to a unanimous decision. i have some suggestions to help your deliberations and not to force you to reach a verdict. I am merely trying to be responsive to your apparent need for help. I do no wish nor intend to force a verdict.

Ditto. And JSS is not stupid, so the "maybe she read it wrong" argument doesn't jive.
Here's another possibility

What if the supposed jury question/note published on azcentral.com is incorrect?

The reason I pose this possibility is because the judge did not address the question/note published on azcentral.com.

In other words, if the jury really did ask, "Should they write it on a jury-question form or just tell her", why did the judge not answer this question?

I certainly want this to be the last day....I need to get back to my life, seriously. However, I know that it'll be hard to cut this off and refocus after all of these months of the trial.

I'm here yuzu-lemon.

Jodi was really enjoying being in court Wednesday. Those interviews rejuvenated her. It was disgusting, IMO.

I am being forced to refocus. I just opened the fridge door, there are so many bags of half eaten fast food in there it scared me. Darn thing is full. LOL Thats what happenes around here when I am glued to the tv with a trial.

I'm here yuzu-lemon.

Jodi was really enjoying being in court Wednesday. Those interviews rejuvenated her. It was disgusting, IMO.

Nice to see you TART! :) I totally agree. I admit I didn't want to watch her interviews, but I did >< You know...morbid curiosity! Jodi is just a disgusting, vile insect that needs to be squished on the concrete. Is it wrong for me to wish a cell mate would just do her in early?? (If she gets life...(shudder!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV