SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA! I love when he asked her about the dramatic change in her appearance! That was a DIG and she didn't like it!

This was not slow pitch; this was MLB. man, watching Jodi squirm. :floorlaugh:

if i was a betting person, i would say it was bout ryan owen - he is my new fave and she called him hater because he didn't ask those sotfball question

I agree huge difference! Can we get any clarification on that. I would be so excited if they just asked what if they can't come to a decision or what form to use, instead of "2 hrs into it and we are stuck"
All I can figure is the judge may have inferred that the question from the jury meant they were deadlocked and they wanted to know how to proceed -- i.e., what is the next step.

If true, was this a mistaken assumption on her part?

Perhaps we'll get a clarification on Thursday

I heard on NG that Jodi stated she wasn't aware of the media attention...but then I remembered that she called TH out for not airing part of her earlier interview. lol
Someone must definitely be feeding her blow by blow accounts of EVERYTHING she says. Just how much time does she get to chat on the phone in jail??!!

PS- this GMA interview was the only interview I watched in full today (and only after I go the word here it was a doozy!). This guy deserves some kind of an award.

The Troy Hayden interview was also a beaut! Jodi was all warm&fuzzy, glad to see him again and he just cuts to the meat. Asks his few, well-sharpened or dripping-with-sarcasm questions (8 or 9 minutes max) and leaves ol' Jodi dazed and confused. He communicated very well that her "word" meant nothing to him and I'm hoping he will reveal the secret "deal" he had with her. Can't wait.

Oh Mrs G. Norris! :yourock:

OMG! I haven't seen all of this one yet! Been dying to see it! I've seen snippets all day! We were at our beach house all day and I couldn't get online there earlier to watch it. Thanks for providing the link! Off to watch now!

I have said this before, but I'll say it again...could it be that the jury is confused about the jury instructions? I'm sure they have read over this part again amongst themselves, but when JW was talking, remember she kept saying, "if you find one mitigating factor," and "if you individually find one mitigating factor." She made it sound like if you find one mitigating factor, then you have to spare her life. I mean, is this true? I don't see how that could be true. Then another part though, JSS read that the totality of the mitigation has to be greater than the totality of the aggravation.

So perhaps there is a juror or two who says, I think her age is a mitigating factor, and well JW told us that if we find one we have to give her life.

I think Juan was much less clear in this phase than with the others...it could be that he just couldn't say much b/c this phase is so subjective, I don't know. I will gladly eat my words if the jury comes back with death verdict. Then I'm sure I'll be saying Juan did a GREAT JOB in the mitigation phase. But I wish he would have gone after what JW said, which she said multiple times that if you find one mitigating factor, you must give life.

Any thoughts on this? Did anyone else feel that way? I have to say I was confused after the closing statements about how exactly they wree supposed to go about determining death or life, but then again I didn't actually read the instructions, just followed along with JSS and then watched the arguments.

Not directed at you btw.

(paraphrasing)

Jodi is good because she wouldn't ever hurt a spider or bug. She cupped them up and threw them outside...(Norman Bates movie...I wouldn't even swat that fly) Didn't they realize how much that spider saving was like Norman?

Jodi is good because she was my bridesmaid and took pictures or whatever and we grew up together. We haven't spoken in years...

Jodi is good because in the week or so after Travis' murder "her and I have been getting along better than ever"...Jodi's mom said in the one taped inteveiws with DF when JA was arrested. (I do feel for her family, they just don't get it yet sadly)

Jodi is good because she can draw, Interpreted by the collector..fizzle. Murderabelia peeps and I don't cross paths.

Jodi is good because of she's a photographer. hmmm Photoshop.

She'll recycle, heck I read that if it's Perryville they have been recycling materials to make the mattresses for prisoners since 2008? Other prisoner items also are being recycled. So Jodi is good.

Joid isn't good. imo

Immature statements from an almost 33 year old. 5 years doesn't take away that much street wise. jmo

Is Jodi's hair darker in the Owens interview? It looks darker almost black to me.

I'm watching HLN re-runs and I wonder if NG is pizzed she did not get the Jodi-show interview? All I picture is a cat fight. :floorlaugh:

The cat fight would follow Jodi's use of her special sign language for Nancy.
In Jodi's (aka Donavan's) tweets, she refers to Nancy as "Nancy DisGrace" ... they clearly have nothing but contempt for each other. It would be an interesting interview! Me-Oww! Hiss!
:fence:

OH yeah .. like she wasn't ultra keen to get on camera that day, as in yeah, you know if Troy hadn't turned up, she would have been relieved .. pffffft!

I think if she had another round of interviews now reporters would just be openly cruel to her .. basically Ryan Owens won the reporting last night, with Troy coming in second .. people want to see her getting called out on her BS.
Loved Ryan Owens!
While she was speaking "at" the jury, I just sat here shaking my head while she was talking about all the changes she could make in prison. Wouldn't you love to hear how that conversation would go with the Warden?? This convicted murderer has no idea how ridiculous and self absorbed she sounds.

Jodi wanted the interview with Troy "so bad" .. she started to say that, then corrected herself. on After Dark re-runs.

Is Jodi's hair darker in the Owens interview? It looks darker almost black to me.

Girl, didn't you hear it for yourself? Jodi said there is NO CLAIROL HAIR COLOR in jail:jail:! :floorlaugh:

LOL! I'm just messing with you! I think it was just the lighting that made her hair look darker.

I just think to myself that if Jodi pulled a Ted Bundy (prison escape), would I be afraid? Yes, I would be.

Not directed at you btw.

(paraphrasing)

Jodi is good because she wouldn't ever hurt a spider or bug. She cupped them up and threw them outside...(Norman Bates movie...I wouldn't even swat that fly) Didn't they realize how much that spider saving was like Norman?

Jodi is good because she was my bridesmaid and took pictures or whatever and we grew up together. We haven't spoken in years...

Jodi is good because in the week or so after Travis' murder "her and I have been getting along better than ever"...Jodi's mom said in the one taped inteveiws with DF when JA was arrested. (I do feel for her family, they just don't get it yet sadly)

Jodi is good because she can draw, Interpreted by the collector..fizzle. Murderabelia peeps and I don't cross paths.

Jodi is good because of she's a photographer. hmmm Photoshop.

She'll recycle, heck I read that if it's Perryville they have been recycling materials to make the mattresses for prisoners since 2008? Other prisoner items also are being recycled. So Jodi is good.

Joid isn't good. imo

Immature statements from an almost 33 year old. 5 years doesn't take away that much street wise. jmo

I just think to myself that if Jodi pulled a Ted Bundy (prison escape), would I be afraid? Yes, I would be.

Factoid :blushing:

Ted Bundy was caught once and for all about a mile from where I live. I pass by the exact spot frequently and can't help but look at that spot every time and think about the what if's!!!! It's still very creepy to me!

Breaking News
A great substitute junk food when out of Twizzlers is Gummy Worms. I am on my 2nd bag of Gummy Worms. They work just as well as Twizzlers. :)

Loved Ryan Owens!
While she was speaking "at" the jury, I just sat here shaking my head while she was talking about all the changes she could make in prison. Wouldn't you love to hear how that conversation would go with the Warden?? This convicted murderer has no idea how ridiculous and self absorbed she sounds.

To me it almost sounded like a job interview, or a speech you would give when running for class president: If you elect me as your prisoner for life I will spread my greatness to those poor women in prison. I will heal the sick, teach the ignorant, and recycle all the cans. I, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, will affect sweeping change in the prison system and fight for the rights of domestic violence victims everywhere through the power of my awesome t-shirt. Vote for Jodi!

When Jodi was talking to the female interviewer, and she said even if she gets DP, she will have all these years of appeals. Her eyes lit up and she was so cheerful about that like she pulled one over on the system.

Her logic is so misplaced, it is just incredible. Wake up Jodi. So what if you get years of appeals. It still means you are on Death Row heading for a lethal injection. Good Grief.

I have questions regarding The Penalty Phase.

What exactly is the jury deliberating? I know that the jurors are deliberating Arias' sentence (Life / Death). However, what is there to deliberate?

The jury has found Arias Guilty of First Degree Murder.

Is the question (for the jury) now:

The State has proven at least one aggravating circumstance. Therefore, Arias Guilty of First Degree Murder combined with the proven aggravating circumstance(s) requires the jury to sentence Arias to Death.

or

The State has not proven at least one aggravating circumstance. Therefore, Arias Guilty of First Degree Murder requires the jury to sentence Arias to Life in Prison.

or

The State has proven aggravating circumstances. However, the mitigating factors of the defendant are greater than the aggravating circumstances. Therefore, the jury is required to sentence Arias to Life in Prison.

I am confused as to what the jury is deliberating. The State of Arizona is not tasking the jury to make case law. In other words - the jury is not deliberating on whether or not the Death Penalty is fair, wrong, barbaric, corrosive, ect. Currently, The Death Penalty is recognized as a viable punishment. The State of Arizona is not asking the jury to use individual ideologies, or, their feelings regarding the sentences.

The State of Arizona is asking the jury to follow instructions to determine a sentence to a defendant found Guilty of First Degree Murder.

Please correct me - however, aren't the instructions straight forward? Isn't it like following a map? For example:

***One or More Aggravating Circumstances Have Been Proven By The State. If Yes, move to Section One. If no, move to Section Two.

Section One: The Defendant Has Mitigating Factors. If Yes, move to Section Three. If No, move to Section Four.

Section Three: The Aggravating Circumstances Are Greater Than The Mitigating Factors. If Yes, move to Section Five. If No, move to Section Six.

And so on. I can understand the jury needing time to deliberate Guilty / Not Guilty. This requires going over the evidence.

The jury has rendered their verdict - now they have to follow The State of Arizona's instructions to decide sentencing.

I have read, and, heard debates regarding the Death Penalty. For example, that the jury may not sentence Arias to Death due to the fact that some jurors may feel as though the Death Penalty is wrong, one or more members of the jury may feel as though that the Death Penalty goes against their individual morals.

How is debating the Death Penalty possible during Sentencing? Again, The State of Arizona is not asking the jurors to make a decision on individual belief systems regarding the sentences. Plus, this jury is "Death Qualified," correct?

I do not know how the jury could debate if the defendant has mitigating factors - or, if the the defendant's mitigating factors are greater than the aggravating circumstances.

The jury has found the defendant Guilty of First Degree Murder - how would being able to copy pictures, donating hair to Locks of Love, creating a book club - be a mitigating factor for a defendant found Guilty of First Degree Murder?

I would not anyone I love having Arias' hair for a wig (Locks of Love). Arias, IMO, is evil. It is more than likely not rational - but having Arias' hair would make me uncomfortable. Arias being able to sell her art - show her art - IMO would continue to cause more pain. Knowing that Arias is selling / working / showing her copied pictures would be a constant reminder that Travis Alexander was slaughtered by Arias' hand, Travis Alexander's life was taken away from him, and Arias continues to pursue her happiness.

Travis Alexander being slaughtered in his own home - walking over to his bathroom mirror and seeing blood flowing out of his body as his murderer is stabbing him in his head so hard that his skull breaks - had to be so painful, scary, horrifying, agonizing. The extreme cruel nature of Travis Alexander's murder does not leave "room" for mitigating factors. Although I do not consider any of Travis Alexander's murderer's listed mitigating factors credible - the unimaginable horror of Travis Alexander's murder does not permit mitigating factors. Due to this, even if Travis Alexander's murderer did have valid mitigating factors - the cruelty of his murder would cancel out even the highest quality mitigating factors.

I do not understand what the jury is deliberating on. Again, it should not be "how do I feel as a juror sentencing Arias to death." The jurors are responsible for answering: "Are there aggravating circumstances proven by The State? Does the defendant have any mitigating factors?" Correct????

These questions seem very straight forward and easy to answer.

Even if a person is against Capital Punishment - being on a jury that is deciding sentencing is not the time to exercise individual ideologies. It is about following the instructions, and, laws that are in place. The possible sentences that are being sought in The State of Arizona vs. Arias include The Death Penalty. Currently, The Death Penalty is a punishment for a crime.

It is not about being for or against the Death Penalty. This is not an issue during the Sentencing Phase of The State of Arizona vs. Arias. Jury members should not be saying, "She is guilty and her crime is horrifying - but I cannot give her the death penalty because of how I feel." If someone in the jury is against the death penalty - then after the trial - after they are not working to render justice for The State of Arizona - they can work to end Capital Punishment.

It seems as though when following the instructions set forth by The State of Arizona - reaching a sentencing agreement would be straight forward.

It seems as though that there could not be much discussion on Arias' mitigating factors - as there are none.

I want Travis Alexander's family and friends to have a chance to have peace. It seems very clear that Travis Alexander's family want Travis Alexander's murderer to be given the Death Penalty. Considering Arias' lack of remorse - the fact that she has not taken advantage to get help over the las five years - the fact that Arias is still so cruel that she was able to hold up the "Survivor" t-shirt - shows how evil she is.

Arias is a survivor - we get it. Arias is alive, and, because of her planning & actions Travis Alexander is dead. Life in Prison will give Arias a lifetime to continue to torture Travis Alexander's family - and it is obvious that she will.

Just looking at the law - the aggravating circumstances - the mitigating factors - what is this jury deliberating on?

Has anyone noticed that NOT ONCE in her 18 days on the witness stand did Jodi say she had nightmares, but now, in one of her latest interviews she claims she is having nightmares about the murder. Since Steven told about HIS nightmares in his impact statement, Jodi is having them, too.

It's amazing that she has nightmares about the murder, since she was in that FOG and all.:floorlaugh:

Trippy!

Where is this at? Sorry if i'm getting personal. Was it Denver or CA? Ugh I confuse them all. :facepalm:

FUN FACT :blushing: (not really fun...but....a fact for sure...)

Ted Bundy was caught once and for all about a mile from where I live. I pass by the exact spot frequently and can't help but look at that spot every time and think about the what if's!!!! It's still very creepy to me!

I love these!

full_nibs.jpg

Breaking News
A great substitute junk food when out of Twizzlers is Gummy Worms. I am on my 2nd bag of Gummy Worms. They work just as well as Twizzlers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV