SIDEBAR #57 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Stunning 20-Year Prison Diary Etched Into Ostrich Eggs

"San Francisco native Gil Batle spent 20 years in five different California prisons for fraud and forgery. Behind bars he used his self-taught skills as an artist to keep him safe from gang violence by designing tattoos, portraits, and greeting cards for fellow inmates..."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/...l_batle_is_a_20_year_prison_diary_carved.html

151104_EYE_GilBatleHatchedInPrison1.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

(One of a series of eggs called “Sanctuary” depicts Batle’s sentiment that whether they are locked up or back on the streets, “convicts are never free” from fear, he says._
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning everyone! :wave:

Not much to say this morning...

I did get the leaves all blown away from the driveway and front & back porches/balconies! Yea!! Looks a lot "cleaner" now! Another storm coming thru on Thursday and they said it's going to be windy also! More leaf blowing for me! :gaah: :lol:

Okay - watching football and reading...

Later! :seeya:

Hey again! :D

YESorNO said:
Samsung's SmartTVs Are Listening to Your Living Room Chatter
Here's how to turn it off

"It sounds crazy, but privacy experts are warning Samsung TV buyers not to talk about private subjects in front of their television sets. Someone could be using the voice activation technology to eavesdrop.

Originally found by The Daily Beast, there's a little clause in you television's privacy policy that states what you say isn't just between you and your TV. It's between you, your TV, Samsung, and its third party vendors. It's right there in print: "Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition."..."

I was wondering "where" you were! :seeya:

Re above quote - I just heard about this... I still don't understand "why" they would do that?
We had/have a friend that was under surveillance by the FBI - long story on "how" he got on their "watch" list - that's another story for another time! :) He lived next door to us down in the Bay Area, and we KNEW our place was bugged!! Didn't bother me though... I have nothing to hide! :D

I hate when I "lose" my Thanks button!! So, YESorNO - I thanked all your latest posts!

See ya! I don't think I've posting this picture to share yet!

Attachments

• HusbandGlasses.jpg
    HusbandGlasses.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 100
A Sunday afternoon read: :coffeews:

Suicide Adds to Mystery Of Corpse Found in Barrel
Published: September 13, 1999

"The mystery of a pregnant woman murdered long ago and hidden for decades in a steel drum under a home on Long Island until her mummified remains were found 11 days ago has taken another strange twist. A day after being questioned by detectives last week, the original owner of the home apparently killed himself.

Howard B. Elkins, 71, the first of five owners of the white split-level home at 67 Forest Drive in Jericho, N.Y., where the body was found, was interrogated by Nassau County homicide investigators on Thursday at his retirement home in a condominium community in Boca Raton, Fla. He was not taken into custody.

On Friday afternoon, the police said, he left home and did not return. His worried family called the authorities to report him missing. Later that evening, he was found by a son in the garage of a friend's house in Boca Raton, the victim of an apparently self-inflicted shotgun blast to the head..."

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/13/nyregion/suicide-adds-to-mystery-of-corpse-found-in-barrel.html

Body in Barrel Is Believed to Be Woman Who Vanished in '69
Published: September 14, 1999

"BELLMORE, N.Y., Sept. 13— The body of a pregnant woman found two weeks ago in a steel drum under a home on Long Island is believed to be that of a young woman who disappeared in 1969, investigators said today.

The Nassau County police did not release the name of the woman, who was 25 to 30 years old at the time of her death and was killed by blunt trauma to the head. They said she was Hispanic and had come to the United States from an unspecified country in 1966 and worked for two years assembling plastic flowers in a Manhattan workshop. She was last seen in 1969, the police said.

The principal owner of the plastics company where the woman worked, Howard B. Elkins, 71, who the police said yesterday was the key suspect in the slaying, killed himself on Friday, 20 hours after he was questioned by the police at his retirement home in Boca Raton, Fla. Mr. Elkins was also the original owner of the Jericho, N.Y., home where the woman's body was found on Sept. 2..."

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/14/n...-believed-to-be-woman-who-vanished-in-69.html

THE WOMAN IN THE DRUM 30 YEARS AGO A FRANTIC CALL, THEN SILENCE
September 19, 1999

"The pregnant, gold-toothed woman whose mummified body was found in a steel barrel on Long Island 17 days ago made a last, desperate phone call for help in 1969, police say. But New Jersey cops failed to follow up on the call, during which the soon-to-be-missing woman, fearing that an enraged lover was coming to kill her, begged a friend for help. "She was scared," said Nassau County Detective Sgt. Robert Edwards. "Then no one ever saw her again..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/woman-drum-30-years-frantic-call-silence-article-1.855292

WOMAN IN BARREL ID'D 30-YEAR-OLD MURDER MYSTERY
September 30, 1999

"A decaying address book found in a steel drum with the mummified remains of a pregnant woman helped cops identify the victim and solve a 30-year-old mystery. The 3-inch book, soaked through by body fluids and resting at the bottom of the barrel since 1969, contained a barely legible Social Security number that cops used to identify the beating victim as Reyna Angelica Marroquin. "The pages were like pulp, stuck together and saturated," Detective Sgt. Robert Edwards of the Nassau County Police said yesterday in announcing the identification of Marroquin. "Detectives in our documents unit brought the book back to life..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/woman-barrel-id-30-year-old-murder-mystery-article-1.855004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey again! :D

I was wondering "where" you were! :seeya:

Re above quote - I just heard about this... I still don't understand "why" they would do that?
We had/have a friend that was under surveillance by the FBI - long story on "how" he got on their "watch" list - that's another story for another time! :) He lived next door to us down in the Bay Area, and we KNEW our place was bugged!! Didn't bother me though... I have nothing to hide! :D

I hate when I "lose" my Thanks button!! So, YESorNO - I thanked all your latest posts!

See ya! I don't think I've posting this picture to share yet!

That cartoon is :floorlaugh:

I have nothing to hide either and if someone wanted to listen in to the goings on in my house, they would just die of boredom. :facepalm:

Have a good afternoon Niner. :seeya:

A little music for a Sunday afternoon:

[video=youtube;tS-DmhSXL7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS-DmhSXL7A[/video]

And something to make you laugh too:

[video=youtube;Mj4B5tKSTvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4B5tKSTvM[/video]

Trapped with Ms. Arias

Chapter 21

The Murder Weapons

weapons- gun, knife, never entered into evidence, never found ( "or so I believed")

questions: "where did they come from...where now"

answers "may not mean that much to my case"

"If the knife used to kill Mr. Alexander was the knife found in Mr. Alexander's dishwasher it was never identified as the murder weapon....[knife] could be lying somewhere in the desert, it could be in a landfill somewhere, heck it could be anywhere" (pg. 110)

L didn't care about finding knife - could only hurt the murderer's defense (especially if knife used was not from TA's house and brought it with her- no self-defense there)

L talks more about the knife if found- fingerprints or not

The gun- "meaningless" also to him, but hoped it was never identified, although if found, maybe it wasn't grandpa's gun and would support murderer's story

But grandpa's gun was antique and same caliber as gun that shot TA

could not ever be proven that gun used was TA's

"Given the evidence I had at the time, there would be no way to link a gun found discarded near the Grand Canyon and determined to be the murder weapon ever belonged to Mr. Alexander." (pg. 112)

L stated, even if found a gun- she still shot, stabbed TA 27 times - "...regardless of whose gun it was, she still went to great lengths to kill him as opposed to 'protecting herself' as she claimed"

L was concerned if gun was found to be grandpa's and tied to casing found in bathroom

L didn't think grandpa would remember specific gun that was stolen from house, but he might be able to identify it- would prove that the murderer wasa liar- nothing new, but would add more to "the pile of lies she told"

L wasn't going to look for gun
=======================================================

Chapter 22

Ms. Arias' Supposed Guilt Phase Witnesses

after is trial, the murderer went on TV- interview

she "complained about how certain people could have testified that they had seen bruises on her arm and I chose not to call them as witnesses"

she did not provide why L didn't call "these supposed witnesses....she chose to portray herself as a victim"

L wasn't happy about what she said- could not respond- still her atty- case not over

L upset that she gave interview- caused damage to case- she was lying about him too- he could not respond

today, L happy she did interview in public- he can talk because it's not "privileged information"- she waived it herself when she did public interview

who were witnesses and why not use them?

-only had 1 actual witness with decent testimony, but he came "with too much baggage"- even if what he said was true, people wouldn't believe him anyway

-his list witnesses were: her mother, former boyfriend Matt, and "two other men whose name I will keep to myself so as to keep them out of this mess"

Matt was the "actual witness"- he claimed to have seen bruises on arm- couldn't remember when

But problem with him being witness- in States' mind, he had something to do with letters

Det Flores went to Matt's house to see if he could find evidence of forged letters and such- didn't find any

also, JM "would be allowed to state that Matt was willing to lie " about the bruises because he also helped her with the forged letters- then they would have to discuss actual letters

L thought that any discussion would make the murderer out to "look like a crazy person who took elaborate steps to slander Mr. Alexander's character by creating these letters" (pg. 114)

would also make Matt look like liar about bruising

Matt on stand- one step closer to death row- his job to save murderer's life

murderer's mother- she would lie for her and badly- she lied to L about seeing bruising on murderer's arm

-- met mother in Public Defender's reception office over a weekend ( the murderer told L that he should speak to mother about bruising- L thought "I smell a rat")

L didn't like mother- she accused him of being unethical when he wanted to leave and start own practice

--L stated mother was "juvenile, rude and untrustworthy"

--mother and murderer on 1 jail call- mother called L's wife "skinny *****" (after son Carl and his wife met L in Las Vegas)- mother never met L's wife- L's wife only said hello to Carl and his wife

--after L updated mother about case, answered any questions she had, he ask her if he had seen any bruises on murderer's arm- L "found it funny" that he had to ask her- when he asked her "it was like a thought bubble went on above her head reading 'Oh yeah, I forgot to tell him about seeing bruises, Jodi wanted me to tell him that' " (pg. 117) - she said yes

--L asked where/when on arm? she " 'couldn't remember' "- inability to answer more questions and body language, to L, she was lying- knew jury would reach same conclusion

--JM could bring in jail call recordings- calls "were awful"

another witness- man L will call "Frank"

--murderer claims that she met "Frank" and another guy at PPL meeting, Tempe, Fla- both men noticed bruises on her arm- "Frank" made joke that TA beating/bruising her

--L had real names of "Frank" and the other man

--L and "my former Co-counsel" drove to outskirts of Phoenix to see the other man (not "Frank") - he wasn't home- out of town for few months (according to neighbor)- put his card on screen door

--other man called L "right back" ("even though he was out of state") before they got back to Phoenix- did not recall any convo with the murderer about bruising and "joke", TA beating murderer- claimed "Frank" was on other side of room when he did speak to her, but not about bruising

-needed to contact "Frank"- "real 'Frank" had a common name and was not easy to track down"- never found him- "I never held any delusions that he would have been helpful to Ms. Arias' case, in fact, I really sensed that just the opposite was true"

the murderer "remained either convinced that this person could set her free or that my failure to find him is reason enough to have her conviction overturned" (pg. 120)- the "quest to find 'Frank" goes on"
==========================================================

Next:

Chapter 23
Witness Interviews With the State's Guilt Phase Witnesses

Chapter 24
The State's Interview With Ms. Arias' Actual Guilt Phase Witnesses
End of Section 3 (pg 139)
===============================================================

1942 - The Cocoanut Grove nightclub in Boston a former speakeasy New Frequently Asked Questions About Prohibition burns to the ground in the worst Night Club Fire in US history killing 492 people. The fire began when a canopy of artificial palm fronds caught fire and because of the design and number of highly flammable drapes spread quickly through the club and due to the poor design and blocked entrances many patrons could not get out. The fire did have one positive effect which was that fire regulations throughout the country were changed which banned flammable decorations and required all swinging exit doors to open outwards, the new regulations also required exit signs to be visible at all times.

[video=youtu;MNXb3bgYIs8]http://youtu.be/MNXb3bgYIs8[/video]

The Coconut Grove Nightclub fire is the deadliest night club fire and one of the deadliest fire in American history. Some of the deadliest fires have been night club fires. The most recent being The Station Nightclub Fire in 2003. It claimed 100 lives.

Deadliest fires and explosions in U.S. history
The World Trade Center
New York, NY
September 11, 2001
2,666 (2,977 Killed Including Pentagon and United Flight 93)

S.S. Sultana steamship boiler explosion and fire
Mississippi River
April 27, 1865

Forest fire
Peshtigo, WI, and envions
October 8, 1871

General Slocum excursion steamship fire (PDF, 774 KB)
New York, NY
June 15, 1904

Iroquois Theater
Chicago, IL
December 30, 1903

Forest fire
Cloquet, MN, and environs
October 12, 1918

Cocoanut Grove night club
November 28, 1942

S.S. Grandcamp and Monsanto Chemical Company plant
Texas City, TX
April 16, 1947

Forest fire
Hinckley, MN, and environs
September 1, 1894

Monongha Mine coal mine explosion
Monongha, WV
December 6, 1907

http://www.nfpa.org/research/report.../deadliest-fires-and-explosions-in-us-history

Not surprisingly, 9/11 is the deadliest. The Grandcamp Explosion in 1947 killed at least 581 people.

The deadliest school disaster is not a school massacre like Columbine, Sandy Hook, or Bath. It is the New London School Explosion in New London, Texas. It did not much attention until more recently. Reasons are varied because people were not willing to discuss the event.

Consolidated School gas explosion
http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/research/fire-investigations/londontexasschool.pdf

The Tragic Events Of March 18th, 1937
http://nlsd.net/index2.html

Wikipedia-New London School Explosion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_London_School_explosion

Continued:

During interrogation with Flores, CMJA lied about knowing about Lisa amongst many other things. While Deanna was still living in AZ, and Travis was away, he would ask her to feed Naps. Deanna came in to find CMJA in Travis' office on the computer and baking cookies. All without permission to enter the home. Awkward. Anytime Travis would communicate with a new female, CMJA would immediately friend her on MySpace. As we all know, CMJA invaded Travis' privacy constantly, hacking into all his accounts, following him, texting from his phone etc.

Gus Searcy is discussed. During the trial, when asked if he had an attorney available and he replied not at that hour, he put a black eye on PPL. PPL advertises that one has access to an attorney 24/7... When Travis' tires were slashed, CMJA claimed to be in Vegas with Gus... While CMJA was with Gus, she texted Travis constantly without replies and testified that someone had erased Travis' replies. There were none. CMJA was not on Gus' team, yet had a lot of communication with him...

Before January 2008, Travis had asked CMJA to move back to CA. After this date, he was begging her to move back. His business was suffering and she was interfering with his relationship with Lisa. They broke up again. Travis was extremely depressed after this.

The Hughes and Travis earned an all expense paid trip to Cancun. Travis informed the Hughes he was going to take CMJA and the Hughes weren't happy. A couple of months before the trip, Travis contacted the trip coordinator to see if he could remove CMJA from the plane ticket. Fortunately, the tickets had not been issued, so Travis was free to invite whomever he wanted. The Hughes were "ecstatic".

At the end of March 2008, Sky invited Travis to their home for an extended period of time as they were worried about him. He told them that CMJA was moving back to CA. He knew he had messed up badly with Lisa and was "morbidly sad". He tried to think of ways to get her back, but to no avail. He then met Mimi, who was very smart, well educated and came from a very successfuland talented family. Travis felt he had to impress her and them, mainly due to his lack of college education.

He asked Mimi to go rock climbing, which he had never done. The day before the date, He watched how to rock climb on You Tube, then went to the gym and climbed up and down the rock wall until he was confident he could do it. The day of his date, he called Sky in a panic because he was so sore he could barely move or lift his arms. Sky suggested he postpone the date, but he wanted to go.

Apparently, Mimi scaled the rock wall with ease while Travis was in so much pain he could barely do it. He regaled the Hughes with a blow by blow description that had them in tears from laughing so hard. He was too embarrassed to tell Mimi the story behind his failure at rock climbing. He really wanted to impress Mimi and make his life right by confessing to the LDS church about his sexcapades which might cost him that relationship.

He had to go before the disciplinary council this time as he had already confessed to his Bishop once before. Mimi Hall's father sat on that disciplinary council along with others. Although confidential, Travis felt that once the council and Mimi's dad heard his confession, he would not want his daughter to date him. His privileges to attend the Mormon Temple were revoked and Travis was working really hard to get his life back on track.

Travis decided to invite Mimi on the trip to Cancun as a friend, but was very unsure on how to ask her. He debated over and over with the Hughes on how to proceed to avoid rejection. The Hughes offered him a way to pay them back the money he owed them by his sharing a room with Sky's brother and having Mimi share a room with the Hughes' babysitter. Mimi initially declined, but was convinced it was just as a friend so she eventually accepted.

Sky imagined that being uninvited to Cancun was a huge blow to CMJA. Sky continued to worry about Travis and kept inviting him to her home. Travis insisted he was fine, but was still kinda sad about ruining things with Lisa although He was ecstatic that CMJA was gone. This was basically around the time when Sky, Regan and Taylor all got similar texts from him "wanting to blow his head off". :(

My horse is colicking yet again from the weather changes and is being admitted to New Bolton. Unbelievable. This is the 5 th time this month he has colicked, but this time is pretty bad. Jingles please!

My horse is colicking yet again from the weather changes and is being admitted to New Bolton. Unbelievable. This is the 5 th time this month he has colicked, but this time is pretty bad. Jingles please!

My heart goes out to you...
:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Ugh I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for him, New Bolton is excellent from what I have heard

Continued:

The Hughes had invited Travis to come to the blessing of the Hughes new baby born April 30th, but Travis was not allowed to attend because of his Temple privileges being revoked. Sky invited him to the party that was to take place afterwards and told him to bring Mimi and they could go to Mexico from there. Travis told them Mimi couldn't get off from work and could not take the, up on their invitation. (I guess this was to be held at the end of May or beginning of June? No date was given in the book)

The Hughes were going to Cancun 5 days earlier than Mimi and Travis and on June 3rd, Sky got a call from Travis that she couldn't answer due to being busy getting everything ready for her trip. She returned his call on June 4th and left a message, but she thought she would see him in Cancun later on.

Chris texted Travis on June 4th and asked him to do the Wednesday night training on June 4th which Travis texted back that he would. This was the last known time that anyone had heard from Travis. The Hughes left for Cancun on Friday, June 6,2008. They were planning side trips and texted Travis to see if he and Mimi were interested in the excursions as they had to buy tickets. No response.

By the evening of June 9th, Chris was very worried about Travis as Travis had been a no show for the conference call and had not responded to his texts and calls. Chris called Travis again and his voice mail was full. Chris told Sky that something was wrong with Travis. He wanted to call the cops to do a wellness check, but Sky explained that the cops would not enter the home if no one answered. So Chris called Dave Hall to find someone to go to Mesa to check on Travis.

At 10pm Cancun time, the Hughes went to sleep. At around the same time, Mimi was concerned as she had not heard from Travis and they were supposed to go to Cancun the next day. Mimi called a mutual friend Michelle and asked her to meet her at Travis' house. Michelle brought her boyfriend Dallin and they knocked on the door. They could hear Naps barking, so they called Taylor for the garage code. Taylor stayed on the phone with them while they entered the home.

Upon entering the home, they noticed Travis' wallet and keys on the counter and a foul smell, but assumed Naps had had an accident. They heard music coming from Zach's room so they asked him if he had seen Travis. Zach told them that Travis was in Mexico to which Mimi said that no he wasn't. They checked Travis' bedroom doors which they found locked.

Zach returned with the key and unlocked the door. The group was met with a horrendously foul odor and Zach saw blood on the carpet. Zach yelled for the girls to stay back and he went in with maybe Dallin. Zach proceeded to the bathroom where he discovered Travis dead in the shower. He ran out of the room in horror and told the group that Travis was dead.

Mimi called 911 and told the operator of their discovery of Travis dead in the shower. The 911 operator asked if anyone had threatened Travis recently and Mimi told her that Travis had had his tires slashed and told her the name of CMJA.

Just posted this in the Book thread- thought everyone here could use a good :floorlaugh:

Here's a coo-coo for you: :crazy:

The Defense Attorney (Kirk Nurmi)
My Take On L. Kirk Nurmi’s Book …

"Before I begin this blog, there is one thing I want to make clear: I do not know Jodi Arias, I’ve never met her, I’ve never written to her. I simply want to set the record straight.

I only know from what I have found out, that Jodi wasn’t at the scene when Travis Alexander was murdered, and she didn’t kill anyone, most certainly she did not murder Travis Alexander. She has been the victim of a false prosecution and she should not be in prison..." :silly:

https://trialbypictures.wordpress.com/category/the-defense-attorney-kirk-nurmi/

And yet another by her:

The Presumption of Guilt

"As clearly stated in L. Kirk Nurmi’s book, there was absolutely NO presumption of innocence for Jodi Ann Arias, it never existed. He somehow ‘KNEW’ for a fact that Jodi was guilty and from start to finish and beyond. That was and is his position...

There was a far better way to handle Jodi Arias’ case appropriately. Using this approach might even have resulted in a verdict of not guilty, or better yet, for the case to be thrown out of Court for cause...."

https://trialbypictures.wordpress.com/2015/11/28/the-presumption-of-guilt/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued:

Taylor arrived just as the police arrived at Travis' house. He pulled his computer from the car and pulled up a MySpace page and showed the cops a picture of CMJA and told them she was who they needed to look for. Brint Hiatt was the person who Dave Hall had called to check on Travis and after he arrived and was briefed on Travis, he called Dave Hall back.

Dave Hall called the Hughes in Cancun and Sky answered. He asked to speak to Chris and Sky told him that he was asleep. Dave told her to wake him up so she handed the phone to Chris. Dave told Chris that Travis was dead and Chris said No, no, no and started to cry. Sky then knew that Travis was dead.

At that very moment, while Chris was still on the phone, Sky heard Travis' voice behind her, as clear as day, and he said "Take care of Deanna".

Sky didn't remember crying as she was just numb. After Chris got off the phone, he said CMJA killed Travis. He knew she did. So did Sky.

The next day, as word spread amongst the PPL group in Cancun, there was a solemness and people were wondering how this could have happened. That was the day Travis and Mimi were supposed to have arrived. The Hughes contacted Detective Flores several times and implored him "passionately" to look at CMJA for Travis' murder. Over the next day they would piece together a story that would implicate CMJA further as all they had to go on was her intrusive, obsessive, stalking behavior.

A PPL associate told the Hughes that CMJA had just been in Utah and saw Ryan Burns. Sky called Ryan herself and heard a "fantastically ridiculous" story about CMJA being 40 hours late to arrive in Utah because she got lost... They called Flores with this information as they were convinced that CMJA Murdered Travis. They let everyone there at the PPL trip their opinion that CMJA had killed Travis.

They asked Flores if anyone had contacted Travis' family and he did not any contact info, so the Hughes gave him Mike And Sheree Chapman's phone number. Mike was one of Travis' best friends and Sheree had grown up with Travis and knew his family. Sheree's dad Les knew the Alexander family well and had been their former bishop. He was given Det. Flores' number so he could call before going over to their home.

The most difficult call the Hughes had to make was to Deanna...

Hope he overcomes this yet again.
I'll be praying for him (and you).

Hope he overcomes this yet again.
I'll be praying for him (and you).

I am heading up there now. My daughter is there and too distraught to handle the situation and I don't feel well. I am hoping this is a quick turn around like the last few times and he makes it. Ugh...

I am heading up there now. My daughter is there and too distraught to handle the situation and I don't feel well. I am hoping this is a quick turn around like the last few times and he makes it. Ugh...

Take care my dear Zuri

I'll be there with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members