SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and...
here's my squirrel for Squirrel Appreciation Day! :D

Have any of you ever seen a baby squirrel?? I haven't...

Have to mention - when coffeejunkie posted about Squirrel Appreciation Day - the two squirrels in my front yard were chasing each around the tree!

Attachments

• Squirrel.png
    Squirrel.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 40
afternoon-001.gif

Link: http://textimages.us/afternoon/afternoon01/afternoon-001.gif
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Husband arrested after wife stabbed to death in shower

"A beloved pediatrician was stabbed to death in the shower of her multimillion-dollar West*chester home Wednesday — and her husband has been busted for the crime, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Dr. Robin Goldman, 58, was attacked at about 10 a.m. in the 5,700-square-foot, $3.4 million home on Lincoln Road in Scarsdale’s exclusive Heathcoate neighborhood.

Jules Reich, 61, called 911, and *arriving cops found his wife’s blood-soaked body.

Reich, who sources said had sustained “defensive wounds,” was taken into custody at the scene, police said..."

http://nypost.com/2016/01/20/cops-question-husband-over-wifes-gruesome-murder/

reich2.jpg

(Robin Goldman ReichPhoto: montefiore.org)

WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lence-Jules-Reich-Kills-Wife-Dr-Robin-Goldman
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitey Bulger Companion To Plead Guilty To Contempt Next Month

"BOSTON (CBS) — Catherine Greig, the long-time girlfriend of former Boston mobster James “Whitey” Bulger, will plead guilty to contempt early next month, the United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts announced Wednesday...

Greig is currently serving eight years in prison for helping Bulger avoid capture during the pair’s 16 years on the run. They were captured in Santa Monica, California in 2011."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/01/...anion-to-plead-guilty-to-contempt-next-month/
--

Court Won't Review Ex-FBI Agent's Murder Conviction

"The Florida Supreme Court will not review the murder conviction of a former FBI agent in a decades-old case linked to imprisoned New England mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger.

The court declined Tuesday to hear appeals of ex-agent John Connolly. He was convicted of second-degree murder in 2008 in the 1982 slaying of World Jai-Alai President John Callahan. Testimony showed Connolly tipped Bulger and his cohorts that Callahan intended to implicate them in another killing.."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/court-review-fbi-agents-murder-conviction-36385709
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L.A. to Pay $24 Million to 2 Men Who Spent Decades In Jail for Murders They Did Not Commit

"Los Angeles will pay more than $24 million to two men who spent decades in prison after they were wrongfully convicted of murder, officials said.

Kash Delano Register won his freedom in 2013 after lawyers and students from Loyola Law School doubted a key prosecution witness’s testimony.

He was awarded $16.7 million by the Los Angeles City Council on Tuesday. It is the largest settlement in an individual civil rights case in the city’s history, according to reports.

Bruce Lisker, who was released from prison in 2009 after a Los Angeles Times investigation into his conviction, will walk away with $7.6 million.

Though their cases were unrelated, both men maintained that detectives ignored evidence that proved their innocence..."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...il-for-murders-they-did-not-commit/ar-BBotWYT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

squirrel%2Band%2Bsnowwoman.jpg

Link: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-d_-m8jFVK.../d0sIHqcI8m0/s1600/squirrel+and+snowwoman.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

love this pic. Adorable!

Here's the latest for my area (and please note, Zuri is in pretty much the same boat):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...now-forecast-for-d-c-area/?tid=pm_local_pop_b

• Winds may gust to 40 mph on Saturday, causing whiteout conditions and some blowing and drifting snow. Strong winds east of the District toward the bay.

• 5 p.m. Saturday to 1 a.m Sunday: Snow and blowing snow, gradually decreasing. Temps: 23-28. Storm total accumulation: about two feet.

• Could this storm underperform? Yes, but unlikely. The signal for a historic storm emerged days ago, and models have not wavered in their forecasts for extreme snow amounts.

Actually, I'm glad that most people on this thread aren't from areas used to such weather (except perhaps YorN and Suzsa). It is embarrassing how ill-equipped we are to deal with these storms. BUT, when you take into consideration that we have some of the worst traffic congestion in the country (by some accounts, it's the #1 worst), maybe that makes it easier to understand how crippling these weather events are here.

I did get to the store today. Bought the LAST 1/2 gallon of milk they had, but found pretty much everything else I need to hunker down for the next several days.

And, again, I'm thanking the heavens for the "Snow Angels." They called today and said they won't even start trying to dig people out until Sunday afternoon. I will greet them with homemade brownies and hot chocolate, and maybe even some tears of gratitude...

:)

GigiG, I have waited all day for your weather update. Glad you are ready. I do hope they are smart enough to not expect you to drive into work during this mess!

(Do you own a snow shovel? Gonna be a lot of hard work to clear sidewalks or parking areas. sigh.... I don't envy you at all) Oh, hooray! You have Snow Angels to help! I am very glad you will have their assistance. Good luck and keep us posted. (I would need 2 gallons of chocolate milk to get by. 1/2 gallon just would not do :blushing: )

Whatever accommodations we can get, I don't want a balcony. Scaredy cat, I am.

Spellbound, I'm sure you get some pretty bad weather where you are, too. Sorry I didn't include you w/YorN and Suzsa!

GigiG, I have waited all day for your weather update. Glad you are ready. I do hope they are smart enough to not expect you to drive into work during this mess!

(Do you own a snow shovel? Gonna be a lot of hard work to clear sidewalks or parking areas. sigh.... I don't envy you at all) Oh, hooray! You have Snow Angels to help! I am very glad you will have their assistance. Good luck and keep us posted. (I would need 2 gallons of chocolate milk to get by. 1/2 gallon just would not do :blushing: )

Whatever accommodations we can get, I don't want a balcony. Scaredy cat, I am.

BBM

Thankfully, my employer has (just this week) set me up to work from home. Hooray! When I saw how seamlessly it works, I told the guy (under my breath) "Wow, why should I ever have to go downtown?".

But it is quite a relief, I'll tell ya!

I would watch the weather channel daily if they hired this guy! LOL.

[video=youtube;JYdmJDQKYcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYdmJDQKYcw[/video]

LOL @ People in Maryland!!! Be safe.

YoN ~ I need that ghost to come to my house and clean and organize as well! I too was confused when Hatfield was talking about his SIL and calling her a HIM. :lol: Son-in-law didn't dawn on me...right over my head.

Gigi and Zuri Your weather forecast is downright scary. STAY WARM AND SAFE.
Thank goodness you got your groceries Gigi. I need groceries , but I'll survive with what I have. We are getting hit in Kentucky too. Not the amounts you girls are getting but 4-8 inches and possibly 12 inches...depends on something or other? Can't remember what exactly, other than if that "line' extends/moves a little more to the north.

coffeej I think you are missing it? Not sure exactly where you live in Indiana, but it looked clear from our news cast and map.

Spellbound I'll pass on 2 birthdays this year :wink:

This dog we recused "Chase" has a lot of issues. Oh boy... I think I will need Xanax, or better yet HE needs it. He has not brought me any joy
I'll leave it at that for now :bang:

Sending healing prayers to our NORE and our sweet NINER'S Husband and Sister.

I just saw on Nancy Grace that little 2 year old little boy Noah's body has been found
in Tennessee. Absolutely heartbreaking :cry:

Spellbound, I'm sure you get some pretty bad weather where you are, too. Sorry I didn't include you w/YorN and Suzsa!

I don't know what is going on this year, but we have a bare layer of snow on the ground and only flurries in the near forecasts. I am not complaining!

BBM

Thankfully, my employer has (just this week) set me up to work from home. Hooray! When I saw how seamlessly it works, I told the guy (under my breath) "Wow, why should I ever have to go downtown?".

But it is quite a relief, I'll tell ya!

Wow! I remember when you had to get to work, no excuses allowed. About time they wised up.

YoN ~ I need that ghost to come to my house and clean and organize as well! I too was confused when Hatfield was talking about his SIL and calling her a HIM. :lol: Son-in-law didn't dawn on me...right over my head.

Thank goodness you got your groceries Gigi. I need groceries , but I'll survive with what I have. We are getting hit in Kentucky too. Not the amounts you girls are getting but 4-8 inches and possibly 12 inches...depends on something or other? Can't remember what exactly, other than if that "line' extends/moves a little more to the north.

coffeej I think you are missing it? Not sure exactly where you live in Indiana, but it looked clear from our news cast and map.

This dog we recused "Chase" has a lot of issues. Oh boy... I think I will need Xanax, or better yet HE needs it. He has not brought me any joy

I can use that ghost cleaner, too. Does he/she make house calls?

8-12 inches of show is still a LOT, Dmacky. Be careful.

Doggoneit, Dmacky ...... I was getting in some early practice for your birthday.

Poor Chase ..... and poor Dmacky. I hope he starts learning proper house behaviors soon. I know he is not a puppy, but maybe you have to start all over with step one. "Sit!" "Stay" "Lay down" and "Outside!"
Have patience ..... or ?.... lots of Xanax? Actually, maybe Chase does need a chill-pill. :chillpill: Good luck.

I just saw on Nancy Grace that little 2 year old little boy Noah's body has been found
in Tennessee. Absolutely heartbreaking :cry:

Oh dear :anguish:

(Just turned on NG)

I was so hopping he would be found alive, the poor baby.
I don't understand how the Grandmother didn't notice he was gone (although I do understand how you can just turn away for a moment and a child is gone sometimes)
But how long did did Grandma not notice him????

635885764362945369-Noah.JPG

Link: http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/906...TNGroup/JacksonTN/635885764362945369-Noah.JPG

RIP little boy :candle:

:tears:

Hilarious Memes Emerge After Inch of Snow Paralyzes DC Area

"Hilarious memes are emerging on social media after Washington, D.C., was paralyzed by an inch of snow Wednesday night.

You read that right: An inch of snow.

The snow caused slick conditions on roads. Over 125 accidents were reported, according to police, and hundreds of drivers trapped in traffic complained of nine-hour long standstills.

"One inch of snow did this. One. Inch. Of. Snow," one Twitter user wrote of what some have jokingly dubbed as "Snowmadeggon" and "Carmageddon."..."

Erik F @mynamesnotrik
In today's news: "one inch of snow causes pandemonium, utter destruction and the collapse of society in the Washington, DC region"
10:19 AM - 21 Jan 2016

Oliver Darcy ✔ @oliverdarcy
DC’s traffic problems (caused by 1 inch of snow) now making national news.
9:40 PM - 20 Jan 2016

Avik Roy ✔ @Avik
Half an inch of snow and DC acts like there's been a nuclear war. What is wrong with you people?
11:46 PM - 20 Jan 2016

Nationals 101 @Nationals101
The only thing that shuts down DC quicker than Congress is an inch of snow.
8:21 PM - 20 Jan 2016

Emily Cahn @CahnEmily
There's barely an inch of snow on the ground and things are devolving in DC. Drivers are honking and throwing f bombs at each other on my st
7:30 PM - 20 Jan 2016 · Washington, DC, United States..."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hilarious-memes-emerge-snow-paralyzes-dc-area/story?id=36421982

[video=youtube;63S8C-C9eTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63S8C-C9eTw[/video]

:snowball::snowball::snowball::snowball::snowball: :snowball:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

But really- whoever is suppose to get lots of snow- be careful please and stay safe. :blowkiss:

gossip-time-squirrel.jpg

Link: https://tpzoo.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/gossip-time-squirrel.jpg?w=210&h=137
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East Coast braces for major winter storm, but will the snowpocalypse actually come? :thinking:

"The East Coast could be in for its first major winter storm of the season, with forecasters predicting a weekend of heavy snow, high winds and coastal flooding from Virginia to Maine.

Winter storm watches have been posted in parts of the mid-Atlantic as officials in Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York and Boston are bracing for blizzardlike conditions along the I-95 corridor beginning as early as Friday. A blizzard watch has already been issued for the D.C. metro area.

Up to 50 million people could be affected by the storm, which already has a name: Jonas...

"There remains considerable uncertainty regarding snow amounts on the northern edge of Jonas' snow shield from Pennsylvania to southern New England," Weather.com noted...

"Colossal storm to unload a foot of snow from D.C. to Philadelphia, NYC," AccuWeather.com declared...

http://news.yahoo.com/winter-storm-jonas-northeast-dc-nyc-boston-152847468.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghosts again:

Perfectly Preserved Historic Mansion, With Cleaning Ghosts, Asks $525K

"The 10,000-square-foot Fay mansion hasn’t been for sale in more than a century. Now it’s asking just $525,000.

Apparently, the historic property, which used to be a social club, even comes with ghosts in the attic – and these aren’t just any ghosts; these are cleaning ghosts.

Leslie Piermarini, the former bar manager with the social club, offers this as proof of the legend: There are no cobwebs in the attic, as though the former servants are still around cleaning it.

The 1884 mansion, about 50 miles northwest of Boston in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, was built for industrialist Charles Flagg Fay, whose daughter Lucy inherited it. (And Alice, Lucy’s sister, is said to be one of the ghosts.) She donated it in 1910 to become the members-only Fay Club bar and restaurant, which remained in continuous operation until last summer. Under straining costs and waning membership, the club shut down in June, according to the Sentinel & Express..."

https://www.yahoo.com/realestate/perfectly-preserved-historic-mansion-cleaning-220102672.html

tumblr_inline_o17sxpCwVU1tchuoh_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_o17swisZwT1tchuoh_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_o17t0ePSKc1tchuoh_1280.jpg

Maybe I could get those ghosts to do my spring cleaning or help Zuri organize her home???? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I want this house. I will live in the attic!

I want this house. I will live in the attic!

It's gorgeous isn't it. I love all the wood.

Or is it the cleaning ghosts you want??? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I would watch the weather channel daily if they hired this guy! LOL.

[video=youtube;JYdmJDQKYcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYdmJDQKYcw[/video]

hahaha LOL! I love him! For some odd reason, he makes me feel okay about the approaching storm. Hmmm...

:thinking:

Hey everyone! :wave:

My Huz says he hasn't been able to sleep for the last few nights... he's trying to take a nap right now - hope he does! Also last few days, he's been feeling depressed, but feels better today! He says he can't wait for his cancer shot, as it makes him feel better - maybe I should call the doctor's office and see if he can get it before Feb. 17th...

It was pretty good - now I believe OJ's son, Jason, did the killing...

Later!
bye-smiley.gif

Sorry that Scratch hasn't been sleeping well. :therethere: Is it the meds he's on? Of course he is worried and depressed (who wouldn't be).
---------------------------

(snipped)

OJ's son??? Hmmmm :thinking: Never considered that myself. Could be I guess.

I'll do a little research on that.

A Killer in the Family

Was OJ Simpson’s son Jason the true killer of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown? (warning: graphic photos)

"...In recent years, however, some investigators have challenged the widespread belief that Simpson was guilty of the murders and begun to focus on his son Jason.
Jason Simpson, the theory goes, was a deeply troubled and violent young man who did not have an alibi for the night and carried knives on his person.
Could Jason be the murderer of Nicole and Ron?..."

http://theunredacted.com/oj-simpson-a-killer-in-the-family/

OJ Simpson: was he innocent all along?

It's 20 years since the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. Now a private investigator says he can prove OJ was NOT the killer
"...Despite always protesting his innocence, Simpson's acquittal - amid claims of racism, tampered evidence and a bungled investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department - was regarded by most as one of the worst miscarriages of justice of all time. OJ was finally jailed in 2008 for robbery and kidnap offences and is currently serving 33 years in a Nevada jail. Yet the general view is that, back in 1994, he quite literally got away with murder.

Bill Dear, however, disagrees. "The LAPD had nothing but tunnel vision. They felt O J did it, they got him and they lost. The Press did a good job. It was just like a soap opera - that thing played out all day long for months and there were cameras all over the world. In fact, I at first believed he was guilty."...

Convinced of Simpson's innocence, Dear set out to identify and punish the real killer. The investigation has spanned a documentary and a book, OJ is Innocent and I Can Prove It, with Dear's collection of "evidence" comprehensive enough to make even those absolutely assured of Simpson's guilt re-evaluate..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/10892053/OJ-Simpson-was-he-innocent-all-along.html

The O.J. Simpson Saga Began 20 Years Ago Today — Here's Why His Son Should Be A Suspect (warning: some bloody pics)

"In an exhaustive book, "O.J. Is Innocent And I Can Prove It," private investigator William C. Dear details his 18-year investigation of the June 12, 1994, murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.

Dear concludes that O.J. didn't kill his ex-wife and her friend — but he did visit the scene of the crime shortly after it occurred — and that evidence suggests his son Jason (who was 24 at the time) did it in a rage killing..."

http://www.businessinsider.com/oj-simpson-murders-and-jason-simpson-2014-6?op=1

'O.J. Is Innocent And I Can Prove It': In New Book, P.I. William Dear Claims O.J. Simpson's Son Was The Killer

"..."Everything we have in the book is documented. It is not theory or hypothesis. It is fact," renowned private investigator William C. Dear told The Huffington Post about his book, "O.J. Is Innocent and I Can Prove It."..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/02/oj-simpson-book-jason-simpson-william-dear_n_1397583.html

BILL DEAR IS FULL OF IT AND I CAN PROVE IT

"Back in 2001, a private eye with a history of inserting himself into high-profile cases put out a self-published book with the really strange title of O.J. Is Guilty But Not of Murder. I read the book, interviewed the author, spent some time observing his methods, and then, in a 7,000-word story, tore him a new ******* over his reprehensible way of gathering information to make pure fantasy sound plausible.

Few people took note of either his lame book or my takedown.

But now it's 2012, and Bill Dear has repackaged the same horse**** he was peddling eleven years ago....

n 2001 I was a staff writer at New Times Los Angeles, a newspaper that no longer exists, and whose archives are no longer online. That no doubt benefited Dear, since today's journalists jumping on his story were unaware that he had already tried to sell this bogus story eleven years ago.

In my story, I actually praised the man for how well he had spun his tale, and showed some respect for his outsized character. But then I showed, step by step, how his theory is the worst kind of snow job that foregrounds coincidental information while ignoring or hiding the only evidence that really matters..."

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/bill-dear-is-full-of-it-and-i-can-prove-it-6684433

OJ Simpson Murders Anniversary: Top 5 Conspiracy Theories

"June 12, 2014 is the 20-year anniversary of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, whose deaths are largely attributed to O.J. Simpson despite his court acquittal. Here are the top 5 conspiracy theories around the murders, some you may not have ever heard about...."

http://heavy.com/social/2014/06/oj-simpson-murder-cover-up-facts-aryan-cult-video/

I don't know :sheesh:

cb2d4d0e-b9d4-4dfe-8405-8cafdfde082c.gif

Link: http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/2b786ec...ef4c/cb2d4d0e-b9d4-4dfe-8405-8cafdfde082c.gif

Dmacky, sometimes getting a rescue dog that has been in the "system" for some time leaves them permanently scarred. The Manchester Terrier that my daughter rescued, Bella, is now on Amitriptylline and we will probably add the Prozac. She has huge separation anxiety when I leave and I come back to torn or shredded something. These are just the minor issues now. It has taken 2 years to really see some progress.

A friend of mine rescued a Cocker Spaniel that a young man had to leave behind as he was going to Iraq. The dog never adjusted, was food aggressive, bit her and caused her to fall and break her foot. She had to call the Rescue back to take the dog, after trying everything she could.

Sometimes, despite our best efforts, things aren't meant to be.... Xoxo

The blizzard is to start Friday night and end Sunday morning. The newest forecast is 12-18" which is not that bad. All of our cars are 4WD so if I have to go to the Four Seasons or Ritz Carleton due to no power, we should be good. Do they take large German Shepherds? Hope so cuz they comin' too.

I don't know how close those hotels are to me, but hopefully out of the snow, with a generator backup. If not, Motel 6 is just fine.

I logged on tonight to post a funny YTube and I'm really upset about that baby, Noah, being found dead. :(

But here's the video:

First Banned Films Ever (Including First 'Adult Movie' ever)

(It's not what you think :facepalm: )

[video=youtube;H5FseOe46EI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5FseOe46EI[/video]

I hope this one doesn't upset you Zuri :therethere:

:blowkiss:

The First Motion Picture -The Horse in Motion 1878)(First Movie Ever Made)

[video=youtube;I80EaD_8G8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I80EaD_8G8w[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member