SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?

I got married at 40 years old. My husband was also 40. First marriage for BOTH of us. I guess people thought of me/us as "odd" because we had a hard time finding a "wife/husband" at that age, huh?

It is not "odd". Over time people have been getting married at older ages. Back in 1961 my mother got married at 19 and had me at 20. Doesn't happen much anymore does it?

Imagine all the "odd" 30+ year olds walking around today! Can't find a "wife", can't find a "husband"....

I was 44 and so was husband. 57 now, yes it was the first for both also. I did have a child at 28 but raised her on my own. My daughter now is 28 (shh) and her boyfriend is 30, neither have been married and both have professional jobs and both have their own home, just like Travis.

Omg every time I have to sleep for 8 hours something new happens! I just watched a short clip with juror 6! Bless her. She thinks JA is very manipulative. And, as a bonus, voted for the DP.

I am following juror 17's tweets and she said the both of them are buddies. She is also friends with Daniel Gibbs. She believes juror 5 is pro prosecution as well. This makes four who are clearly for Travis regardless of their life or death vote.

Of the 12 final jurors 8 voted for the DP. One of them is juror 6. Foreman voted for life ( my educated guess).

I can't wait to hear more!

Seriously?

I got married at 40 years old. My husband was also 40. First marriage for BOTH of us. I guess people thought of me/us as "odd" because we had a hard time finding a "wife/husband" at that age, huh?

It is not "odd". Over time people have been getting married at older ages. Back in 1961 my mother got married at 19 and had me at 20. Doesn't happen much anymore does it?

Imagine all the "odd" 30+ year olds walking around today! Can't find a "wife", can't find a "husband"....

I agree. What does the age at the time of marriage or the age gap between man and woman have anything to do the success of the marriage itself? Nothing.

Omg every time I have to sleep for 8 hours something new happens! I just watched a short clip with juror 6! Bless her. She thinks JA is very manipulative. And, as a bonus, voted for the DP.

I am following juror 17's tweets and she said the both of them are buddies. She is also friends with Daniel Gibbs. She believes juror 5 is pro prosecution as well. This makes four who are clearly for Travis regardless of their life or death vote.

Of the 12 final jurors 8 voted for the DP. One of them is juror 6. Foreman voted for life ( my educated guess).

I can't wait to hear more!

Good morning!

I too just watched juror #6. And was not surprised to see she found Arias manipulative. Glad to see that wasn't lost on her, and I am sure, other jurors.

I also just saw on the Facebook page The State vs Arias that juror 17 was going to answer questions. However there were over 1,000 comments. so will be checking that page to see what she answers.

And I can't wait to hear more either.

There is something strange there that we don't know. What my question is, is that if all the jurors thought that the judge would decide (LWP or LWOP) if they couldn't be unanimous, then why didn't they all just vote life? There is something there that we don't know. I thought maybe the Foreman was being deceiptful, but then Juror 6 apparently said all the jurors got along really well and are a team, and she apparently didn't say anything negative about Foreman.

To me, there is something very fishy about the fact that 2 hours in or so into deliberations, they asked the judge what form to use if they couldn't come to a unanimous agreement. Then the Foreman through the media has said that in the end "they" didn't think it was a fair burden to put on them deciding life/death b/c they are not legal minds or versed in the law.

Could it be that they had already discussed this scenario in earlier deliberations? For example, perhaps the earlier deliberations were very tiring and wore them out (which Foreman admitted), and he also said they had heated discusssions. Could it be that they somehow had made an agreement that during the life/death phase, they were going to defer the decision to the judge? I am trying to understand....I hope someone interviews a juror about exactly what happened during those deliberations....

Your scenario makes the most sense to me after hearing from juror "Nancy". When it came time to decide life or death, the jurors already knew exactly where everyone stood, or at least imo knew Mr. Foreman, and probably one or two more for varying reasons, would never vote for death since everything had been thoroughly hashed out in previous phases.

Your scenario makes the most sense to me after hearing from juror "Nancy". When it came time to decide life or death, the jurors already knew exactly where everyone stood, or at least imo knew Mr. Foreman, and probably one or two more for varying reasons, would never vote for death since everything had been thoroughly hashed out in previous phases.

I think Mr Foreman had an agenda all along. There is no way that the jurors who wanted the DP would agree to anything less especially since they were in the majority. I think the foreman said something like "Okay. I think we should hear each and everyone out. Please express yourselves. But we won't try to change others' opinions. A discourse is different from deliberations. He purposely wanted only a conversation. He wanted life and figured there were two ways to get it. One is if all the jurors agreed to it. Clearly that wasn't going to happen. 8 jurors wanted death. He figured a hung jury would mean the Judge would decide life with or without parole. Easy peasy.

A sincere and honest foreman would have spent days and days trying to get an honest verdict. We know why this one did not. Shame really. I read something about him on the facebook page but I cannot find the comment anymore. Revealing to say the least....

:seeya: Good Morning Y'All !

I just watched the interview of Juror #6 on AZ Central ...

I am so glad she came forward and spoke out ...

:drumroll: I am so glad she did NOT buy into JA's b ... s ...

And I bet jury foreman was not a "happy camper" that she spoke out ... :floorlaugh: ... ah, too bad foreman, too bad ... :boohoo: :boohoo:

:seeya: Have a nice holiday weekend everyone !

Can I just ask .. how is it that the jury did not know that if they could not come to a decision that it would be a mistrial and not got to the judge to decide .. that to me sounds like the people who were with the jury as advisors messed up here .. how can that happen?

I was wondering that too.

But I don't think it was in jury instructions when going into penalty deliberations and I am not sure they should have been instructed on anything that would happen if they could not come to a unanimous decision.

If they were told 'well, if you can't decide, the judge will..." then why even struggle to deliberate on a sentence. Why even take the time. Are jury advisors even suppose to answer a question like that?

And I was also taken aback by that juror's comment and here's another "version of it:

"It was a brutal no-win situation. ... I think that's kind of unfair," the 69-year-old added. "We're not lawyers. We can't interpret the law. We're mere mortals. And I will tell you I've never felt more mere as a mortal than I felt for the last five months."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-arias-foreman-unfair_n_3335714.html?ir=Crime

If that is what he/they thought...he/they should have disclosed their juror questionnaire that they shouldn't be tasked with making those decisions. isn't that what our jury system is all about???

God Morning all.

Another dreary rainy day in New England. I think it has been raining since Wednesday!
I need to cut the lawn!
I have not seen any of the jurors nor do I think I want to. It's over and we have to start from the beginning. From what I read on here I think I have the picture of how it all went down. All I can hope for is the next time they get it right.

b4 and during the trial she was in a pod, where she could - but didn't have a room mate - and there are i thik 10 cells in the pod, and they have an open area w/ tv tables chairs and can talk and play cards - now she is in solitaire in the cell 23 hrs a day, w/ 1 hr to walk outside in the yard, but i think she has to do that alone too

Prison: Estrella, Women's Jail, Maricopa County, Phoenix, AZ. - YouTube

this documentary on her jail shows a lot

Ms "T Bag" Bagwell McNaughty, Styx and Daddy has moved on to a bigger residence.

Kelley McNaughton:
http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/results_Minh.aspx?InmateNumber=197605&LastName=MCNAUGHTON&FNMI=K&SearchType=SearchInet

Jessica Styx:
http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/results_Minh.aspx?InmateNumber=254233&LastName=STYX&FNMI=J&SearchType=SearchInet

Melissa "Daddy" Molina:
http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/results_Minh.aspx?InmateNumber=133412&LastName=MOLINA&FNMI=M&SearchType=SearchInet

How long before we see Ms Murderer on this site along with McNaughty?!?
http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/ladies/kelley-11969.html
:facepalm: :lol:

I'm sure this has already been posted ... but for anyone (like me) who hasn't read it (until now) this is superb.

I just hope the Jury Foreman gets to read it and possibly reflect on some of the things he has said in his various interviews ....

http://camillekimball.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/jury-foreman-for-jodi-arias-crime.html#comment-form

Thanks for posting this, Martha - great article. For the most part I've quit watching and reading "all things Arias" & have resumed my life (boy was I ever hooked on this trial!). Anyhow, for those of you on this board, I hope you do the same as Martha & re-post things of interest even tho you think they've already been posted ... for those of us who are no longer reading page-by-page-by-page. Thanks, again, Martha.

Good morning everyone can someone please post quickly the interviews. for us late comers. thank you thank you

Oh I just need look above! Thank you

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Ms "T Bag" Bagwell McNaughty, Styx and Daddy has moved on to a bigger residence.

Kelley McNaughton:
http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate...tName=MCNAUGHTON&FNMI=K&SearchType=SearchInet

Jessica Styx:
http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate...33&LastName=STYX&FNMI=J&SearchType=SearchInet

Melissa "Daddy" Molina:
http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate...&LastName=MOLINA&FNMI=M&SearchType=SearchInet

How long before we see Ms Murderer on this site along with McNaughty?!?
http://www.meet-an-inmate.com/ladies/kelley-11969.html
:facepalm: :lol:

I'll never forget the scenes with Kelley McNaughton and her broken-hearted mom. She grew up in a loving middle class family, graduated from college, and threw it all away for her druggie bf. That's inexplicable and so sad to me.

I think and I have thought from the beginning that the State needs to show the jurors what CKja did prior to June 4th. I really didn't think that was strong enough. I know all along I've been whining about evidence not being allowed in but somehow it must. The jurors didn't have a clear picture of what she was like and how this has been building in her for many years. The Why was not not answered. This statement "I saw two Jodis; before June 4, 2008 and Jodi after June 4, 2008." tells it all. I don't know how this could be done because it seems that anything that would is too inflammatory. Inflammatory it should be because it proves she is not normal.

Also, it must be clearly explained what the difference between a personality disorder and mental illness is. A lay person does not know. The little mentally ill girl needs to be put to bed at the beginning and not at the end.

Male News anchor: An exclusive interview now with the person very close to Jodi, her best friend.

Female News anchor: We sat down with Donavan Bering, who was with Jodi Arias' mother, when the hung jury was announced.

Donavan: The minute it said we have a verdict, I was just stunned, I thought oh my goodness. So I called Sandy, and Sandy was beside herself. She had.. would never abandon her daughter.

Looks like Donavan wasn't exactly "with" the mom either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand