SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for telling me I can't dislike someone after watching them almost daily for five months. From what I have seen of him I know that I would not like to have a real-time anything with that man. You have your opinion and I have mine.

That's not the case. You have misunderstood the post. This isn't a matter of opinion.

It wasn't to negate an opinion, which logically cannot be done in the first place. Your opinion is valid to you. You can dislike a person's style. Your direct quote was "I can't stand HIM." That is logically impossible if you have never met. You can say, "Based on what I've seen, I do not wish to meet." That is valid as well.

To say that you cannot stand a person based on what you have seen from behind a tv screen isn't valid. Their courtroom demeanor, yes. The man himself, no. They are not one in the same.

Last week, one evening, I was thinking of JM and his wonderful ways. Decided to make a nice cup of tea (whole milk and sugar please) to drink while I watched him in action. Put on some hot water. Instead of putting tea leaves in it I, for some inexplicable reason, put chilli powder instead. Ooops. :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Not "inexplicable" at all. Juan reminds me of a jalapeño!

I am not attacking Juan and I am a poster on WS. Just his style can be perceived as harsh by some. I remember once KCL said that Juan is a little man, and what he appears like on the idiot box is not the same as the courtroom.

He did a great job with the gas cans, and gas receipts. :rocker: He proved premediation. Doesn't mean we have to like his style of delivery.

Ya...what's with all the attacks on Juantastic?

Yes!! Me too!! But if not I would quote what I read previously ... if I were killed I would rather my murderer go free then to have my family go through what Jodi has put the Alexander family through.

WagaraTapaTalk

I am sure it depends on the make up of each family, but it would "destroy" some of my family members if they never knew who murdered me or they knew and that person was free on the streets.
I'm not downplaying what the Alexanders have been through - HORRIFIC! - just saying that if I am dead, I have no doubt certain family members would hound the PD and DA until the perp was caught and prosecuted! They would have extra squads out night and day just to get these crazy people off their backs. LOL.

I hope its not red! :floorlaugh:

Hey Bobloblaw, are you ready? 12:01 am!

rs_560x301-130410152818-1024.adposter.cm.41013.jpg

The thing many people forget or don't realize is that Juan is not there for entertainment purposes, it does not matter if you or I like him. He is there to get a conviction and Justice for the victim. He has a stellar record. Doesn't matter what Josephine Public thinks.

In a court of law ... It does matter what Joe and Josephine Jury think.

See ya'll later!

:rocker: Well put AZ.

It's an opinion on his professional style! Not a personal attack ...So if I say Brad Pitt's last 5 movies suck donkey dung ... is that personal attack? No, it's not. If I say his wife is a serial adopter trying to build her own United Nations... Yes, it is personal.

Good post. The idea that a man could be sexually manipulated into doing something he didn't want to do seemed alien to the Foreman. He wasn't receptive to the fact that TA could have been forced at gunpoint to do whatever she wanted.

We don't know what happened. We only have her watered down version.

And she probably had that wild a$$ look in her eyes and he could have thought, "Maybe if I go along with her, she'll be satisfied and leave."

I wish this Foreman had been more open and able to understand the fact that men can be sexual assault/physical violence victims.

that is exactly what i believe too. i think TA was freaked the f out when she showed up like that and did what he had to do to get her out of there. he just didn't make it.

Swear to god, I'm not making it up! It wasn't a big jet. Just slightly bigger than a puddle jumper and it was local iirc. One of the ones where you walk out onto the tarmac to board. So maybe that had something to do with how it could even happen in the first place. But the door literally opened. You could hear it making noise that got louder and louder as we taxied, then as we lifted off and turned slightly it just swung open. I had to laugh because the pilot came on and said something like "sorry folks, looks like we left the back door open. Gonna have to turn around and take care of that." It was just so unbelievable that something like that could actually happen on a commercial flight. :scared: And yes, we were very low to the ground, obviously, and no one was hurt.

You know what they say....If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!

Was the judge lacking in her instructions to all the jurors?

The judge read them the instructions and they were given a copy on paper to refer to in the jury room so it's likely a few lacked both reading and listening comprehension skills.

ITA~ WS is not a "majority rules on all opnions" is it? Different strokes for different folks. and BTW~ JW made me cringe everytime she opened her mouth, Nurmi made me fall asleep.

Yes, I've seen you post that before, I think. Like I said, I understand that my pov is contrary to what most people here believe. But it is definitely what a lot of people who are not here think. Including a lot of the locals. I'm not lying when I tell you that I don't know one single person in my personal or professional life that has said that they like Juan's style and many have said (totally independent from any comment by me) that he has done his case more harm then good considering the mountain of evidence against her. If they're thinking that, and I'm thinking that, and people's moms are thinking that, and the foreman of the jury apparently thought that, then maybe it's worth considering that there might be something to it, imo.

For God's sake, there is nothing to prove she raped him.

Why is it so difficult to believe Travis slept with her that day? I know we wished Travis would have completely cut off contact with her on May 26. But he didn't. He was extremely pissed at her but he didn't think she would kill him.

They had sex that day, we've seen those pictures.
No, they weren't staged. IMO the crime is even more brutal because they had sex that day and Travis would have never have expected that day's outcome.

BBM

I never saw ANY pictures of them engaged in a sexual act. I don't know how the murderer got him to lay still long enough to "pose" for the naked pic of him. But IMHO He DID NOT have sex with her. Those pictures were just another manipulation by her. The pics show them naked, NOT having sex.

The part I do not believe about the middle of the night arrival of CMja is that Travis let her into his bed so soon after she got there.

His text made it plain he no longer trusted her. Why would he let her sleep in his bed and they didn't even have sex right away?

Yes, maybe she still had her manipulative power over him, but it's really hard to believe.

She had to worry the whole time she was there that he might mention to someone else that she was there via phone or text. Put nothing past her is what I say. She orchestrated every detail to fit her story.

I, to this day, do not believe things went down the way it was told by CMja.

Agreed. :goodpost:

The judge read them the instructions and they were given a copy on paper to refer to in the jury room so it's likely a few lacked both reading and listening comprehension skills.

I would think they all had access to the instructions so why would the foreman be singled out?

Last week while doing laundry, after the clothes were dry, I opened the dryer to find I had put the entire box of dryer sheets in there ... and the single sheet was where the box is usually kept. It was indeed the softest load I've ever dried!
OMG. These stories are hilarious! I do things like that all the time and I have been worried I have early onset dementia. This is reassuring.

I am not attacking Juan and I am a poster on WS. Just his style can be perceived as harsh by some. I remember once KCL said that Juan is a little man, and what he appears like on the idiot box is not the same as the courtroom.

He did a great job with the gas cans, and gas receipts. :rocker: He proved premediation. Doesn't mean we have to like his style of delivery.

I had a divorce lawyer just like Juan (short but blonde) and he was a pitbull in court. I had to take the stand and I didn't feel the least bit uncomfy because I DIDN'T LIE. Needless to say, my lawyer did a fantastic job - I walked away very happy :) My lawyer scared the bejeebers out of my ex because HE LIED a lot. And that's my point, tell the truth and the prosecutor doesn't tear into you.

I have a niece and her hubby who are both lawyers (living in Nevada). One is a criminal lawyer and thought Juan did an excellent job. It's all a matter of taste.

Call me irresponsible or logically impossible if that floats your boat. But I can't stand him. What I wonder is why it bothers you so much for my opinion to differ from yours. I could care less what you think about him.

I have no opinion about it at all. Whether you like or do not like JM's style is irrelevant to me. Not sure where in the course of correcting a statement it came across as personal investment in your acrimonious feelings about the prosecutor, but that was unintended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire