SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared: One of the female jurors just told Anderson Cooper that they could not reach a unanimous verdict due to the instructions they were given. (this juror voted for Death, by the way)

This sounds a bit like those 3 jurors who said They followed the law.

Sounds like more splainin needs to be done?

Or what????

And somehow they need to shorten up the instructions. I realize it's complicated, but sometimes less is more. They need to figure out a way to explain what the law is, but in a simpler, shorter way.

Just saw the juror 16 on Anderson Cooper. What a lovely, articulate, intelligent woman. I was very interested in what she had to say. She definitely 'got it.'

And I have to disagree with JC...she doesn't at all look like CMJA's mother. Similar hair style...that's it.

Agree :)

These are some songs that make me long for Halloween to roll around...:Banane18: (We have a disturbing lack of "Halloween" smilies here, wish I knew how to make them I would gladly supply a hundred or so. All I could find was this banana in disguise!)

This one has an Anne Rice vibe. Vampires, New Orleans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryz6_28efVs&feature=fvwrel

This one always makes me feel spooked, it used to be the theme song on that show "Fear". When I went to visit Waverly Hills Sanitorium (Haunted spot in Kentucky) I play this song over and over on the way there to get myself psyched up!-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSUQxGjZZ4

:floorlaugh: I think my older (taller) brothers have permanent dents in their foreheads from those darn macramé plant hangers :floorlaugh:
I remember when my aunt taught me to make them! I thought I was so so cool. :rockon:

And somehow they need to shorten up the instructions. I realize it's complicated, but sometimes less is more. They need to figure out a way to explain what the law is, but in a simpler, shorter way.

Jury instructions can be very complicated. In the last case I was on, we reread the instructions numerous times out loud to the group over and over. In one instance, we sent a note to the judge basically saying "this is what we think this means, are we correct" ...just to be safe. And the answer we got back helped us very much. They really should have asked more questions to the judge if they weren't 100% sure.

It does appear as if they (the judge and lawyers) do need to explain them a little better the next time around. I'm sure they will learn from some of this feedback they are getting.

As far as shortening them, I'm pretty sure legally they are what they are, I can't imagine they can shorten them.

If I haven't said it already, I want to say that the Jury Foreman talked out of both sides of his mouth when he proclaimed that the jurors were "mere mortals" and how they were not attorneys and able to say whether or not someone deserved death. Then, he says, "she wasn't like Charlie Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer" (or something to that affect). In other words, IMO, he only feels death row is reserved for those that make multiple killings like Geraldo & Co. thinks. Just my opinion of course.

Here is the AC interview with the juror - If not already there, can someone file this upstairs?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v.../27/ac-jodi-arias-juror-allen-coogan.cnn.html

She voted for death but I don't know her juror number, etc.

Wow! I agree with others...she is so deliberate and thoughtful! Seems like the perfect juror! Her remarks on CMJA's testimony was right on. And I agree about the juror questions...they helped so much! Especially with CMJA...b/c she was acting with Nurmi, acting w/ Juan, but then I think with the juror questions, since she didn't have that much time to practice, a little of the real CMJA came out. The one who didn't care about killing Travis!

Re: "because of the instructions we were given, it didn't turn out the way we thought it would," I think she's saying the same thing Foreman did, which was they thought that the Judge would then decide. So they ddin't expect mistrial, but they thought JSS would make a decision. I am just not getting why the 8 for death would agree to this, because it was made clear that the Judge could only sentence CMJA for LIFE...either LWP or LWOP. Anyway...I'm just glad they "didn't understand" b.c now at least we get another chance for death.

Jury instructions can be very complicated. In the last case I was on, we reread the instructions numerous times out loud to the group over and over. In one instance, we sent a note to the judge basically saying "this is what we think this means, are we correct" ...just to be safe. And the answer we got back helped us very much. They really should have asked more questions to the judge if they weren't 100% sure.

It does appear as if they (the judge and lawyers) do need to explain them a little better the next time around. I'm sure they will learn from some of this feedback they are getting.

As far as shortening them, I'm pretty sure legally they are what they are, I can't imagine they can shorten them.

I wondered in closing why JM wouldn't further explain but I suppose that would be too "prejudicial" ?

If I haven't said it already, I want to say that the Jury Foreman talked out of both sides of his mouth when he proclaimed that the jurors were "mere mortals" and how they were not attorneys and able to say whether or not someone deserved death. Then, he says, "she wasn't like Charlie Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer" (or something to that affect). In other words, IMO, he only feels death row is reserved for those that make multiple killings like Geraldo & Co. thinks. Just my opinion of course.

IMO, this person had an agenda, his stories don't add up to me and he should have told the judge he was a mere mortal unable to be part of a jury..it's ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024