SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the polling of the jurors after the "no verdict" verdict to see if I could hear the strength or weakness that might indicate who voted which way. Has anyone else done this? I have two that are too close to call in their voice... 2 and 4. My guess for life was between 3,4,12,14,18. I think 3 voted life for sure. Anyway, if this is against rules, sorry mods, you can delete.

Rewatching the Jodi first interview she gave way back after the arrest. Wearing the jailhouse stripes and all. Then they showed the official Flores investigation tape with the intruder story.

Listen to the intruder story. It's what Jodi would have seen in the mirror while stabbing him. She completely removed herself from the story by referring to "them", "they", "the girl", etc.

Yes, when she describes what Travis is going through in her ninja story it describes how much he was suffering, and yes, she removes herself from being the brutal killer she knows she is.

Did you catch that part where she mentions a book about our realities. I want to catch that part again. The part about REALITY when Detective Flores says, "Well, this is reality, you're going to be charged with murder."

If I haven't said it already, I want to say that the Jury Foreman talked out of both sides of his mouth when he proclaimed that the jurors were "mere mortals" and how they were not attorneys and able to say whether or not someone deserved death. Then, he says, "she wasn't like Charlie Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer" (or something to that affect). In other words, IMO, he only feels death row is reserved for those that make multiple killings like Geraldo & Co. thinks. Just my opinion of course.

BBM

IMO, Jodi is worse than those 2. Yes I know they both killed or had other people kill. And they both killed many more, and also both were the cause of some truly horrific acts.
But to me both of these men were/are insane. I do not know the diagnoses of these men, but I am pretty sure they both are just mentally damaged beyond belief.
Jodi however, is not. I know she has some kind of mental issue, but I don't think hers could be lumped in with theirs. She may be BPD, Psychopath, Sociapath, whatever.
But she is not the same as Manson or Dahmer to me, SHE IS WORSE.

Just my opinion, I am far from an expert on this subject (eeek I sound like ALV :scared:)

I believe one has to forgive the person who has caused you harm, not for them, but for yourself so you do not have to live with anger. I can't even imagine how the Alexander family can ever forgive Jodi for the incomprehensible pain that she has caused them to endure.[/QUOTE]

bbm

IMO, Juan needs to show the next jury that CMJA will do WHATEVER it takes to makes their lives miserable. That includes: giving media interviews to shove in their faces, putting up twitter account through friend, cooking up new ideas in jail about how to smear Travis' name, dragging their family name through the mud....etc., etc.. Tell the new jury: Does THIS sound like someone who is sorry for the family and what she's done for the family? Does THIS sound like someone who had a "moment of silence" with her mom in jail for the family? NOOOOOOO.....whenever she says she is sorry for what she's done to the family, it's a LIE.

Also, when CMJA tells jury about how she will "contribute" in prison, Juan needs to tell them, no, she is going to continue obsessing about how to hurt this family. She is not going to do anything in prison except cook up stories to hurt them. Tell the jury about her manipulation and her lack of remorse, and her willingness to do everything to smear the family. A person with a personality like hers, whether it's because of BPD or whatever it doesn't matter what it's because of, the point is her personality is not gonna let her stop obsessing. So she is not going to be able to contribute anything. Just like her obsession with guys made her unable to contribute much to society outside of jail. MOO

I think if he shows the jury exactly how far she is willing to go to hurt the family, it will make it easier for the jury to vote for death. Because it's not fair to the family, first they have to deal with losing Travis in such a horrific way, and now for the rest of their lives they have to deal with CMJA in one way or another? that's not fair to them. I think this will make a BIG impact on the jury. It will negate a lot of the defene's mitigating factors.

Can someone please tell me how to post a video from tube ? Thanks

I just copy from the address bar and paste it into the posting window, I'm on a PC with XP/IE 8 so it may be different depending on what you're using.

I believe one has to forgive the person who has caused you harm, not for them, but for yourself so you do not have to live with anger. I can't even imagine how the Alexander family can ever forgive Jodi for the incomprehensible pain that she has caused them to endure.[/QUOTE]

bbm

IMO, Juan needs to show the next jury that CMJA will do WHATEVER it takes to makes their lives miserable. That includes: giving media interviews to shove in their faces, putting up twitter account through friend, cooking up new ideas in jail about how to smear Travis' name, dragging their family name through the mud....etc., etc.. Tell the new jury: Does THIS sound like someone who is sorry for the family and what she's done for the family? Does THIS sound like someone who had a "moment of silence" with her mom in jail for the family? NOOOOOOO.....whenever she says she is sorry for what she's done to the family, it's a LIE.

Also, when CMJA tells jury about how she will "contribute" in prison, Juan needs to tell them, no, she is going to continue obsessing about how to hurt this family. She is not going to do anything in prison except cook up stories to hurt them. Tell the jury about her manipulation and her lack of remorse, and her willingness to do everything to smear the family. A person with a personality like hers, whether it's because of BPD or whatever it doesn't matter what it's because of, the point is her personality is not gonna let her stop obsessing. So she is not going to be able to contribute anything. Just like her obsession with guys made her unable to contribute much to society outside of jail. MOO

I think if he shows the jury exactly how far she is willing to go to hurt the family, it will make it easier for the jury to vote for death. Because it's not fair to the family, first they have to deal with losing Travis in such a horrific way, and now for the rest of their lives they have to deal with CMJA in one way or another? that's not fair to them. I think this will make a BIG impact on the jury. It will negate a lot of the defene's mitigating factors.

Thank you so much - I was hoping someone could tell us what can Juan bring out or talk about in the next phase that maybe he wasn't allowed to before.

If I haven't said it already, I want to say that the Jury Foreman talked out of both sides of his mouth when he proclaimed that the jurors were "mere mortals" and how they were not attorneys and able to say whether or not someone deserved death. Then, he says, "she wasn't like Charlie Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer" (or something to that affect). In other words, IMO, he only feels death row is reserved for those that make multiple killings like Geraldo & Co. thinks. Just my opinion of course.

The exact things you have pointed out are the things that make my blood boil about Mr. Jury Foreman. The other jurors that have spoken out so far have made it clear they were speaking for themselves only. But not him----he claimed the "jurors were mere mortals and could not decide if someone deserved death". Baloney on that---he knows darn well 8 of the jurors were able to decide she deseved death. He should have made it clear he was just speaking for himself because that's what he was in fact doing.
Secondly, he should have been focusing on THIS trial and the penalty phase and not be concerning himself with Charlie Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer. No where in the jury instructions did it say he was suppose to compare this case to others to see what he thought would be a fair punishment.

odd and I was following her .....I think she is to do an interview with Wildabouttrial tomorrow also....maybe Dr. Drew did not want her answering more questions prior to being on his show tomorrow,lol.

Dr. Drew doesn't control twitter accounts - I am guessing that she got overwhelmed - She had to shut down her facebook page because of all the "crazies".....

Yes, when she describes what Travis is going through in her ninja story it describes how much he was suffering, and yes, she removes herself from being the brutal killer she knows she is.

Did you catch that part where she mentions a book about our realities. I want to catch that part again. The part about REALITY when Detective Flores says, "Well, this is reality, you're going to be charged with murder."

One thing she says to DF that really intrigues me is when she is claiming she could never hurt him, why would I hurt him, it's not like he RAPED me....
What was that odd ball comment for?
She always has a reason for what she says, IMO I think she convinced a few guys Travis did that to her and that's how she got a little help.

Originally Posted by katiedid2
Very disturbing more so that he was made foreman!
I'm shocked now that they even were able to give her murde1 on cruelty.
He sounds like he has a serious crush on her and he also sounds like he has some issues of his own going on in his hippocampus.

I agree, he has some serious issues. After seeing and hearing what he did for nearly five months and now to hear the comments he is making is shocking (imho)

It is a wonder that they got to M-1st, katie... I guess he just travels to the beat of a different drum, Garlandy... who knoze?

I'm not saying in any way that this foreman had an agenda -- but I did see one trial where it became obvious from juror comments that the foreman on one jury did, and the result was a mistrial since the jurors deadlocked. It was a strong circumstantial case and somehow the jury could not agree. On trial a 2nd time, the jury did agree on Murder 1st, and they did it in about 5--6 hours.

So at least we are where we are on this one.

I do wonder how much weight the Alexander family's preference for the DP does (or will) have on how this case proceeds from here; I wonder if Juan will consider a plea for LWOP; and I wonder if JA would accept it...

(In NC, if the jury cannot unanimously agree on the DP in the penalty phase, the sentence automatically becomes LWOP -- and there is no chance for parole in a LWOP sentence -- it is for life.)

And I wonder if they are already discussing it -- are they free to do so anytime, or must it wait until June 18 (or whatever the next court day is)... Does anyone know how this is handled in AZ?

The exact things you have pointed out are the things that make my blood boil about Mr. Jury Foreman. The other jurors that have spoken out so far have made it clear they were speaking for themselves only. But not him----he claimed the "jurors were mere mortals and could not decide if someone deserved death". Baloney on that---he knows darn well 8 of the jurors were able to decide she deseved death. He should have made it clear he was just speaking for himself because that's what he was in fact doing.
Secondly, he should have been focusing on THIS trial and the penalty phase and not be concerning himself with Charlie Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer. No where in the jury instructions did it say he was suppose to compare this case to others to see what he thought would be a fair punishment.

I agree - I would also like to know what that Juror Questionnaire looks like and what kinds of questions they are asked and if he answered truthfully. Not saying he didn't, I'm just curious. IMO only.

Smoked brisket and chickens, potato salad, dirty rice, fried green tomatoes
Sweet Tea, Shiner Beer
Dessert is Blue Bell (MoolineumCrunch)

I'm backtrack reading posts....this is from TexMex...how many people does she have for dinner every night??! I will cook like one of those things a night, SEPARATELY....lol!

He should not have been wrestling with the notion that this girl could not do this...
"it doesn't wash" to him that she could do it?
She confessed, is he trying to set her up with story 6? WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper