SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re; Juror 16 on GMA saying some jurors believed verbal abuse, some believed emotional abuse, some believed physical abuse....AGHGHGHGHGHSHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she says "some" as in meaning more than one??????? Omigosh...well I don't think it was Foreman b/c he specifcally stated verbal and emotional abuse. It must have been some of the others who voted life.

So I guess the only requirement for claiming abuse in a criminal trial is just yelling out "ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE" in as many different ways as you can! OMG! I am sooooooo sad. Could they not see that the defense had nothing else to work with?? OF COURSE they would pull out the abuse card - sheesh they are giving CMJA and the defense too much benefit of the doubt in dealing with them honestly.

I think some of the jurors just needed answers as to "WHY" she did it, and they were willing to go out on a limb to get those answers. That is the only justification I can find.
Great post! I have no proof, but I totally believe there is a good chance they used focus groups or something like it. The word ABUSE came up winner winner chicken dinner. It seems to make some people feel "better" about a horrific murder, gosh, well, there had to be a good reason such a cute thing (ugh) had to kill. Ummm..no. :banghead:

We need juries that come with the ability to use critical thinking skills, not firmly held bizarre biases with no basis in fact.

:giggle:

Its a mixture of hard boiled eggs, olives, feta, basil, rigani, red pepper, chives and olive oil all smooshed up together and stuffed into hollowed out hard rolls. Then baked until ooey and gooey on the inside and crusty/ flaky on the outside.....very yummy but take forever to assemble. They freeze great too!!!

Sounds good. Is there a recipe link you can post?

Also, Jodi spent more on this trip than she actually had in her account when you include the $200 check she left with Travis for the car payment.

Re; Juror 16 on GMA saying some jurors believed verbal abuse, some believed emotional abuse, some believed physical abuse....AGHGHGHGHGHSHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she says "some" as in meaning more than one??????? Omigosh...well I don't think it was Foreman b/c he specifcally stated verbal and emotional abuse. It must have been some of the others who voted life.

So I guess the only requirement for claiming abuse in a criminal trial is just yelling out "ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE" in as many different ways as you can! OMG! I am sooooooo sad. Could they not see that the defense had nothing else to work with?? OF COURSE they would pull out the abuse card - sheesh they are giving CMJA and the defense too much benefit of the doubt in dealing with them honestly.

I think some of the jurors just needed answers as to "WHY" she did it, and they were willing to go out on a limb to get those answers. That is the only justification I can find.

imo, Jodi was not physically abused by Travis. And, all the so-called emotional abuse (which is a loose term imo); Jodi brought on herself, because she could of simply walked away.

IMO the death penalty shouldn't be viewed as a punishment. I believe it's a mistake to do so.

The only way I can agree with it is by viewing it like putting a rabid dog to sleep. It should merciful because society recognizes the inability of that person to be rehabilitated and the need to protect society from them. IMO pedophiles, murdering psychopaths would qualify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imo, Jodi was not physically abused by Travis. And, all the so-called emotional abuse (which is a loose term imo); Jodi brought on herself, because she could of simply walked away.

I think Travis was so fed up with he just had to let it out in that text. And I did not think that seemed abusive. I thought it seemed that Travis was in emotional pain and expressing that jodi had been abusive to him! I never for one second believed Travis was physically abusive either.

DB said jodi was normal. Jodi said she had a nervous breakdown at his house and blamed it on Brewer. Brewer said she seemed normal when they had breakfast together. That was a stop on her way to commit a murder. Hes not in a position to know normal. Travis told his ex Linda that jodi has told many lies about Brewer. She was never normal.

That has long been my rant here. And I have seen people here say similar stuff. If the roles were reversed would many say "well I think she verbally abused him but that does not mean he should have taken her life?" Men are always seen as the aggressor and if a woman kils a man its because he deserved it but if a man kills a woman it's the opposite.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

From this website: http://fathersforlife.org/fv/fbi_spousal_murder_stats.htm

Men murdered by girlfriends/wives 3% of 15,848 475 2.4
Women murdered by boyfriends/husband 30% of 2,711 813 4.1

Statistically, more men murder their wives by double, mind you, these stats are from 1996.

The murder of Travis should be an eye opener as to why women kill.

Back in the 1960's women wanted the same rights, jobs, as men. Times have changed and more women in this day and age have taken on the "bread winner" role, therefore, more women will abuse just as men do.

When will the world wake up and realize women (as everything else); are just as capable as men to kill and in a brutal fashion?

The jurors saying they believed the abuse

We have to remember,they did not see all the evidence we did

They may feel different after they had a chance to see all of what we saw

Also,the jurors can believe some or all of the evidence presented to them

Or they can throw it all out and not believe anything

That is a beautiful cat.

Here's my bengal boy:

36731_408649600657_6273733_n.jpg

I stopped watching After Dark due to the constant made up BS some called evidence when it was no such thing.

Who in the world on there is saying Travis had it coming???? That is repulsive and revolting.

Totally agree with you about that silly show.

The entire defense was really premised on "Travis had it coming". Thus, star witness ALV. Revolting, but that's what they did. And it seems to have worked on a couple of jurors.

We obviously have some issues and problems with our justice system. I think it is hard for normal people to be able to comprehend an evil messed up person, we try to apply logic to things..like how a normal person would behave when these people are clearly not normal. Would it be better for a jury of peers to be maybe premeditated killers themselves? I mean they could relate better right? Instead of normal law abiding citizens deciding their fate.

From this website: http://fathersforlife.org/fv/fbi_spousal_murder_stats.htm

Men murdered by girlfriends/wives 3% of 15,848 475 2.4
Women murdered by boyfriends/husband 30% of 2,711 813 4.1

Statistically, more men murder their wives by double, mind you, these stats are from 1996.

The murder of Travis should be an eye opener as to why women kill.

Back in the 1960's women wanted the same rights, jobs, as men. Times have changed and more women in this day and age have taken on the "bread winner" role, therefore, more women will abuse just as men do.

When will the world wake up and realize women (as everything else); are just as capable as men to kill and in a brutal fashion?

What does women becoming breadwinners have to do with them abusing and murdering?

Angela Frost, ITA. I posted this info yesterday, I hope you all don't mind a repost of it, but I really believe there is a need for increased awareness about the women who engage in DV and stalking.

I HIGHLY recommend the following articles on Female Stalkers to understand what Travis was experiencing;

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/02/08...lked-by-women/

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/02/16...ent-behaviors/

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/02/17...for-an-answer/

Not only is this information incredibly accurate, Dr Palmatier, has referenced her sources for further research. THESE FACTS AS THEY RELATE TO JA SHOULD BE PRESENTED IN THE SENTENCING PHASE IMHO

Ya know I'm behind getting the word out on this issue!!!!

Thanks TXProf for sharing links with everyone!:rockon:

We obviously have some issues and problems with our justice system. I think it is hard for normal people to be able to comprehend an evil messed up person, we try to apply logic to things..like how a normal person would behave when these people are clearly not normal. Would it be better for a jury of peers to be maybe premeditated killers themselves? I mean they could relate better right? Instead of normal law abiding citizens deciding their fate.

IMO the fault lies with the education system. Logic, critical thinking skills, common sense and the inability to apply them in a meaningful way appears to be a huge problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 1m

I am back!! Needed to take a little break from the crazy world of twitter! Thank u to all those who have been so supportive!!!

Maybe someone should point out that the lack of bruises on Jodi after the murder pretty much confirms that Jodi was never abused by Travis. We know he was ambulatory because he got to the end of the hallway. If he were an abusive person he would have been punching at her and making some type of contact. No one witnessed any bruises on her. Travis knew how to fight and would have gone for her face to knock her out for sure. All he has are defensive wounds where he put his hands up to protect himself. This is not what an abusive person would do......they would fight back and hit her hard. He never did that. His own injuries show he was not abusive.

Another thing Jodi keeps saying. That she was showing him pictures and they were agreeing and she was deleting photos he did not like all the while with the water running. For someone who was supposedly "freaking out" because the camera dropped less than a foot onto a mat after she has been standing there trying to hold onto a wet camera....would that make sense??? I would think he'd be more concerned about the camera getting wet than it falling onto the mat from a squatting position. Plus would Travis had picked her up and slammed her down with his camera in her hands. We know that even going through the washer the camera had not been damaged. That whole thing sounds made up. And when you put her story up against the amount of time, 62 seconds, it is impossible to have happened within the timeframe of her storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir