SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely nothing cuter than a baby raccoon!

Some night I'll confess about the night I snuck onto someone's property and stole/rescued a baby raccoon:)

Now, now. Meet Pretty Boy Floyd who I suspect is part Maine Coon. He's a gorgeous gentle giant who thinks he's a guard dog. IMHO he's cuter than any baby raccoon, puppy, or other cat. Can you tell I adore him? :floorlaugh:

Attachments

• 310100_10150323216741738_1517534071_n.jpg
    310100_10150323216741738_1517534071_n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 41
Apologies if this isnt the right place for this... or if no one else thinks its a big deal....

I havent logged in for a while from my laptop, be have done so today and the first thing I noticed was that the description of the thread is:

"Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias Jodi Arias is accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend in the face, stabbing him multiple times and slitting his throat from ear to ear. Her attorneys will argue she killed him in self-defense."

I think this should be changed to reflect the fact that she is convicted...no doubt about it now.

Maybe:

"Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias Jodi Arias has been convicted of the1st degree murder of her stalking victim, Travis Alexander. Her attorneys tried to argue she killed him in self-defense... idiots!

Juror 10 would have voted for death
But if Jodi had made a sincere apology to the family she might have reconsidered

I don't want the DT learning that an apology could affect the outcome next go 'round. She can play it to her advantage after all the practice time she will have. Honestly, I believe if I were a juror, it would not affect my DP decision. How about you all?

Jurors who voted against DP...mainly "potential that there was abuse"..verbal and emotional via texts. Also her age and no priors

Number 6 saw no redeeming factors in Jodi's favor

I knew right after JW finished closing where she said something about "not sure if you believe he physically abused her, but you have heard him verbally abusing her" (prob not even close to what she said, but did say something about Travis and verbal abuse) that it would end this way. I actually thought the defense did a pretty crappy job throughout the whole trial, although will say they didn't have a lot to work with, but JW's closing stuck a cord with me, like it was good enough to sway somebody, and looks like it did.

I will say that I am proud of our judicial system and although I wish this jury wasn't "hung" (I would have voted for death in a heartbeat), I am proud of them regardless, THANK YOU JURY!

Why do you think they didn't understand something, though?

They are expressly instructed to follow their individual consciences.

With all due respect I think a lot of the confusion is that many of us are surprised that there are no statutory guidelines for what is a mitigating factor specifically... as there is with the aggravation factors.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last night someone had posted about the incident where Deanna and Jodi came face to face in an UNexpected by both moment in time at Travis' home..I clicked on the link in that post that was to the actual transcript from DD where Deanna told about this strange face to face with Jodi..prior to hearing/seeing/reading Deanna's account of the encounter I had only Jodi's version given while on the stand during the trial.. Of course the difference is that of night to day so much so that it actually took me a moment to even realize that Jodi's version was actually the same incident that Deanna spoke of on DD..It was just that Jodi's version was so grossly distorted that it is actually quite difficult to recognize that they are actually speaking of the same incident that occurred in Travis' home.

I only learned from hearing Deanna's version(AKA better known as the truth) that this strange incident occurred not only well after Travis and Jodi's extremely short actual period of dating..as well as even long after Jodi was and had been moved and living in Mesa..and IMO most shocking to me was in learning that this incident had occurred EVEN AFTER the several extremely volatile incidents of Jodi having slashed all 4 tires on Travis' vehicle TWICE as well as having actually slashed all 4 tires on Lisa Andrews vehicle while it was parked at Travis' house!!... WTF!?!...

I had no clue whatsoever that the actual dynamics were so severe by that particular point in time when literally winding down closer and closer to the date of the murder.. As in of course when hearing Jodi's version(AKA better known as FABRICATED LIES) of her being at Travis' when she says that it was her that was there at his home completely at his behest in wanting/needing her to stay at his house while he was shortly out of town on biz, and had Jodi housesitting/dogsitting while he was away..and that according to Jodi that it was Deanna who showed up over at Travis' without an invite, without his knowledge, and completely unannounce while he was away on business..and that it was of course Deanna who created the uncomfortable situation in somehow overstepping boundaries in Jodi's mind and showing up at the home of the man she was in a serious monogamous relationship with..In Jodi's version she spoke about it as tho Deanna looked like the ridiculously desperate ex who just couldn't let go of Travis.. In Jodi's version not only is Jodi at/in the home with Travis full knowledge, but actually at his full request, and that Deanna's being inappropriate in coming over uninvited and unannounced was even made worse in Deanna's once in Travis' home actually called up Travis on the phone and proceeded to INAPPROPRIATELY and UNWARRANTED literally go off on him for several hours about his girlfriend, Jodi..of course thats all according to Jodi..

I never ever could have dreamed that it was that as-told-by-Jodi story that she detailed at length while on the stand...I would never in a thousand years have dreamed that it was that very incident that Deanna is speaking about in her telling of what happened that day at Travis' house when coming face to face with the "Stepford Wife" Arias.. who she was surprised to find inside of Travis' home, baking and offering cookies, and comfortably seated on his couch while of course snooping through his laptop when Deanna walked in and first saw her.. Surprised most of all due to the fact that the truly, scary, multiple knife-slashing of the car tire incidents HAD ALREADY OCCURRED PRIOR TO THIS CHANCE MEETING when Deanna comes face to face with Stepford Robot Wife Jodi ...To know that Jodi was literally living *contemporaneously* on both EXTREME OPPOSITE ENDS of the spectrum in this time leading up to the murder..well..IMO it truly is telling as to what a downward spiral she was going at such a rapid pace by that particular point in time..<so very scary and so very sad in looking at it now in hindsight>

I'm telling you just when I think I truly know it all, that I have heard every single one of her psychotic episodes, and that every little crazy thing Jodi did, said, thought, or acted on was already known and there for truly nothing could even make me *shake my head* in regards to all things Jodi Arias...but yet I do still come away a little more baffled, a little more revolted, and/or a little more downright disgusted, shocked, and appalled at all things Jodi Arias that I continue to learn, realize, or uncover..

Dear God in Heaven this evil one is truly a piece of work..she has got to be one of the worst creations ever known to mankind and truly has and continues to leave such a massive wake of destruction and sorrow in her trail through this life.. I say good riddance to bad rubbish!.. And the absolute sooner the riddance the better off all of mankind will be for it..

God how I truly have hate in my heart for who and what she is and for what she has done and only continues to do..it won't stop until her existence is no more..IMO its why I'm firmly convinced the penalty of DEATH is truly the only right option for this evil one as consequence for her crimes!

Wow, great catch, Operator! I did not put those two stories together as one in the same. So totally cunning (and not surprising) that she flipped the crazy stalker story on to Deanna. And in her twisted mind, I'm sure she totally believes it too.

I don't want the DT learning that an apology could affect the outcome next go 'round. She can play it to her advantage after all the practice time she will have. Honestly, I believe if I were a juror, it would not affect my DP decision. How about you all?

That was my original thought too, but I can't imagine that JA could remotely fake something that even resembles an sincere apology.

I was just reading about the missing cash and my very first thought was the 9mm! Why? I've been in the market for one and it's VERY difficult to find one under $550. Add tax, a few dollars for ammo (9 mm rounds aren't horribly expensive) and you're over $600.

I make a decent wage, own a home, putting two kids through college without loans and *I* hesitate to spend $600 in one shot unless it's a major appliance or furniture!

Jodi was arrested on the 15th with the handgun in the engine compartment of a rental car. California had (and still has) a 10-day waiting period for gun purchases. It would be interesting to hear what she told the gun salesperson when she purchased it. "Hi, I'd like a gun that reliably shoots and won't jam in high humidity. Can you help me?"

Somewhere, she had said she bought it used and it was $150-160?

I wish they would ask the jurors now speaking about this Jodi-fact.
Do we know the details of the rental car- when, what color, what city did she go to to rent the car?

Oh yikes :( I missed the first part of your story... did she have BPD, or some other type of disorder? I can't imagine going thru that.

I'm sure she did with a few other things added in.....

There is absolutely nothing cuter than a baby raccoon!

Some night I'll confess about the night I snuck onto someone's property and stole/rescued a baby raccoon:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend who had a pet raccoon named Tasha. She would walk on a leash, sit on her shoulder while going down the isles of the drugstore, stealing anything she could grab, always had to search her for hidden merchandise. When she was at home and allowed to roam she would go into the tub and wait for the water to be turned on. sometimes they couldn't find her andf one day the called her. She had run INTO THE TOILET and PULLED THE LID DOWN after herself. She said she was so so so funny!

Thank you! You just confirmed what I said above--that what gets posted someone said and what is the actual truth are sometimes not the same thing. Misunderstandings are common.

Madeleine, this is wrong. It's not a misunderstanding. I just couldn't remember where I read about the deliberation problem, but Questor has:

... Juror 18, foreman Bill Zervakos, explained how, in the end, the trial for Arias ended up with a hung jury when deciding on life in prison or death.

"None of us knew what would happen if we were unable to come up with a verdict," Zervakos admitted.
Zervakos told ABC15 the jury believed Stephens would decide whether to give Arias life in prison or life with chance of release.

According to Zervakos, the jury believed their instructions were ambiguous and they had no idea the judge would declare a mistrial. ...

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...ntencing-phase

It was in the interview with the foreman and my memory is not as good as some here (thank goodness for them) :blushing:. I am correct that they did have problems in the jury room with the instructions and couldn't deliberate correctly. I think if they knew there would be a mistrial, they would have deliberated more AND ask more questions of the judge and lawyers about the instructions.

Now, now. Meet Pretty Boy Floyd who I suspect is part Maine Coon. He's a gorgeous gentle giant who thinks he's a guard dog. IMHO he's cuter than any baby raccoon, puppy, or other cat. Can you tell I adore him? :floorlaugh:

oh goodness, we lost our Maine Coon "caddie" to cancer last fall. He was the cat love of my life. His vet would tell me all the time how he would make the best "actor" for vet training video's (as if I'd let them do stuff to him) because he would never fuss about anything. He was a huge cat that was gentle and loving,,, I used to call him my big bunny. ((crying))

:waitasec:

Juror #9 is a male, not a female.

Juror #10 Carol, is on HLN right now with a 5 sec delay per Vinnie
Why are you saying she is like an SNL skit???

Sorry, should have clarified that I meant the "fake" HLN juror # 9... not the real trial juror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo