SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, the three other jurors never mention that as far as I know.....he also filled out the wrong form, he was suppose to be asking a question and wrote it in a verdict form....

God Help Us - He didn't use the official Juror Question form provided by the Court? How do we know this?

Thanks, the three other jurors never mention that as far as I know.....he also filled out the wrong form, he was suppose to be asking a question and wrote it in a verdict form....

LOL....I honestly think they were just really tired by this point of the trial. Can't really blame them for that...but still wish result had been different.

More splainin for sure. I just read this on Twitter and I am really starting to wonder what was not clear about the instructions.

This is a question to the foreman's son and his answer.

still wonder how hard he worked to reach unan decision w fellow jurors. that is all I'm curious about

Richard Zervakos ‏@RichardZervakos 15h
@chrisbr40 important question. Judge specifically ordered jurors *not* to attempt to convince each other during deliberation.

WHAAAAA?!?!:facepalm:
Am I wrong in thinking that is the point of deliberation?

deliberation [dɪˌlɪbəˈreɪʃən]
n
1. thoughtful, careful, or lengthy consideration
2. (often plural) formal discussion and debate, as of a committee, jury, etc.

Did the JSS actually say this in instructions? If she did it is no wonder that jury ended things the way they did.

I can paste a link on my new Ipad tablet but I can't embed a picture of the YouTube song like everyone else can.....it's driving me nuts!

Earlier tonight on my iPad I copied and pasted the link and posted it, thinking, "I'll go back later on and clean up the BBCode." But it worked! No idea why. Wish I could help instead of commiserate.

Just paste the link and the song title if you want. I think it's plenty! If I like the song, I'll click for sure! I'm enjoying the heck out of the WS Sidebar jukebox.

I said a long time ago that she must of got help after killing Travis' by pretending he raped her. My guess would be MM. She asked Det. Flores if he met the Hughes. He said yes. She said they were friends of hers. They look out for her well being. Then she went on to talk about a Mexican man. I think she said her car broke down. The Mexican man gave her a helping hand and he was nice and ect, ect. In my opinion, police in Arizona and Ca. Should check for unsolved murder of a Mexican man. The story was creepy and usually changes are made in the way she distorts the facts. IMO of course. She talked about how great the Hughes are, she doesnt like them, talked about how great Travis' is, she killed him, they should look into unsolved murder of Mexican men.

:scared::scared:

I think she just rambles on when she's trying to distract people from the real point. I don't think her ramblings have ANY truth to them. Everything is lying, either lying on the spot or planned lying.

For example, during some of the juror questions, she gave odd responses (surprise, surprise). But then when I would go back and listen to them again, I realized that before she would answer the question, she would go over in her mind what answer would best suit her story. And she would then give that answer. For example, with the question...."would you have ever turned yourself in if you hadn't gotten caught?" And she does a long pause...and then says "I honestly don't know the answer to that." Well, at first glance it would seem like the obvious answer she would want to say is "yes of course!!" because she would want the jurors to think she just made a "horrible mistake" in her actions after the killing. BUT THEN SHE THINKS IN HER HEAD THAT IF SHE SAYS THAT, IT WILL CONTRADICT HER OTHER LIE, WHICH WAS THAT SHE NEVER WANTED HIS "SECRETS" LIKE PEDOPHELIA AND SEXUAL LIFE TO COME OUT ("EDIFY'/"DE-EDIFY"). So see that's what the long pause was for...because she was stuck in between two lies and in the end, she didn't answer the question b/c either response would have gotten her stuck.

Basically what I'm saying is that EACH statement that comes out of her mouth is for a reason. NOthing is the truth. Everything is to try to manipulate and make the person think something she wants them to think.

BBM

Mistake?? Really? JA didn't misspell a word, leave her soda on top of her car or forget to buy bread while at the grocery store. She brutally killed someone--on purpose! That's not a mistake.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Beautifully said, TDoc -- she didn't stab him 27 times by mistake or when she was thinking of anything else except 1st - hurting and 2nd - killing him -- how dare Travis walk away from ME, Jodi Arias!

I don't want to mention the neck wound, but must -- that was just pure primal anger, frustration and revenge.

page not found :banghead:

Sorry about that...try this again. If not, I will copy and paste the written details from this interview from this same site.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...at-life-is-like-inside-the-perryville-complex

Posted: 05/10/2013
By: Angie Holdsworth
A Valley woman shares her first hand experience of what life is like inside the prison where Jodi Arias will likely wind up.
Maggie Kerin spent seven months in maximum security at the Perryville complex in Buckeye. She served a total of three years for a narcotics charge. She was moved to maximum because she brought in a cellphone from the outside.
<mod snip>
:drumroll:

I "previewed" this post so I could recheck the above link. It works fine for me.

:dunno:

I don't know...I"m also wondering the same thing! I think in his closings he can pretty much say whatever he wants about stuff that's already been in evidence...so I'm surprised he didn't talk more about her lack of remorse. As for attempts to hurt the family...I think he NEEDS to show the latest media rounds she did...he absolutely HAS to show these. It shows she still hates the whole family. I believe on HLN they said he couldn't use them because CMJA didn't have any mitigation witnesses for him to rebut...and her "speech" was allocution which he can't cross-examine, or something like that. So I don't know when exactly he would be able to bring the tapes in, but hopefully hopefully he can bring them in somehow.

I'm also surprised he didn't contradict her claim that she could "contribute" in prison. I can't remember him talking about that.

oh lack of remorse, i need to find it, but that was an approved motion by the defense that juan is not allowed to argue lack of remorse during the trial, or during the penalty part of the trial - just like DT couldn't say the crime scene appeared to have been caused by crime of passion - in fact that was the main reason samuels testified was so he could say that the crime scene showed it was heat of passion and not premediataed - and even there was already a motion that said samuels couldn't testify they tried to sneak it in under another label (which i cannot remember right now) juan didn't let it get in at all!! thats why if you rewatch samuels testimony yu can see how juan was listening to every word from samuels and was very fast on the objections

I remember Nancy Grace saying that the Judge could send them back to continue deliberating once again, but she wasn't given that choice by the Jury Foreman, was she? He was under the impression that if the jurors couldn't agree then the Judge would just sentence LWOP or Life.....Wow.

IMO more info from other jurors is needed before I can judge what was done. Did all the jurors know they were handing in a non-unanimous verdict or did they think they were asking a question or for help?

Sorry about that...try this again. If not, I will copy and paste the written details from this interview from this same site.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...at-life-is-like-inside-the-perryville-complex

Posted: 05/10/2013
By: Angie Holdsworth
A Valley woman shares her first hand experience of what life is like inside the prison where Jodi Arias will likely wind up.
Maggie Kerin spent seven months in maximum security at the Perryville complex in Buckeye. She served a total of three years for a narcotics charge. She was moved to maximum because she brought in a cellphone from the outside.
"It is really boring, there is nothing to do but just lay there sometimes 23 hours," she said. "All you can do is read and if they are short staffed, you may not get your recreation time or be able to go to the library."
Kerin said they would often see death row or high profile inmates but did not have direct contact with them.
She said other inmates would often taunt those inmates.
"They have nothing to lose and sometimes the guards would let it go," she said. "If Arias has an attitude or they will be like 'Who do you think you are?'"
Kerin said she knew how difficult it was for the inmates who knew they were never getting out.
She said there were inmates who killed themselves while she was in.
For those who are there for the long haul she said the only thing they can focus on is trying to get through.
"They have to live with what they did," she said. "Hopefully they find some way to eventually forgive themselves."
Kerin was released from prison in 2011. She tells ABC15 that she is currently looking for work and is determined to keep her life going in the right direction.
A special Jodi Arias section can be found on abc15.com

:drumroll:

I "previewed" this post so I could recheck the above link. It works fine for me.

:dunno:

BBM - I would like to have documentation of this

oh lack of remorse, i need to find it, but that was an approved motion by the defense that juan is not allowed to argue lack of remorse during the trial, or during the penalty part of the trial - just like DT couldn't say the crime scene appeared to have been caused by crime of passion - in fact that was the main reason samuels testified was so he could say that the crime scene showed it was heat of passion and not premediataed - and even there was already a motion that said samuels couldn't testify they tried to sneak it in under another label (which i cannot remember right now) juan didn't let it get in at all!! thats why if you rewatch samuels testimony yu can see how juan was listening to every word from samuels and was very fast on the objections

Oh Wow...CANNOt ARGUE LACK OF REMORSE??? WTF?????? I'm blown away that he can't argue that even in the PENALTY PHASE. ugh. Now I get it. And CMJA talked about being "sorry" in her allocution, which Juan couldn't rebut. So it all makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29