Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the attic issue:

Remember how much Jodi liked to embellish all her stories, add litle details to her lies to make them seem beleivable? Well the pedophile story started with Jodi going over to TA's to help him put Christmas decorations away IN THE ATTIC and that's when he allegedly gave her the angel and she forgot it so she found him doing nothing in his bedrooms so had to make up the pedophile story.........

When Flores was on the stand in rebuttal he mentioned something in response to a question from JM about the attic. One of his juror questions had to do with "was there ever any evidence of anything inthe attic? (no) Were there christmas decorations up there? (no) Was it built so one could walk around up ther (not really)

So some observant juror remembered the oh-so-cleverly-crafted lie from months back and asked the questions.

I bet in that juror's mind that pretty much put an end to the pedohile bullfeces. And a lot more.

So I'm not the one you were asking, but I was so impressed by that juror question and the memory that I remembered it.

Thank you SusieD! I'm VERY glad to know that (attic) was one of the juror questions!

How is she still able to tweet???

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 6h
"I will be sorry for the rest of my life - probably longer." - Me, my allocution, May 21, 2013

I love the "probably longer" added in for dramatic effect. Always crafty with her sentences.

I'm sure she has heard all of the jurors, and everyone in America, saying she has no remorse so she figured, oh god da**it, I better put a sorry statement on my twitter to play along.

Sorry for what, Jodi? Sorry for not taking the camera with you? Sorry for not heading for the Mexican border sooner? Sorry for not having a better defense team?

You are definitely one SORRY excuse for a human being.:furious:

Is that a quote from her allocution? I'm thinking she's still grating over the fact that numerous reporters called her out for not saying sorry when she was doing her show and tell presentation ..

Is that a quote from her allocution? I'm thinking she's still grating over the fact that numerous reporters called her out for not saying sorry when she was doing her show and tell presentation ..

I wish the general public would wise up. Stop responding to her... Shut her out. THAT would drive her nuts.

This is prolly biggest rivalry in NFL IMO How is Cutler looking for this year?

Grew up in Chicago..Bear fan. Now live near Denver. Cutler/Tebow..both left Denver...could not be happier to say "Bye Bye" to each one. Shame Cutler ended up with the Bears.

Big Wisconsin fan..Go Badgers!:rockon:

I do support Travis enough on that over-the-top email, because I'm not about to believe the defense had more to work with and didn't use it.

I'm also only for the Death Penalty in extremely rare cases, so I wouldn't have wanted the DP for JA.

As far as societal views go, I hear ya (really). But here's one, too, that's been around in the US for a very long time, and I think it fits this case perfectly (the youtube link). It comes down against JA in this case, yes. But if you are familiar with the history of the meek little waif getting away with murder in the US, you should count that in your analysis ;) Some of us are incensed that she wouldn't get Death when other Americans would had they been proved guilty of the same crime.

Please watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EB0CkB7mRiY#t=149s

Or the whole video, which is full-on awesomeness:
chicago-razzle dazzle them - YouTube

Chicago is my favorite musical and one of my top 5 movies ;)

Is there such a thing as being too prejudicial for Travis' sake?

You make a supremely important point. Where is the rest of the text evidence of Travis' abuse that the DT chose not to use and why would they do that? Waiting....

No, she is held at Estrella jail until she is actually sentenced.
She can't be sentenced until after the penalty phase is retried.She is being held in closed custody, 23 hours a day in her cell alone.
No more interviews allowed.

What happens if they do not retry the penalty phase? Does the judge automatically sentence her. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere. If so guess I missed it. ty

That would not be manslaughter. Manslaughter involves recklessness, not rage usually. So manslaughter would be things like driving while wasted and killing someone in your car. Even maybe getting into a fist fight but hitting too hard and causing death.

Second degree murder fits more the sudden, rage killing ala Clara Harris.

It's confusing to me but I did find this. Sounds like it's part of the penalty phase?

Now, assume that a defendant has been convicted of murder. There is then a sentencing phase to determine how much time the person must spend in prison. It is at this stage that what is generally termed "voluntary manslaughter" becomes relevant in Texas. The defendant may then present evidence that he committed homicide under conditions of "immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause." The classic example of this is a spouse walking into a room, seeing that his or her spouse is cheating, and instantly grabbing a gun and shooting at the spouse or lover. Note that a jury may still determine that this is not an adequate cause for voluntary manslaughter.

Remembering the huge number of peeps here and in the media who said that listening to her on the stand made them want to smack her. And we don't know her or have had to put up with her in real life.

Travis would have had to be an otherwordly saint to have not been tempted to whack her on multiple occasions. That he never did hit her is actually extraordinary. Think back to the day she confronted him after trespassing, violating his privacy and peeping into the window spying on someone who had made it clear he did not want a relationship with her.

I can only imagine what twisted and crazy-making things she said to him. I've always believed he did go upstairs....to get away from her, and I believe he did bang his head against a closet door...that he did so in a rage, after she wouldn't even give him the space to walk away, AND that even when that angry, even when so deliberately provoked, he had the self-control and fundamentsl decency to not hit her or even call her the names she so richly deserved.

This I can't agree with at all. Sorry, but no one drives a person to hit another person. Taking this attitude further, one could say Travis drove jodi to kill him.

If anyone can't control themselves enough that they can't refrain from hitting someone who is driving them crazy, then they have a serious mental issue, IMO.

It is not extraordinary that he didn't hit her. Because it is not ordinary for someone to be "pushed" to hit another person. This is the kind of argument people use/used to use to justify actual, domestic abuse and I really don;t like it.

How normal, healthy people handle it when crazy people drive them mad is not to hit or seek revenge or even call horrible names. It is to stop all contact and never speak to that person again.

Travis doesn't deserve a medal for not hitting jodi. Geez. And while I don't agree that his name-calling was domestic abuse, I don't think a totally mature person resorts to that either. Stop all contact and get a restraining order against the person, or seek some other legal relief. Name calling is never acceptable. And hitting is illegal.

I think Travis was a good man who made a huge mistake in engaging in a relationship with that murderer and also in how he reacted to her. I don't think he was abusive but let's have some perspective. Saying he was "extraordinary" for not hitting jodi is really quite horrible, I think.

Stay was denied.

SUPREME COURT OF ARIZONA
JODI ANN ARIAS, ) Arizona Supreme Court
) No. CV-13-0049-PR
Petitioner, )
) Court of Appeals
v. ) Division One
) No. 1 CA-SA 13-0026
THE HONORABLE SHERRY STEPHENS, )
JUDGE OF THE SUPERIOR COURT OF ) Maricopa County
THE STATE OF ARIZONA, in and for ) Superior Court
the County of Maricopa, ) No. CR2008-031021-001
)
Respondent Judge, ) FILED 02/22/2013
)
STATE OF ARIZONA, ex rel. )
WILLIAM G. MONTGOMERY, MARICOPA )
COUNTY ATTORNEY, )
)
Real Party in Interest. ) O R D E R
__________________________________)
Upon considering the Application for Interlocutory Stay of
Aggravation Trial filed by Petitioner Jodi Ann Arias,
IT IS ORDERED that the application for stay is denied.
DATED this ________

This is victory. It matters not to the DT who are playing a game, IMO. So, YAY!

Is there such a thing as being too prejudicial for Travis' sake?

You make a supremely important point. Where is the rest of the text evidence of Travis' abuse that the DT chose not to use and why would they do that? Waiting....

thats what i thought - idk imo there is a difference between making sure there are no appeals, and bending iver backwords to put in unsubstantiated evidence for the defendant, like the pedo accusations - and a lot of TH's (and yes i know) have said the same thing

How is she still able to tweet???

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 6h
"I will be sorry for the rest of my life - probably longer." - Me, my allocution, May 21, 2013

Jeeezz, Is anyone as deeply disturbed or utterly creeped out as I am that she is quoting herself like she's Martin Luther King, Abe Lincoln, or someone of importance....:facepalm::facepalm:

Thank you SusieD! I'm VERY glad to know that (attic) was one of the juror questions!

Because of the ability of jurors to ask questions, it was very beneficial for Flores (or any other critical witness) to get up for rebuttal because the first time he was up the jury hadn't heard Jodi's lies. When they asked the second round of questions there was follow-up about Jodi's testimony, which worked out well.

Jeeezz, Is anyone as deeply disturbed or utterly creeped out as I am that she is quoting herself like she's Martin Luther King, Abe Lincoln, or someone of importance....:facepalm::facepalm:

St. Jodi of Arias, aka Jodi of Arc

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I can't wait until she is sentenced, either way she's in solitary for years .. although chances are she'll still be tweeting by proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08