SIDEBAR #9- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 37m Reports today that Maricopa County Atty. is open to negotiating a deal with #JodiArias defense that would allow her to avoid death.

Mexican to describe someone who is from Mexico is not at all outdated or biased. To use the term to describe someone with hispanic physical features when one is unaware of a person's nationality is.

To me Mexican is like saying oriental. Outdated and biased.

BLiIEOwCUAAT80M.jpg:small

Cornecia Crew ‏@Mzhollywoodvill 21m #jodiarias The Warden at the prison where she will b going said her mitigating factors r unreasonable. She will have no contact with anyone.

If that's true, that's great news!

BBM~ imo, this will ultimately kill Jodi from the inside-out.

Assuming that Jodi is still in 23-hour isolation, I'm surprised that she hasn't filed a complaint about her inmate rights being violated since she hasn't been sentenced yet. Since the change in her cell status occurred after her stay in the psych ward, I suspect that reports on her mental health warranted isolation and constant monitoring for her own safety and that of other inmates. Do you think that Jodi's status will change or will she remain in isolation until the retrial?

MOO I think she will stay right where she is until either retry or a plea.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 37m Reports today that Maricopa County Atty. is open to negotiating a deal with #JodiArias defense that would allow her to avoid death.

I am sure TA was open to negotiating a deal to allow himself to avoid death too. Sadly he was not given that chance. Don't do it JM.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This makes me sad. I hope that the Alexander family is ok with this.

I am sure TA was open to negotiating a deal to allow himself to avoid death too. Sadly he was not given that chance. Don't do it JM.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Sadly it's not up to JM it's up to JM's boss. I hope they take the wishes of the Alexander family.

Mexican to describe someone who is from Mexico is not at all outdated or biased. To use the term to describe someone with hispanic physical features when one is unaware of a person's nationality is.

I have noticed around my neck of the woods that people will say Hispanic instead of Mexican. I don't know why.

So has it confirmed that Beth Karas leaving HLN? Somebody needs to start a new Court tv network with true reporting with facts

Jodi should be more concerned about the 8 jurors who didn't buy her bull@#$% and wanted her sentenced to death. I'm consoled by that fact that 2/3 of the panel voted for Death. No doubt that Jodi has to be livid about this and is probably trying to find ways to wreak havoc on their lives. If I were among the jurors who voted for death, I'd be watching my back. :moo:

IMO~~

Jodi is not one to see the whole picture of the overwhelming majority of jurors voting DP. Like her 'relationship' with Travis where she was unfazed by the shut out by the whole community surrounding him.

Jodi is thrilled she has some support and sees that ridiculous allocution as the reason. She still sees herself in charge, able to control the jury.

I don't believe Troy (as I cover my ears and sing LALALALALA). :stormingmad:

Well, the Mexicans I know are proud of their heritage and would most likely be offended to be called "Spanish." They may speak spanish, but I speak english and am not from England. I don't see any bias in using where someone is from or their ethnicity as part of a description.

And oriental is the preferred term to describe objects (art mostly), but not people. Unless you're in Singapore, that's their word of choice to describe their heritage.

I'd never deliberately use language that I know offends anyone but if possible I like that to be defined by the possible offendee, not me.

It might have been Chris Rock in his early years doing a routine about the term African Americans. "Nobody asked me. Was there a vote? I was okay with "black" why do I have to be African American now. I've never even been to effing Africa. And how many parts are there to Africa? I doubt Morrocans identify a lot with Somalians......" it was darn funny

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

How weird. This twitter account said:

jose miguel jose miguel @reporterjmiguel 17m
@Tammybaby65 @mohiclaire @troyhaydenfox10 he IS pursuing the sentencing phase again. That DOES NOT mean he would not accept a resolution

jose miguel jose miguel @reporterjmiguel 44m
@tavations no plans to change venue

Thanks Jose! is there video on this conference?
View conversation · Reply Retweet Favorite

@reporterjmiguel
@JustifyTravis there is not..sorry

jose miguel jose miguel @reporterjmiguel 44m
@tavations juan martinez would try this phase

Jose was at the conference.

What do you peeps think of Yanira Maldonado- "unknowingly" smuggling drugs over?

I just have to say, that Chris Rock quote above made me think of something funny that happened last night.

I have a six-yo nephew who is half black (he didn't come from Africa, he came from his mom who is white and she lives in WI and always has, so I'll just say black). He spent the night last night and we took him to a local baseball game. He was sitting a few people down from me with another boy his age when he came running over to me.

I said, "What's wrong?"

J: I have to stay here.

Me: Why?

J: Because there's a bee over there.

Me: So?

J: Well, I'm brown.

??? What??? I said, "You'll be just fine being brown and being near a bee, don't worry."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela