Sidebar Discussion #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Annnnd they are baaaack... The 5 starers that is... They just arent going to give up..just as stubborn and obstinate as the felon.

Well, not helping! Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,460 in Books

Maybe they should buy more and write less!

I did not read Jeff's book yet but I just pre-ordered 2 paperbacks.

I was just over reading Richard Hornby's blawg to see if he has anything new to say.

He is still insisting FCA is no longer on parole, even though she is. There is a long long post about why he is right and HHJP is wrong...so even when he's wrong apparently he's right.

Interesting

I was just over reading Richard Hornby's blawg to see if he has anything new to say.

He is still insisting FCA is no longer on parole, even though she is. There is a long long post about why he is right and HHJP is wrong...so even when he's wrong apparently he's right.

Interesting

I think (without going and reading the blog--just based on his previous posts here) that his point was that, if Casey's lawyers had wanted to, they could have announced on July 17 "OK, she's done." This might, of course, have pissed off HHJP, since his order was perfectly clear on the point, but RH believes her lawyers ultimately would have prevailed in that fight (on appeal if nothing else).

But IMO her lawyers did not want to take any chances on this one. Who wants to pick a fight (and an appeal) over an extra month of probation, when you've essentially got your client off scot-free? ;)

I think (without going and reading the blog--just based on his previous posts here) that his point was that, if Casey's lawyers had wanted to, they could have announced on July 17 "OK, she's done." This might, of course, have pissed off HHJP, since his order was perfectly clear on the point, but RH believes her lawyers ultimately would have prevailed in that fight (on appeal if nothing else).

But IMO her lawyers did not want to take any chances on this one. Who wants to pick a fight (and an appeal) over an extra month of probation, when you've essentially got your client off scot-free? ;)

Thank you AZLawyer - I should have given a more extensive answer I guess. Yes, I followed his points of law - but I meant ..most people wanted to know if she is no longer on probation in reality rather than legally, if that makes any sense - especially after the mix-up at the DOC or vine site. She did a final "report" at the beginning of August so...well I'm not making sense even to me - so much for my 'splainin...:hot:

And not surprised Mason didn't argue that - has he even finished the appeal papers yet?

OOPS......(look out below!!) ....Oh hi Jose! :seeya:

Sales Rank #8095
Crim/Law #40
Mayhem: #44

Was at a" respectable 6877" earlier with his three or was it four buys?

Oh well! Oh well! ................. :poke:

OT a little....

following the drew peterson trial on twitter and this name (a blast from the Anthony past) came up....

Justice Café‏@facsmiley

Larry Garrison has locked up Doman’s film, television, literary, and ‘life story’ rights. #drewpeterson

Well. A_News_Junkie...so what's your best guess for when "That Book" hits 10.000??? ... :waitasec:

Should we be starting prep? Writing a formal letter to the YNot deep in the convent asking for party privileges including booze? Loud music? Dancing boys? No ...wait.....scrap the dancing boys ...convent...mumble mumble....Mother Superior Beach..er...right...back to the list.

Cause I am thinking we will want to :pillowfight2: and :skip: :skip: with some mariachi guys and :cheer: and our usual :party: with everyone :partyguy: and we'll want:toastred: and :drink: ...well you know - a typical Canuck get to gether... :moose:

OT a little....

following the drew peterson trial on twitter and this name (a blast from the Anthony past) came up....

Justice Café‏@facsmiley

Larry Garrison has locked up Doman’s film, television, literary, and ‘life story’ rights. #drewpeterson

For himself??? Or is he representing Drew?

What I find amusing is that despite his concentrated effort of buying back four to five a day - he's only dragged himself back to a sales rank of 6877/30/44.

Everytime we say hey Baez - you'd better up the ante - he does! Can you imagine the effort it would take him to get it back up to even a rating of #1000? And this is less than six weeks from the date it was released...

I mean c'mon! What's it going to take to convince ALL it is a nasty bellyflop?

oo and don't forget to say

:seeya: Hi Jose

oops sorry saw you did later lol

Thank you AZLawyer - I should have given a more extensive answer I guess. Yes, I followed his points of law - but I meant ..most people wanted to know if she is no longer on probation in reality rather than legally, if that makes any sense - especially after the mix-up at the DOC or vine site. She did a final "report" at the beginning of August so...well I'm not making sense even to me - so much for my 'splainin...:hot:

And not surprised Mason didn't argue that - has he even finished the appeal papers yet?

Nope! They only accomplish motions for EOT.
To me, it's like do your business or get the heck off the pot. However, I think they are trying to delay so that the civil suit for ZG passes first.

Just saw a pic from Jose's book signing. He said there was a standing room only crowd.

Being generous, I'd count about 60 people. I have no doubt he brought about 1/3 of them along with him.

On the other hand, this was Jeff Ashton's first book signing;

Cheers greet former prosecutor Jeff Ashton at Orlando library as he discusses Casey Anthony book

Jeff Ashton, the former prosecutor turned author, has become a celebrity in the wake of the Casey Anthony murder trial.

On Monday night, a standing-room crowd of more than 300 fans showed up at the Orlando Public Library's main branch downtown to cheer Ashton and listen to a brief talk, followed by a question-and-answer session.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_1_casey-anthony-orlando-library-jeff-ashton

I didn't see any mention of hundreds of "getty images" being taken at Jeff's signing either.

Oh, hi Jose.

We've talked about Jeff Ashton's book :crush: at length on the board, and we've talked about Jose Baez's book :bigfight: at length here also.

But I'm wondering if anyone here has read the book by Dr. Leslie Seppinni titled Who is Casey Anthony - Understanding the Motherly Motivation for Murder....

I hadn't really noticed it before but I read the introduction and the first couple of free pages and was quite fascinated....Might have to buy it...I see it has 4.5 stars....

We've talked about Jeff Ashton's book :crush: at length on the board, and we've talked about Jose Baez's book :bigfight: at length here also.

But I'm wondering if anyone here has read the book by Dr. Leslie Seppinni titled Who is Casey Anthony - Understanding the Motherly Motivation for Murder....

I hadn't really noticed it before but I read the introduction and the first couple of free pages and was quite fascinated....Might have to buy it...I see it has 4.5 stars....

Ill have to check that one out

Well it's only $6 something for the Kindle but did you read the reviews? I'm afraid I would be disappointed.

Just saw a pic from Jose's book signing. He said there was a standing room only crowd.

Being generous, I'd count about 60 people. I have no doubt he brought about 1/3 of them along with him.

On the other hand, this was Jeff Ashton's first book signing;

Cheers greet former prosecutor Jeff Ashton at Orlando library as he discusses Casey Anthony book

Jeff Ashton, the former prosecutor turned author, has become a celebrity in the wake of the Casey Anthony murder trial.

On Monday night, a standing-room crowd of more than 300 fans showed up at the Orlando Public Library's main branch downtown to cheer Ashton and listen to a brief talk, followed by a question-and-answer session.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_1_casey-anthony-orlando-library-jeff-ashton

I didn't see any mention of hundreds of "getty images" being taken at Jeff's signing either.

Oh, hi Jose.

Were the 60 including the bookstore employees? I looked at a few pics and he was always sitting by himself...i didnt see any of him actually interacting with anyone and signing books.

It might be interesting if the people who have been on amazon took a stroll to the reviews on Jeffs book. Check out a particular 1 star (that laughing guy). Nov 20. Remind you of anyone?

Well it's only $6 something for the Kindle but did you read the reviews? I'm afraid I would be disappointed.

I only read a few of them - was there any in particular you think I should have read? I scanned them pretty quickly...

Thanks for the link, I was able to read about 20 pages for free preview... LG, I think you could right a better book.

Basically, society does not want to convict a young mother of the horrible crime of murdering her child.

It was not her childhood that made her do it - it was her adulthood that did.

CA and GA are enablers and, JB convinced the jury that OCA was the victim. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay