Sidebar Discussion #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I know we learned how to bold and multi quote this week, but nobody told us how to change the colors. What else are y'all holding back?

Can't see if anyone has told you this yet - but this is the easy part. When you are in the quote box, at the top of the box, you will see two lines of "stuff". First line says A, fonts, (change the font) sizes (change the size) A-that small arrow beside it is the drop down bar for the colours. Okay so far?

So when you are typing your text, highlite what you want to change (hold your left side of your mouse down, move your cursur over the text, let go), and then click that small arrow on the A, click the colour you want, you will see the <b on each side of your colour, then carry on with your post.

The B on the line below is the "bold" , just highlite your word or phrase - and zowie, now you are all fancy

Actually I do it quite differently... :truce:

here's how I do it, hope I can explain this in simple terms!!

on the last line of LG quote above I put in [ color= red ] in front of the "The B", without those spaces in there, otherwise it won't show what I'm talking about. and then at the end of this sentence I put [ /color ] right before the [ /Quote ] which you can see in the "Reply thread" section. or put in [ b] for Bold with ending of [ /b ].

Does that make sense?? :waitasec: :floorlaugh:

I do family genealogy and findagrave.com is one I use all the time.

I also use these:
ancestry.com
genealogy.com
rootsweb.com
legacy.com
archives.gov (Native-American final rolls search and other searches as well)
familysearch.org
govmilitaryrecords.com
usgenweb.org
newspaperarchive.com
archives.com
fold3.com
olivetreegenealogy.com
progenealogists.com
loc.gov (Library of Congress)

Mods, hope it is ok to post these. If not, please remove. TIA

O/T - I take it these are just for USA searches, right? I've found my ancestry to 5 Greats on my father's side!! Going back to the 1795s and this search took place in Eastern Europe, Russian Czarist times. But of course I had help with a lady that lives over there and what she found was AMAZING!! I didn't know ANY of what I found! It was quite fun finding out all about my ancestors! I even found a third cousin and we are going to "hook up" when I go over in the Spring of next year!!

I can’t see her leaving Florida either. Unless someone takes her in for the rest of her life and foots the bill for anything and everything she wants, it will not happen. Who would want to do that? Nobody in his or her right mind would, and the ones that have been thus far, I bet, are getting real tired of it. They all were hoping she would get that BIG break with a BIG Money tell all so they all could get a cut. But that never happened, I don’t think it will ever happen and defiantly hope it does not happen. Good grief, who, would want to pay for more of her lies?

She will never come out and tell the truth. I read the documents that were released to the public. I watched the trial. I had no doubt than and have no doubt now, Casey killed Caylee by use of duct tape over her mouth and nose. Caylee told us the truth, she held onto that duct take to prove she was murdered. To bad the P12 could not and would not see that.

Picture what life would be like with Casey.
You go to work every day busting your *advertiser censored* to make a living in today’s economy. You come home to her sitting around all day living the life of leisure. You have to foot the bill for her and she is not even related to you. Eating your food, drinking your drinks, using your best bath scents and hair products. If you are the same size, she riffles through you closet and dresser, and you find her wearing your cloths. You go to get a blouse and find it stained or torn hanging up in the closet. She might clean the house a few times, but not like you do. You notice things out of place or missing, when you question it, she knows nothing. You go to a restaurant with co-workers for lunch, and find you have no money in your wallet, when you knew you had some. She is on your computer day and night, and you have to ask to use it and you get attitude. I could go on and on and on.

AJMO

Now that sounds like one lazy lying ungrateful teenager. Casey will never be on her own. She couldn't then and can't now and she and Cindy will blame us for her miserable lot in life.

I wonder when the nice warm fuzzy feeling Cindy got by bringing her back to Hopesprings will end?

on the last line of LG quote above I put in [ color= red ] in front of the "The B", without those spaces in there, otherwise it won't show what I'm talking about. and then at the end of this sentence I put [ /color ] right before the [ /Quote ] which you can see in the "Reply thread" section. or put in [ b] for Bold with ending of [ /b ].

Perfect sense...., but LG's is quicker and faster for those of us who are digitally compromised and can't spell.

Sure it does but there you go again! :floorlaugh: We're talking "Baby Steps" here - not the advanced section. Anyone who understands the process can switch and upgrade to your way - but we're at the stage of "can't find the colour drop down arrow" stage...:great:

Edited to add: Hi ILikeToBend! I see you've answered and thanks for that. I tried to make it easy to understand and probably because I've been talking to telephone internet techs about dedicated secured IP addresses and modems and routers and why the heck my smart tv is actually very dumb because it won't go wireless. I tell them their tech chat is very nice but I'm the one who's doing the heavy lifting so translate that to English please! I've learned so many catch tech phrases I can now keep up with them. And that's funny!

I so get what your saying about the smallest sliver of hope for Caylee in the beginning for me at least. But as time marched on well, somhow you just know. KWIM?

I went back and forth with accidental drowning due to negligence or out and out murder for a long long time but I knew the second I heard that 911 tape the baby was dead....then I knew for sure Momma was 100% at fault when I heard the jail tapes.

I went back and forth with accidental drowning due to negligence or out and out murder for a long long time but I knew the second I heard that 911 tape the baby was dead....then I knew for sure Momma was 100% at fault when I heard the jail tapes.

I knew for dead sure when I watched that strut in the blue hoodie when she was arrested. No question about it. None.

Scandal??!! Caylee's murder was a scandal?? Say it like it is, Mr. Greene...Caylee's death was/is a TRAVESTY!!

Mmmmm - I'm thinking she's trying to convince herself or her lawyer is trying to convince us that we "bought" the scandalous story about George...oh yeah - and her behaviour during the 30 days....

She doesn't get it - it's not about her and any scandal - it's about Caylee. Always was and always will be. She made sure of that.

Yes, I think that was it for so many. The progression in Cindy from mad and not gonna take it anymore, to sheer terror. I knew Caylee was dead when Casey said she had just talked to her that very day. From that point it it was she'd close by but where? I kept looking a those woods and wondering.

O/T - I take it these are just for USA searches, right? I've found my ancestry to 5 Greats on my father's side!! Going back to the 1795s and this search took place in Eastern Europe, Russian Czarist times. But of course I had help with a lady that lives over there and what she found was AMAZING!! I didn't know ANY of what I found! It was quite fun finding out all about my ancestors! I even found a third cousin and we are going to "hook up" when I go over in the Spring of next year!!

Some of the web sites you can do a wide search and some only in the US. Check them out to see which ones can help you. Finding family you never knew about is always exciting. How cool for you to be going over their and to walk the land as they did. You might get there and feel a connection you never knew you had. Good Luck on your journey.

My ancestors did on my paternal grandmother's side but I don't think they were German I think they were Dutch.

By way of Switzerland? Can you imagine coming to a whole new world looking for freedom? My husband was born on "American" soil in Italy. His dad was a GI who'd married a young woman in the town, so my husband was an American when he was born. When the Army was leaving they told my mother in law that she could stay, but my husband (18 months old) would be coming with them. She came to America on an military ship and was dropped in New York with nothing. She studied to become an American and was very proud of America till the day she died.

Now that sounds like one lazy lying ungrateful teenager. Casey will never be on her own. She couldn't then and can't now and she and Cindy will blame us for her miserable lot in life.

I wonder when the nice warm fuzzy feeling Cindy got by bringing her back to Hopesprings will end?

I so agree with you. She will always need someone footing the bill for her.

I bet if she did go to the house she was so mad she could not “schwallow” because it should be her living in it.

I liked the idea of FCA possibly staying at Grandma's house, but then I started wondering if the uncles would ever agree to letting her stay there? I would like to know how Shirley set up her will. Does it have to be filed and probated in the courts wherein it could be made public?

-----------------
Hi Shotzy. I am searching England also. Try ancestry UK. we have a genealogy board on WS. its listed near the parking lot. I'm going to get yelled at:what: for putting all this here. People dont visit Genealogy thread ogten enough. god I'm looking for a Jones !! I'd just like to see a few of the last names on S.P. side. Obits will be ok, no intention of contacting anyone. Thanks so mush.

What part of England, Nore? Why don't we all meet on the genealogy board, since I'm not sure what's allowed to be posted on this thread. I checked the board out today and it was very lonely there!

I liked the idea of FCA possibly staying at Grandma's house, but then I started wondering if the uncles would ever agree to letting her stay there? I would like to know how Shirley set up her will. Does it have to be filed and probated in the courts wherein it could be made public?
------------------------

I thought of that also after posting. Maybe CA. will buy out the brothers if Grandmom made out to share. The brothers if its left to them also, may refuse to allow her. If it were me I'd refuse! :maddening: Then again Shirley may have excluded KC. from the will.

------------------------

I thought of that also after posting. Maybe CA. will buy out the brothers if Grandmom made out to share. The brothers if its left to them also, may refuse to allow her. If it were me I'd refuse! :maddening: Then again Shirley may have excluded KC. from the will.

Is her sister still alive or is she the last of her siblings - sorry I can't remember...:waitasec:

Is her sister still alive or is she the last of her siblings - sorry I can't remember...:waitasec:

Looks like her sister is still alive. MaryLou Lillicotch (not sure of last name my brain wont hold things from one page to another.) :floorlaugh:

By Jove I'm right!!:what:

From my experience in NJ as far as wills, "IF" Shirley left a will it would probably go to her surviving spouse. After that, if they did not have good insurance, the nursing home would take as much as they can! It doesn't appear to me that Shirley had much money or fca would have stolen more!

Even in NJ anyone can find a will in probate (most likely have to go to the court house) . Florida is much more liberal with the sunshine laws, perhaps the will can be found online.

I just don't see Rick or any of CA's brothers letting fca live in Shirley's house!

Looks like her sister is still alive. MaryLou Lillicotch (not sure of last name my brain wont hold things from one page to another.) :floorlaugh:

By Jove I'm right!!:what:

I sort of remember a letter from a sister or maybe an email or Shirley talking to or about her when the emails and arguments between Rick and Cindy were going on.

I guess anything Shirley owned will go to support her husband as long as he is still alive, so maybe the house will be put up for sale? Despite Shirley's connection to Cindy and FCA I can't imagine her or her family agreeing to shelter FCA in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024