Sidebar Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's one of the best! I've had shingles and oddly and really painfully I can tell you - rather than getting it on my body I broke out on my scalp, ear and left side of my face.

My GP said whenever she sees shingles she almost always immediately knows there has been a sudden and shocking death in the family. Which begs the question....

Oh gosh logicalgirl. That's awful. I'm truely sorry you had to go through that. However I can't think of one person who deserves your kind of shingles except for OCA and her family.

On your second paragraph. I'm not real sure Caylee's death was sudden to OCA. KWIM? It certainly know it wasn't shocking to OCA, bella vita ya know.

Oh gosh logicalgirl. That's awful. I'm truely sorry you had to go through that. However I can't think of one person who deserves your kind of shingles except for OCA and her family.

On your second paragraph. I'm not real sure Caylee's death was sudden to OCA. KWIM? It certainly know it wasn't shocking to OCA, bella vita ya know.

It was so weird - I thought people had to be really run down and stressed out to get shingles but thought about it as only an "old" people's kind of rash. I knew it was painful for people and thought people usually got it around their waist. In other words I knew nothing. Young people and people of any age get it and get it apparently more than once.

So imagine my surprise when I woke up one morning with a terrible earache and a bunch of small bumps all over my scalp, plus a couple of spots up by my eye! I was really lucky - not liking pain at all and who gets earaches over the age of eight (?) I stopped in at the drug store and talked to one of the pharmacists I know, to get something for my ear. She asked me to push my hair back and had a quick look in my ear and said - I am "not telling you this" but please go immediately to your doctor for a script for shingles for the anti-viral - cause it's going to get much worse. It did. But not as bad as if I hadn't taken the meds. Particularly on your face they watch for strokes, etc. because it attacks the nerve endings.

It's nasty and I'd advise anyone who hasn't had the protective shot to get one if you had chicken pox as a child. Apparently the virus lies dormant in anyone who has had it - and it just takes an "event" to bring it up. With the anti viral and a lot of rest you are "out" for about six weeks - without it 2 - 6 months. Flu like fatigue along with it. And nerve sensitivity for years afterwards - can't stand the sun or the cold on my head - and I have a lot of hair - it's just that the nerves are still very sensitive.

Ack - there I go - O/T again even for the Sidebar thread. Sorry peeps and mods...

She is a bit young for singles, though my dd got them at age 24. How about plantar warts . They are quite painful but not dangerous.

She is a bit young for singles, though my dd got them at age 24. How about plantar warts . They are quite painful but not dangerous.

How about a nice case of IBS - irritable bowel syndrome ... :crazy:

I had Shingles at 18 years of age.

I don't know how I could have gotten it, I was working at a hospital at the time and attending University...still have no idea how I got it...

I had it for 2 weeks before it was diagnosed...and about another 2 weeks before it cleared up...What I remember most...it was very painfull!!!!! I had continued pain in the region I had shingles for a few years afterwards.

I had Shingles at 18 years of age.

I don't know how I could have gotten it, I was working at a hospital at the time and attending University...still have no idea how I got it...

I had it for 2 weeks before it was diagnosed...and about another 2 weeks before it cleared up...What I remember most...it was very painfull!!!!! I had continued pain in the region I had shingles for a few years afterwards.

Wow - that is young. I only heard about the young people after I got it. Well my doc said - emotional stress - which tells me maybe you were really pushing yourself hard if you were both working and attending university. That's quite the load for anyone. You can't "catch" it - only children under the age of two shouldn't be around it - that and pregnant women - or so the medics advised.

How about a nice case of IBS - irritable bowel syndrome ... :crazy:

oooh, good one. I dont wish a SEVERE case on her, mind you, just a mild one that includes lots of cramping and loose bowel movements.

Wow - that is young. I only heard about the young people after I got it. Well my doc said - emotional stress - which tells me maybe you were really pushing yourself hard if you were both working and attending university. That's quite the load for anyone. You can't "catch" it - only children under the age of two shouldn't be around it - that and pregnant women - or so the medics advised.

I thought it was contagious..but yes, I now remember the word "stress" being mentioned...
I just looked it up to refresh my memory....the varicella virus that becomes inactive in our body re-awakens.

How about a nice case of Shingles?
Throw in a full blown case of Bell's Palsy to go with the Shingles.. :innocent:

BTW, Bell's Palsy comes from the same virus as Shingles and chicken pox.. I had it a few years ago and the nerves in my face still twitch and go dead from time to time..

All of you guys are way too kind to Casey. I wish her way worse. I truly hope every day that she lives and breathes she's miserable beyond words. And when her time comes, I hope she suffers more than poor Caylee must have.

Throw in a full blown case of Bell's Palsy to go with the Shingles.. :innocent:

BTW, Bell's Palsy comes from the same virus as Shingles and chicken pox.. I had it a few years ago and the nerves in my face still twitch and go dead from time to time..

Oh you poor thing - that's a terrible one - but a good call...:great:

How about a .nice case of IBS - irritable bowel syndrome ... :crazy:

I suffer from ibs. I would only wish that on somebody like her. There are times that I cannot function normally. You never go anywhere without knowing where the bathrooms are located.

Baez coming up on JVM if anyone wants to watch it.

Looks like he is trying to start up a media career as he will be commenting on the Michael Jackson case.

http://www.rentadrone.tv/hln-live-stream-feed/

But...."Ummmmmm Uhhhhhhhhhhh and Errrrrrrrrr" only go so far.

JB.....remember to look at the camera every once in a while.....don't make it too obvious that you are having to consult with your IPhone to get your lines.

My husband got shingles when we were engaged. I was a kindergarten teacher at the time and he had visited my school for some program or something (don't really remember what it was). Because he was a different race from the students, his hair felt different and a lot of the kids touched his hair.

He was 27 and was under stress of being engaged and working. But, most people work and we'd been engaged for awhile so no sudden stress, that I knew about.

He got shingles a little while after the hair incident AND there was a chicken pox outbreak at the school around that time. I just assumed he had "caught" it from one of them. For almost 20 years, I've been blaming those sweet, innocent children. I should be ashamed.

He must have had a mild case because he never mentioned pain and it cleared up pretty easily.

I suffer from ibs. I would only wish that on somebody like her. There are times that I cannot function normally. You never go anywhere without knowing where the bathrooms are located.

Now that's really unfair and must be really tough for you. So sorry to hear you have to endure it - I know there are almost no remedies for it...:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute