Sidebar Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that boys arent using their brains at age 21 :) however, most manage to refrain from rape & murder, and most refrain from drink driving. I dont think the crimes are all so very different, so that argument wouldnt work for me...

part of getting into the jam and learning would be paying for an attorney himself. clearly that doesnt teach some people, but I bet it teaches a few.

Oh, I have to disagree. I think when young men can drink legally there are a lot who drive when they shouldn't after drinking too much. Maybe not twice the limit but they are somewhat impaired and just don't get caught. I don't think I would compare driving drunk to other crimes because the original intent is not to harm anyone. When they are that age they think they can handle anything. For most the drinking till your drunk novelty wears off pretty quickly. Fact remains though how do they get home from the bar when they've had too much to drink?

JA has a right to ask when the equipment used to test his son was last calibrated. Obviously someone checked this equipment and found it as defective and my guess is JA requested it. If he could not walk a straight line, which is reported, then he had too much to drink and it really does not matter how much he consumed he should not have been driving. If you can't walk a straight line you should not be driving whether you are just sleepy or drunk. jmo

BBM and added. It is not a crime to not be able to walk a straight line. You can not be arrested for simply not being able to do so.

Oh, I have to disagree. I think when young men <AND WOMEN> can drink legally there are a lot who drive when they shouldn't after drinking too much. Maybe not twice the limit but they are somewhat impaired and just don't get caught. I don't think I would compare driving drunk to other crimes because the original intent is not to harm anyone. When they are that age they think they can handle anything. For most the drinking till your drunk novelty wears off pretty quickly. Fact remains though how do they get home from the bar when they've had too much to drink?

JA has a right to ask when the equipment used to test his son was last calibrated. Obviously someone checked this equipment and found it as defective and my guess is JA requested it. If he could not walk a straight line, which is reported, then he had too much to drink and it really does not matter how much he consumed he should not have been driving. If you can't walk a straight line you should not be driving whether you are just sleepy or drunk. jmo

JA has a right to ask when the equipment used to test his son was last calibrated. Obviously someone checked this equipment and found it as defective and my guess is JA requested it.

I just wanted to chime in here because at one time I worked for a defense attorney who handled a large volume of clients arrested for DUI. He was known in the community as the "go-to" guy if you needed representation for a DUI.

He won a huge percentage of these cases and I venture to estimate 85-90% of his wins were because LE had not re-calibrated the breath analyzers. The exact same defense JA is asserting. Hey, I don't want drunk drivers out on the road anymore than anyone else, HOWEVER, LE has an obligation to make sure their equipment is reading true and calibrated accordingly. Like everyone else, LE is busy and overworked, and often times these kind of things get pushed to the bottom of their To Do Lists. They need to figure out a way to make it a priority.

This isn't a technicality, if anyone is thinking that. It is a real problem. We certainly don't want anyone getting off that should be convicted, however, it is even worse if an innocent person is convicted because the breath analyzer results are false.

Analogy - I would have a heart attack and be ready to :slap: someone if I got on the scales at my doctor's office and they read 20lbs more than my true weight. (Scales need to be recalibrated too!)

Sorry - don't have time to read upthread. Apologies if posted already.

The Official Jeffrey Ashton Page:

I know many of you have commented on the report about my representation of my son. I think it is sad that his relationship to me has caused what would normal be an everyday case, as embarrassing as that is to him personally, to become fodder for the media hounds . I am proud to be representing him no matter the outcome. Anyone who cannot respect my decision is entitled to their opinion and is welcome to server their connection with this page

Just one more thing! Speaking of :maddening::maddening::maddening: The ads on our beloved WS are bad enough although I understand that something has to fund the site if we members are not!

But!! Do we really have to have ones that flash non-stop and say over and over again - congratulations you won??? Does anyone ever believe that carp?:what: :banghead::banghead:

Just one more thing! Speaking of :maddening::maddening::maddening: The ads on our beloved WS are bad enough although I understand that something has to fund the site if we members are not!

But!! Do we really have to have ones that flash non-stop and say over and over again - congratulations you won??? ]Does anyone ever believe that carp? :what: :banghead: :banghead:

:woohoo:

:notgood: what do you mean No I didn't win...

:what:

:floorlaugh:

Strawberry, go back thread a couple of pages...there are pics posted. Hilarious.

Thanks! That is funny..it's the Snooki Bump pic where she thought she was going home. Someone also mentioned watching it on hulu..think I'll go do that. I love Dwight!

Once again 1 + 1 does not equal 2 in FL, except at the hands of a judge.
And, except this time the adult children recant their GJ testimony during trial, to get their aging mother acquitted. Even with the parts of the testimony recanted, one could reasonably deduce the murder occurred at the home and at who's hands. We can't afford an ambulance...ROAD TRIP! Yikes.

jmo

I know this isn't all about FCA, but she's mentioned in the article... I gotta say, I agree with a LOT of what this guy says in his open letter to CNN;

An Open Letter to CNN Regarding Nancy Grace
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chez-pazienza/an-open-letter-to-cnn-reg_b_1276595.html

JMO, but why does everyone have to bash Nancy for silly things like this? Why don't people look at the big picture and all the good that Nancy has done for missing children and adults. She can be harsh at times, but who cares if it helps to find even one missing child. I would think people would put aside their pet peves about her and let her continue to help look for missing children. I think it would be a crime if she got fired! What a shame...

:waitasec:
I thought Judge Eaton Retired? He was a judge with the 18th judicial district (Seminole & Brevard county)
I checked the website for that district and it lists him as retired in December 2010

Did he come out of retirement to become a Judge in 9th Judicial District (Orange & Osceola)?...
hmmm, thinking, thinking, thinking...I wonder if he is temporarily in the judicial seat that Linda Drane Burdick has applied for?

Isn't Eaton the one that sat in one day at the trial, then left, causing some piffle for Mason? (It's all so long ago, and I've deliberately repressed so much... :dramaqueen: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess