Sidebar Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did notice today that there was one 1 star gone. Do not know which one. I have also noticed that some of the comments left (mostly comments under reviews of 5 stars) have been deleted. I wonder why.

Billy Mumy played the little boy, Anthony. Anthony got mad at one man that got drunk and he put him in the corn field singing " You are my Sunshine".

That was a great episode. Scary. Anthony had his entire family bowing to his every wish. Anyone who crossed Anthony paid dearly. He had a sister who lived in her room, sentenced to watch TV 24/7. All TVs were tuned to cartoons and the family home had a cartoon decor, because that was Anthony's wish. The sister could not speak; she had sometime in the past spoken out against Anthony's behavior, so her mouth had been permanently closed...by Anthony wishing it. The entire household lived in fear of what Anthony would do to them, and they were all very careful not to upset him.

*hope I got the right episode here*

I did notice today that there was one 1 star gone. Do not know which one. I have also noticed that some of the comments left (mostly comments under reviews of 5 stars) have been deleted. I wonder why.

IMO, Amazon should pull the book now, the same way they would pull any product deemed seriously defective.

i have been re reading all the jail house letters.. Its almost more of a eye opener now then when they first came out...

a couple that really struck me.. (now i do know this is all coming from casey so the grain of salt gets factored in often)
but in reading what casey is telling robyn about her family and things jose is telling her.. about her family.. I really think Jose did his best to put more and more of a wedge between them all.. ... I mean I know they are odd as all heck to begin with.. but Its like he really made their relations more strained.. on purpose...
It really makes me wonder.... .. I will have to keep reading and thinking on this..
but i wonder if anyone had that feeling...

Jose really resented alot about the anthonys.... One when he heard the tapes and such that they didnt like him much... two.. He really resented that they didnt offer money to him for her defense.. He mentions that in the book...

IMO, Amazon should pull the book now, the same way they would pull any product deemed seriously defective.
The comments being deleted seem to be coming from Baez supporters.

Does anyone remember JB making a call to one of KC's cell mates?? This just came to mind and I can not remember if it was Robin or what was said. I remember the call was made sneakily. I believe it went through someone else before he answered. anyone remember something along these lines.

I know this is OT. But, I know exactly what you mean. We lost our 14 1/2 year old Schnauzer a few years ago. He was old and in bad health, but ended up dying in an unexpected and tragic accident. It was a very emotional experience for me because when he died I literally sensed and felt his spirit leave his body, there was something very spiritual about it I cannot explain. It has been four years now, and I still to this day grieve and cry when I think about him and what happened.

Unfortunately, I was taught as a child that dogs don't go to heaven. However, after the death of our Schnauzer and over the years I had challenged this belief, that dogs must go to heaven. My rationale, God created us in His image, and dogs are man's best friend, so God loves dogs as much as we do. Therefore, God would want dogs in heaven as much as we would. Finally, I read a book in which a little boy dies and goes to heaven and he verified my belief. This gives me much peace that my beloved pets are where they deserve to be.
Anyway, this is just something I found that is in honor of man's best friend:

Yes, I understand - It was two years before I could even look at a picture of my wonderful Lhasa whose name was Winston. He was white with chocolate brown markings and we used to call him braveheart because he would stand his ground to any dog no matter what size. We are so blessed to have a dog in our life - I just don't have the words...

The comments being deleted seem to be coming from Baez supporters.

I thought comments under 5-star reviews were being deleted. I misunderstood.

But that doesn't make the book any less defective.

There was one discussion going on there that was pretty scarey. A discussion that seemed to want KC physically hurt or ended. Now I don't like this girl one bit but this discussion was getting out of control with lots of anger thrown in. I don't know if these posters were serious or just wanted to cause a stir.

There was one discussion going on there that was pretty scarey. A discussion that seemed to want KC physically hurt or ended. Now I don't like this girl one bit but this discussion was getting out of control with lots of anger thrown in. I don't know if these posters were serious or just wanted to cause a stir.

I saw that the other day.. and actually posted on it.. that none of us have a right to take the law or justice in our own hands..
that karma would take care of it all in time..

but that two wrongs dont make a right.

Well...comments like that needed to be deleted. The reviews are supposed to be about the book's content, writing style, things of that sort. Reviews are not intended as a venue for inciting a hate crime.

But the book....is still a defective item. Any product that generates that many negative reviews is detrimental to Amazon's reputation, IMO.

That was a great episode. Scary. Anthony had his entire family bowing to his every wish. Anyone who crossed Anthony paid dearly. He had a sister who lived in her room, sentenced to watch TV 24/7. All TVs were tuned to cartoons and the family home had a cartoon decor, because that was Anthony's wish. The sister could not speak; she had sometime in the past spoken out against Anthony's behavior, so her mouth had been permanently closed...by Anthony wishing it. The entire household lived in fear of what Anthony would do to them, and they were all very careful not to upset him.

*hope I got the right episode here*

Yes that's the one. I posted about it before on another forum.

Casey also made me think of end of Psycho with Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates, sitting in a white room alone, but talking as his mother and a fly lands on his hand and he thinks to himself that they'll see he is harmless. That he wouldn't kill a fly.

OK OK one more. Looking through my old The Far Sides I came across one with a fly driving a white car and on the back window was a sticker that said "maggots on board". It made me think of Casey.

Well...comments like that needed to be deleted. The reviews are supposed to be about the book's content, writing style, things of that sort. Reviews are not intended as a venue for inciting a hate crime.

But the book....is still a defective item. Any product that generates that many negative reviews is detrimental to Amazon's reputation, IMO.

I wonder if there has ever been any other book that has received such poor reviews in the amount that this book has.

My 1 star is gone and I have no idea why. I have an email into amazon. It is from the first couple of days the book came out and there is no reason it is gone. I thought it was a glitch. It's been a few hours and I haven't heard back from amazon.

My 1 star is gone and I have no idea why. I have an email into amazon. It is from the first couple of days the book came out and there is no reason it is gone. I thought it was a glitch. It's been a few hours and I haven't heard back from amazon.

Hmm that is interesting. Can you say what you wrote ? I amazon assuming did it.

Hmm that is interesting. Can you say what you wrote ? I amazon assuming did it.

It was very short, I said how I didn't want to finish it. I read the documents and followed the trial. Baez lies and not a whole lot more. Seriously, no reason and no big backlash. It has been there from the beginning and not even being commented on. I only realized it was mine after I tried to figure out the missing 1 star. I will just do another review tomorrow.

It was very short, I said how I didn't want to finish it. I read the documents and followed the trial. Baez lies and not a whole lot more. Seriously, no reason and no big backlash. It has been there from the beginning and not even being commented on. I only realized it was mine after I tried to figure out the missing 1 star. I will just do another review tomorrow.

I hope you hear back from Amazon. It would be very interesting in what they have to say. I am glad you are writing another review tomorrow. There are a few people that said they could not stomach finishing the book. The smart ones that know the book is deceitful and packed with mistruths and conflicts with discovery.

yeah... the reviews im seeing missing are from baez supporters too...
i thought was odd..

I commented on a 5 star today and invited them to read the legal document and the compare them to the book...Surely my little comment dosen't have that much ghosty boo. I wonder if its still there? I'm not going to go look cuz my puter dosent like that site.

i have been re reading all the jail house letters.. Its almost more of a eye opener now then when they first came out...

a couple that really struck me.. (now i do know this is all coming from casey so the grain of salt gets factored in often)
but in reading what casey is telling robyn about her family and things jose is telling her.. about her family.. I really think Jose did his best to put more and more of a wedge between them all.. ... I mean I know they are odd as all heck to begin with.. but Its like he really made their relations more strained.. on purpose...
It really makes me wonder.... .. I will have to keep reading and thinking on this..
but i wonder if anyone had that feeling...

Jose really resented alot about the anthonys.... One when he heard the tapes and such that they didnt like him much... two.. He really resented that they didnt offer money to him for her defense.. He mentions that in the book...
I wondered about that (the money thing). It seems odd that they didn't. I realize they were in financial straits, but if this was the loving daughter that could do no wrong...and if they really did believe that some phantom nanny took Caylee...why not put money into her defense? Perhaps if they offered that they could have had a stipulation...like no Baez. Makes me wonder again, just what they did know early on. It appears at the time they truly had enough of Casey. Very bizzare, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997