Sidebar Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding releasing the jurors' names, I wish they did not have to do that. I realize that Sunshine Laws may make it impossible to keep this under wraps but I do not see what good can come from releasing the names. IMO, it will just pave the way for the jurors to cash in. And if all they have to say involves justification for their verdict, I've heard all I care to hear about that and the thought of them making money for spewing such justification makes me gag.

If any juror wants to speak openly and honestly, I will be all ears. But in a case based on lies already piled to the ceiling, the last thing I want is more deception.

Hey people, lighten up! It's the sidebar thread! The hearing on the video is this week! Fingers crossed! I'd love to see FCA hyperventilating and breaking out in hives before the week is through!

:great::great: Now this is one video I cannot wait to see ! And thanks for the reminder !

I really hope Judge Perry RELEASES this video !

He just "slapped" FCA with additional $$$$$ to be paid back to the State of Florida for the costs with Lying to LE ...

So ... I hope he continues with his "good mood" ... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Regarding releasing the jurors' names, I wish they did not have to do that. I realize that Sunshine Laws may make it impossible to keep this under wraps but I do not see what good can come from releasing the names. IMO, it will just pave the way for the jurors to cash in. And if all they have to say involves justification for their verdict, I've heard all I care to hear about that and the thought of them making money for spewing such justification makes me gag.

If any juror wants to speak openly and honestly, I will be all ears. But in a case based on lies already piled to the ceiling, the last thing I want is more deception.

MOO ...

Respectfully, I disagree. The jurors' names should be released because these 12 jurors and 5 alternates DO NOT DESERVE ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT like FCA and her Defense Team received !

The "SPECIAL TREATMENT" of FCA, JB, CM, DT was "overboard" and Judge Perry went "overboard" as to how he "treated" the Jury.

Another reason I want the jurors' names RELEASED is because IMO, the citizens in the State of Florida need to know who these jurors were so that they NEVER EVER serve on another jury again -- not just because of the "Not Guilty" Verdict -- BUT because these jurors did NOT do their JOB !

The Pinellas 12 "deserve" every bit of criticism they receive ... this case was a "no brainer" ...

And so far ... the few jurors have spoke said enough IMO to realize that one of the following things happened: there was a "strong-arm" on that jury -- jury foreman -- who had an "agenda" and influenced the other 11 weak jurors and/or in My Opinion, POSSIBLE tampering ...

Thank Goodness for the Sunshine Law ... and IMO, I wish more states had a similar law.

MOO MOO MOO ...

I was in a hotel this weekend and watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose....based on a true story, I believe. I'd never seen it before because I'm not into horror flicks, but I'm glad I watched. During the trial, one of the experts suggested Emily had Psychotic Epileptic Disorder. So, now I'm wondering, could CA have seen this movie, or was she googling again and when she put in "epileptic" and "psychotic" this came up? Or did they simply see the movie?

Either way, the only cure for this disorder seems to be an exorcism - I say it's worth a shot

I was in a hotel this weekend and watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose....based on a true story, I believe. I'd never seen it before because I'm not into horror flicks, but I'm glad I watched. During the trial, one of the experts suggested Emily had Psychotic Epileptic Disorder. So, now I'm wondering, could CA have seen this movie, or was she googling again and when she put in "epileptic" and "psychotic" this came up? Or did they simply see the movie?

Either way, the only cure for this disorder seems to be an exorcism - I say it's worth a shot
Bless you for making me laugh...now I can go to sleep with a lighter heart. Too funny.

You mean the kind with projectile vomiting of green icky stuff and a 360 degree rotating head plus levitation phenomena. So in other words , no realistic cure. Still it sounds more believable to me than the Baez opening statement :floorlaugh:

BBM

I do understand how he puts up with it; he has lived in an atmosphere of soul-destroying abuse and his soul is destroyed. I am very disappointed that he could not rise above his own concerns and be a voice for Caylee. But I do understand why he could not. My main objections to GA now are that he is accepting payment after not doing all he could have to bring justice. But IMO his are more sins of omission than commission.

I have had personal trouble with narcissists and I know how they can make a person cower and appease. But I hope, hope that if I were ever in GA's shoes that I would find sufficient courage to act correctly, and if I did not I would not expect a pass. His behavior falls into the 'a reason but not an excuse' category.

Me too, Miss Plum :( I too can understand how a person becomes like a frog in a pot of boiling water. How some people can get a hold of themselves and rise up out of it while others never do, I have no answers for, just the empathy from my own experience.

You put it eloquently. "His behavior falls into the 'a reason but not an excuse" category. I understand but I do not "absolve" him. I do judge him and yet understand him compassionately.

I have participated in a domestic abuse/violence forum for the last four and a half years. I've watched some folks wake up in a big hurry, save themselves and their poor children, and others barely creep forward. I used to get very angry with them, try and slap them upside the head, but I don't do that anymore. I guess what matters is that they make at least slow progress rather than none at all.

It's not an easy conundrum to hold in your head, that's for sure.

I respectfully disagree. If George would have seen Caylee's body in the car and if he would have been inclined to help KC cover up her crime, I can not believe the car would have ended up at Amscott and at the salvage yard later on. That is just so illogical. If he was willing to lie for her early on, he would also helped her out in getting rid of the evidence in a proper way.The car would have ended up in deep water somewhere.
Both CA and GA lied and went really in high gear lying after DP was put on the table. Not that unusual for parents.But the cover up did not start till after July15/16 2008 IMO.

Thanks for the reply. I hope we will all learn the truth eventually. Until then I will remain convinced he knew.

I don't feel there is a logical explanation for his reaction to the gas cans and duct tape in his depositions unless he knew. The fact that he showed up with gas cans at the tow yard is also suspicious.

Thank Goodness for the Sunshine Law ... and IMO, I wish more states had a similar law.

MOO MOO MOO ...

..i believe we heard earlier on that all states do have a "sunshine law".

..government "in the sunshine"-- AKA 'transparency in government' laws were enacted so that the public would have access to information.

Government in the Sunshine Act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_in_the_Sunshine_Act

The Government in the Sunshine Act is a US law passed in 1976 which affects the operations of the federal government, Congress, Federal Commissions, and other legally constituted federal bodies.

It is one of a number of Freedom of Information Acts, intended to create greater transparency in government.

The legislative intent of the Act is as follows: "The basic premise of the sunshine legislation is that, in the words of federalist No. 49, 'the people are the only legitimate foundation of power, and it is from them that the constitutional charter ... is derived.'

Government is and should be the servant of the people, and it should be fully accountable to them for the actions which it supposedly takes on their behalf." (U.S.C.C.A.N. 2183, 2186).

..states do differ-------florida's "sunshine law" is the most liberal of all.

http://www.myflsunshine.com/

Florida is proud to lead the nation in providing public access to government meetings and records.

"In Florida, transparency is not up to the whim or grace of public officials. Instead, it is an enforceable right."
— Attorney General Pam Bondi

Well, they have to really.(release the names) Transparency is VITAL to the integrity of the jury system. If they stop releasing names then it is going to make it VERY EASY to cover up any jury tampering and other misconduct. I say release the names. Lets see what shakes out. You never know who might know who...

..i believe we heard earlier on that all states do have a "sunshine law".

..government "in the sunshine"-- AKA 'transparency in government' laws were enacted so that the public would have access to information.

..states do differ-------florida's "sunshine law" is the most liberal of all.

http://www.myflsunshine.com/

Florida is proud to lead the nation in providing public access to government meetings and records.

"In Florida, transparency is not up to the whim or grace of public officials. Instead, it is an enforceable right."
— Attorney General Pam Bondi

You are correct. Here in PA we call it RTK (Right to know Act) and I have used it already multiple times to obtain certain County documents since I belong to a local watchdog group. They charge a small amount, more if large file and you can request it from your computer by attaching the filled out form as a PDF file and email it to the local D.A office. Generally you get the info within a week.
It has been in effect here since Jan 2009.

I agree. On top of what you have posted, George must be a good actor in the jail videos if he already knew that Caylee was dead and knew where her body was. He really seemed to want to know where she was. Just my opinion.

Nobody is that good of an actor. Most of us dislike the Anthonys because of their abominable $$$ chasing but I venture they would give up all their loot in a NY minute in exchange for a living and breathing Caylee. They are not murderers like their daughter just rather opportunistic like plenty of other folks.

This is one of the things that floors me about that jury. How could they have watched those videos and not seen that GA had no idea where Caylee was? They must not have been paying attention.

Yes, I saw that evidence too and that is why I said he either saw her or evidence that she had been there. JMO. I feel very strongly that GA knew on June 24th that Caylee was gone. I feel his big secret is that he hid this from CA. I don't think he had anything to do with the disposal of Caylee's body.

I also want to add that I don't think FCA was faking all the time at trial. There were times that it seemed that she was recollecting the wretched vision and smell of Caylee's remains.

I hope the vision and smell of Caylee have permeated every brain cell that she has left and that it will haunt her each and every day for the rest of her life.

ITA with the bolded by myself above. I think that is why she seemed to be so bothered by the talk of the animals gnawing on Caylee. I think she may have even gone back and discovered her bones scattered. IMO

MOO ...

Respectfully, I disagree. The jurors' names should be released because these 12 jurors and 5 alternates DO NOT DESERVE ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT like FCA and her Defense Team received !

The "SPECIAL TREATMENT" of FCA, JB, CM, DT was "overboard" and Judge Perry went "overboard" as to how he "treated" the Jury.

Another reason I want the jurors' names RELEASED is because IMO, the citizens in the State of Florida need to know who these jurors were so that they NEVER EVER serve on another jury again -- not just because of the "Not Guilty" Verdict -- BUT because these jurors did NOT do their JOB !

The Pinellas 12 "deserve" every bit of criticism they receive ... this case was a "no brainer" ...

And so far ... the few jurors have spoke said enough IMO to realize that one of the following things happened: there was a "strong-arm" on that jury -- jury foreman -- who had an "agenda" and influenced the other 11 weak jurors and/or in My Opinion, POSSIBLE tampering ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

BBM

Even if the names are released, what prevents any of them from serving on another jury? The court system isn't going to auto disqualify them from jury service because they served on the Anthony case.

Well, they have to really.(release the names) Transparency is VITAL to the integrity of the jury system. If they stop releasing names then it is going to make it VERY EASY to cover up any jury tampering and other misconduct. I say release the names. Lets see what shakes out. You never know who might know who...

Not every state does this though (release the names of jurors).

No jury should have been able to get past the duct tape. Their decision shows they basically chalked it up to the dysfunction in the family. The duct tape should have been their main focal point because there was no reason to be there if it were a drowning. jmo

BBM
I Agree!!!

The jury foreman spoke about the duct tape and said they were not convinced it was relevant because when Caylee was found the tape was on her hair, not on her face. The problem I have with that being reasonable doubt is this: When Caylee was found, she did not have a face. In such a situation, even if the tape had been very tightly applied to Caylee's mouth, it would have been tightly applied to tissue only--not bones. Once the tissue is gone, there is nothing left for it to adhere to. The fact that the tape was not stuck to her facial skeleton does not mean it had never been over her mouth. And the fact that there was duct tape there at all shows reasonable doubt about the drowning theory, or any accidental death theory, for that matter.

:clap:

Hey people, lighten up! It's the sidebar thread! The hearing on the video is this week! Fingers crossed! I'd love to see FCA hyperventilating and breaking out in hives before the week is through!

I have been working more hours lately and have not been following...
I am working afternoon shift this week, What time is the hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024