Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T Question: Did Cindy state that she and FCA watched Desperate Housewives on the night of June 15? A quick search isn't answering this definitively for me. TIA

Yes, it was Desperate Housewives. And everything was peaceful and happy and joyful in the A household that night.

I think that the SA got all caught up with trying to present ground-breaking dna evidence and they missed the boat on common sense. Had they simply presented a timeline with cell-pings, computer usage, and photographs, of KCs behavior before and after her daughter went missing - sprinkling in, myspace, facebook and videotapes - they would surely have painted a clearer picture of the who/what/where and why of this case.

They thought they had it in the bag. JB did instead. The ultimate in arrogance. The SA was super-arrogant. Sorry to say so but IMO their arrogance combined with the judge's pre-disposition to favor the defence...(for fear of appeals)

Brought about what we have today.

JMO

I wracked my brain for months trying to understand why they didnt present a timeline of pings and computer usage and photo bucket downloading and IM's and texts...and I think I kind of understand.

When you look at her obsessive use of these things, you only have small windows of time where she could have slaughtered her innocent baby. And then she goes right back to downloading party pix and texting boyfriends and meeting up with guys for movie date nights... HARD TO COMPREHEND THAT SHE KILLED HER BABY IN THE MIDST OF ALL THAT ACTIVITY.

I thought that maybe the state was afraid the defense would use that timeline to show she could not have killed a baby and then downloaded a 'shot girl photo.' Who would believe a young mom could do that? But WE know she was capable of doing so. Sadly.:rose:

Yes, it was Desperate Housewives. And everything was peaceful and happy and joyful in the A household that night.

:floorlaugh:

This cracked me up. haha

oh...the insanity of it all.

I wracked my brain for months trying to understand why they didnt present a timeline of pings and computer usage and photo bucket downloading and IM's and texts...and I think I kind of understand.

When you look at her obsessive use of these things, you only have small windows of time where she could have slaughtered her innocent baby. And then she goes right back to downloading party pix and texting boyfriends and meeting up with guys for movie date nights... HARD TO COMPREHEND THAT SHE KILLED HER BABY IN THE MIDST OF ALL THAT ACTIVITY.

I thought that maybe the state was afraid the defense would use that timeline to show she could not have killed a baby and then downloaded a 'shot girl photo.' Who would believe a young mom could do that? But WE know she was capable of doing so. Sadly.:rose:

Yes, I fear that the State gave these adults too much credit and that they should have brought out a big pad of paper and crayons too. But then, these same adults wanted to be addressed every morning with a slimy grin too.

the jury had to have believed that she did all that after her kid drowned accidentally

I think the case was presented very well - it was relatively open and shut as far as I'm concerned. the jury's comments after the fact led me to believe they took one vote and/or listened to one person's opinion and said "Ok, I can go with that" and they didn't read any of the directions etc themselves to see that there were lesser charges she so clearly was guilty of.

I think the case was presented very well - it was relatively open and shut as far as I'm concerned. the jury's comments after the fact led me to believe they took one vote and/or listened to one person's opinion and said "Ok, I can go with that" and they didn't read any of the directions etc themselves to see that there were lesser charges she so clearly was guilty of.

The didn't ask to see any of the evidence either if I recall correctly. Utterly bizarre imo. Plus JB was allowed to use that idiotic chart with the bright colors explaining different levels of doubt, and the state didn't counter that.

Little interview with Virginia Welch - small discussion about her role as KC

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQfwLw5rJo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQfwLw5rJo[/ame]

I agree Rose! I have always said that. If you watch really closely, Casey freezes with her jaw a little dropped and appears to be bracing herself for the worst, almost as if for a split second, she thinks she has been caught. She looks absolutely terrified she then recovers with a "Surprise Surprise" and shortly thereafter basically has her temper tantrum. It happens in a split second but it speaks volumes. I am so glad someone else noticed it.

That tiny little moment, from the first time I saw it, solidified for me long ago, that she drowned Caylee in the pool.

She is like Keyser Soze and always always takes bits of truth around her and infuses them in her lies. Every single time. She replaced George with herself when telling the story of how he "killed" Caylee during a supposed horrific act.

In Jeff's book, he goes over Casey's statement to Jose about that. In it, she is very descriptive about what George's clothing looked like after he supposedly drowned Caylee in the pool.

She said his clothes were wet and splashed with water on his shirt and waistband, kind of like hers probably were after she did what she did. It was eerie.

By the way... I noticed recently that Casey also used her "Surprise Surprise" line in one of her fake Universal emails to herself that were supposedly from her boss.

I believe now more than ever that Caylee died in that pool, and as most of us have always known, it was no accident.
Have you ever seen that TV "Lie to Me" about a group of people who catch people in lies? I would love for someone who does these types of analysis to go through those jail videos. Her body language is all over the place in those videos.

I don't know why I torture myself but I went back and listened to some portions of the trial. 31 days. Trunk of KC's car. Duct-tape. End of story.Just seeing the defense stooping to the lowest levels during trial just made me so mad..my face got flushed and my pulse rate went up! All the hard work and all those experts sitting and explaining to a mind-numbingly dull jury. The verdict is still so difficult to digest. How to make sense of the senseless?

Back during the trial I loved Judge Perry and overlooked many of the blunders caused by him. Now I'm able to see things more clearly. He really did a poor job and catered to the defense pretty much every week. I don't think ANYTHING would have given us a different verdict. This jury was like that. The Judge still had his duties and he didn't fulfil them.

And by the way, the prosecution had every reason to snicker and laugh. The defense, the jury and even the judge all combined together = nothing but a circus.

I agree Rose! I have always said that. If you watch really closely, Casey freezes with her jaw a little dropped and appears to be bracing herself for the worst, almost as if for a split second, she thinks she has been caught. She looks absolutely terrified she then recovers with a "Surprise Surprise" and shortly thereafter basically has her temper tantrum. It happens in a split second but it speaks volumes. I am so glad someone else noticed it.

That tiny little moment, from the first time I saw it, solidified for me long ago, that she drowned Caylee in the pool.

She is like Keyser Soze and always always takes bits of truth around her and infuses them in her lies. Every single time. She replaced George with herself when telling the story of how he "killed" Caylee during a supposed horrific act.

In Jeff's book, he goes over Casey's statement to Jose about that. In it, she is very descriptive about what George's clothing looked like after he supposedly drowned Caylee in the pool.

She said his clothes were wet and splashed with water on his shirt and waistband, kind of like hers probably were after she did what she did. It was eerie.

By the way... I noticed recently that Casey also used her "Surprise Surprise" line in one of her fake Universal emails to herself that were supposedly from her boss.

I believe now more than ever that Caylee died in that pool, and as most of us have always known, it was no accident.

BBM: Well, here's the thing.....

While I'm starting to feel like a comic who drags out an old punchline....Back in the day when we were first investigating the duct tape, shortly after Caylee's remains were found - there were many discussions on died in the pool or sedated and duct taped.

So taking one for the team and having had some experience with duct tape - I did several experiments. The first was I took a short slightly warm shower to match what I thought the temperature of the pool was, including soaking my hair, got out, sat naked on the edge of my tub and tried to duct tape my nose, mouth, and wrapping the duct tape around my hair, which at the time was about the length of Caylee's.

Nope, duct tape did not stick.

The second attempt, I repeated the warm shower, got out and towel dried myself and my hair, and repeated the duct taping. on my hair and other "parts". The duct tape does not stick to damp skin or damp hair. But the duct tape had stuck to Caylee well enough to have survived six months in the swamp, some of it underwater. So it was on solidly.

All this while hoping one of my kids didn't walk into the bathroom.

So we are left with - did FCA duct tape Caylee first and then toss her in the pool? Why would she do that? She's lazy - we know that.

Or - that she brought her back into the house, used a hair dryer on her hair, or left her to lie out in the sun to dry, before taping her. A bit dodgy don't you think? Someone could see the child lying there or one of her parents could have come home unexpectedly.

So my conclusion is - no pool was involved. Why did the dog stop beside the pool and the playhouse area. Because Caylee's scent was there - not necessarily cadaver scent. Could have been smelling urine or ..poop. She was not toilet trained.

Re: FCA and her reaction during Cindy's info about people thinking Caylee drowned in the pool - and her surprise surpise comment. I think she was shocked the Cindy hadn't completely believed her kidnapping story and was starting to question if that's what really happened.

If so, it meant FCA was in deep doo doo and she'd better come up with some new "stories' PDQ.

All IMO of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQfwLw5rJo

Thank you. This actress is perfect. Hope she is adept at evil eyes and fisties. I really, really, REALLY hope this movie will show FCA as she acted IN FRONT of the jury, and then the flirtatious, smiling behaviour shen the jury was removed. Things like that so that when the P12 watch themselves on TV, they will be able to see what exactly happened when they were in the back room eating desserts.

One thing that has always bugged me about the duct tape and swimming pool theory.... If FCA placed the duct tape over Caylee's mouth AND nose (tight enough to withstand 6 months of exposure to the elements, being underwater for a period of time and remain even after decomposition of the soft tissues), why on Earth would she have to put Caylee in the pool? Caylee would have been unable to breathe and would have passed out from lack of oxygen and died while unconscious. If placed into the pool after taping, she wouldn't have been able to drown as no water would have been able to go up her nose or into her mouth. There was no need to put her in the pool. The tape alone did it.

I think FCA may have placed Caylee on the ground by the pool, thinking she would try to pass it off as an accidental drowning, but then realized removing the duct tape would leave marks she couldn't explain. She may have placed Caylee on the ground by the pool while she set the stage with the ladder and gate but then never placed Caylee in the pool. I think she then panicked and put Caylee in the sandbox, put the lid on, and took some time to figure out what to do with the body. She realized the "accident" story wasn't an option. She had to come up with a different story AND figure out what to do with the body.

One thing that has always bugged me about the duct tape and swimming pool theory.... If FCA placed the duct tape over Caylee's mouth AND nose (tight enough to withstand 6 months of exposure to the elements, being underwater for a period of time and remain even after decomposition of the soft tissues), why on Earth would she have to put Caylee in the pool? Caylee would have been unable to breathe and would have passed out from lack of oxygen and died while unconscious. If placed into the pool after taping, she wouldn't have been able to drown as no water would have been able to go up her nose or into her mouth. There was no need to put her in the pool. The tape alone did it.

I think FCA may have placed Caylee on the ground by the pool, thinking she would try to pass it off as an accidental drowning, but then realized removing the duct tape would leave marks she couldn't explain. She may have placed Caylee on the ground by the pool while she set the stage with the ladder and gate but then never placed Caylee in the pool. I think she then panicked and put Caylee in the sandbox, put the lid on, and took some time to figure out what to do with the body. She realized the "accident" story wasn't an option. She had to come up with a different story AND figure out what to do with the body.

Ah! This makes sense. Thank you.

Much MORE telling than Casey's "Surprise, surprise" when Cindy said people thought Casey had drowned Caylee in the swimming pool was Casey's hysteria--she needed sedatives--when Casey heard a body had been found in the woods off of Suburban.

Casey KNEW "who" that body was and "WHAT" was over Caylee's mouth and nose. I think Casey was hysterical because she thought what she'd done was so obvious that there was no way out. I think she thought "it was all over" for her.

I wish there HAD been SOME legal consequence for what she did to Caylee. I can't help but think if the "fool-proof suffication" with "fool-proof" being spelled the same way she had spelled it in a text to Amy (most people don't spell that word with a hyphen) had been presented to the jury along with a list of the rest of Casey's phone calls and computer activity, the jury would have realized Casey was hardly a grieving mother most of June 16, 2008 <although Caylee had supposedly drowned that VERY morning>.

And it is hard to ignore that Casey looked up "foolproof suffocation" and that Caylee was found in plastic bags with duct tape over her mouth and nose. How MUCH MORE foolproof can suffocation be done? Oh yeah...you can add in a car trunk that would have heated up over 100 degrees sitting on asphalt in the parking lot by Tony's apartment.

imo

Much MORE telling than Casey's "Surprise, surprise" when Cindy said people thought Casey had drowned Caylee in the swimming pool was Casey's hysteria--she needed sedatives--when Casey heard a body had been found in the woods off of Suburban.

Casey KNEW "who" that body was and "WHAT" was over Caylee's mouth and nose. I think Casey was hysterical because she thought what she'd done was so obvious that there was no way out. I think she thought "it was all over" for her.

I wish there HAD been SOME legal consequence for what she did to Caylee. I can't help but think if the "fool-proof suffication" with "fool-proof" being spelled the same way she had spelled it in a text to Amy (most people don't spell that word with a hyphen) had been presented to the jury along with a list of the rest of Casey's phone calls and computer activity, the jury would have realized Casey was hardly a grieving mother most of June 16, 2008 <although Caylee had supposedly drowned that VERY morning>.

And it is hard to ignore that Casey looked up "foolproof suffocation" and that Caylee was found in plastic bags with duct tape over her mouth and nose. How MUCH MORE foolproof can suffocation be done? Oh yeah...you can add in a car trunk that would have heated up over 100 degrees sitting on asphalt in the parking lot by Tony's apartment.

imo

Do you remember if the jury was forbidden from from seeing the video of Casey flipping out when the story aired? I seem to remember it was not allowed in. I haven't been able to think about this case for so long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQfwLw5rJo

Oh my god, I loaded it up and it was taking a while, so I walked out of the room for what I thought was a few seconds, came back and listened to the entire 6 minutes of the most trivial, trite, mundane, beyond ridiculous conversation I've heard since I was 8 years old, only to restart it and realize the movie is discussed in about 4 seconds at the beginning, long enough for her to forget all the names of the other actors in the movie! :floorlaugh:

imo

First, it never works when I double quote, so a few posts above this one was one about an experiment Logicgirl did with the tape and her shower, and I wanted to thank her so much for that.

Second, this post is a good example of how to use critical thinking skills, which I'm constantly having to work on. Thanks for your big brain, J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member