Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ?noanswer
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...tcy-defamation-suits-20130625,0,5673440.story

Casey wins small victory in court. From the Judge's comments, sound like it could be a huge victory.

'She is destitute'. Does he not watch the Dr Phil show?
Sign me disgusted..

I am thoroughly DISGUSTED and disillusioned with the Florida legal system!

This educated, mature Federal Bankruptcy Judge May, in Tampa Florida seems to take everything the convicted LIAR says at face value, and has SYMPATHY for her.

This Judge seems to ignore that she has no income, because she does not want a job.
Her attorneys could hire her.
This Judge seems to ignore that the majority of her true debt is a result of her CRIMES.

This Judge seems to ignore that she DOES have ASSETS which could be sold to pay true Creditors. This Judge has already made the legal determination that she has no assets.
How does this Judge ignore everything the Trustee wrote in his Motion to sell rights to her "story" as a very valuable ASSET?

How does this Judge ignore the FACT that she has already made THOUSANDS of dollars on a few photos, and has many more PHOTOS that could be sold?

How does this Judge ignore the FACT that she has a laptop with video and audio tapes on it and photos that could be sold as ASSETS?

This Judge's delayed Order to turn over her laptop to the Trustee, "maybe in August" is ridiculous -- means NOTHING. She will have had it wiped clean by then.

This Judge apparently is not Ordering her or her attorneys to turn over records of gifts and donations and money she has received.

This Judge apparently is not Ordering PROOF of Baez' claim of a $ 500,000 retainer agreement from a young woman who had NOTHING when she met Baez, and had no reasonable good faith basis to ever sign such a large retainer agreement.

Seems to me as though this Judge is already poised to rush through the Zenaida and Kronk civil suits in HIS federal bankruptcy court, and even if they win judgments, the Judge can [probably will] allow her to DISCHARGE those debts in HIS federal bankruptcy court.

None of it makes any sense to me, and none of it seems just or right.

Keyword...she APPEARS to be destitute
Aaaah Judge May appearances can be deceiving.

If I were in his position I would instruct her to get a job, any manual job, work 12hrs a day 6 days a week and make an effort to pay off her debts. Even if she only paid off a couple of thousand it would be something..
So many people are doing just that to make ends meet.
What we will probably see before long though is another set of photos sold to the press, of her relaxing on a beach somewhere, or celebrating with her attorneys, wearing new clothes and looking well fed.

Question for All regarding Baez and his (Nonsense) Retainer...

Does anyone else besides me remember that when FCA was first apprehended she lied about having $14,000.00 in savings AND that her first payment to Baez of a cheque for $4000.00 bounced?

I wonder how this fits in with his claim of a retainer of $500.000.00? If there ever was a retainer I suspect it may have been written closer to the sale of the ABC photo sell when Baez suddenly realized he had a possible cash cow felon on his hands.

Here's another question I suppose I should be asking AZLawyer although she seems to be AWOL or busy on other threads.

Isn't it the job of the Trustee to investigate, clarify, justify and declare true all items of FCA's bankruptcy re her financial standing before it is submitted to the Judge?

Not including motions by lawyers of course, but the actual declarations about her submissions and assets?

Wouldn't it just be poetic if the "real" retainer is dated prior to July 18, 2008.

Does anyone else besides me remember that when FCA was first apprehended she lied about having $14,000.00 in savings AND that her first payment to Baez of a cheque for $4000.00 bounced?

I wonder how this fits in with his claim of a retainer of $500.000.00? If there ever was a retainer I suspect it may have been written closer to the sale of the ABC photo sell when Baez suddenly realized he had a possible cash cow felon on his hands.

Ask and you shall receive

Here is the link to her July 17, 2008 Application for Criminal Indigent Status
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/wp-c.../20080717-Application-for-Indigent-Status.pdf

She lists 1 Dependent (though Caylee was deceased)
She lists a take home bi-weekly income of $1,400 :floorlaugh: she took home $2,800 a month :floorlaugh: (then it is overwritten with a 0) she knew she was not employed, no job..no wages.
She lists a savings amount of $12,000 :floorlaugh:
She lists monthly expenses as $600..

The Clerk did determine she was Indigent and a Public Defender assigned

I do remember a comment made that she gave Baez a cheque in the amount of $5000 for his retainer.

Wouldn't it just be poetic if the "real" retainer is dated prior to July 18, 2008.

We have a Thread on when Baez was retained...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98158"]Was Jose Baez retained by Casey on June 17, 2008? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Richard Hornsby's post on the subject
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/attorney-of-record-in-record-time/
According to the Notice of Appearance filed by Jose Baez, he was officially her attorney of record as of 3:54 p.m. on July 17, 2008.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81978&page=13
2009.03.25 - Motions Hearing

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2..._revealed.html

Judge Says No Conflict Exists For Casey's Attorney
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:18:29 AM

UP TO THE MINUTE BLOG

11:16 a.m.: The hearing concludes.

11:12 a.m.: Judge reminds all concerned that anything said In Camera should not be released to the public. The prosecutor appeared to be offended by the comment and has a testy exchange with Baez.

11:09 a.m.: Judge asked for a sidebar with prosecution and defense.

11:07 a.m.: After recess, the judge says, "I'm convinced no conflict exists."

11:00 a.m.: Judge says they can meet In Camera immediately.

10:58 a.m.: Baez clarifies there was an initial retainer agreement with Casey Anthony on child neglect charges, that was superseded by the new retainer agreement. Judge says he wants to see the original retainer agreement.

10:57 a.m.: Anthony said she only signed one retainer agreement.

10:56 a.m.: Casey Anthony is sworn in and the judge asks her to confirm what is in her affidavit.

10:55 a.m.: Judge asks Baez if there are any other means of paying expenses in addition to Baez's firm paying them. Baez declines to answer because of confidentiality.

10:53 a.m.: In Camera means asking the questions in the judge's chambers.

10:52 a.m.: Baez asks that the judges questions be asked In Camera.

10:51 a.m.: Judge says Casey has a right to conflict-free counsel.

10:49 a.m.: Prosecution objects and says Baez has been using the podium as a way of speaking to the media.

10:48 a.m.: Baez says "We are on a very thin line of sixth amendment interference."

10:45 a.m.: Prosecution says the way Baez is being paid does not have to be made public. It can be done In Camera.

10:41 a.m.: The prosecution is arguing that if it is discovered Baez is making money off Casey's story. It could put a verdict in doubt.

10:37 a.m: The hearing has just started.

10:30 a.m.: We are waiting for the hearing to begin

IIRC, there were 2 Retainer agreements with Baez
1 when he was first retained, that was July 17, 2008 and another retainer agreement superceding the first in Dec 2008
There was a retainer agreement with LKB as well, but I think she stated when she resigned that she tore it up, she knew she was not going to get paid and began working Pro Bono.

We have a Thread on when Baez was retained...

Was Jose Baez retained by Casey on June 17, 2008? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Richard Hornsby's post on the subject
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/attorney-of-record-in-record-time/
According to the Notice of Appearance filed by Jose Baez, he was officially her attorney of record as of 3:54 p.m. on July 17, 2008.

Hello Intermezzo, I know that JB filed that, and also read his explanation of how OCA was referred to him by a jail inmate - but it does not, for me, confirm for a fact when they actually became "acquainted".

Hello Intermezzo, I know that JB filed that, and also read his explanation of how OCA was referred to him by a jail inmate - but it does not, for me, confirm for a fact when they actually became "acquainted".

I understand
They both stated he was referred to her by another inmate...during the booking process????
I will say it all happened very quickly.....

July 17th she filed an Application for Criminal Indigent Status and asked for a Public Defender
She has her first court appearance on July 17th with a female lawyer by her side
July 17th Baez filed a Notice of Appearance as her Lawyer

I understand
They both stated he was referred to her by another inmate...during the booking process????

July 17th she filed an Application for Criminal Indigent Status and asked for a Public Defender
She has her first court appearance on July 17th with a female lawyer by her side

I seem to remember something about CA had been friends with Jb's daughter. Does anyone else remember this and know more of the details.

JMO

I understand

In Richard Hornsby's Blawg, which you linked - he states he believes the connection is Jesse Grund. Baez apparently once defended him on a traffic violation.

R.H. was coming up with most likely scenarios...

I seem to remember something about CA had been friends with Jb's daughter. Does anyone else remember this and know more of the details.

JMO

IMO...rumours
She just happens to have the same name as one of Casey's friends.

I don't think Baez's daughter grew up in Orlando...I believe she grew up in Miami, with her mom.

In Richard Hornsby's Blawg, which you linked - he states he believes the connection is Jesse Grund. Baez apparently once defended him on a traffic violation.

R.H. was coming up with most likely scenarios...

Yes, I read that Theory...I didn't believe it

It was Rozzie Franco, media reporter, who asked around and told Richard Hornsby that it was BELIEVED that Baez defended Jesse in traffic court...

It is my opinion, based on the documents in evidence, that Baez NEVER had a Retainer Agreement with Casey Anthony in the amount of $ 500,000.00. Never happened. No evidence of that.

Casey Anthony NEVER had enough money nor assets to support the idea that she EVER signed a Retainer Agreement in the amount of $ 500,000.00.

When Casey Anthony was arrested, July 16, 2008, she filled out an application for INDIGENCY and asked for, and got appointment of a PUBLIC DEFENDER, because she had NO MONEY. She wrote that she had $ 1,200 in savings [George said that Baez said she had $ 1,400], and NO ASSETS or INCOME.

She has said since 2009 up until the current bankruptcy case that she is NOT selling her story and has no deals. So, how would she EVER pay Baez $ 500,000.00 or any portion thereof?

Casey Anthony signed an Affidavit March 3, 2010, for the Indigency Hearing, stating she nor Baez were selling her story. So, how would she pay $ 500,000?

Judge Stan Strickland saw the Retainer Agreement during the side conference on March 25, 2009. What was the amount on that Retainer Agreement?

Casey Anthony stated, under oath, on March 25, 2009, that she signed only ONE Retainer Agreement.

George told Detectives with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, on July 24, 2008, that Baez told George, on the day of the Bond Hearing - July 22, 2008, that Casey Anthony hired Baez and told him she had $ 5,000 [NOT $ 500,000], and had $ 1,400 now and would pay the rest [of the $ 5,000], when she got out of this.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIS0pOVTBGWFQ4OFk/edit?usp=sharing
GEORGE ANTHONY INTERVIEW July 24, 2008

Attachments

• Casey Anthony Appl Indigency 2008aa.jpg
    Casey Anthony Appl Indigency 2008aa.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 16
  • page 51 Baez said KC had 5000 George said only 1400.jpg
    page 51 Baez said KC had 5000 George said only 1400.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Casey Anthony Affidavit Retainer Agreement.jpg
    Casey Anthony Affidavit Retainer Agreement.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 13
It is my opinion, based on the documents in evidence, that Baez NEVER had a Retainer Agreement with Casey Anthony in the amount of $ 500,000.00. Never happened. No evidence of that.

Casey Anthony NEVER had enough money nor assets to support the idea that she EVER signed a Retainer Agreement in the amount of $ 500,000.00.

When Casey Anthony was arrested, she filled out an application for INDIGENCY and asked for, and got appointment of a PUBLIC DEFENDER, because she had NO MONEY. She wrote that she had $ 1,200 in savings [George said that Baez said she had $ 1,400], and NO ASSETS or INCOME.

She has said since 2009 up until the current bankruptcy case that she is NOT selling her story and has no deals. So, how would she EVER pay Baez $ 500,000.00 or any portion thereof?

Casey Anthony signed an Affidavit March 3, 2010, for the Indigency Hearing, stating she nor Baez were selling her story. So, how would she pay $ 500,000?

Judge Stan Strickland saw the Retainer Agreement during the side conference on March 25, 2009. What was the amount on that Retainer Agreement?

Casey Anthony stated, under oath, on March 25, 2009, that she signed only ONE Retainer Agreement.

George told Detectives with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, on July 24, 2008, that Baez told George, on the day of the Bond Hearing - July 22, 2008, that Casey Anthony hired Baez and told him she had
$ 5,000 [NOT $ 500,000], and had $ 1,400 now and would pay the rest [of the $ 5,000], when she got out of this.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIS0pOVTBGWFQ4OFk/edit?usp=sharing
GEORGE ANTHONY INTERVIEW July 24, 2008

I agree with you ThinkTank
From what I recall, Baez did not have the retainer agreement(s) with him that day in court
After they emerged from the in camera meeting Strickland announced there was no conflict of interest but that he would like Baez to submit the retainer agreement(s)...
I am trying to remember the sidebar...but perhaps the agreement was faxed over or brought over quickly...there was a comment from Baez about not knowing where the retainer agreement was, maybe it was thrown out..etc...

He may have had an initial retainer agreement in July 2008 but I believe he realized very quickly she lied and did not have any funds in which to pay him.

He consulted an Ethics lawyer very early on, IMO, he was looking into ways for Casey to sell such items as photos/videos in order to raise funds. At this time she had not been indicted for Murder..she was charged with child neglect, lying to LE..

I noticed in her affidavit it only mentions "story" and not photos, videos..
IIRC Baez did not wish to have her declared indigent, I think it was Andrea Lyon who convinced them to have her declared indigent.

Casey said she only signed 1 retainer agreement.
Baez said she signed 2 retainer agreements with him
Linda KB said she had a retainer agreement with Casey

Just have to give kudos to James Patterson who makes a veiled reference to not only CA, but her "ad hominem" attacking attorney in his latest Women's Murder Club mystery.
No, CA may not be today's news...but the "world" will never forget what happened to Caylee.

Cheney Mason on CNN tonite,whining about poor,poor Casey,still reviled,and can't go out in public,even after 2 years.I didn't realize just how upset I still am over this case,I was yelling my TV.Poor Casey,my butt.How about poor,poor Caylee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole