Sievers Sidebar #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KateB will be back once we get MS doc dumps. Lol.

Michael Jordan has retired a few times as well. Lol. So hopefully KateB will be back. I salute.

have fun doing real life KateB. I know I was bad but now I am good thanks to you mods.

TOTALLY AGREE with all you've stated here, beach. Well said. MS can & will manipulate BS at will. BS has lots of baggage so she can't help herself..... MS is fully aware of all aspects of his mother therefore will pounce in full survival mode at her vulnerability. It's amazing, although not surprising, how animals stalk their prey to attempt survival.

Also, Mark has been a "taker" all his life and is only concerned about himself! More than likely he has painted this fantastic picture of how wrong LE is with all their facts, blab, blab, blab. He assures her they are wrong and he will be getting out and will pay her back and who knows what other great promises he makes to her. And, Mark may throw a little dagger about the security lock not being set if Bonnie does not buy what he is saying at the moment. . .

Remember, with his personality, he has no empathy!

I was curious about collect calls from jail and whether they could be placed to a cell phone. I found this article from 2012, so some of the information might be outdated, but it is interesting nonetheless. I also did find that the inmate can have an account where funds can be deposited for calls.

ndeed, the whole idea of a collect call, made from a pay phone (remember those?) now seems quaint. Quaint, maybe, but also costly. They are very expensive if they are made from jail, as Michael, of Lusby, Md., recently discovered.

“My Verizon bill contained a $70.48 item from Zero Plus Dialing (Network Oper Svcs) for a 15 minute collect call,” Michael wrote in a ConsumerAffairs post. “From what I can tell, my son was incarcerated in a county facility about 30 miles away and the charge in question is associated with a call from him. ZPDI was willing to give me a $28.00 credit, which I turned down. Even with the credit, I am being charged about $2.83 per minute. There was no mention of a rate charge when asked if I would accept the collect call.”

Rules for collect calls
There should have been. When a consumer answers the phone and an operator asks them if they will accept a collect call from an individual, they have no way of knowing the rate. It can vary wildly, especially if it is being made by someone held in a correctional facility.

The Federal Communications Commission requires that, when an inmate places a collect call, each Operator Service Provider (OSP) must identify itself to the person receiving the call before connecting the call. Each OSP must also disclose, before connecting the call, how the receiving party may obtain rate quotations. Additionally, the OSP must permit the receiving party to terminate the telephone call at no charge before the call is connected.

These rules apply only to interstate OSP calls -- meaning calls from one state to another. Most states, however, have similar rules for intrastate OSP calls -- calls that occur within a single state.

Collect calls are much rarer than they once were and usually carry a very high rate per minute. But the rate of a collect call from a correctional facility is usually even higher.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2012/06/collect-calls-from-jail-are-costly.html

Multiple Payment Options Available for Inmate Telephone Service
GTL provides the opportunity for inmate telephone accounts to be created and minutes purchased through multiple payment solutions. These accounts can be managed through ConnectNetwork.com, an industry leader in correctional payment services and GTL approved payment solution.

DEBIT: Debit calling puts the inmate in control of their phone account. They will be able to purchase debit minutes from the commissary, which they can then use to call friends and family members.

Friends and family members are also able to purchase phone minutes for an inmate’s debit account by creating an Offender Phone account through ConnectNetwork.com. Once the payment has been made, the amount is credited to the offender and may be used to make phone calls to any allowed phone number.

Inmates can call any approved phone numbers, including cell phones, with their debit account.

PREPAID COLLECT: GTL’s prepaid collect option, AdvancePay®, allows a friend or family member to set up a calling account to his or her phone number without the restrictions of standard billing. Every time calls are made and accepted to a prepaid number, the charges are deducted from the account. Prepaid accounts can be set up for all types of numbers, including cell phones. Friends and family should visit ConnectNetwork.com or call 800.483.8314 to set up an AdvancePay® account today!

http://www.gtl.net/in-telephone-service/

I was curious about collect calls from jail and whether they could be placed to a cell phone. I found this article from 2012, so some of the information might be outdated, but it is interesting nonetheless. I also did find that the inmate can have an account where funds can be deposited for calls.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2012/06/collect-calls-from-jail-are-costly.html

http://www.gtl.net/in-telephone-service/

Maybe the Judge will so order MS to set up a phone account so MS via Bonnie S and his family put phone monies in such account to pay dor his own phone calls. Not fair taht the burden of payment is all on Grandma Mary....especially if the calls are dollars per minute. Also, MS may be making calls to BS and talking to girls without supervision....that may be some of the evidence coming into play.

Maybe the Judge will so order MS to set up a phone account so MS via Bonnie S and his family put phone monies in such account to pay dor his own phone calls. Not fair taht the burden of payment is all on Grandma Mary....especially if the calls are dollars per minute. Also, MS may be making calls to BS and talking to girls without supervision....that may be some of the evidence coming into play.

I was thinking along those same lines too, MsJosie. That was only one company that offered the service and there are many others out there, so it seems like a reasonable thing to do. It would definitely cut down on the multiple calls per day, IMHO, if there was a set amount in the account for reasonable phone visitation per month (once a week or whatever). As it was pointed out earlier, he can write letters at will and as often as he chooses.

**IMO, Mark wants the phone because everything in writing is permanent in a way. Voice conversations are not unless they are recorded.**

I thought Mimi was MAG and Gammy was BS (thought that was what BS or MS said today)

:floorlaugh: oh my

Aww and JR knew MS was with Teresa's family. The only mom in the equation was BS. I might be reading into the note more than I should, but given the latest turn of events, I can't help but wonder.

And, BS was taking notes during her interview with LE, yes? I think that deserves another watch. I could be wrong or stepping out of bounds, but some of this feels wrong to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper