Size 12 Panties

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shylock said:
The dictionary being open and dog-eared to the word "incest" tells us it was the kid.
IF you believe Steve Thomas, this dictionary was open on some PRIOR occasion when a photograph was taken. How many people take photographs of the family dictionary? Or does he claim this is some background object yet he can discern what page the dictionary is open to? Please go through your family photo album and tell us if you find any photos of dictionaries.

Do you really believe Steve Thomas anyway?

Wow. SIX pages of posts on a little girls panties. I wonder sometimes. I surely do.

Toth said:
Wow. SIX pages of posts on a little girls panties. I wonder sometimes. I surely do.

Just what is it you wonder about? YOU are the one who seems obsessed with "panties" as evidenced by your inability to mention Fleet White WITHOUT mentioning "panty changing" Fleet White. So we all wonder as well Toth.

BTW, Where is your disclaimer? Blueclouds, Toth?

Those are the rules here. Why do you spit in the face of admininstrative requests?

Toth said:
IF you believe Steve Thomas, this dictionary was open on some PRIOR occasion when a photograph was taken. How many people take photographs of the family dictionary?

What are you talking about Toth! Why don't you read Page 263 in Thomas' book and you might learn that it was a poloroid evidence photo that shows the dictionary dog-eared to the word "incest". It wasn't a photo the Ramseys took.

Toth said:
Actually, I would.

We are all supposed to follow the evidence where it leads. In this case, the evidence says you would not, because you have been presented with the opportunity to express offense and you have not. Therefore, action speaking louder than pixels, you would not.

Shylock said:
What are you talking about Toth! Why don't you read Page 263 in Thomas' book and you might learn that it was a poloroid evidence photo that shows the dictionary dog-eared to the word "incest". It wasn't a photo the Ramseys took.
Irrespective of what may or may not appear in his novel, I was going by the deposition testimony which ofcourse may be a work of fiction also.

Polaroid? POLAROID? what kind of police dept takes crime scene photos in Polaroid rather than 35mm?

Oh.

Nevermind.

Maybe it was a polaroid photo from the family's home collection.

Toth said:
Irrespective of what may or may not appear in his novel, I was going by the deposition testimony which ofcourse may be a work of fiction also.

Please post the deposition testimony.

IMO

LovelyPigeon said:

Yes, the Ramseys are proud of their down-home redneck incestual nature. So they staged the dictionary and took photos to send to their southern kiss'n cousins.

IMOoooooooooooo

Shylock said:

85KKY is the source of the photo, And as with items 86KKY and 87KKY these were items seized from the home of the Ramseys such as the note in JBR's wastebasket. They were not photos taken by the police..why would a police photo be marked as evidence and seized pursuant to a search warrant?

Can't dredge it up from the brain cells, but I believe it was a deposition wherein he spoke of a magnifying glass looking at a photo ... and glossed over the fact that this was a photo seized by Yamaguchi who was also seizing various other disks and videotapes, ie, things that already existed, not photos that were being taken by the police then. What ST is saying is that a photo in their photo album shows a dictionary which when he looks at it under a magnifying glass he claims is open to the word 'incest'.

lol... What difference does it make who took the photo? A photo speaks for itself.

An evidence photo would be representative of that night; a prior photo would mean nothing.

LovelyPigeon said:
Polaroid? POLAROID? what kind of police dept takes crime scene photos in Polaroid rather than 35mm?

Oh.

Nevermind.

The LAPD take Polaroids, I know NYPD do, Washington DC police do. Basically, most forensic photography incorporates Polaroid film at some point. Do you find this remarkable?

http://www.forensicfocus.net/gallery/

The educational sessions were followed by vendor presentations from Polaroid and Olympus. Polaroid's Dan Cavazos shared with attendees numerous tips on documenting evidence through forensic photography, while forensic chemist Robert Blackledge explained the growing importance of glitter as trace evidence and the ability to view it through new digital microscope technology.

http://www.forensicfocus.net/az_03/agenda.html

Photographic Documentation of Injuries
Instant photography is a reliable and effective tool for first response officers and health care professionals. Receive hands-on practice with two instant camera systems, the Macro 5 SLR Camera and the Spectra Close-up Kit, designed specifically for injury and forensic documentation.

http://www.polaroid.com/global/prin...2574488338439&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524441760341

According to Ms. Coleman, when it comes to capturing extreme close-ups of injuries, such as bite marks, subtle superficial scratches or abrasions, the Polaroid Macro 5 is superb.

The Polaroid Spectra AF cameras also are very effective for close-up photography.

For Ms. Coleman and her colleagues, the Polaroid cameras make an emotionally challenging job just a little easier. "What's nice about the Polaroid cameras is, you don't have to be a photographic wizard to get great results. They pretty much do everything for you, including let you know how close to stand. And, they're the type of camera that you can train on, not use for six months, but then just pick up and use immediately without difficulty. To be honest, the cameras are a blessing."

Instant photography also provides two additional advantages to the forensic examiner. By the very nature of it being instant, the examiner can look at the photo and immediately evaluate if they've captured the image they need. This sort of timely inspection of the documentary evidence is simply not possible with traditional 35 mm photography.

http://www.pimall.com/nais/bkp.photo.html

APPLIED POLICE AND FIRE PHOTOGRAPHY
A Bible For Investigative Photography
By Raymound P. Siljander

Here is a college level course on investigative photography long considered the bible on the subject. Contents include: General Aspects Of Forensic Photography, Cameras, Lens And Film, Care Of Photography Equipment, Filters, Exposure Determination, Flash Photography, Crime Scene Photography, Arson And Questionable Fires, Traffic Accident Photography, Deaths, Surveillance Photography, Identification Photography, Close-Up Photography, Photomicography, Copying Techniques, Document Examinations Employing Photographs, Fingerprint Photography, Impression And Tool Mark Photography, Polaroid Photography, Photographic Court Exhibits, Miscellaneous Problems And Considerations.

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000mTc

What camera to document assault injuries?

Polaroid! Its very hard to re shoot these type photos if you get your film back from the lab and find out that either you or the lab goofed! with a polaroid you will have it now and know if you got it good enough.<br>Now if they were asigning me this duty I would have both a polaroid and a SLR ! I am not so sure about the 50mm lens on the slr though! I suppose it could be made to work but I cant see where distorting a assaulted persons face is any beter than distorting a non assaulted persons face ?

Well, my car was just broken into and the police arrived with a Polaroid camera. I think I'd agree with what other people have said, you need to have immediately visible results. You have no chance for a reshoot.

Like most of those above, I suggest Polaroid. With 35mm, which is used by a lot of police departments, you would have to do your own processing, to (1) make absolutely sure that the photos were not lost and (2) to protect the privacy of the patients. If the photos wind up in court, Polaroid (or doing your own processing) make it possible to establish that you had continuous possession of the photographs.

I would recommend the Polaroid Macro 5 or Macro 3 over any other Polaroid models for this purpose. Both were designed with medical documentation in mind and both have a pretty foolproof focusing and centering mechanism that will allow just about anyone to take usable clinical photographs. Simplicity and immediate verification are needed for this kind of photography and these models are capable of providing both.

Christina, Hector's got your answer--Polaroid cameras are an established tool for forensic documentation. Polaroid has a camera called the MACRO 5 SLR, which is designed, among other things, for healthcare and law enforcement uses.

I work at a facility for persons with developmental disabilities and we use polaroid to document injuries. We also use a film pack with grid lines already in it to judge the size of the injured area.

Christina, the film pack that Blair refers to is the Polaroid GridFilm. Besides the MACRO 5 SLR, there's a Polaroid camera kit set that's specially cater to forensic photography at a cheaper cost: the Polaroid Spectra LE Close-Up Kit (click on the URL and scroll down the page). Here's a website with lots of useful info on forensic photography: http://police2.ucr.edu/photo.htm. Cheers.

I can understand why paid representatives of Polaroid would pitch their products to law enforcement or anyone else. That's what salesperson do.

But why LE would use instant camera photography for crime scene documentation is beyond me.

Toth said:
An evidence photo would be representative of that night; a prior photo would mean nothing.
Mean nothing? In a family whose daughter was chronically sexually molested (per majority expert opinion) and ends up sexually abused and dead?

Nope, that's not "nothing".... that's a significant clue to solving the crime.

Anyway, we've seen no proof that it wasn't a crime scene photo taken by police.

LovelyPigeon said:
I can understand why paid representatives of Polaroid would pitch their products to law enforcement or anyone else. That's what salesperson do.

But why LE would use instant camera photography for crime scene documentation is beyond me.

Look at the photonet link. Those people are not paid representatives of Polaroid. They are users of Polaroid cameras for forensic documentation, and they lay out exactly why they use that system. Read closer, you will see Polaroid makes special models of their cameras specifically for law enforcement. Have you seen the movie "Silence of the Lambs"? In the scene where a victim is having the inside of her throat photographed during an autopsy, they are using one of the special Polaroid cameras. We are not talking about a fifteen-dollar Polaroid you buy at the drugstore. And as the search warrants revealed, the Ramseys did not own a Polaroid camera to take pictures with. They owned two 35mm cameras (one a Pentax) and several rolls of 35mm film.

I'm sorry, but search warrants do not indicate, nor are they meant to, every item that anyone owns.

Polaroid and other instant camera films do not elarge by negative like 35 mm cameras do. They also cannot focus and reproduce to prints with the precision that 35mm.

whynutt, if want to endorse instant photos for forensic use, that's fine with me. I don't.

LovelyPigeon said:
I know what you mean, but considering the abilities of the BPD they might not have much choice.

Britt said:
In a family whose daughter was chronically sexually molested (per majority expert opinion) and ends up dead?
You seem to ignore the views of the experienced and particularly alert pediatrician who actually saw her and you seem to forget that this was a very personable and assertive young girl who was well protected in a loving family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back