Skeletal Remains of Child Found Near Anthony Home 12-11-2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that that area was underwater for a long time due to the hurricanes, then a fency went up for some reason...

I'm so happy she was found.

Lets think about this - if there was duct tape on the mouth, when she was first put there, the duct tape would not be on the skull - duct tape does not stay on wet surfaces, it congeals then falls off - so to say there was duct tape on the mouth is conjecture - if the tests come back and say there is forensic evidence on the duct tape with human decomposure then I would say that the tape was over her mouth - AND I'm sure the tape was there in case she was found to support a kidnapping theory

watching locally. The A's were taken off their plane from LA, down a set of stairs that run beside the gateway, and taken away in a private van.

JB or his spokespeople may make a statement later today/this eve.

Not sure if this was posted earlier, can't check - sources close to OSCO have confirmed to NBC and local WESH 2 News that duct tape was found over the mouth of the skeleton. I have no confirmation of this (obviously), only reporting what I'm hearing on the local news.

TM on the scene now.

I guess I am confused on how duct tape could be on the mouth of a skeleton. I would have thought it would stay on the skin which should have come off by now...I think...

<snipped cuz WS is slowww>

Originally Posted by impatientredhead
That I don't know, but this location is right next to where Tony said he picked her up walking back from running out of gas. On a backroad she used to cut through the neighborhood. Someone in chat just pointed out that maybe Caylee was in the trunk when the happened, she had to call Tony for help and walk away from her vehicle, she couldn't very well walk away with her dead daughter in the trunk. That would explain this location and the only being 20-30 feet off the road. She must have intended to come back and find a better burial spot but never got around to it.

I believe you are on to something here..................

Lets think about this - if there was duct tape on the mouth, when she was first put there, the duct tape would not be on the skull - duct tape does not stay on wet surfaces, it congeals then falls off - so to say there was duct tape on the mouth is conjecture - if the tests come back and say there is forensic evidence on the duct tape with human decomposure then I would say that the tape was over her mouth - AND I'm sure the tape was there in case she was found to support a kidnapping theory

I have to tell you that I have used duct tape to repair my pool filter hoses because of its resistance to water. I have always had the motto that duct tape fixes everything and have even used it to close a wound that needed stitches until I got to the hospital.

Read more here, you will find that there more than likey be alot of evidence to be gleaned it duct tape was on or around that baby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

I think this is exactly what happened...how horrible.

I guess I am confused on how duct tape could be on the mouth of a skeleton. I would have thought it would stay on the skin which should have come off by now...I think...

True.

Maybe it was barley hanging on to ..... um, something.. hmm..

ugh, we might have to wait a week maybe two for an ID.

I have a feeling, and I've had this feeling for a long time, that another Anthony is going to be arrested.

I think George, at the very least, has known that Caylee was dead since the afternoon of June 24th. At the very worst he assisted Casey in disposing of the body.

The Police Report he filed about the stolen gas cans is a crock of BS & I also think it was GA that gave KC a ride from her house to the amscott on the morning of June 27th.

I think if anyone REALLY knew or helped her after the fact to move the body, it would be CIndy. I agree, more arrest will come.

I understand the Anthony's have said, no matter what, they will not believe it is Caylee.

I am very thankful that the lord sent this man off into the woods at the right time. I pray so hard for the gentlemen who found our Caylee, and I pray hard for those there now working the crime scene. I pray that the world gets closure, and mostly I pray for the Anthonys not because of anything they did wrong, but for all that they did right in this child's life. I pray for Tim tonight, I pray for Leonard, I pray for Yuri and all of the detectives, and I pray for each of you here at Websleuths to be able to sleep tonight with a lighter heart than what we have had for months.
I thank Caylee for teaching this cruel world the signs to look for in parents who do not need children.
:blowkiss:
Thank you, and please let me join you in those prayers. God bless everyone, and help us all through this horrible tragedy. I'm especially praying for Cindy and George. I know their pain will never be assuaged.

however, if duct tape was used tightly around the mouth and back of the skull,it could still be wrapped around the open jaw and skull, like a rope.

I sure hope LE checks the duct tape for dog and cat hairs. I know I watch too many crime stories but I just saw one recently where a murder victim was bound with duct tape and the killer had a dog. The dogs hair was found on the tape. The A's have a cat and dogs so it's possible there could have been some transfer there. My heart does go out to the A's because they have lost a grandaughter whom they loved very much. Maybe now they can get on with the healing part of all of this but I have a feeling CA won't stop this mission she's on and I don't think GA has the parts of his body he was born with to take charge of the situation. Very sad day for all of us but hopefully we will find out the rest of the story and mommy dearest will end up where she belongs. The guy upstairs will take care of business when KC gets there..

Nurses know where bodies leak from, (facial orifices as well as others). A Nurse would know that if you are trying to dispose of a body without leaving all types of DNA in the transport vehicle, you would want to tape off certain orifices. Like the nose and mouth.

Just a thought.

Channel6 reporter said KC usually laughs or chuckles at JB's comments when the meet in jail. Sources said that when JB broke the news she had a look of dismay etc.

I have to tell you that I have used duct tape to repair my pool filter hoses because of its resistance to water. I have always had the motto that duct tape fixes everything and have even used it to close a wound that needed stitches until I got to the hospital.

Read more here, you will find that there more than likey be alot of evidence to be gleaned it duct tape was on or around that baby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

Well I have bought expensive, mid price and low price duct tape - none of them have stayed on in water - I have some on a screen which I have to replace after it rains - my daughter put some on a spot on her car and we had to replace it after it rains

How would duct tape be on a skull over the mouth after the flesh is gone? While the flesh is disappearing the duct tape just stays on through the levels? I'm thinking not - all I've heard is duct tape in the bag, not on anything - I'd tend to believe that over it stayed on anything

If any of our super ping map posters are here, I hope someone will compare the ping maps to the location of this little angel.
I started a thread in the sticky forum if anyone has thoughts on that.

They said the FBI would not allow Baez to have experts present in their lab for the autopsy and examination. She is to be flown to Quantico.

Gotta wonder if this is a deliberate move on the state, DrG is certainly no slacker when it comes to finding what happened, but here JB could send his "expert" to observe whatever was going on. By sending Caylee to Quantico, the feds don't have to let anyone in to see what's going on.

i have a feeling that it wasnt a little piece of duct tape over the mouth. i think it was probably wrapped around the head... to cover her face so 'whoever' did this didnt have to look at her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en