Skeletal Remains of Child Found Near Anthony Home 12-11-2008 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baden's theories do seem to check out in the end. He seems to know what he is talking about instead of just running his mouth to hear his brain rattle.

Tonight on Greta, Dr. Baden had a roll of duct tape and demonstrated that one has to have bare hands (no gloves on) in order to slip a fingernail under the tape and pull it off the roll. He showed how one usually has a thumb on the sticky side of the tape - leaving a good fingerprint, and how often people will bite the tape to tear it off the roll. He said that they've found tooth impressions in duct tape, which I would imagine could be used like a fingerprint to identify the suspect. It was a good demo!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (I usually don't post because all of you are way too quick for me :) ) but what about the hair. I know in six months most of the soft tissue has probably worn away, but what would happen to hair? Would it still be there?

I am just trying to figure out how the person who discovered the bag was so sure it was a little girl. If it is there, could that expedite the DNA analysis?

Thanks

Now that we can look back a bit, I wonder why Casey did some of the things that she did...hiring Baez for one. I mean I have a 22 year old and if she found herself being arrested she would look to me for help. She would assume I would find the best attorney for her. I could never get why if this was the loving family they proclaimed to be that Casey took it upon herself to do the hiring. She may not be a baby, but in my book she's still a young adult. Why didn't she look to her family then for guidance? What was really going on inside that house? (I've questioned that from Day 31)

I think Casey sticking with JB in the face of her family and their doubts about his motives and abilities, was merely a power play and smug act of defiance. Casey is confident that if not out wit, she can at very least snow those around her with her flurry of "mis-truths". She doesn't need the best because in her own mind she is the best. A real mental giant :bang: , how sweet it is that her laziness will be her ultimate downfall.

Baden's theories do seem to check out in the end. He seems to know what he is talking about instead of just running his mouth to hear his brain rattle.

I don't know about him...did you see him in the first Spector trial?:eek::eek:

I saw that too and had to smile..........Kimberly is not afraid to take on anyone when it comes to criminal cases. It certainly was a very interesting exchange! :)

LOL! I like her too...and she sure was ready to pounce. I don't recall him saying a word either. Maybe it went to commercial break, I don't remember, my brain is mush. ..OK..more mush than usual..:)

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (I usually don't post because all of you are way too quick for me :) ) but what about the hair. I know in six months most of the soft tissue has probably worn away, but what would happen to hair? Would it still be there?

I am just trying to figure out how the person who discovered the bag was so sure it was a little girl. If it is there, could that expedite the DNA analysis?

Thanks

I think hair last a long time. I still have one of my son's first curls and he is 16 now.

Thanks

Hair takes longer to decompose. I believe this is why initial report state "girl's remains" were found. moo

I'm not a dna expert, but I'm thinking they will try to match the hair found in the trunk to hair found on the scene ( if indeed there was hair found).

I thought about the hair as well....I thought it could have been up in a pony tale...

Now that we can look back a bit, I wonder why Casey did some of the things that she did...hiring Baez for one. I mean I have a 22 year old and if she found herself being arrested she would look to me for help. She would assume I would find the best attorney for her. I could never get why if this was the loving family they proclaimed to be that Casey took it upon herself to do the hiring. She may not be a baby, but in my book she's still a young adult. Why didn't she look to her family then for guidance? What was really going on inside that house? (I've questioned that from Day 31)

I have ideas but they are so warped I just don't type them. This "family 'aint right". My children are all in their 20's now and yes folks call CA controlling and yes, she is but only about some things. When it comes to the attorney that is going to plead for her daughters life CA seems very ambivalant. Myself, I would take control, make sure the kid had the best attorney, I am after all, older, wiser more experienced. Very valid questions you have. I have repeatedly asked these myself and only come up with more questions:
Why do they isolate themselves so?
Why do they not have any friends?
Why did KC not bring friends to the house when CA & GA were home?
Why does the extended family not come forward to defend this family?
What about LA friends?
Where are the A's co-workers and why are they not defending the A's?

I still have my 7 year olds braid....its been 9 years since she died....and it was cut after she died....

Thanks
Since it was kept out of the elements by the plastic, it is probable there will be additional hair inside the bag. It it my understanding it could be used not only for DNA testing, but drugs and other things could possibly be tested for.

He could have assumed immediately it was Caylee and could account for his belief it was a small female. Still, the hair would be a good indicator with the length. We did hear a rumor there was a ponytail holder at one point, too. (has not been confirmed)

You know, the thing that bothers me is that with Caylee's small mouth, she wouldn't have been able to tear off a small piece easily. I don't think she would have taken the time to get a knife myself. If the tape is still there, she wrapped it around her whole head around the mouth area. Certainly a sad thought, but it makes more sense to me than just her mouth being taped, and I am sure the tape formed to where it was, to me, that could be the only way it was still there:confused:
speaking of a knife, IIRC there was a knife found in the car, and CA washed it...... don't remember where in the car it was when she found it.

I think hair last a long time. I still have one of my son's first curls and he is 16 now.

Doesn't it keep growing after death too? I heard nails do too, but I could be totally off the wall. Wouldn't be the first time.

I still have my 7 year olds braid....its been 9 years since she died....and it was cut after she died....
Ok...now that just made me start crying all over again...TakeNote...are you ok?

Tonight on Greta, Dr. Baden had a roll of duct tape and demonstrated that one has to have bare hands (no gloves on) in order to slip a fingernail under the tape and pull it off the roll. He showed how one usually has a thumb on the sticky side of the tape - leaving a good fingerprint, and how often people will bite the tape to tear it off the roll. He said that they've found tooth impressions in duct tape, which I would imagine could be used like a fingerprint to identify the suspect. It was a good demo!

I saw that too, and I think he also said DNA got sealed right in with the sticky part of the tape. (from the biting of the tape!)

thanks always.....i have had a lot of support and a wonderful husband and two little ones to keep me going :) I was pg at the time she died....and I treasure the blessing everyday

Okay, I still have my great-great-great grandma's braids....... Weird, I know, but true...

I have ideas but they are so warped I just don't type them. This "family 'aint right". My children are all in their 20's now and yes folks call CA controlling and yes, she is but only about some things. When it comes to the attorney that is going to plead for her daughters life CA seems very ambivalant. Myself, I would take control, make sure the kid had the best attorney, I am after all, older, wiser more experienced. Very valid questions you have. I have repeatedly asked these myself and only come up with more questions:
Why do they isolate themselves so?
Why do they not have any friends?
Why did KC not bring friends to the house when CA & GA were home?
Why does the extended family not come forward to defend this family?
What about LA friends?
Where are the A's co-workers and why are they not defending the A's?
All great questions...I've also been wondering if all the "in your face" partying was part of her warped scheme. Perhaps she thought that if she put herself out there having a dandy 'ole time no one would think she had just killed her daughter. I think there was more to her plan, but she got caught before she saw it through to the end.

RR Im fine.....but this case has really hit me hard....I never bloged until Caylee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro