Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you dont think I sounded rude. It wasnt meant to be.

I dont go to topix anymore, not even to read since today since I heard there was alot of bad mouthing going on. It just upsets me that people can be so rude and stupid. lol So I am staying away.

:blowkiss:
I lasted a mere two weeks on the site and got fed up. There was way too much back talking, mean talking, gossiping and sniping going on.
I much prefer the people on here :blowkiss:

looks like it's just the 3 of us on here. Hi GS
I still haven't heard a definitive time for the press conference.

Okay, I'll probably get hammered for this one but if Peter was not home and was trying to get ahold of the girls, and he came home to find them, would he not drive down the road??? Why park the car, walk inside looking for them? and then walk to find them - especially if you were worried about them because they weren't answering their cell phones? Maybe that's exactly what happened but something just "ain't sittin' right" with me.

This has come up a lot so obviously a lot of people don't think the way I do. I would have parked, run in, checked the house, the backyard, the girl's clubhouse, the barn then asked my spouse to keep calling and gone looking on foot. It's the country, maybe the girls are not on the road, but out in a pasture somewhere or at the creek? Walking is just as fast and you can see more and hear better and go places a car can't. And I think if the girls phones were ringing, he might have heard them from the end of the driveway when he went out to look down the road to see if they were coming and he MIGHT have even seen Taylor's body and not realized exactly what he was seeing. He wouldn't have heard the phones at that distance in the car, but without the noise, or closed windows and AC inside a car, it is very possible he heard the phones ringing from his house. Think about it, when your kid is hurt or in danger you RUN TO THEM, not drive over. It's instinct, fight or flight adrenaline charged instinct. He hears the sound and he just takes off.

At that point I believe Peter forgot phone, car everything and just ran. I would have. I think he drove home thinking he would find the girls at home, just goofing around with Taylor's horse or something and they forgot to take their phones. I think once he searched - and didn't find them on the property - at that point he probably started to get the hinky feeling that something was very very wrong. At that point he did what seemed natural, he ran, not for the car keys, but to find the girls. Humans aren't programmed to DRIVE - we're programmed to RUN.

I have been in many adrenaline charged - people are hurt, people are in immediate danger, people need help - situations and people RUN. Sometimes they drop everything in their hands before running, sometimes not, but not once did anyone in any of those situations even THINK about getting in their car, even if they had to run a couple of blocks or more away from their car to help or respond. And what's even more surprising is that people that are driving when they SEE someone who needs help often throw their car into park and get out and run to help on foot - you don't see people who aren't trained to do so, drive their cars over to render aid in an emergency.

From our impersonal perspective at a distance now, it doesn't seem right or logical that Peter would have run or walked (without his phone even) to find the girls, but in in situations like this one people are acting on primal urges (not logic) to get to (or find or save) their loved one. And that primal urge says RUN!!! It seems perfectly natural to me for Peter to go on foot and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact it might have bothered me more if he calmly got everything together and went out and got back into the car to drive around looking for the girls on the road.

My Opinion

This has come up a lot so obviously a lot of people don't think the way I do. I would have parked, run in, checked the house, the backyard, the girl's clubhouse, the barn then asked my spouse to keep calling and gone looking on foot. It's the country, maybe the girls are not on the road, but out in a pasture somewhere or at the creek? Walking is just as fast and you can see more and hear better and go places a car can't. And I think if the girls phones were ringing, he might have heard them from the end of the driveway when he went out to look down the road to see if they were coming and he MIGHT have even seen Taylor's body and not realized exactly what he was seeing. He wouldn't have heard the phones at that distance in the car, but without the noise, or closed windows and AC inside a car, it is very possible he heard the phones ringing from his house. Think about it, when your kid is hurt or in danger you RUN TO THEM, not drive over. It's instinct, fight or flight adrenaline charged instinct. He hears the sound and he just takes off.

At that point I believe Peter forgot phone, car everything and just ran. I would have. I think he drove home thinking he would find the girls at home, just goofing around with Taylor's horse or something and they forgot to take their phones. I think once he searched - and didn't find them on the property - at that point he probably started to get the hinky feeling that something was very very wrong. At that point he did what seemed natural, he ran, not for the car keys, but to find the girls. Humans aren't programmed to DRIVE - we're programmed to RUN.

I have been in many adrenaline charged - people are hurt, people are in immediate danger, people need help - situations and people RUN. Sometimes they drop everything in their hands before running, sometimes not, but not once did anyone in any of those situations even THINK about getting in their car, even if they had to run a couple of blocks or more away from their car to help or respond. And what's even more surprising is that people that are driving when they SEE someone who needs help often throw their car into park and get out and run to help on foot - you don't see people who aren't trained to do so, drive their cars over to render aid in an emergency.

From our impersonal perspective at a distance now, it doesn't seem right or logical that Peter would have run or walked (without his phone even) to find the girls, but in in situations like this one people are acting on primal urges (not logic) to get to (or find or save) their loved one. And that primal urge says RUN!!! It seems perfectly natural to me for Peter to go on foot and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact it might have bothered me more if he calmly got everything together and went out and got back into the car to drive around looking for the girls on the road.

My Opinion
I live out where the houses are a little way apart, and a couple of times when my dog has disappeared, I have driven around the area looking. Later I walked it. If I wasn't getting an answer from the girls and thought something was wrong, I think I would have driven it first, so if something was wrong I would have the car to put them in to get help. I don't understand why it was kept secret that they may not have been home. This has been a strange case with conflicting stories. Just because they weren't home doesn't mean that it could not have been someone in the family who killed them and others made a quick trip to get an alibi. I don't think anything can be ruled out at this point. I think the POI could have possibly just come up on the bodies, stopped to look, and got out of there because he was afraid he would be blamed. Early in the case I had a dream that it was teenagers and the girls knew some of them. I really don't know what I think now, but I hope we have some answers after the news conference. I wonder if the conference is because Rose and others are starting to talk and people are realizing the story we heard at first may not be exactly right. I hope we hear some of the autopsy report.

Old or new news? Been a bit preoccupied....is this new?

Police releasing 911 call
[SIZE=-1]NewsOK.com (subscription) - Oklahoma City,OK,USA
... information regarding "different investigative techniques” being used to determine who shot Taylor Placker, 13, and her best friend, Skyla Whitaker, 11. ...[/SIZE]

news conference sometime today.
You know if the house was empty, they could have been running from the house. If no one was home, who even knew if they walked to the bridge.

Does anyone know who or what site would be giving a live lead? Local tv station that is going to air this?

My Opinion

That is exactly what I would do. I would come into my driveway, run into the house just to make sure they weren't there or out back somewhere and had inadvertently cut their phones off or were just clowning around and had placed it elsewhere where they couldn't hear it ringing. Then I would immediately set out on foot to search for them.

Even though I am sure Pete Placker was concerned why they weren't answering their phones and where they were, never in a million years IMOO did he think something like this had befallen the girls. I can understand why he didn't even take his cell phone with him. IMO, he fully expected to find the girls lallygagging around and thought he would find them and tell them to hurry home.

I can also understand why he walked rather than took his truck to go such a short distance. He, I am sure was checking each side of the ditches and looking into the wooded areas hoping to see them clowning around and goofing off.

I am so hoping that new information and evidence is revealed today but somehow I feel this PC is just to let the citizens know they have not forgotten this case and want them to know it is still being investigated rigorously.

imoo

news conference sometime today.
You know if the house was empty, they could have been running from the house. If no one was home, who even knew if they walked to the bridge.

The witness who OSBI said is credible saw the girls walking that day.

The investigators also saw their footprints and even knew that Taylor's dog was with them that day.

imoo

Hi Y'all. The News Conference will be held today around 10:00 live feed on Channel Fox 23, my channel here in Tulsa.

thank you BB
So all we should have to do is go to the home page for fox 23 7 it will be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr