Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me if we know how long the Plackers have been married?
Don't think we know exactly but they have children together that are in their mid-20's so I would say 25-30 years probably.

My Opinion

Don't think we know exactly but they have children together that are in their mid-20's so I would say 25-30 years probably.

My Opinion

Flower I ask because of the whole Paschal-Placker thing. There are four biological kids that we know of. Jessie and Jennifer are Paschals. And they've got the 'cutesy' matched J names that mothers often give their children. Linda and Chris are Plackers. Linda looks like Peter and so does Taylor, imo but neither of them look anything like Vicky. I'm kinda wondering if Peter and Vicky brought two children each into the marriage and Vicky hyphenated her name when they married to bridge the gap.

And I found this... I don't know if it's been posted previously http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=231294327

This is Jennifer Paschal. I don't know if it's THE Jennifer Paschal, but it's common for people to use the zip code of the largest city near them on MySpace to prevent sicko's from tracking them down. If by some coincidence this IS 'Our" Jennifer, then she, like Linda is also 27 years old.

Just grasping at straws...........

Well...I guess the "tugging on the heart strings" approach isn't working. Maybe they need to come up with something else now. Here is is Friday and we know nothing will happen over the weekend. It is really frustrating.

Hi SS
Thanks for the avatar ~
I agree, the ploy didn't work. Zip zilch nada

I have a packet of information re: missing man Michael Tapley that has a teeny thread on here. Do I need to go thru the mods to post this stuff? And how do I get WS'ers to go to the thread to read the new information?

I wonder what size boxes they will use to store the files when they move this case to storage? I wonder if they already have the boxes?

Hi SS
Thanks for the avatar ~
I agree, the ploy didn't work. Zip zilch nada

I have a packet of information re: missing man Michael Tapley that has a teeny thread on here. Do I need to go thru the mods to post this stuff? And how do I get WS'ers to go to the thread to read the new information?
While this is very off topic, no...you can post whatever you feel is neccessary, but if you were given this "packet" by the family...you need to ask if there is something they do not wish to post as a courtesy.

Add the link to your signature to help drum up some interest on the thread. :)

Just checking in to see if there was anything new ... I had to take a break all day from reading because I'm sooo discouraged that there's nothing new to go on and my heart just keeps breaking thinking the killer(s) will never be found. God Bless to all.

I took a break also & with then trying to switch forum over I thought OH Good I won't be tempted.. My house needs me...

I woke up this am thinking WOW today is Fri & a week ago we had high hopes.. we might learn something. Hopes all dashed to ---

What I want to know is how long does it take for this to be a "cold case" and at that time can an investigation be held to find out why so many false or misleading reports.. & can the LE be held responsible for not looking into the backgrounds in depth..If I were the family & really was at a lost of who was involved .. you can bet your sweet___ I would take part of that $$ & hire a Private Eye..

I took a break also & with then trying to switch forum over I thought OH Good I won't be tempted.. My house needs me...

I woke up this am thinking WOW today is Fri & a week ago we had high hopes.. we might learn something. Hopes all dashed to ---

What I want to know is how long does it take for this to be a "cold case" and at that time can an investigation be held to find out why so many false or misleading reports.. & can the LE be held responsible for not looking into the backgrounds in depth..If I were the family & really was at a lost of who was involved .. you can bet your sweet___ I would take part of that $$ & hire a Private Eye..

You and me both. Maybe some PI would take the case pro bono ... the anguish this family must feel day in and day out and have no answers.

This case isn't even 2 months old yet.....hardly "cold". It isn't unusual for cases where the killer isn't obvious to go 6-12 months before the 1st arrest is made. For all we know the OSBI has a very good idea of who did this, but without a witness to testify against them they can't prove it - THAT might be the reason for the guilt inducing 911 call being released after all this time....not to get the killer(s), but witnesses.

We have no idea what angles or evidence or calls OSBI is working right now. They may have gotten 1000 phone calls after the 911 tape aired, we don't know. OSBI could very well have the ID of the killer(s) and it might take 4 weeks for them to verify everything and make an announcement that a suspect (or suspects) has been arrested. In addition, if this turns out to involve the Bandidos, minors, or an extended family member it's going to move forward like molasses in winter. They are going to monitor the suspects for a long time, all the while gathering evidence and statements to sure the case is iron-clad.

I think the POI has been in touch (anonymously) with LE. I think the OSBI has a pretty good idea who did this - if not specifically, at least generally. I think it's tied to the families somehow and they are working with extreme care to make sure that they do not implicate someone who had nothing (personally) to do with this, but was the motive for it happening.

I just don't believe this was some random nutcase (And I don't think OSBI does either) - random nutcases don't go nuts for 10 minutes and then go back to being their normal, mild mannered selves. No other children (or people) in rural or urban areas have been gunned down. No attempted abductions have been reported. The POI hasn't been found murdered or dead somewhere and yet the OSBI chooses to air a heart wrenching 911 tape asking family and/or witnesses to do what's right, and says NOTHING about the POI? To me that means that the killer(s) are already being looked at by LE, they just don't have enough yet to link them to the murders.

I am also impatient to know something is happening, but I am not thinking the case is going cold in only 2 month's time. I am sure once we do get answers, it will be apparent WHY the OSBI was keeping everything so close to the vest in this case.

My Opinion

The Plackers were not financially well off. I don't think it would have been a burglary.

I agree about their financial situation. But, what if someone was looking for drugs? The family had a lot of unsavory characters in and around their family. It is just a thought.................

FlowerChild;

I think the POI has been in touch (anonymously) with LE. I think the OSBI has a pretty good idea who did this - if not specifically, at least generally. I think it's tied to the families somehow and they are working with extreme care to make sure that they do not implicate someone who had nothing (personally) to do with this, but was the motive for it happening.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave it up to FlowerChild to be the steady head here. Thank You I needed that..

This case isn't even 2 months old yet.....hardly "cold". It isn't unusual for cases where the killer isn't obvious to go 6-12 months before the 1st arrest is made. For all we know the OSBI has a very good idea of who did this, but without a witness to testify against them they can't prove it - THAT might be the reason for the guilt inducing 911 call being released after all this time....not to get the killer(s), but witnesses.

We have no idea what angles or evidence or calls OSBI is working right now. They may have gotten 1000 phone calls after the 911 tape aired, we don't know. OSBI could very well have the ID of the killer(s) and it might take 4 weeks for them to verify everything and make an announcement that a suspect (or suspects) has been arrested. In addition, if this turns out to involve the Bandidos, minors, or an extended family member it's going to move forward like molasses in winter. They are going to monitor the suspects for a long time, all the while gathering evidence and statements to sure the case is iron-clad.

I just don't believe this was some random nutcase (And I don't think OSBI does either) - random nutcases don't go nuts for 10 minutes and then go back to being their normal, mild mannered selves. No other children (or people) in rural or urban areas have been gunned down. No attempted abductions have been reported. The POI hasn't been found murdered or dead somewhere and yet the OSBI chooses to air a heart wrenching 911 tape asking family and/or witnesses to do what's right, and says NOTHING about the POI? To me that means that the killer(s) are already being looked at by LE, they just don't have enough yet to link them to the murders.

I am also impatient to know something is happening, but I am not thinking the case is going cold in only 2 month's time. I am sure once we do get answers, it will be apparent WHY the OSBI was keeping everything so close to the vest in this case.

My Opinion

Ah, you voice of reason, you.

(Nice reasoning.)

If this is in some way drug related, OSBI may be building a case to bust the whole drug scene in that area wide open. Someone in one of those families may have owed a large drug debt that they were stalling payment on or never intended to pay and the drug
lords decided to take two lives for payment. It that is what happened, you can bet there are a lot of scared people now wondering who's next.

We have Uncle Tony, just out of prison, Uncle Joe Mosher ex con (for meth, meth lab, guns and drugs) who inserted himself front and center from day one and Uncle Joe Placker, ratting out the Bandidos. We have multiple cousins Placker and Paschal (including Christopher & Nita) in jail or prison and even an ex boyfriend Mikal Caudle (who was arrested with some of the family)...and that's just scratching the surface on the Placker-Paschal families.

I am dead certain that NONE of the Placker-Paschal's intended any harm come to even a single hair on Taylor's head - and certainly not her little best friend. This was never supposed to happen - but when you play with fire, sometimes it gets out of control and burns people who were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

People who deal in crime, guns and drugs just get buried under the filth and muck and can't see a way to get free. We have no drug or alcohol rehab programs for the poor and displaced, people come out of prison with no money and no place to go, and with the economy the way it is right now and no job (or a lost job), it wouldn't take long for them to find themselves desperate, deep in debt and maybe hopelessly hooked on drugs they can't afford. This leads to some people getting backed into a corner unable to escape and the people who are holding them there, to resort to unspeakable acts to maintain their control and income. All it would take is one threat to rat out bad-guys - their drug lab, their dealing in stolen guns, their chop shop, their house full of stolen goods and in some way threaten them and their families and I can see a tighly strung ex con (who has no intention of ever going back to prison) going off on the closest, easiest target available - and on Sunday afternoon June 8th - with Peter and Vicky away from home - that easy target was two little girls walking home on a quiet dirt road.

And what I fear is that if Vicky and Peter had been home and the whole family INSIDE that house, there would have been 4 bodies, not two.

My Opinion

We have Uncle Tony, just out of prison, Uncle Joe Mosher ex con (for meth, meth lab, guns and drugs) who inserted himself front and center from day one and Uncle Joe Placker, ratting out the Bandidos. We have multiple cousins Placker and Paschal (including Christopher & Nita) in jail or prison and even an ex boyfriend Mikal Caudle (who was arrested with some of the family)...and that's just scratching the surface on the Placker-Paschal families.

I am dead certain that NONE of the Placker-Paschal's intended any harm come to even a single hair on Taylor's head - and certainly not her little best friend. This was never supposed to happen - but when you play with fire, sometimes it gets out of control and burns people who were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

People who deal in crime, guns and drugs just get buried under the filth and muck and can't see a way to get free. We have no drug or alcohol rehab programs for the poor and displaced, people come out of prison with no money and no place to go, and with the economy the way it is right now and no job (or a lost job), it wouldn't take long for them to find themselves desperate, deep in debt and maybe hopelessly hooked on drugs they can't afford. This leads to some people getting backed into a corner unable to escape and the people who are holding them there, to resort to unspeakable acts to maintain their control and income. All it would take is one threat to rat out bad-guys - their drug lab, their dealing in stolen guns, their chop shop, their house full of stolen goods and in some way threaten them and their families and I can see a tighly strung ex con (who has no intention of ever going back to prison) going off on the closest, easiest target available - and on Sunday afternoon June 8th - with Peter and Vicky away from home - that easy target was two little girls walking home on a quiet dirt road.

And what I fear is that if Vicky and Peter had been home and the whole family INSIDE that house, there would have been 4 bodies, not two.

My Opinion

Wow, I was totally unaware of the family background and history. If what you post is true, then there can be a real reason for the killings, kind of like an execution type killing to get the word out. Oh, this just breaks my heart!:eek:

Wow, I was totally unaware of the family background and history. If what you post is true, then there can be a real reason for the killings, kind of like an execution type killing to get the word out. Oh, this just breaks my heart!:eek:

Oh, it's all true, we have the arrest records, mug shots and prison records to prove it. Taylor's "sister" Linda also has a lovely web site with family mug shots and dozens of poems written to Mikal Caudle - who was arrested with Jessie and Christopher I believe. Don't know her last name but Linda's "Little Cousin Nita" is there in her lovely prisoner-wear, as is an "inmate" photo of "Uncle Tony" (before he made parole in May 08).

And if your not aware, Skyla's older brother (may be a "half"-brother), is going to prison for manslaughter over a drug deal gone wrong in Kansas.

I guess I need to consolidate all these records somewhere as a reference in the "Catch Up" thread I made.

My Opinion

What I want to know is how long does it take for this to be a "cold case" and at that time can an investigation be held to find out why so many false or misleading reports.. & can the LE be held responsible for not looking into the backgrounds in depth..If I were the family & really was at a loss of who was involved .. you can bet your sweet___ I would take part of that $$ & hire a Private Eye..
A case is considered "cold" when the leads run out. As long as leads come in to work on...the case will be considered active as they track those down. When it comes to a point where there is a stall, no leads, no more forensics to be done, and no reason to continue pursuing angles that lead to brick walls. It won't be closed, but put on the back burner or in the cold case section until a solid lead does come in to renew interest.

No, LE won't be held responsible for their work on any case unless the AG's office is called in to look at it from that perspective and they find either wrong doing or willful neglect of the facts. However, it doesn't mean that they are ever held accountable for not going far enough with a lead or checking out people. They are usually not held accountable for their mistakes, imo. They are the only people who never have to apologize to people for wrecking their lives during a case. They can simply walk away and never look back. Scary, isn't it?

The crime I was referring to earlier was the one where the girl was abducted from Texhoma, Oklahoma. That suspect is still at large.

Also, I just wanted to add, that yes, nutjobs can and do go on their killing sprees, and return back to "normal" living. BTK comes to mind, as well as a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18