Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, Flossie and Everyone!

Well I tell you this...more and more I am wanting to know who gave the most information to assist the artist with this composite. We really don't know if he went back to each one of them and asked them if the sketch was right.

Did one person say they saw him this well and the others just saw him from afar? I sure would like to know the answer to that one. lol

I do think he fits into this somewhere though but I don't think he is in his 30s but younger..maybe 20s. I think he may have been on that road with the killers. Either meeting with them for some reason but something that makes them all be on that road at the same time right at the crime scene area.

imoo

At this point, I'm not even convinced there is a POI. If there was and he was local, it just seems like he would have been identified by now.

I know this is far out, but could the girls have witnessed a murder? This would certainly give reason for assassinations.

And, if they did, could it be intertwined with one of those other 50 or so unsolved cases in the area?

in re: cloudajo's post #233.... certainly looks like the same person to me! I'm betting it is.

RPS, What does DOC Contract mean??

The way it was explained to me was that inmates can be imprisoned at this jail under contract from the OK Dept of Corrections. The DOC has a contract with the jail to house inmates for some dollar amount per day (In Tulsa, I think the rate was $80/day). So inmates imprisoned at the Okmulgee jail under the DOC Contract probably came from other jurisdictions (state level convictions or perhaps other counties that don't have large prisons). At least, this is my understanding as it was explained to me.

As a sidenote, Okmulgee has about the 10th largest county prison in OK and can house 228 inmates (as of today, there were 153 inmates). Okfuskee is one of the smallest and can house 25.

in re: cloudajo's post #233.... certainly looks like the same person to me! I'm betting it is.

Yep, that's him. I 'm relieved because throwing another "Aaron" in the picture could have got confusing. He certainly had an image makeover.

Cloudajo- Thanks again, you are THE myspace wizard. --RPS

And now it looks like she has been released...

Hi RPS~
Did you ever figure out exactly why she had been arrested?

Flossie

Hi RPS~
Did you ever figure out exactly why she had been arrested?

Flossie

Hmmm...sounded like a trumped-up charge to me - jaywalking? I think that Okmulgee updates its ODCR on the first Thursday on the month. If that's true, we should see something there by this Thursday, OCT 2.

Sorry, one more observation--

I just noticed that there is a cell phone tower, that would have been probably the only tower providing the service to the girls' cell phones throughout the whole incident. It is located near the intersection of Route 75 and E1140 (on mapquest), southwest of the crime. Generally, there is recorded data for the "pings" that occur regularly between a tower and phone. This data includes the phone number, time, and strength of the ping. Judging by the strength of the ping, one can estimate the distance of the phone from the tower, but this can be distorted by a lot of other variables. But that strength may be able to tell LE something.

For example, a sudden increase in strength that remains could have indicated that the girls left their house. As they walked north to the bridge, the ping strength would decrease (and a tower north on Route 40 might have been able to pick up their ping). As they returned south, the ping strength would increase. Based on this data, LE should be able to construct quite the timeline of events. In addition, they would have the numbers of anyone having cell phones in the area at that time. In this way, they could corroborate witness stores, and identify others who may have been in the area who have not come forward. And they should be able to identify who was traveling through that area, as opposed to staying in a single place during that time. And this isn't a very populated area, so there the number of phones/people to check are limited.

When I realized this, it just made me more confident that OSBI has a pretty idea where they are going with this case.

Sorry, one more observation--

I just noticed that there is a cell phone tower, that would have been probably the only tower providing the service to the girls' cell phones throughout the whole incident. It is located near the intersection of Route 75 and E1140 (on mapquest), southwest of the crime. Generally, there is recorded data for the "pings" that occur regularly between a tower and phone. This data includes the phone number, time, and strength of the ping. Judging by the strength of the ping, one can estimate the distance of the phone from the tower, but this can be distorted by a lot of other variables. But that strength may be able to tell LE something.

For example, a sudden increase in strength that remains could have indicated that the girls left their house. As they walked north to the bridge, the ping strength would decrease (and a tower north on Route 40 might have been able to pick up their ping). As they returned south, the ping strength would increase. Based on this data, LE should be able to construct quite the timeline of events. In addition, they would have the numbers of anyone having cell phones in the area at that time. In this way, they could corroborate witness stores, and identify others who may have been in the area who have not come forward. And they should be able to identify who was traveling through that area, as opposed to staying in a single place during that time. And this isn't a very populated area, so there the number of phones/people to check are limited.

When I realized this, it just made me more confident that OSBI has a pretty idea where they are going with this case.

RPS, great info. Two questions:

1) Is there a website that shows the locations of cell towers in the area?

2) Does the cell phone have to be turned on for it to ping the tower?

RPS, great info. Two questions:

1) Is there a website that shows the locations of cell towers in the area?

2) Does the cell phone have to be turned on for it to ping the tower?

1) www.cellreception.com and enter "weleetka" and "ok" in "Find Cell Tower Locations"
2) The cell phone needs to be turned on to ping.

Escellent observation! Parden me tho... (Blonde here. lol) So you are saying that if you have a cell phone, and it is turned on, that by the towers, you can practically be tracked everywhere you go? If this is the case, this could be extremely helpful! I am in awe! But its kinda skeery too. Reminds me of how my bro used to talk about the gov eventually putting chips in us all, to keep track of everything! It would be like having a build it bar code. Weird. I hope it never comes to that in my lifetime, but I could see it happening someday in the future.

Frog, good point.

Here is the info for each “Aaron” page. Note sign up date and last login of first one. Open the link for a closeup pic of each. Do we think these the same guy or not?

aaron
Male
18 years old
HENRYETTA, Oklahoma
United States
Last Login: 6/22/2008

my name is aaron, and i am athletic, and relaxed and i am 18 yrs. of age

Close Up Pic: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=388706692&albumID=408874&imageID=2004138

Aaron
"what up"
Male
18 years old
HENRYETTA, Oklahoma
United States
Last Login: 9/29/2008

I am 18 yrs of age, and i love football, and i just like hanging out with friends

Close Up Pic: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=416455645&albumID=0&imageID=991035

Definitely the same person. They even took the pics in the same location - their closet. Does he look like the POI?

RPS, good find on the myspace.

So that was posted June 14th.

Nick Burden (Audrey's little brother)
Jeremy Wilbanks

I couldn't find anything on them, has anyone? Maybe someone on Topix would know the names.

I was unable to locate these on Facebook.

Escellent observation! Parden me tho... (Blonde here. lol) So you are saying that if you have a cell phone, and it is turned on, that by the towers, you can practically be tracked everywhere you go? If this is the case, this could be extremely helpful! I am in awe! But its kinda skeery too. Reminds me of how my bro used to talk about the gov eventually putting chips in us all, to keep track of everything! It would be like having a build it bar code. Weird. I hope it never comes to that in my lifetime, but I could see it happening someday in the future.

Exactly! If your cell phone is turned on, you are carrying a tracking device. But it takes is a court order for LE to see the records.

Definitely the same person. They even took the pics in the same location - their closet. Does he look like the POI?

Minor point - It wasn't the exact same location. They would have had to move a bookshelf with a lot of stuff and put a fan somehow in its place. Plus note the spacing of the hangers in the background; very different and no similarity among the clothes in the 2 pictures.

The wall in one picture does not go all the way to the ceiling. Is that a common feature in OK houses?

RPS -- That is not a usual practice in OK. We really do have walls that are attached to the ceiling. LOL We are not that hickafied!! LOL But, you never know how people live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95