Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i don't post here, but i do read here, and you guys are so diligent and passionate about getting justice for these girls, and supporting the community...and it really warms my heart.

you are some of the most fantastic people on this website...

I'm hanging in with you reading, but not always posting:) No worries.
I agree, I don't post often, but these little girls are always on my mind and I check in often hoping for updates and good news of an arrest. I pray for justice for Skyla and Taylor and for peace for their families and friends.

frog-

Your points are well taken. Unfortunately, I feel your words don't accuse me but your tone does. Let me set the record straight.

1. I am only interpreting what the family has put in the public domain through their legal actions, press interviews, and WWW postings.

2. There is a lot more other info out there that has been discussed through PMs. But it has involved people close to the story, but nothing having to do with the case. I think that folks here have used great judgment in what they post, and do respect the privacy of those who remain off of what is publicly available.

3. If the two events that I posted about the parents are unrelated, then they are unrelated. If they are related, then it just reinforces my opinion of what great parents they are. My interpretation is that they are caring parents dealing with a child who is involved in very risky behavior and who has radically changed of late. It may have been heartbreaking to get the court order, but they must also worry about their younger children. They did everything they can, but have exhausted all options as that child's life is spinning out of control. An arrest might have actually been a welcome occurrence - "tough love" that could serve as a wake-up call to the child. Also, it would remove him from the bad influences that have caused so many problems. And now, at least they know where he is and that he is relatively safe.

RPS... like I said, I enjoy your posts and I am glad you are here at WS. But know one thing about me. I make every effort to say what I think. There is no "reading between the lines" or guessing what I may or may not mean. There is no tone of voice on the internet. I said exactly what I meant. =) Guessing games are for children.

RPS... like I said, I enjoy your posts and I am glad you are here at WS. But know one thing about me. I make every effort to say what I think. There is no "reading between the lines" or guessing what I may or may not mean. There is no tone of voice on the internet. I said exactly what I meant. =) Guessing games are for children.
Hi Frog -- It's Gertie -- RPS asked you earlier why you have a problem with him. His post is now gone. I, too, was wondering why you talked to him like that. It doesn't sound like you. But when you said, "guessing games are for children," I didn't know quite what you meant. This whole case is revolved around guessing or speculation. I don't mean to offend. Just didn't understand. Thanks.

Oh my stars! This forum has disintegrated enough as it is. Let's please not forget why we're here! Taylor and Skyla. Period.

Oh my stars! This forum has disintegrated enough as it is. Let's please not forget why we're here! Taylor and Skyla. Period.

Yes Fairy.... I agree, this forum is for the girls. RPS just misunderstood me. We resolved it easily.

I am so disappointed in OSBI. I had faith they were on top of this one from the beginning and now it appears it was misplaced trust. There needs to be answers in this case. WTH?

I was outside watching my dog play with the butterflies and thinking of the girls. Watching a couple of them flutter off together reminded me of how fleeting their lives were and how long this has gone on already. :(

I am so disappointed in OSBI. I had faith they were on top of this one from the beginning and now it appears it was misplaced trust. There needs to be answers in this case. WTH?

I was outside watching my dog play with the butterflies and thinking of the girls. Watching a couple of them flutter off together reminded me of how fleeting their lives were and how long this has gone on already. :(
Think positive SS, I know it's hard, but try.

BTW, good to see a post from you over here, I've missed them!

Slightly O/T, different case in OK. Something to think about. This is on the NewsOK Oklahoma Cold Case site (Ken Raymond, Staff Writer blog).

================
Posted Oct 3rd - Victim says suspect sketch is wrong

“Remember this guy? On Sept. 12, two women were attacked in my old neighborhood in the 11000 block of N Lincoln Boulevard. One was beaten, stabbed and sexually assaulted; the other was beaten and stabbed. This sketch was produced based on their descriptions of the attacker.

I talked to one of the victims yesterday. Elaine Koenig says the sketch looks all wrong. “It looks like a stocky 40-year-old,” she said, “not a skinny 18-year-old.”

I’m not trying to be critical of the sketch artist, who’s done a great job for a number of years. I just thought Koenig’s comments might help identify the attacker.”

http://blog.newsok.com/coldcaseokc/2008/10/03/victim-says-suspect-sketch-is-wrong/

RPS... like I said, I enjoy your posts and I am glad you are here at WS. But know one thing about me. I make every effort to say what I think. There is no "reading between the lines" or guessing what I may or may not mean. There is no tone of voice on the internet. I said exactly what I meant. =)

Guessing games are for children.

FrogJ...Hmmmmm!...What kind of statement is 'guessing games are for children????
I don't agree.
Everything in life starts as a guessing game, assuming what the 'outcome' will be.
Playing the Stock Market every day is a guessing game.....voting on who will become the best leader is a guessing game, etc. etc..:rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to their theory, guesses and comments, we aren't on trial here. I try to never 'judge or pick others comments apart'.
I read it, respect it and appreciate everyone's input.....have a good day!

O/T but some interesting info about OK cold cases (by Ken Raymond)

Cold Cases
There are short videos that talk about each case and a write up at the link below. In some there are family members who talk about still hoping for answers after many years. Sad.

http://coldcaseok.com/prevcases

Cold Case Meeting – Oklahoma
"Four times a year, members of various law enforcement agencies gather at the Oklahoma City police training center to talk about cold cases. The meetings, which are closed to the public, allow investigators to pool information on cases they’re working and seek advice from their colleagues. A case featured at one of the meetings was the Comanche slaying of Mary Pewitt. That case was profiled on the Cold Case OK Web site earlier this year.

It’s pretty fascinating. Police detectives, OSBI agents, sheriff’s deputies and others all gathered in one classroom talking about the cases that haunt even the most hardened law enforcement professionals, the cases that have crawled under their skin, the cases they just can’t forget. It’s a compelling reminder that cops care."

http://blog.newsok.com/coldcaseokc/2008/09/16/cold-case-meeting/

FrogJ...Hmmmmm!...What kind of statement is 'guessing games are for children????
I don't agree.
Everything in life starts as a guessing game, assuming what the 'outcome' will be.
Playing the Stock Market every day is a guessing game.....voting on who will become the best leader is a guessing game, etc. etc..:rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to their theory, guesses and comments, we aren't on trial here. I try to never 'judge or pick others comments apart'.
I read it, respect it and appreciate everyone's input.....have a good day!

Letsthink~
The remark I made had nothing to do with "guessing" what may have happened that day... guessing the scenerio. It had to do with comments made between someone else and myself. Some of those comments have been deleted, (the matter was easily resolved) so I understand your confusiion. I would never make a cold remark like that regarding this case, my heart is in this case. Please understand that.
~fRoG

Think positive SS, I know it's hard, but try.

BTW, good to see a post from you over here, I've missed them!
The girls are never far from my heart, TG. It is difficult to think positive on this one tho. I am disgusted and feel there is more that should have or could have been done initially. The simple fact the road was graded is one example of a case gone terribly wrong. It is unacceptable that the OSBI dropped the ball on this one.

The girls are never far from my heart, TG. It is difficult to think positive on this one tho. I am disgusted and feel there is more that should have or could have been done initially.
The simple fact the road was graded is one example of a case gone terribly wrong. It is unacceptable that the OSBI dropped the ball on this one.
Agreed, a big foul-up
icon4.gif

Cloudajo~ Point taken. The other fella he drew which did look amazing like the perp did make him look older, too.

At least they still have people working on the case. I still feel this case will be solved. It might not be soon, but later down the road.

Little, I agree. They have a lot of info we don't know about and I think maybe even some suspicion after working on it for this long, but they have to have enough to bring charges and then get a conviction. There's a lot at stake. They could get a break any day now or later as you mention.

SS, good to see you here.

I wonder what happened at Dustyn’s arraignment on the burglary charge this past Friday (Oct 10th).

Dailey, Dustyn Obrien, Burglary, Second Degree-Felony
Judge: Claver, H. Michael, District Judge
10/10/2008: Arraignment

Lambillotte, Cody, Burglary, Second Degree-Felony
Judge: Pickering, Cynthia, Special Judge
09/18/2008: Guilty Plea; Rules and conditions of probation supervised by DA (Tom Giulioli)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95