Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It made me angry that they did mention "armchair sleuths" that did already from day one contact them. Why would people do that?

Going to bed now. Have to work tomorrow. I will pray we all wake up to hear or read about an arrest in this case. I will also pray for the families of these two little girls. Night night to all.

I wish we knew more about how many gunshots were heard and what time they were heard.

The witnesses in that area are probably familiar enough with guns they could describe what kind of weapon they heard and in what sequence they heard them.

It made me angry that they did mention "armchair sleuths" that did already from day one contact them. Why would people do that?

People are forever doing things we don't understand. Don't let it get to you. We enjoy trying to solve crime and all the stuff that goes into. Night Night, SS..talk to you more tomorrow.

That would be almost a nice way. They didn't die in a nice way. It was fast and it was deliberate for whatever reason they had to kill them. I will be very upset if there was some stupid reason. Altho, there is not ever a good enough reason.

just one more .... he may have stopped or slowed beside them & made rude remarks, attempted to get them in the truck. or whatever. maybe he was driving along beside them as they were walking attempting a conversation then went into a rage for bring rejected, jumped out & began shooting. whatever "reason" we will find this actual confrontation outside the truck happened quickly. he could have been an otherwise "ordinary" guy having a psychotic event like "God told me to kill... "

The witnesses in that area are probably familiar enough with guns they could describe what kind of weapon they heard and in what sequence they heard them.

Yep, you're probbaly right about that. I wish though that we knew what the cops know.

If the POI is our suspect, I have no doubt he would have taken down the witnesses too. They are lucky they didn't stop.

Unless, as the poster elsewhere suggested, he could have ran out of ammunition.

just one more .... he may have stopped or slowed beside them & made rude remarks, attempted to get them in the truck. or whatever. maybe he was driving along beside them as they were walking attempting a conversation then went into a rage for bring rejected, jumped out & began shooting. whatever "reason" we will find this actual confrontation outside the truck happened quickly. he could have been an otherwise "ordinary" guy having a psychotic event like "God told me to kill... "
I just don't even want to imagine this scenario. All of them make me ill, but...I am angry now. I have hit that stage of losing one of our own. I am just angry now and deeply saddened. I think I am coming out of shock in a way. This happened in our backyard.

I've been thinking about this and maybe Taylor DID try to use her phone to call home to report something that they saw to her parents and the phone was BUSY. It's been reported that Skyla's mother called her home to say that she was coming to pick her up, and that her mother tried repeatedly to call her on her cell and couldn't reach her.

Maybe Taylor was trying to call home at the very same time.

Just something to think about.

JMO

I think we need to determine her biological parents. They need to come forward in this.

I mentioned yesterday that I've been concerned from the beginning about the family relatonships. Most often when grandparents are raising grandchildren, it's because the child's parents are deceased, irresponsible, are addicts (drugs/alcohol) or are in jail/prison.

There's been no mention of Taylor's parents. If they were deceased, the obituary would have stated that. If the parents are involved in criminal behavior or serving time for a crime, one or both could have made enemies, who vowed revenge. Their enemy could have tracked the family down and been lying in wait for one of the family members. When Taylor and Skyla emerged from the Placker residence and walked down the road, that enemy could have made the assumption that both girls were members of the Placker family. The shooting itself has all the earmarks of a revenge killing...........multiple shots to the face/head and likely at close range.

It was Sunday night..... the girls had been together over the weekend. Who would have known they were going to take that one last walk together down that road?

These may have been posted already and were discussed on IS. Three possibilities re escaped convicts in OK. The first one Robert Donahue resembles sketch facially I think, would like to see the longer hair and cap from POI sketch on his face.

POI:
The sketch is of an American-Indian man, about 6-feet tall with black hair in a ponytail and around 35-years-old
http://www.kwtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8488535

Escaped Convicts in OK:

ROBERT L DONAHUE
American Indian Male; 5 ft. 10 in. tall; 196 pounds; Black hair; Brown eyes;
DOB: 04-JUL-1959, 49 yrs old
Escapee: Oklahoma City Comm Corr Ctr - E, Oklahoma – Escaped 12-FEB-2007
http://204.62.19.160/fugitives/fugitive_detail.aspx?id=215245

KIRK A HAZLETT
White Male; 5 ft. 7 in. tall; 150 pounds; Brown hair; Hazel eyes; Race: W
DOB: 10-AUG-1975, 33 Yrs Old
Escapee: William S. Key Corr. Center Esc, Fort Supply, OK – Escaped 01-MAY-2008
Domestic Assault And Battery In Presence Of Minor
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=532893&offender_book_id=316844&imageindex=1

JONATHAN PAUL M CRAIG
White Male; 5 ft. 9 in. tall; 181 pounds; Brown hair; Brown eyes; DOB: 21-JAN-1969 (39 yrs old)
WANTED FOR ESCAPE FROM DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS – Escaped 01-MAY-2008 - Tulsa County District, Tulsa
[URL="http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=180582&offender_book_id=75171&imageindex=6"]http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=394&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30&doc_num=180582&offender_book_id=75171&imageindex=6[/URL]

Interesting angle - good work

Couple things - here is a different picture of Robert Donahue - an Okla Corrections escapee - pictured in a different link above - Escaped 12/07.

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/s...m=215245&offender_book_id=215338&imageindex=2

Picture of another escapee from same institution.....

http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/s...m=526791&offender_book_id=312157&imageindex=5

From the AP June 15 - http://www.kwtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6505751

WELEETKA, Okla. (AP) - Authorities want to clarify the length of the hair of a man considered as a person of interest in the fatal shootings of 2 young girls a week ago. Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said yesterday the agency had received many responses after releasing a sketch a day earlier. The possible witness was described as an American Indian male with a long ponytail, but Brown says investigators have received calls that the man's hair is shorter than previously described.

Both of the above men have short hair - have either been on the run long enough to grow their hair to any length? - do they look at all similar to the sketch from the witness?

I mentioned yesterday that I've been concerned from the beginning about the family relatonships. Most often when grandparents are raising grandchildren, it's because the child's parents are deceased, irresponsible, are addicts (drugs/alcohol) or are in jail/prison.

There's been no mention of Taylor's parents. If they were deceased, the obituary would have stated that. If the parents are involved in criminal behavior or serving time for a crime, one or both could have made enemies, who vowed revenge. Their enemy could have tracked the family down and been lying in wait for one of the family members. When Taylor and Skyla emerged from the Placker residence and walked down the road, that enemy could have made the assumption that both girls were members of the Placker family. The shooting itself has all the earmarks of a revenge killing...........multiple shots to the face/head and likely at close range.
Do you think it could be a possiblity that the parents on on a 'witness protection plan'. Not sure if that is what you call it in your country?

POI.jpg
POI2.jpg
POI1.jpg

I don't know if this has been posted yet. But I found a photo that shows how close the girls were from the house. They were almost home and out of harms way.

http://newsok.com/photo/gallery/?gallery_id=3703

OSBI investigators closed the road past the crime scene to look for more clues in the deaths of Taylor Paschal-Placker and Skyla Whitaker who were shot and killed last Sunday on the dirt road near one of their homes, Thursday, June 12, 2008. The white truck is parked at the driveway of the Placker home and the man in the road is at the crime scene. Photo by David McDaniel

show_image.php

The person in the SO Registry does not resemble the sketch IMO. The description is very specific - the POI is described and shown clearly as a Native American (American Indian) male with the appropriate coloring (skin tone) and black (not brown) hair and brown eyes. Full blooded Native Americans have very black straight hair - it is typically not curly, although it can be coarse in texture. They also tend to have very little or no facial or body hair. We should focus on the description (from more than one person) and sketch - which are VERY CLEAR that this person APPEARS to be a Native American, down to the hair and eye color.

I am SURE every sex offender from the immediate area has been looked at in depth already. I am not convinced this is AT ALL a sexually motivated crime. There is no reason for a sex offender to risk everything being SEEN in broad daylight on a fairly busy road 300 yards from a house shooting down two girls with multiple shots if he hadn't even touched them sexually and they didn't know him (so as to ID him). The ONLY way it was a Sex Offender is if they KNEW HIM and could ID him to an adult AND he drives around with a couple of guns on him everywhere. The girls were NOT assaulted and the Perp would KNOW there was no DNA to link him to these girls - why kill them? There just is no sensible motivation, even for a pervert sicko. Sex offenders usually don't kill victims before they assault them - and he could have grabbed one or both of the girls easily and killed them later - after the rape/torture, whatever his thing was.

Any men in the girl's lives anywhere matching the description should have already been checked out by LE - how many men of that description could have even met either girl anywhere and been known to either of them? The list cannot be too long.

This murder reeks to me of:
a cover-up of something else (an accidental shooting, an unrelated crime)
a tweaked out paranoid meth addict who felt "trapped" somehow
a "payback" for something unrelated to the girls themselves (except to cause one of their family members pain)
a real life version of some video game or online game
a "for hire" killing (for profit or for revenge)

Somebody shot down "hit man style" two "tweenaged" young ladies (at 11 and 13 they were a bit older than little "children") - who had NOT been sexually assaulted - who had gone from home a short distance and only been gone out of "sight" 30-35 minutes - walking side-by-side - carrying a cell phone. And this was not such a remote area that they weren't seen on their "jaunt" either - the POI was seen by at least 6 people - probably at least that many saw the girls too.

There is SOMETHING we are NOT being told about this - and a theory we are not hearing. They may have cleared all the immediate family members but that does NOT mean that someone didn't do it to "punish" one of them for something (real or imagined). Otherwise it was one of those senseless totally random crimes that we will never understand and we may never know who did it, or WHY? I think LE is onto to something - but what it is may surprise us.

My Opinion

IMO I don't believe it is sexually motivated otherwise the shooter would have killed one girl (the witness) and taken the other girl with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur