Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it was sexually motivated either. If so, they(?) would have just picked those little girls up and tossed them in their vehicle and taken off - not blown them away!!! Besides I think sexual predators are wimps..... and don't usually carry automatic weapons.

That makes me think even more on the grandfather's words when he found the girls and said,"they," killed the girls. It was almost like he had an idea on who ,"they," were.

Very good point. Maybe there had been threats to the family by "friends" of the unknown missing parents and Grandpa knew about the threats. May have been partly why the family moved to the country to get away from the crime in OK City. Or was that the other family? sorry, getting way mixed up here.

A few years ago, in Dallas, some drug dealers were mad at an associate over money. So they kidnapped the guys sister from her apt. and eventually killed her just to get revenge on the guy. She was totally innocent and had nothing to do with her brother and his b.s. Reminds me of these two innocent girls, in a way.

Very good point. Maybe there had been threats to the family by "friends" of the unknown missing parents. May have been partly why the family moved to the country to get away from the crime in OK City. Or was that the other family? sorry, getting way mixed up here.

This is getting very complicated IMO. Where is it quoted as him saying "they". Possibly the "they" could be the men who shot them and he saw driving away from the scene. Maybe he was walking down his drive and a car drove by and he noticed two men (they) in it - I am beginning to think we need a thread that has just the facts with links in it.........

POI.jpg
POI2.jpg
POI1.jpg

Only one of the three sketches works. The other two "have been moved or deleted". What were they?

OSBI investigators closed the road past the crime scene to look for more clues in the deaths of Taylor Paschal-Placker and Skyla Whitaker who were shot and killed last Sunday on the dirt road near one of their homes, Thursday, June 12, 2008. The white truck is parked at the driveway of the Placker home and the man in the road is at the crime scene. Photo by David McDaniel

I think that article is wrong. I have almost the same picture, saved at work however, taken from the video on Thursday, but it is taken from over in the middle of the road.

What is missing is that the picture is taken from the direction of the bridge (north looking south). The white truck is not at Taylor's house, despite what the article states. The other truck is where the girls were found, but in the picture I have, you can see far in the distance as County Line Rd bends to the east (again looking from the north).

I'll see if I can find it for comparison.

Only one of the three sketches works. The other two "have been moved or deleted". What were they?

This is weird - when I look at posts 517 and 524, sometimes the pictures are there, sometimes they aren't - a minute a go when I looked they were there.

This looks extremely close. One of the things that strikes me as odd is that this kind of road doesn't seem to be well traveled. It seems like the kind of road that you would have to 'know' about. My parents live in an area like this and anybody coming down thier road we either know them or know why they are out there... If you didn't live in their community you wouldnt know their area even exists.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. But I found a photo that shows how close the girls were from the house. They were almost home and out of harms way.

http://newsok.com/photo/gallery/?gallery_id=3703

OSBI investigators closed the road past the crime scene to look for more clues in the deaths of Taylor Paschal-Placker and Skyla Whitaker who were shot and killed last Sunday on the dirt road near one of their homes, Thursday, June 12, 2008. The white truck is parked at the driveway of the Placker home and the man in the road is at the crime scene. Photo by David McDaniel

show_image.php

Exactly mygirl, and that is why I said before if you were travelling on that road and someone you would probably either know them and take notice or NOT recognize them, but still take notice - and you'd remember it!

Something is going on with Taylor's biologocal parents. Because even if you did not have custody of your child, you would still acknowledge them in their death. It says to me that there is possibly bad blood between Taylor's parents and her grandparents...maybe why it turns out she was killed. It's not normal when your child is brutally murdered that the woman that gave her life does not come out and attend the funeral. Something very creepy is going on here. I still lean on the killings being more premeditated. Someone knew these girls were going to the bridge that day. Someone knew the time they were going too.

I knew a girl once that had a baby in her teens. Her parents raised that baby. He called his mother, sister. He called his Grandparents, Mom and Dad. I don't know if they ever told him the truth. But people in the community knew so I'm guessing he eventually found out. Maybe one of the parents listed as a sibling...is really one of the parents. Just a guess.

Maybe one of the parents listed as a sibling...is really one of the parents. Just a guess.

I'm guessing this, too. I don't think it matters to the family or to locals who the parents are or that the parents were not listed. It could very well be an embarrassment to the family.

What happened to the two shooter theory? I find it odd that one person would use two guns to kill the girls. Rosser stated that both girls were shot from both guns.

It also appears that the term "local" has expanded to include eastern OK, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, plus reservations. It appears the POI must not really be local, or IMO he would have been identified by now - $25,000 is a lot of money for folks living in this area.

I looked up Placker in the "Reverse Phone" lookup and found one for a Vicky Placker:

Placker, Vicky
Hwy 75
Weleetka, OK 74880

Is Hwy 75 the same as County Line Road? If so, then the phone number is listed under Vicky's name without mention of Peter. There are other Plackers listed....

I also put in Paschal and came up with over 71 hits in Oklahoma. I would doubt her mother (if she is still alive) would still be living in the area and have kept her last name since she didn't attend the funeral.

Originally Posted by SuziQ
I don't know if this has been posted yet. But I found a photo that shows how close the girls were from the house. They were almost home and out of harms way.

http://photos.newsok.com/show_image....38c6111fefe0c1

That is so close. You could throw a stone from the drive way of the house to the crime scene. Shouldn't the Grandfather have heard the gun shots?

Originally Posted by SuziQ

http://photos.newsok.com/show_image....38c6111fefe0c1

That is so close. You could throw a stone from the drive way of the house to the crime scene. Shouldn't the Grandfather have heard the gun shots?

A previous poster stated this photo is not correct, although I, personally, do not know. See post by EnvoyDriver on Page 21.

I mentioned yesterday that I've been concerned from the beginning about the family relatonships. Most often when grandparents are raising grandchildren, it's because the child's parents are deceased, irresponsible, are addicts (drugs/alcohol) or are in jail/prison.

There's been no mention of Taylor's parents. If they were deceased, the obituary would have stated that. If the parents are involved in criminal behavior or serving time for a crime, one or both could have made enemies, who vowed revenge. Their enemy could have tracked the family down and been lying in wait for one of the family members. When Taylor and Skyla emerged from the Placker residence and walked down the road, that enemy could have made the assumption that both girls were members of the Placker family. The shooting itself has all the earmarks of a revenge killing...........multiple shots to the face/head and likely at close range.

Agree.

It was Sunday night..... the girls had been together over the weekend. Who would have known they were going to take that one last walk together down that road?

Just throwing this out there, but maybe that was their habit and was identified as an opportunity?

"They loved each other. Usually, if you saw them out here, they were both together," Mosher said. "One weekend they would be at Taylor's house, the next weekend they would be at Skyla's house."
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824

Sunday afternoon they went for a walk, as they often did, along a county road. But this time they didn't come back.
http://www.fox23.com/content/flashplayer-localnews/story.aspx?content_id=25df5c65-b161-484c-9066-3c892cec088e

I looked up Placker in the "Reverse Phone" lookup and found one for a Vicky Placker:

Placker, Vicky
Hwy 75
Weleetka, OK 74880

Is Hwy 75 the same as County Line Road? If so, then the phone number is listed under Vicky's name without mention of Peter. There are other Plackers listed....

I also put in Paschal and came up with over 71 hits in Oklahoma. I would doubt her mother (if she is still alive) would still be living in the area and have kept her last name since she didn't attend the funeral.

I don't think it's the same according to map (see attached). Maybe one of the other kids with a phone # listed in Vicky's name?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....322415,-96.082415&spn=0.133057,0.299377&z=12

I believe Taylor had 1 brother and 2 sisters living in Weleetka - not sure exactly where they lived.

I think that article is wrong. I have almost the same picture, saved at work however, taken from the video on Thursday, but it is taken from over in the middle of the road.

What is missing is that the picture is taken from the direction of the bridge (north looking south). The white truck is not at Taylor's house, despite what the article states. The other truck is where the girls were found, but in the picture I have, you can see far in the distance as County Line Rd bends to the east (again looking from the north).

I'll see if I can find it for comparison.

But isn't that a rural mailbox right on the other side of the white truck parked there?

I thought LE said they were found about 900 feet away from Taylor's home?

Also didn't they say that the Plackers are the only ones living on that particular stretch of this road?

a thought, the witness said he saw a guy standing by the truck. the LE said there are two shooters and MF said possibly there were three people there. what if the guy standing by the truck was watchout while the other two had the girls in the wooded area. maybe seeing this witness driving by scared him so he called the other two back and that's when the girls were killed...after they came out of the woods and before the men got back into the truck.

But isn't that a rural mailbox right on the other side of the white truck parked there?
I thought LE said they were found about 900 feet away from Taylor's home?Also didn't they say that the Plackers are the only ones living on that particular stretch of this road?

i believe the photo is made from just south of the residence.looks like a mailbox beside the truck in the foreground. i didn't see another house or drive between taylor's house & the bridge on satellite images of county line road.

could the vehicles in the background be parked where traffic was stopped a little this side of the crime scene? the roadside memorial is not right at the place the girls were found...... another thing, the 900 foot measurement may have been made from her house, down the driveway & then to the scene..... one more, a railroad is very near, if a train was passing, one wouldn't distinguish gunshots very near.

I havent got all caught up from last night yet but is it possible that Linda is Taylors mother? She would have been, what, 14 when Taylor was born right? Maybe she was raised as her sister because she was so young at the time. And she was raised as her sister. Thats why she would be listed as a sister in her Obit. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState