Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know they don't have it in my library!

I'm wondering if LE asked them to pull that cover and article from the site so that it would be less available to the Anthonys once the letters were found at the remains site.

LE obviously got a copy of the picture from the Globe since, if you look at the cover, part of what is in the cropped version would have been covered with the headline.

Very crafty of them to crop the picture so Casey isn't in it. They clearly ID'd Caylee without any other visual clue. I'm getting more and more impressed with the State's Attorneys!

Are you admitting that you've looked? - ha!

I'm not following what you mean by "LE asked them to pull that cover ..." also about LE getting a copy of the picture from the Globe - what am I missing?:waitasec:

As I read through this thread, a thought occurred to me...

I don't think that JS would approve of any manner of financing the defense that would exploit Caylee's image in any way--that's just too close to illegal, IMO.

It's not illegal, yet. Casey hasn't been convicted of any crime, YET. If and when (please God let's hope it's when) she is convicted then it will be illegal for her to sell her story etc. But it will never be illegal for the rest of the A's to sell their story, no matter how repugnant it might be.

Is the "trouble" shirt the same shirt Caylee was wearing in the picture where she is in a standing Lee's arms and she is bending forward, arms outstretched as if to say "rescue me"?

Anybody recall?

I can only speak for myself, but at first I was thinking Casey and Baez sold it to the globe...but now after re-reading RM's interview, I think he did. Date of Globe issue 10/20/08, Date LE took his computer 10/27/08..He admits to selling photos of Casey/Caylee to the Globe.

I'm beginning to lean this way too, lizzysf. But it doesn't explain to me why JB would get upset about Cindy being questioned about it in her depo then. JB would only have sensitivity about it if either he or Casey were involved in the sale. It wouldn't bother him if RM sold it; that wouldn't be a bad reflection on him or his client. Hmmmmm, guess I'm on the fence. :waitasec:

I'm beginning to lean this way too, lizzysf. But it doesn't explain to me why JB would get upset about Cindy being questioned about it in her depo then. JB would only have sensitivity about it if either he or Casey were involved in the sale. It wouldn't bother him if RM sold it; that wouldn't be a bad reflection on him or his client. Hmmmmm, guess I'm on the fence. :waitasec:

Would it upset JB if RM is somehow part of the defense's defense? (is that how you say that?) That is, he would not want their angle exposed or to tip anyone off, etc.

It's not illegal, yet.* Casey hasn't been convicted of any crime, YET.* If and when (please God let's hope it's when) she is convicted then it will be illegal for her to sell her story etc.* But it will never be illegal for the rest of the A's to sell their story, no matter how repugnant it might be.
I was discussing this exact topic with another poster not long ago.* KC is entitled to make any money off of her daughter until she is convicted.* Sadly (if I am not in error) the "Son of Sam" tenets specify written, as in book, article, movie script.* This is another moment that demonstrates that the law is lagging behind technology.* Until the law is changed, there will be a few loopholes.* Who would have anticipated digital photos sold to online media as opposed to newspapers or books, or magazines.* Unless the A family are found guilty of participation in this murder, they will be free to sell their side of the story until the day they die.* KC however, may not benefit from it.

Attachments

• SOS.JPG
    SOS.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 23
I agree...why would it be sensitive if RM sold it? It makes me think the photo Baez is concerned about is not this one. This photo is evidence (the shirt), but not Baez's sealed photo..(if it is even a photo that's sealed for sure)

Was the full uncropped photo released to the public? If so, wasn't it released after Oct 2008 anyway?

Another thought...didn't Ricardo delete some emails to the Globe? Maybe he sold the picture?

Oh boy --- why do I see RM going under the bus?

I was discussing this exact topic with another poster not long ago.* KC is entitled to make any money off of her daughter until she is convicted.* Sadly (if I am not in error) the "Son of Sam" tenets specify written, as in book, article, movie script.* This is another moment that demonstrates that the law is lagging behind technology.* Until the law is changed, there will be a few loopholes.* Who would have anticipated digital photos sold to online media as opposed to newspapers or books, or magazines.* Unless the A family are found guilty of participation in this murder, they will be free to sell their side of the story until the day they die.* KC however, may not benefit from it.

With the A's though that's one in the same. They will give to her or she will somehow steal it from them.

I know they don't have it in my library!

I'm wondering if LE asked them to pull that cover and article from the site so that it would be less available to the Anthonys once the letters were found at the remains site.

LE obviously got a copy of the picture from the Globe since, if you look at the cover, part of what is in the cropped version would have been covered with the headline.

Very crafty of them to crop the picture so Casey isn't in it. They clearly ID'd Caylee without any other visual clue. I'm getting more and more impressed with the State's Attorneys!

Maybe the Globe only keeps one year of the issues online.

I agree...why would it be sensitive if RM sold it? It makes me think the photo Baez is concerned about is not this one. This photo is evidence (the shirt), but not Baez's sealed photo..(if it is even a photo that's sealed for sure)

And then there's the possibility that RM shared his photos (especially if they were digital) with Casey. And Casey happened to have this one up for bidding, too? I dunno. But I think it probably is this photo because this is the one in the exhibit # that got them all flustered. And they also asked Lee (and I think George, too) about this exact same photo. Lee said he'd not seen it before but it was Caylee. He asked about whether it had been "blown up" or something; it looked a little odd to him apparently. I'll have to go back and see if it is one of George's exhibits, too ~ and I'll check to see what he said, if he was asked.

Would it upset JB if RM is somehow part of the defense's defense? (is that how you say that?) That is, he would not want their angle exposed or to tip anyone off, etc.

Sorry for quoting myself but I wanted someone to tell me if they think this could be the issue. Thanks.

Oh, do you mean if RM and JB and Casey were working together ~ filtering the photo out by using RM as the Globe contact? Like RM was their "front man?" Now that would be an interesting angle!! But forgive me; it's only Tuesday and already has been a confusing week for me. Is that what you meant?

No, I meant that possibly JB is going to say that RM is responsible for Caylee's death but does not want anyone to know that yet. So he would tell CA to put a muzzle on it if she was about to blurt out "That's the picture that RM sold to the Globe." It could be that JB would want to keep anything regarding RM on the downlow until the trial.

Oh, do you mean if RM and JB and Casey were working together ~ filtering the photo out by using RM as the Globe contact? Like RM was their "front man?" Now that would be an interesting angle!! But forgive me; it's only Tuesday and already has been a confusing week for me. Is that what you meant?

That brings up an interesting question.....did/does RM have the legal right to sell a photo/photos of Caylee, a minor child of whom he is not next of kin?

Would it be legal for me to sell a pic of my neighbors child WITHOUT the consent of a parent, taken when he/she attended a birthday party at my home?

Is this it???* KC is in the photo too....so who took it??

Attachments

• globe.jpg
    globe.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 43
That brings up an interesting question.....did/does RM have the legal right to sell a photo/photos of Caylee, a minor child of whom he is not next of kin?

Would it be legal for me to sell a pic of my neighbors child WITHOUT the consent of a parent, taken when he/she attended a birthday party at my home?

Not if HE took the photo. See my post above.....KC AND Caylee in the photo I think we are talking about.

Excellent point ~ very interested in the answer to this question!

How would this affect the A's "trademark" of Caylee, her name and her likeness?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive
Back