Slide Show and Video of 2008.08.14 Jail Visit #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been bugging me about the release of this jail visit in media reports they are saying it was a clerical error...an oversight, but as I keep snoozing off & on tonight I keep remembering reading way back that they had a different reason. I had to get out of bed & look for what it was & found this in the media threads from Aug. the link won't open but it has a good snip from it:

Jail house calls, video visits being withheld
Caylee missing for two months, grandmother says

Friday, 15 Aug 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- The public will not be allowed to know the details of the conversation that took place between Casey Anthony and her parents George and Cindy during their jailhouse visit Thursday.

A detective with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office says all video of the Anthony visits are being withheld “due to a criminal investigative exemption.”This detective is the only one that can lift the exemption. The exemption includes past video conferences, and any future conferences.

Link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2504194&postcount=123

LE had to have wanted to try to keep this one unreleased for as long as possible when they wanted the public to see a side of KC we hadn't. I feel parts of this video will be used in the trial in the closing arguments & wanted as less time for JB to prepare for that possibility.

If I was the state prosecuter many little snips of KC talking about poor, poor, KC only thinking of herself. How everything has been taken away from her, with not a word of wondering if Caylee was being taken care of speaks volumes of her being the guilty one reason behind Caylee's supposed kidnapping!

I hope this makes sense I was half asleep when this was still bugging me & I had to look for it. :crazy:

I looked at Yuri Melich's November 5, 2008 investigative report pages 34 and 35 where he mentions the August 14th jail visit of GA and CA with Casey and this day Casey sent a letter to Sheriff Beary wanting to set up a meeting of Casey with her dad GA. This was a meeting that got set up that never happened as Casey changed her mind (probably due to her other attorney who was visiting her). GA was recorded in the car on the way to the jail without his knowledge as per page 36.

Maybe that's why this video wasn't released with the others parent visits I wonder?

I would think that Casey's attorney JB would have known about this jail visit and a good idea of what was on this tape because this report was in the Thanksgiving document dump.

I looked at Yuri Melich's November 5, 2008 investigative report pages 34 and 35 where he mentions the August 14th jail visit of GA and CA with Casey and this day Casey sent a letter to Sheriff Beary wanting to set up a meeting of Casey with her dad GA. This was a meeting that got set up that never happened as Casey changed her mind (probably due to her other attorney who was visiting her). GA was recorded in the car on the way to the jail without his knowledge as per page 36.

Maybe that's why this video wasn't released with the others parent visits I wonder?

I would think that Casey's attorney JB would have known about this jail visit and a good idea of what was on this tape because this report was in the Thanksgiving document dump.

Thanks for searching that further for me. The letter to the sheriff was what I was going to look for next but got distracted for a bit after my post. I thought she sent the letter to the sheriff the same day & then changed her mind.

Good catch on GA being recorded on the way to the jail I missed that totally. I'm sure the other attorney talked her out of it I remember GA waited an hr or so before being told she was refusing to met with him. But I missed that Yuri recorded GA on the way there. Did Yuri record GA going home after she refused the visit?
Boy, I would like to hear that recording!!!

I'm wondering if Leonard and his team were down in OrLawndo by Caylee's birthday, and if so, could it have been Rob D?

No I dont think Leonard was there yet, Casey was still in jail.

This has been bugging me about the release of this jail visit in media reports they are saying it was a clerical error...an oversight, but as I keep snoozing off & on tonight I keep remembering reading way back that they had a different reason. I had to get out of bed & look for what it was & found this in the media threads from Aug. the link won't open but it has a good snip from it:

Friday, 15 Aug 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- The public will not be allowed to know the details of the conversation that took place between Casey Anthony and her parents George and Cindy during their jailhouse visit Thursday.

A detective with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office says all video of the Anthony visits are being withheld “due to a criminal investigative exemption.”This detective is the only one that can lift the exemption. The exemption includes past video conferences, and any future conferences.

Link:

LE had to have wanted to try to keep this one unreleased for as long as possible when they wanted the public to see a side of KC we hadn't. I feel parts of this video will be used in the trial in the closing arguments & wanted as less time for JB to prepare for that possibility.

If I was the state prosecuter many little snips of KC talking about poor, poor, KC only thinking of herself. How everything has been taken away from her, with not a word of wondering if Caylee was being taken care of speaks volumes of her being the guilty one reason behind Caylee's supposed kidnapping!

I hope this makes sense I was half asleep when this was still bugging me & I had to look for it. :crazy:

I think your right.This is the first time you get to see her as she really is.And it isnt pretty.

This was the point, I think, where Cindy realized that there were no real clues, that Casey wasn't trying to secretly send coded messages, or protect anyone but herself, that Amy was really just Amy, that Jesse was really just Jesse and that her daughter would be sticking with the Zanny did it lie without providing any further, or any truthfull information.

Heartwrenching

Something is telling me we haven't heard the COMPLETE video. KC says something in there about the police, and she is 'saying this so they cant put it out' but I don't know what she is saying. CA said something to her, and she said it again...something about police. I know I heard it twice. I only heard her talk about it, not what 'it' is.

Also, I played it again, for my sister, and used a different source (different
news station site) and I didn't hear KC refer to it in that recording.

Did that make sense, or am I crazy? :confused:

In the extended dance version of this recording, IIRC, she seems to be saying she will say (and has said) something negative about the police in every single conversation. She talks in circles about learning what she can and can't say, and points out that CA was the one who recommended she do this, in order to keep LE from releasing the tapes to the public, and that CA was right. CA, at her cheeriest point in the whole thing says "Thank you!"

<sigh> I had planned to transcribe these tapes yesterday but work got busy :D - has someone else typed them up yet? I think the part in the extended version where GA is going on and on and ON about how fast he can get this secret meeting with her if she will just ask is the part JB wanted out there. But I am not clear why two versions were released. And it sounds to me like NG/JV doesn't have the extended version.... why?

Friday, 15 Aug 2008

Link:

I think you are correct. Great find.

Did you guys see Geraldo on O'Reilly tonight? He said that GA and LE set this meeting up behind JB's back to deliberately let public see KC behaving this way. He further stated that the prosecution is going to lose this case because they are so gung ho. (Not an exact quote - my words)

Geraldo is just as big of a buffoon as his buddy-buddy, Jose is. Whatever either of those two say, I know to believe just the opposite. So thanks for reassuring me, Geraldo, that Casey is TOAST!

When casey says "I'm so frustrated I can't even swallow, it hurts."

Isn't that an odd choice of words?

Why did I immediately wonder if she strangled Caylee?

I think it was her lead up to her little pity-party of "I'm getting sick! My eyes are red and I feel like I'm getting a cold ....<sniff sniff>...waaaaaaa! waaaaaaa!" Another bid for attention and sympathy. But, I LOVED it when George ignored her when she said it and just said "Here's mom" and handed the phone off! Haha! It was the only moment in the whole sickening 30 minutes that they didn't pander and grovel to that demon.

I watched the extended version on Fox, which has way more than the WFTV version.

When KC is telling Cindy that she has figured out what to say & not say, she is referring to making comments about LE, & apparently they are under the impression the tapes won't be released, as KC says, "I'm sure to mention them everytime it's recorded " Cindy is delighted at this shared deception!

One thought I had with regard to JB not wanting this released, as something to do with police misconduct, is George repeatedly tells KC that a meeting can be arranged, away from any cameras, where they could meet secretly, face to face , that he was promised this thru LE, that it could happen anytime KC is ready. What I took from that was JB might feel that LE was interfering with his client, with Sherrif Beary setting this up with George? Just a thought:waitasec:

Also, this made me think that maybe there have been many clandestine meetings, with George & Cindy, especially after the remains were found, that the public is totally unaware of.............not surprising at all!

That video was fascinating - as another poster said KC even tops SP. There are so many things to dissucss about the contents of that video but one main thing I noticed was that KC says her main focus in jail has to be preparing for her trial, not on finding Caylee(!) and then later on says her feeling gets stronger every day that Caylee is ok and she is going to come home. If she really believed Caylee was going to come home why would she think she was going to trial?

The lack of discussion about Caylee in the video was heartbreaking.

Jose asked for these to be released in a motion to compel filed 1-7-09. Here's the file on docstoc:

Motion to compel

Here's a snip:

"3. On August 14, 2008, George and Cindy Anthony visited Casey Anthony Casey Anthony at the Orange County Correctional Facility.
4. Defense has yet to receive any video, transcripts, logs, reports and other documentation of the visitation conducted on August 14, 2008.
5. A number of suspicious activities, which may include police misconduct, relates directly to this visitation.
6. In November 2008 the State Attorney's Office released all video's [his misspelling, not mine] pertaining to Casey Anthony's jail visitations, except the visit of August 14, 2008.
7. In December, the State Attorney's Office released to the media all visitations except that of August 14, 2008."

I think it is clear JB had not seen this tape before it was released, and thought it held more incriminating information than it did. This motion was granted on the 1-9-09 court date and LE was given 10 days to release. JB probably saw it and wished he could close THAT box, :laugh:but that's what you get.

The way KC pronounces her words drives me insane. "I can't even schwallow right now", "schtraightener" (hair straightener), "you don't underdschtand"

UGH! It drives me nuts

and especially...she's either saying EXpecially or EGGspecially...but she darned sure isn't saying it correctly.

We may have to coin a new dialect - KC-bonics.

Jose asked for these to be released in a motion to compel filed 1-7-09. Here's the file on docstoc:

Motion to compel

Here's a snip:

"3. On August 14, 2008, George and Cindy Anthony visited Casey Anthony Casey Anthony at the Orange County Correctional Facility.
4. Defense has yet to receive any video, transcripts, logs, reports and other documentation of the visitation conducted on August 14, 2008.
5. A number of suspicious activities, which may include police misconduct, relates directly to this visitation.
6. In November 2008 the State Attorney's Office released all video's [his misspelling, not mine] pertaining to Casey Anthony's jail visitations, except the visit of August 14, 2008.
7. In December, the State Attorney's Office released to the media all visitations except that of August 14, 2008."

I think it is clear JB had not seen this tape before it was released, and thought it held more incriminating information than it did. This motion was granted on the 1-9-09 court date and LE was given 10 days to release. JB probably saw it and wished he could close THAT box, :laugh:but that's what you get.

And, that's why he was on Greta, doing "Damage Control":behindbar

Second view of the video and I really think that George was trying to get her to confess... a narcissistic personality LOVES to hear how they are in charge... you can see how he tried to weave that thread. He gives her the "CEO of all of us" scenario. Then he tries to tell her how special she is to be in the area she's occupying in prison. He acknowledges that she is in control. I may be way off base here, but I think that's what the FBI told him to do to try to get her to talk, knowing she and George have a chance for a one-on-one conversation.

I think you are correct in this assessment....ga knew what he smelt and KNEW what happened...in every conversation he has he seems to ask..."is there something else"--he does try---closure for anyone missing someone is so important....

O M G! Fox has a longer version of the video! It's casey being evil for longer.

What is this about casey's missing bible that cindy tried to give her?

oh my just when I think I'm all caught up on----now to garner something and try to hear yet more bs....

as for the Bible....the jail wouldn't allow her to have ca's--she had to have jail issue Bible.....their rules--think this also applies to books and such--could be wrong on that

I think you are correct in this assessment....ga knew what he smelt and KNEW what happened...in every conversation he has he seems to ask..."is there something else"--he does try---closure for anyone missing someone is so important....

So do you think GA is working with LE? I wish that were true, but I don't think it is...

I'm confused!!! I caught the part about KC figuring out what to say to make sure they don't get released (and she looked quite pleased with herself!)......but what is it that she says to prevent it from being released?????

Also, can someone link me to Fox's extended version, please? Thanks!

In the video , Cindy mentions she went to Lake county, fl. She also asked casey if there was anything she should know regarding that. As a fl resident who travels over 120 miles a day in driving , i was actually in lake county yesterday as well as surrounding areas. I passed thru almost 4 diffferent countys. What do you think she was doing in lake county? I know duckett case is that area. I saw child family services as well as leesburg has areas were jessica lunsford autopsey was done. Lake county is mostley medical centers, hospitals, forensics .lots of lakes too. so-- two things come to mind. She was there for meeting someone, doing her own investigation. also, i truly believe casey will get the insanity defense by time this is over and a couple of her other family members will also have gone nuts by that time-lol. we may too!!

I think i will invite myself over at cindys for chilli--i will bring the oyster crackers. i want to talk to her - I do feel sorry for her.

In the video , Cindy mentions she went to Lake county, fl. She also asked casey if there was anything she should know regarding that. As a fl resident who travels over 120 miles a day in driving , i was actually in lake county yesterday as well as surrounding areas. I passed thru almost 4 diffferent countys. What do you think she was doing in lake county? I know duckett case is that area. I saw child family services as well as leesburg has has areas were jessica lunsford autopsey was done. Lake county is mostley medical centers, hospitals, forensics .lots of lakes too. so-- two things come to mind. She was there for meeting someone, doing her own investigation. also, i truly believe casey will get the insanity defense by time this is over and a couple of her other family members will also have gone nuts by that time-lol. we may too!!

Don't Cindy's parents live in Lake County? Mt. Dora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member