SM as a potential focus of the investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her mother has given wrong information to the press regarding Terri; whether it was intentional, who knows. But, once again she is a source for this newest article we are discussing.

Just my opinions.

In my experience, you can hide a lot from mother's/in law's. The things that my in laws didn't know... were unbelievable. :waitasec:

They did not know I was pregnant until 6 weeks and 8 weeks before I gave birth. (2 children.) Their other daughter in law showed up with the baby when he was a week old. :innocent:

They did not know that our first child was not biologically my husband's, that I met him after she was conceived and he simply wanted to be her Dad.

They did not know that my husband and I never got married in those first 5 years we lived together.

They didn't know when we did get a marriage certificate.

They didn't know when we planned for a year, then went to Hawaii and got married...even though they had some involvement in securing the plane tickets...until we sent them a wedding announcement after we got back. They didn't even know we were together anymore. :waitasec:

I just recently found out that after 8 YEARS my in laws did not know that I play the Viola, Violin, Cello and Piano. :waitasec: Sadly enough that shocked me more than any of the other ones, everyone knows that about me!

There is no way they could tell you when we met, how we met, my relationship with his ex wife, my relationship if any with my daughter's biological family, or even where we live at any given time.

I am not at all surprised that a mother would not have factual information. Which is why, I would like to see the other side of things. I would like to hear Desiree and Tony's side. I'm not totally discounting this article, I would just like to hear it from both sides. :twocents:

Well, I would say contrast what some say 'best light' to the gossip/rumors/random opinions all over the net. At least this has some sources that can be looked up.

People who tear apart Terri's education will read this article to see she had Junior college way before finishing 2 more years at a University. That, to me, clears up some rumors about her lying on the resume. There are some very biased searches being done ending in false information about Teri. A biased search puts Terri in a bad light. Why throw this article out and accept rumor? moo mho
OH, I agree it shouldn't be disregarded. After reading it I saw differences given in the dynamics between these 2 mothers from what we had read before and it caught my attention as to why not just put everything out there if you are giving all of this detail. Now it could be what we read before was simply RUMOR and has been replaced with fact. That does happen in cases, eh? LOL And I can't say what I read as it is not confirmed and does not have a linkipoo !!! Might be all wrong anyway as to what was going on when Terri came into the picture. :banghead:

OK I've talked till I'm blue in the face. What part of posting adoption records meets our guidelines for not sleuthing out the SM beyond media links?

What part about carrying on this discussion meets our guidelines?

You have all been warned 3 times. TO's while I hate them will be considered.

This thread will close and remain closed until you all get a grip on what you are posting.

Stop the invasive research on this woman. Do not post it here!

Because LE and the FBI have told them it is past time that Kyron could possibly be alive.

:cow:

I am NOT pointing fingers at the family. The time line and circumstances don't make that probable to me yet, even though family are the first to be looked at. Having said that, most families of missing people keep a firm, if not desperate grip on hope past the time when it is logical to have any at all, sometimes to the point of delusion. They refuse to entertain the notion of not seeing their loved ones again. It is fairly early on in this case so the statement is intriguing.

Hello Gitana!

Oh my gosh... It is so good to see you here! Haven't seen you for a bit, always refreshing to do so.

I'm gobsmacked about this whole thing, do you have any particular thoughts?

How about the family being visited by the DA? Got a clue why that would happen at this point in time? I "think" that the latter is a fact, although perhaps someone can correct me if it is not.

It doesn't sound "rosy" to me. According to the article, DY and KH's relationship soured soon after they married and they planned to separate. Then DY got pregnant and they decided to give the marriage a second chance. Before Kyron was even born, DY filed for divorce citing "irreconcilable differences." Then her best friend moves in with her child and her ex-husband (he of the irreconcilable differences) and marries him. I'm wondering if the irreconcilable difference was caused by DY's husband taking up with her best friend. That would do it, I would think. IMO

That seems to be a stretch. They filed for divorce in 2002 but were having problems almost right away, according to the article in Oregon Live, after marrying in 2000. It states the step-mom began a relationship with the dad after the step-mom moved in to care for Kyron in 2004. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Plus, from everything we see, these people, in the most stressful of circumstances, are supporting each other. Their conduct supports the article. I would have no problem with a friend dating my ex, depending on the situation. It seems the mom and dad were not a good fit and knew that very quickly. But, the step-mom and dad are. So what? These people seem very mature and how they have helped each other to raise Kyron. In my business (divorce/custody), these people are rare jewels. If more people could ignore their petty jealousies and immaturity to work for the best interest if their children, the world would be a better place.
I'd rather have my best friend raising my kid than a stranger.

There are strange things about this case and some questions but I really think some of us are trying to make the facts fit our beliefs about the case. That kind of makes me feel icky.

We also now that she drives a bright red mustang. IMO, anyone who drives a bright red mustang is screaming for attention and wants to be noticed. Also, MOO of course, I also find it odd that a 40-year old woman with young children would drive a two-door mustang. It's not exactly the most convenient vehicle especially when you're dealing with car seats. But, it does draw attention, especially from young men. I'm just sayin..........MOO.

With all due respect, seriously? So her car choice makes her out to be suspicious? I've been trying to catch up and I do understand that there are questions, that's logical, but I'm not sure I like the way this is going on the thread. I think I'll step back and shut up for a while!

We also now that she drives a bright red mustang. IMO, anyone who drives a bright red mustang is screaming for attention and wants to be noticed. Also, MOO of course, I also find it odd that a 40-year old woman with young children would drive a two-door mustang. It's not exactly the most convenient vehicle especially when you're dealing with car seats. But, it does draw attention, especially from young men. I'm just sayin..........MOO.

BBM

Good grief!! To paraphrase, "Sometimes a car is just a car".

According to this article - http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html - Kaine gave the Mustang to Terri on Mother's Day 2007, well before the baby girl was born.

The article is being treated as if it has less validity than gossip/rumor/random opinion - why is that? moo
I don't think the article is less valid than rumor or opinion (noting that otherwise I'd have said naturally an article is more valid, only a few rumors online have...going by recent LE actions...turned out to be true). I do think that the article is not balanced. The info not obtained from court filings seem to be overwhelmingly from people who know SM. I do not think the reporters neglected to contact friends/family of the others (SD, BioM, BioD), because that would be slanted reporting and I doubt their editors would allow them to do that. My guess is that they did contact friends/family of the other family members, only those friends/family were not willing to talk at all on the record or off or give their opinions on the Horman family dynamics. And THAT, IMO IMO IMO, is a bit telling.

The piece is valid...in as far as this is how SM's friends/family view Horman family dynamics. Whether or not this is a comprehensive account of that family's relationship with each other is still up in the air...MOO and all of that.

This is very judgemental, offensive and quite frankly insulting to a lot of women.

My hubby and I were talking one night and I actually said "JMO" at the end of my sentence. Yeah, I am MB addicted.
OT:
He MADE me make a sign to hang over the washing machine downstairs because I kept forgetting to check the stupid drain screen before doing each load, which made the laundry sink overflow. He told me constantly for years and I still forgot to check that &^#$%^ drain. So he got poster board and MADE me write "CHECK DRAIN BEFORE USING WASHER" which made me mad, to be treated like a moron and have to write it, so at the the end of that, I added "FGS".. :) He doesn't know what FGS means, and it drives him nuts. haha.
Sorry, OT.
abbie

Hilarious! Thank you for the best laugh of the day! Do you ever find yourself saying LOL in a conversation with someone??

Yeah, and where was her vehicle parked?

Could someone tell me what door Terri exited the school from?

Was it the one near Kyron's classroom? TIA

I've since found maps of the school (thanks October):
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5303623&postcount=22"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Skyline Elementary School[/ame]

It appears that the door near Kyron's classroom would bring you out to the soccer fields, not to a parking lot. So my theory is toast. But IMO there is very little parking at that school and if the truck was parked in the lot, it would have been seen by someone.

One thing that has been bothering me - and I will post it here as it seems the most appropriate spot, but if not, please feel free to move - jumped out to me again after watching the video of TH and KH leaving the gym.

Aside from the fact that I cannot imagine going about ANY 'normal' activity - especially so early on - what has been bugging me is parents being away from the other child(ren) in such a situation. If I had one child missing, there is no way I would let my other child(ren) out of my sight. While it might not be rational nor reasonable to assume that lightning would strike twice, so to speak, having one child gone would have me clinging desperately to my remaining child(ren).

This is just really bugging me.

One thing that has been bothering me - and I will post it here as it seems the most appropriate spot, but if not, please feel free to move - jumped out to me again after watching the video of TH and KH leaving the gym.

Aside from the fact that I cannot imagine going about ANY 'normal' activity - especially so early on - what has been bugging me is parents being away from the other child(ren) in such a situation. If I had one child missing, there is no way I would let my other child(ren) out of my sight. While it might not be rational nor reasonable to assume that lightning would strike twice, so to speak, having one child gone would have me clinging desperately to my remaining child(ren).

That is a very good point.

If I had one child missing, there is no way I would let my other child(ren) out of my sight. While it might not be rational nor reasonable to assume that lightning would strike twice, so to speak, having one child gone would have me clinging desperately to my remaining child(ren).

Me too, but then again mine hardly leave my sight now...

However, one has to remember that they have had that Captain from the Sheriff's department *living* with them. He wasn't with them at the gym. So, logic says he was back at the house with whoever was there.

I would be slightly more comfortable leaving if my baby and babysitter were being guarded by a Sheriff who I had grown to trust. I still probably wouldn't do it... but, I'm not known for doing what is best for ME in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000