Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad thing is people who cannot smell, often have ZERO sex drive. The pheromones don't reach the brain. Good thing he didn't mention missing how he smelled on the phone at the funeral! Most parents do. Then again most parents don't say "he didn't do anything to anybody" either.
So...

All posts are MOO.

People who cannot smell also cannot taste. Taste does not happen through the tongue. The tongue can determine salty, sweet, sour, bitter. But the actual flavor of food comes from smell. That's why when you get a cold and your sinuses get so full you cannot smell, you also can't taste.

I wonder why the guy liked Chik-Fil-A. Was it because it was close to work and no other reason? And going out to eat at steak restaurants, etc. If a guy has no sense of smell--and thus no sense of taste--why bother to eat out? It just costs money with no real gratification, imo.

I sense something fishy.

People who cannot smell also cannot taste. Taste does not happen through the tongue. The tongue can determine salty, sweet, sour, bitter. But the actual flavor of food comes from smell. That's why when you get a cold and your sinuses get so full you cannot smell, you also can't taste.

I wonder why the guy liked Chik-Fil-A. Was it because it was close to work and no other reason? And going out to eat at steak restaurants, etc. If a guy has no sense of smell--and thus no sense of taste--why bother to eat out? It just costs money with no real gratification, imo.

I sense something fishy.
What about a cruise? Aren't meals included?
Why spend that kind of $ if you can't enjoy the food?
I did notice that MB did not say Leanna wanted to go on a cruise. Why did it take him 6 months to allow his brother to book a cruise with him?
If RH wanted to go on a cruise, go book !!!
Why did it have to include the brother and 4 kids?
Why point out it wasn't gonna be a romantic cruise it was a family thing.
Dude your brother just dug you a nice deep hole!
He should have stayed quiet.

Oh and RH can't [emoji103] [emoji245] [emoji225] [emoji226]... [emoji12]

All posts are MOO.

gngr, love those ^^^^ smiles :laughing::happydance:

can't see, can't taste, can't hear, can't smell

poor thing the only thing he can do is
get an erection so he can take those pictures......... :D

lolololol sorry.

Is it common now to have life insurance on a wife as well as a husband?

(I know, I probably sound archaic.) While I've worked full- and part-time over the years, we've just never had life insurance on anyone but the major breadwinner at our house. That was at the advice of our insurance agent (and parents) years ago.

Very common. If you have small kids at home and you lose the stay at home parent, you would have tons of new issues like child care, transportation issues, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

Harris started communicating with a travel agent about the cruise weeks before Cooper died, Baygents said. They settled on Carnival Cruise Lines after going online and finding a Carnival ship that had water slides for children.

“This wasn’t a husband-and-wife thing,” Baygents said. “It was family – kids and all.”
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...nbox_apr2013_ajcstub1#63de08bc.3823475.735434

But had they booked any?
And you know, you can go on a cruise with waterslides for children even without a child.
This proves what exactly?
He would hardly have told his brother that he was planning to get rid of Cooper so there was no reason to make plans for kid friendly. (and if other children were going to be involved anyway...?)

Baygents also said the Harrises were saving up for a four-bedroom house because they wanted to have a second child before Cooper turned 3. And they were targeting their search to areas with good schools, he said.

“What parent does that unless they are planning for their kids?” Baygents asked.

Weeks earlier, in an interview with the AJC, Harris’ landlord said the couple was preparing to go house-hunting in East Cobb in search of good schools and a big back yard for Cooper to run around in.

Areas with good schools may be good areas in other ways too. But can somebody tell me how hard they could really have been saving for a house if they had all of $6000 in their savings account minus $4000 in credit card debt and were planning to blow some money on a cruise later? What kind of a house can you buy with $2000 minus whatever a cruise costs for a family of three?

You know what else is weird? I used to listen to the Clark Howard radio show, and he gave great advice on how to save money. He travels a lot by taking advantage of those last-minute airline deals for weekend trips and he'd post links for those deals. He also used to recommend using your credit card to buy your groceries and pay your monthly bills so you could get frequent flyer miles! Of course, he told you to pay the charge card bill in full each month and don't use the card to overspend. This would probably work for a disciplined person - pay your rent, utilities, car loan, insurance, gas - and set aside that money to pay the charge card bill. But I don't think RH has enough self-discipline to do this and I can picture him spending more than he can pay. BTW, Clark Howard lived in Atlanta. I wonder if he still does his radio show and if that's where RH got the idea? .

You know what else is weird? I used to listen to the Clark Howard radio show, and he gave great advice on how to save money. He travels a lot by taking advantage of those last-minute airline deals for weekend trips and he'd post links for those deals. He also used to recommend using your credit card to buy your groceries and pay your monthly bills so you could get frequent flyer miles! Of course, he told you to pay the charge card bill in full each month and don't use the card to overspend. This would probably work for a disciplined person - pay your rent, utilities, car loan, insurance, gas - and set aside that money to pay the charge card bill. But I don't think RH has enough self-discipline to do this and I can picture him spending more than he can pay. BTW, Clark Howard lived in Atlanta. I wonder if he still does his radio show and if that's where RH got the idea? .

BBM. That exactly what my husband and I do, everything except our mortgage goes on the cc. It's not for flyer miles (we do fly frequently but get our miles and deals from airline and hotel rewards programmes we're members of) but for cashback on every dollar we spend and yes, we pay it in full every month, cc rewards are meaningless if you have to pay interest payments on outstanding balances.

I'm still getting my head around how RH intended to buy a house (and go on a cruise) with only $6000 in savings. He must have really been counting on that promotion. Most lenders really tightened up in the wake of the housing crash where they got badly burned by having lent too much to so many who couldn't afford to make the repayments. While you can still get a mortgage loan without much of a down payment, most insist on at least 5% down and, even with good credit, you're still gonna get a punitive interest rate for going in with so little down plus there'll be PMI for at least 5 years or until you get to 20% equity in the home. It all bumps up the monthly payments. Not to mention the lenders take into account ALL existing credit when deciding what you can afford, car payments, credit cards, student loans etc. Did I read that they had retained a realtor? I wonder if they got pre-approved for a loan too?.

gngr, love those ^^^^ smiles :laughing::happydance:

can't see, can't taste, can't hear, can't smell

poor thing the only thing he can do is
get an erection so he can take those pictures......... :D

lolololol sorry.

He couldn't do that without a prescription.

Speculation of course, but can you imagine the sympathy (and donations) going his way if he and his wife took a cruise to try to recover from the awful accidental loss of their son when the wife tragically fell overboard?

and it could have looked like his wife committed suicide because she was so distraught over the loss of her son

For some reason I'm not seeing these two as regular 'savers' so a large part of the $6000 might be their annual tax refund.

Someone said earlier that the 6,000 was probably LH's IRA.....as in RETIREMENT...., not rainy day money. Also, I believe (if I read the article correctly) that Ross was the one who started researching and contacting c ruise packages only recently, but weeks AFTER he knew there was no promotion or raise. JMO I wonder if Leanna even knew about the cruise plan..............

Someone said earlier that the 6,000 was probably LH's IRA.....as in RETIREMENT...., not rainy day money. Also, I believe (if I read the article correctly) that Ross was the one who started researching and contacting c ruise packages only recently, but weeks AFTER he knew there was no promotion or raise. JMO I wonder if Leanna even knew about the cruise plan..............

or the lack of promotion.

I don't think this new article and the info in it is going to get a lot of attention. One, because of MH17 dominating the news, but also because the reason why there is such high interest in this case is because of the prosecution's case that Ross left Cooper in the car on purpose. If they start saying that oh wait it might have been an accident, well, there goes their next big trial.

JMO but there is very little a toddler can enjoy on a cruise ship. Its not a vacation for small children. I would never take a toddler on a cruise ship. The vacation was not for Cooper.

Harris started communicating with a travel agent about the cruise weeks before Cooper died, Baygents said. They settled on Carnival Cruise Lines after going online and finding a Carnival ship that had water slides for children.

This needs to be proved of else BS. JMO

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/defense-for-toddlers-dad-writes-its-own-story/ngh3p/?icmp=ajc_internallink_invitationbox_apr2013_ajcstub1#63de08bc.3823475.735434

Not sure why the link won't transfer properly. I'm refreshing and copy/paste to the post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper