Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The content of that article was put out there to debunk as much as possible of the testimony that was given in the PCH. Damage control is all it is. It's obviously condoned by the defense team so, I'm not buying anything from this info. They're trying to keep this from getting OK'd by the grand jury IMO.

They've got a long way to go to convince me this guy is innocent. There are no if's, ands, but's or maybe's for me. If the grand jury says this man needs to stand trial, so be it. That will be the defense's time for excuses, alibi's and spin.

Still, why didn't RH just go with his family?

Why the hounding of the brother?

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...nbox_apr2013_ajcstub1#63de08bc.3823475.735434

But had they booked any?
And you know, you can go on a cruise with waterslides for children even without a child.
This proves what exactly?
He would hardly have told his brother that he was planning to get rid of Cooper so there was no reason to make plans for kid friendly. (and if other children were going to be involved anyway...?)

Areas with good schools may be good areas in other ways too. But can somebody tell me how hard they could really have been saving for a house if they had all of $6000 in their savings account minus $4000 in credit card debt and were planning to blow some money on a cruise later? What kind of a house can you buy with $2000 minus whatever a cruise costs for a family of three?

BBM.

I just took a quick look at 4 bedroom homes in East Cobb, and it appears the average price in the lower end range is about $250K. Closing costs alone for $250K will be about $5,000 to7,000. With about 5% down, one would need at least $15-20K in cash to close on a home in that price range, and possibly more for PITI, depending on the loan terms. With a 30 year loan at 6.5%, monthly payments would be around $1700.

They may have been doing just fine meeting their financial obligations as renters, on their 2 salaries. An average full time dietitian (assuming she was full time) makes around $50K/ year, and with his Home Depot salary of $61K, they probably made a little over $100K together. I don't know what kind of a raise RH was trying for at HD, but I'd be surprised if it would have been more than an additional $10K, so his monthly income would not have risen very dramatically even if he got the raise. The Chick Fil A corporate job he interviewed for was probably a lateral move at approximately the same income range.

I think they had a comfortable lifestyle, and really, $4000 credit card debt isn't very far outside of the norm these days for folks in that income range.

They would need a bit more than $6000 cash to close on a 4 bedroom home in that area, but perhaps their parents were going to loan them some money? Who knows-- it's a moot point now.

And I also kind of wonder why RH gave control of their finances to his brother?? (From the AJC article.) Why would LH not be able to handle their finances? Could they be seriously contemplating that she might be arrested, too?

I could be wrong but I read it the other way around. I thought it was RH hounding his brother to go on the family trip.

Adding that I do not buy that for one second.

Hard to say. Maybe if his brother never committed to go, Ross would have made arrangements for just his family. MOO.

The content of that article was put out there to debunk as much as possible of the testimony that was given in the PCH. Damage control is all it is. It's obviously condoned by the defense team so, I'm not buying anything from this info. They're trying to keep this from getting OK'd by the grand jury IMO.

They've got a long way to go to convince me this guy is innocent. There are no if's, ands, but's or maybe's for me. If the grand jury says this man needs to stand trial, so be it. That will be the defense's time for excuses, alibi's and spin.

I agree that this is defense spin and the AJC trying to be "balanced" to prevent lawsuits.

But I think RH has one insurmountable problem. When a parent "forgets" a child, we want some reason to understand why they forgot. This is such a horrific way for a child to suffer and die, in my opinion, most people need to balance the thought of that suffering with some...genuine, understandable reason...to explain the forgetting.

If there had just been a death in the family, a serious medical diagnosis, family breakup...something we can say is causing enormous mental distress...I think a jury can be persuaded to balance the suffering of the child with a compassionate understanding of the parent's blanking out.

But in this case, there is no denying that this Baby was forgotten in mere moments. And there is no denying what was captivating his Father's mind that day, as Cooper scratched his little face in agony...it was Dad's own fascination with his penis. Ross'penis and his sexual gratification kept him from responding to...that CFA cup he brought in from the car, or the email from daycare, or any mention of his "little Buddy" during the day. This is why he forgot Cooper. Everything else in his life, as the brother tells us..was hunky-dory.

Who cares if their finances were okay, or he claimed to "love" this child, or he spent 15 or 30 seconds in the car...the reason his Baby died that horrific death, the reason Cooper was so forgettable is because his Father was disrespecting his marriage and his workplace, and all moral decency by sexting underanged girls.

This is not per SE a moral judgement. I don't care if someone drinks, bit if you drink to such an extent that you kill someone, you are a killer. I don't care if someone sexts, but if you sext to the extent that you are incapable of remembering your own child for an entire day...and because of that, that child suffers and dies in a terrible fashion...you are a KILLER.

All this defense spin does not change these key elements. If you shoot and kill someone because your temper us your weakness, you are a murderer. In my opinion, if sexting is your weakness, and it makes you amnesiac and incapable of remembering a child you kissed moments ago, you aren't much different from the guy who kills because he cannot control his temper. Someone died horribly because there is something you can't control....temper or instant sexual gratification.

This man deserves nothing less than lots of prison time.

Just my opinion.

I could be wrong but I read it the other way around. I thought it was RH hounding his brother to go on the family trip.

Adding that I do not buy that for one second.

Exactly. That is what I meant, So why not just go

People who cannot smell also cannot taste. Taste does not happen through the tongue. The tongue can determine salty, sweet, sour, bitter. But the actual flavor of food comes from smell. That's why when you get a cold and your sinuses get so full you cannot smell, you also can't taste.

I wonder why the guy liked Chik-Fil-A. Was it because it was close to work and no other reason? And going out to eat at steak restaurants, etc. If a guy has no sense of smell--and thus no sense of taste--why bother to eat out? It just costs money with no real gratification, imo.

I sense something fishy.

I have a very poor sense of smell. I do taste most things mildly, but I find that most of the foods I hate and refuse to eat are actually because of their texture. I eat a lot of sweet things and salty things (way too many) and find things like vegetables tasteless. I'd love to taste food like it's supposed to taste.

Leanna said she and Ross had intimacy issues, so maybe he wanted his extended family around to hang out with instead of just his wife.

Maybe we will never know, but I wonder if he did ANY HD-related work that day. I suspect that he wasn't exactly a star employee, thus no raise. Arrived late, sexted and made lunch and movie plans, sexted some more, filled his face full of lunch,sexted some more, an hour before he left, was checking to make sure Leanna was picking up Cooper (and very concerned about what time that would be) left work early after telling his friends he would be late to the movie and that was the end of his productive day. The rest is more documented. YECCH. JMO

All I have to add is that I wish I could pay my mortgage with a cc. I would have racked up an assload of miles or cash back.[emoji30]

We have to use a bank acct per the terms of contract... Something about not paying with borrowed money (even though we pay our total balance every month)

I feel cheated

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Wait a second I just though of something- if homeskillet had 6g in savings HOW does he qualify for a public defender?!?

Maybe we will never know, but I wonder if he did ANY HD-related work that day. I suspect that he wasn't exactly a star employee, thus no raise. Arrived late, sexted and made lunch and movie plans, sexted some more, filled his face full of lunch,sexted some more, an hour before he left, was checking to make sure Leanna was picking up Cooper (and very concerned about what time that would be) left work early after telling his friends he would be late to the movie and that was the end of his productive day. The rest is more documented. YECCH. JMO
Yeah, wish we knew what their official grounds for firing him were...

Wait a second I just though of something- if homeskillet had 6g in savings HOW does he qualify for a public defender?!?

Dunno. But if he claimed indigence, his brother's interview certainly doesn't support the claim. Maybe the lawyer was just quickly appointed for the PCH? JMO

JMO, but this alleged dream apparently shared with RH's father is a detail that just strikes me as too storybook, too 'canned' (ie. premeditated) when taken in conjunction with all the other events in the weeks prior to Cooper's death. (And I'm a religious person who does believe Cooper is with Jesus, now.) When did this sharing of the dream with his father happen? Did RH see his parents in May? Did he share this death dream the same month that he was passed over for a promotion and a new job application, and just prior to 'hounding' his brother to book their joint family cruise in early June?

To say at a funeral that he dreamed Cooper was sitting in the lap of Jesus and that Ross referred to his son as "his little devil" really illustrates to me just how much of a disturbed creep Ross is. Referring to an infant as a "little devil" is usually done jokingly when they do things such as unravel toilet paper or make a mess. Is his family really that obtuse?

What did Ross intend to do on the cruise? Throw Leanna overboard? And where exactly were they going to get the cash for a down payment on a house if they were planning on going on a cruise? Large, recent credit card debt does affect your credit score when applying for a mortgage.

JMO

We'll find out when HD gets sued for firing him.

There is no legal basis for a lawsuit. HD could have fired him because they didn't like his bangs or the fact that he didn't adhere to office hours.

In the state of Georgia, employment is presumed to be "at-will" when no contract exists between the employer and employee. At-will employment arrangements allow either the employer or employee to terminate the work relationship at any given time.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/wrongful-termination-in-georgia.html

The money also belongs to his wife and he now has no income.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member