Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I am waiting to find out, too--I think it's soooooo significant to this case. Honestly, the fact that Det. Stoddard didn't know the answer to that question at the hearing made me question a lot of what he said.

At the PCH Det Stoddard testified that he started sexting shortly after he got to work. Did the Prosecutor or Kilgore ask him what time? I don't remember that.

I'll have to watch the PCH again tomorrow. Do you remember if that question was asked by the Prosecutor or the defense? That hearing is over 3 hours long :eek:

Oh how I wish we had a COMPLETE transcript

I don't know. A cute young travel agent maybe? To explain why her # was in his phone? Because they were planning a cruise that he hasn't told his wife about?

There has to be a reason. I was looking at
cruises available for October.
I found these.
Do frequent flyer miles work on cruises?
I mean fly... Duh! I doubt it, but I have no idea.
http://www.simpletraveldeals.com/se...rnival+Cruise+Lines/departure_city_name:Miami

http://www.simpletraveldeals.com

All posts are MOO.

You have to get yourself to the cruise. Airfare is usually extra. Suffice to say, Ross wasn't a financial genius if he loaded up the credit card and thought it wouldn't be held against him when trying to obtain a mortgage. And, as we all know now, there will be no cruise or new house.

JMO

I think Dect Stoddard kept that information close to his chest.
He can't tell everything during a hearing. IMOO

I think Dect Stoddard kept that information close to his chest.
He can't tell everything during a hearing. IMOO

Iirc also there was mention of RH deleting stuff that was found on his cloud & other devices.
Sooo....sounds like he wasn't a very savvy IT guy either If he thought deleting off his phone ...when he had all of his devices connected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iirc also there was mention of RH deleting stuff that was found on his cloud & other devices.
Sooo....sounds like he wasn't a very savvy IT guy either If he thought deleting off his phone ...when he had all of his devices connected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not savvy at all for someone who daily worked with computers. :)

I don't know. A cute young travel agent maybe? To explain why her # was in his phone? Because they were planning a cruise that he hasn't told his wife about?

There has to be a reason. I was looking at
cruises available for October.
I found these.
Do frequent flyer miles work on cruises?
I mean fly... Duh! I doubt it, but I have no idea.
http://www.simpletraveldeals.com/se...rnival+Cruise+Lines/departure_city_name:Miami

http://www.simpletraveldeals.com

All posts are MOO.

Is that price pp per day or the total for three days? $200 for three days is really cheap! If it is for three days

I honestly believe it never occurred to RH that his electronics would be searched.

I honestly believe it never occurred to RH that his electronics would be searched.

Of course not, the guy is delusional. He's probably been talking his way out of trouble all of his life. It's obvious he thought he was going to get out on bail.

JMO

Yes, I concur. I think he thought Cooper would die, that his death would be viewed as an accident and he would collect insurance monies.
What an evil person.

And all of the gifted money. It can add up to 100,000 or more

Why don't you think they would have been able to be preapproved? Between the two of them, they were probably making a six-figure income. I was preapproved for a house with a much lower salary that that! I know that it's said RH was passed up for a promotion, but he still had the salary that he had--and lack of a promotion doesn't mean you're on the downward slide. If I recall, in Cobb County, house payments could be lower than the going rental rates. I don't understand why everyone seems to think they couldn't afford a house??

Well, mostly because it was said that they have been saving for a house but at the same time they had only saved as much as $2000 and were planning to put some of that into a cruise. So whatever their income may be they have been in the habit of spending most of it, despite the nominal attempts to save. A $2000 rainy day fund is not very much with a six figure income, it can be easily blown in a week if there are surprising bills or extravagant spending. If you say you're able to pay for a house from a six figure income and have already been saving for one for some time I would like to see a bit more than $2000, just to prove that you're able to not throw away all the money that you have incoming.

Reasonable money users would probably be well able to afford a house on their income but if these people are only worth $2000 there might be some bills and spending habits we don't know about that limit their ability.

You might be able to pay the monthly mortgage off with what you're putting toward the rent but once you're a house owner there are repairs and lawnmowers and many other things that you may need to pay for that you didn't have to worry about as a renter.

He also mentions they have a good credit score
** I'm genuinely curious as to how AJC received access to these tapes

(1) Even with control/access to finances, I wonder how the brother have access to their credit score? Maybe it is a service from the credit card company, and it is printed on the statement? Other than that, where does one exactly "store" their credit score?

(2)I wonder the same! This still has me baffled.

Even though I had preapproval when I bought my last house the bank actually pulled another credit check the day of closing.
The debt to income ratio has to be in line. Since they had school debt, car loans, rent and daycare that six figure income doesn't go far in the ATL area.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-22-month-old-son-died-vehicle.html

The media is being really slow to report on the new article by the AJC. Only The Daily Mail has, so far.

It would make no sense for the media to start making the public think this was an accident. Public interest would plummet.

How did AJC get access to the tapes, but not other outlets? Did they pay for them? Did other media refuse to pay? I would think the defense would hand them out to free to all the media if it helps Ross's case.

Police officer does not equal financial advisor.
Police officer does not equal detective.
LE training officer does not equal either of the above.
He also mentions they have a good credit score -- according to whom? I can't tell you how many people I've assisted over the years who think they have a "good" credit score... but they don't.

How about FACTS? Savings $6k -- was it in regular savings? 401k? pension? whole life insurance?
Good credit -- what was their score? with each credit bureau?
What was their debt to income ratio?
Were in of the student loans in deferment or forbearance?

We don't know what brother's complete background is (perhaps he has credentials in forensic financial accounting?) but it's like politics or religion, imo -- you can take what you have in front of you and spin it to make it back up your beliefs. Add in relation and denial... bingo... he may as well not be LE at all if he can't provide facts that support his speculations... imo.

** I'm genuinely curious as to how AJC received access to these tapes and why they aren't all over the media -- if Cobb County interpreted it one way (clearly) and AJC & MB interpreted an entirely different way (clearly) then this is definitely something that needs to be interpreted by jurors... imo.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10767764

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10768231

They had to go view them. They were not allowed to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michnic90