Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i'm sure Stoddard can count, and I believe defense and AJC can, too. So, how many seconds did JRH sit in the car? If it's Stoddard's mistake, its a dumb one presuming that the tape shows time and seconds. I tend to believe LE but they made a big issue of the 30 seconds and if that is inaccurate it doesn't help their case. JMO

Georgia has open records. I doubt the AJC would put out a 2 page newspaper article about viewing the states evidence if they hadn't. CCPD would call them out instantly.
They also read a copy of the transcript from the 3 hour hearing.
Here is a part of the article that isn't included in the link.Hopefully I didn't blow the margins.If I did I will delete.

20140719_235538-1.jpg

Georgia has open records. I doubt the AJC would put out a 2 page newspaper article about viewing the states evidence if they hadn't. CCPD would call them out instantly.
Here is a part of the article that isn't included in the link.Hopefully I didn't blow the margins.If I did I will delete.

View attachment 55326

Open records is one thing. State's evidence I would think is another. Evidence to present to a GJ should not be taken as fact and put out to the public until a decision has been made whether or not try this client. I'm appalled if this is the case.

The day care sent Ross an email which he didn't open. Did they also send one to Leanna?

The day care sent Ross an email which he didn't open. Did they also send one to Leanna?

Whoa?? He didn't open the email!!!!!!!!

I open stuff from peeps I know just to see what it says and to delete if necessary

Well, i'm sure Stoddard can count, and I believe defense and AJC can, too. So, how many seconds did JRH sit in the car? If it's Stoddard's mistake, its a dumb one presuming that the tape shows time and seconds. I tend to believe LE but they made a big issue of the 30 seconds and if that is inaccurate it doesn't help their case. JMO

I think Stoddard likely did overstate some things at the PC hearing - like how he spun LH's comment to mean that they were having financial difficulties when her actual quote seemed to mean the exact opposite.

Plus, Stoddard said RH was sexting "up to" 6 different women. I would like to know more details about this.

View attachment 55326

Maybe I'm blind (and can't smell), but this still doesn't show HOW the reporter gained access to the video. Am I missing it?

JMO

I think Stoddard likely did overstate some things at the PC hearing - like how he spun LH's comment to mean that they were having financial difficulties when her actual quote seemed to mean the exact opposite.

Plus, Stoddard said RH was sexting "up to" 6 different women. If like to know more details about this.

That's my whole point. How is this regarded as "evidence" until it has been entered into the records as such? What info came out was not a "trial". It was a hearing. Everything is approximate until all their info is scrutinized and entered into the records as "evidence".

Maybe I'm blind (and can't smell), but this still doesn't show HOW the reporter gained access to the video. Am I missing it?

JMO
I don't know how they saw it. There were 3 reporters that were listed as contributing to the article. The article says, "all information was drawn from Harris' July 3rd probable cause hearing, search warrant applications filed by police and an exclusive interview with Harris' half-brother, Michael Baygents."
I just realized I cropped that part out. It's written just above the points and counterpoints.
They don't ever say where they saw the video, just that they reviewed it thoroughly along with transcripts from the PCH.

I don't know how they saw it. There were 3 reporters that were listed as contributing to the article. The article says, "all information was drawn from Harris' July 3rd probable cause hearing, search warrant applications filed by police and an exclusive interview with Harris' half-brother, Michael Baygents."
I just realized I cropped that part out. It's written just above the points and counterpoints.
They don't ever say where they saw the video, just that they reviewed it thoroughly along with transcripts from the PCH.

If that's the case, GA having open records, where is it that the general public can view it?

That's my whole point. How is this regarded as "evidence" until it has been entered into the records as such? What info came out was not a "trial". It was a hearing. Everything is approximate until all their info is scrutinized and entered into the records as "evidence".

At this point, none of it is evidence.

But I think the police and prosecutors really put the spin on their info at the PC hearing because they had gotten so much flack about making the arrest. IMO much of the testimony from the police was more PR than anything.

So if the prosecution is going to play to the media to get public opinion on their side - the defense has every right and reason to do the same.

If that's the case, GA having open records, where is it that the general public can view it?

I believe you go to the Court House in Marietta and fill out a request, then make an appointment or they call. I'll look and see if I can find how to view them.

Whoa?? He didn't open the email!!!!!!!!

I open stuff from peeps I know just to see what it says and to delete if necessary

IMO, depending on the subject line, it's not meaningful to me that RH didn't open it. It was an email that went out to everyone and, in my experience, it's fairly easy to tell when it's a general circulation email versus a personal one about your child.

[sarcasm on] Plus, RH probably wouldn't be reading personal emails while he was at work. [sarcasm off]

Whether or not he opened the email, it IS important because it was another possible trigger his memory that he hadn't taken Connor to daycare.

At this point, none of it is evidence.

But I think the police and prosecutors really put the spin on their info at the PC hearing because they had gotten so much flack about making the arrest. IMO much of the testimony from the police was more PR than anything.

So if the prosecution is going to play to the media to get public opinion on their side - the defense has every right and reason to do the same.

GA Judges do not put up with nonsense in the courtrooms. There have been attorneys that were admonished for lying to a judge so I honestly don't think it was "spin" and they most certainly did not make that arrest due to public pressure. If they hadn't made an arrest we wouldn't know much about this case at all. So, the horse before the cart here please. The facts presented at the hearing were from what info was gleaned up to that point. I'm sure there is more we have yet to hear about. Neither side has the right truthfully to play to the media for public opinion to go to their side. Truth speaks for itself. It's not a game.

point by point above. Defense wants to play this CFA visit with Cooper as a break from the routine. But that is not necessarily true. We heard from Stoddard that these little breakfasts at CFA were sometimes taken with Cooper and sometimes were taken after dropping Cooper at daycare. This was no break from the norm. If anything it was the norm for him to breakfast solo sometimes and with Cooper along a couple of times a month. Daddy son bonding time. After which daycare personnel confirmed for Stoddard per his testimony that Cooper would arrive alert, happy and excited.

Something you make a practice of with any regularity (such as taking your toddler to CFA for breakfast before dropping at daycare several times a month) is not what I would call a break from the routine. It IS part of the routine. MOO

http://www.gapress.org/sunshine.html
WHAT RECORDS ARE OPEN?
"All documents, papers, letters, maps, books, tapes, photographs, computer based or generated information, or similar material prepared and maintained or received in the course of the operation of a public office or agency" are public records.

HOW TO REQUEST A PUBLIC RECORD
An informal request is the first step, and the best way to preserve good relationships with public employees. If you are refused, or if the request is likely to be controversial, ask for the information in writing, citing Section 50-18-70 of the Georgia Code as the basis for the request. Under the law, you are entitled to a response within three business days from the time of the request. "The agency must produce the records within three days or state in writing what records it has and when it will do so or the exceptions upon which it relies to deny access to the records." (See sample federal and state FOI letters).

Well if this is truly an accident, what does this case show?

1. coincidences happen
2. any random father will be sexting at any point
3. preparing for the worst case scenario doesn't matter anyway
4. make sure to kiss your kid every time you buckle them up because it may be the last time you kiss them

point by point.

Defense wants to claim he did not specifically search for the animals in hot cars video but rather clicked on a link that popped up on reddit.

Stoddard testified and listed in the search warrants that the defendant is the one who told him about the "searching" for child hot car temp deaths. If that info is not accurate then the defendant did not explain it well to Stoddard or actual searches were done. Either way, its all LE says defense attorney says at this point so guess which I believe right now?

http://www.gapress.org/sunshine.html
WHAT RECORDS ARE OPEN?
"All documents, papers, letters, maps, books, tapes, photographs, computer based or generated information, or similar material prepared and maintained or received in the course of the operation of a public office or agency" are public records.

HOW TO REQUEST A PUBLIC RECORD
An informal request is the first step, and the best way to preserve good relationships with public employees. If you are refused, or if the request is likely to be controversial, ask for the information in writing, citing Section 50-18-70 of the Georgia Code as the basis for the request. Under the law, you are entitled to a response within three business days from the time of the request. "The agency must produce the records within three days or state in writing what records it has and when it will do so or the exceptions upon which it relies to deny access to the records." (See sample federal and state FOI letters).

Thanks for the link however, this stands out to me.

Criminal investigation files: As a criminal case continues after the initial report, the case files are deemed closed and confidential.

point by point

re the smell of decomp. whelp apparently RH once told a coworker that he has no sense of smell. The coworker told AJC. Yep that clears that up - NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bethechangeyouseek88