Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the AJC can show proof as to how they "know" this information, I take it with a huge grain of salt. Just like I do with any other media making any kind of claims about LE being wrong.

MOO

I hope the brother keeps on talking. The more he does, the more comes out. Now if only Leanna would go against her lawyer and speak out as well.

MOO

He seems emotionally combustible right now with all this stuff. She's acting bored by the whole thing. I don't think anything wouls light the fire under her, to make her talk publicly. Even without lawyers, I don't see her saying anything.

Can Leanna go after the media that was at Cooper's funeral for what they reported? Since they have no "proof" that Leanna said the things they claim she did, such as wouldn't want to bring Cooper back and things like that, does she believe that she has a case against them?

RH had lots of people talking about him.

But LH has no one. I wonder why?

He seems emotionally combustible right now with all this stuff. She's acting bored by the whole thing. I don't think anything wouls light the fire under her, to make her talk publicly. Even without lawyers, I don't see her saying anything.

If Harris decides to tell all he knows about Leanna's involvement (and I do believe that she was involved if not the one behind Cooper's death), then I don't think her lawyers will be able to shut her up. Right now, with Harris keeping his mouth shut (as far as we know) there is no reason really for her to talk.

MOO

RH had lots of people talking about him.

But LH has no one. I wonder why?

He's in jail with no chance of getting out anytime soon and she is able to be vindictive if someone does talk about her since she is free at this time?

Maybe it is because LE has not said that she is a suspect/person of interest yet. Perhaps when/if that happens then the floodgates will open.

MOO

The cruise info is revealing!!! Other than "forgetting" your kid in a hot car, the "accidentally overboard" on a cruise is next in line for difficulty in proving a crime was committed. Why not just take the family to Disney if you're such a wonderful daddy Ross?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until the AJC can show proof as to how they "know" this information, I take it with a huge grain of salt. Just like I do with any other media making any kind of claims about LE being wrong.

MOO

They claim that they had the exclusive privilege of viewing the video. They could have specified movements of Ross by citing the time stamps, but they did not. Why? JMO

What are you insinuating? That a general statement of "around 30 seconds" is perjury? I mean, come on. NEITHER gave an exact statement of the time. There was no emphatic time statement. It's really just pathetic to try and create that into a lie. I mean, seriously. They have nothing else, so let's try and make a non issue freaking Everest.

Why are you attacking me? I think you must have skipped the comment from me where I said I very much doubt the police (or the prosecutor) are "embellishing things". My post was that the newspapers are basically saying both the police and the prosecutor are "embellishing" things. Which like I stated quite clearly above, I don't believe they are.

Bumping

I'm seeing some articles popping up online about police "embellishing" things. Call me naive, but I doubt a detective would knowingly perjure himself on the stand. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Either way, it's still early days. We'll see if the evidence supports the charges in the coming days.

It has been said she is part time. They had the $4,000 he mentioned, student loans, and 2 cars. That is a lot of debt for people wanting a house. $6000 is very little for people wanting a house. So they put that toward the house, then what? They have nothing else. Not to mention that is only the debt we KNOW about. I would not be surprised to find that he created secret debt.

Then add a new kid, and the potential cost of creating that child, if they need medical help. Daycare costs for that child, or the loss of her income if she stays at home.

At one of the sources, and there are so many, it was stated that JRH financed his entire college education through loans. He went summers and completed his BA in three years. If so, his college debt would be extremely high. MOO, IMHO, :moo:, etc.

Do you think it is possible that Cooper might have drowned if he'd lived long enough to go on the cruise??
Only if he drowns in the tub, Cooper would not have been allowed in ANY of the pools.
DUH! Overboard... nevermind

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/PoliciesActivities_Ages2_5.htm

Kiddies Pools / Swimming Pools / Spray Parks / WaterWorks / Whirlpools
Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Water facilities include: kiddies pools/swimming pools/spray parks/WaterWorks/*Slides/Whirlpools.
moo

Well, then he might have a problem because anyone that can pull into a parking lot, back up, then pull into their parking space, turn off the vehicle, pick up their briefcase and a drink from the console, exit that vehicle all in 15 seconds must be superman. That's point one. His point of internet sites that just came up in a feed somewhere is also a feeble excuse. If you see it in your feed, you don't view it unless you click on the link. That's the choice of the user. He had to have clicked on those sites to view them. That's point two. If he had actually planned to go on vacation with the families, where's the documentation on that? It's just heresay. If this brother knew him (RH) half as much as he thinks he does, this wouldn't even be happening right now. To be so preoccupied with your personal addiction that you forget your child under these circumstances is criminal, proof of premeditation or not. SMH that the benefit of the doubt is being given to the accused because of an "interview" from his brother. It holds no water IMO.

Ditto; amen. :ditto::tyou:

Sadly posters are chomping at the bit to find LE doing something wrong.
WS is a LE friendly site but some are continuing to bash LE. :mad:

Cooper was not the only child going on the cruise and I do not know the ages of the other children, but a family friendly cruise by carnival also offers amentities such as childcare for adult time and children's hosts who oversee child friendly events and activities on the cruise. The slides may have been with older kids in mind and the other kid friendly activities was appealing to parents of children of all ages who were to be involved in this trip.

I feel RH is scum. I am curious how he planned on paying for this cruise and a new house in a good neighborhood with well rated schools with his promotion and a new job falling through. I do not see anything yet which makes me think Cooper's death was planned on the cruise. If it was, why bother with the hot car death. Too far for me to reach. JMO

It costs less for two to go on the cruise... and only one was likely to return MOO

Why are you attacking me? I think you must have skipped the comment from me where I said I very much doubt the police (or the prosecutor) are "embellishing things". My post was that the newspapers are basically saying both the police and the prosecutor are "embellishing" things. Which like I stated quite clearly above, I don't believe they are.

Wowsa!

LOL...I am so not attacking you in any manner.

ETA: When I was talking about it being pathetic, I was referring to the brother.

and so are a number of other LLCs. 114 per bizpedia registered at that address.

Sounds like one of those mailbox places that gives you a "suite number" instead of a "box number" to help small businesses appear larger. Some even have conference rooms you can rent for meetings.

They claim that they had the exclusive privilege of viewing the video. They could have specified movements of Ross by citing the time stamps, but they did not. Why? JMO

I don't see where they claim the exclusive privilege, but I could have overlooked it. This was the statement I read in the article:
The AJC viewed the videotape — from a surveillance camera at the Home Depot complex where Ross Harris worked — as it evaluated evidence and testimony in the case.

I also took the article to infer it was the AJC that viewed things as discrepancies on the video, not the brother. And again, I may misunderstand the article.

I have looked for and seen a lot too BUT they ALL (that I have seen) are quoting or repeating parts of the AJC article. No one can dispute it because no other media have been so honored as to have access to the NOT FOR PUBLIC videos. JMO

IF somehow the media obtained this via some type of Open Records Act request (which I can't see, but that is JMO) then I would think more of the MSM would jump on the opportunity to request it and view from themselves. If the AJC story hit the AP wire, then the other MSM would/will pick it up and may or may not run with it.

Does anyone know if the reporter(s) have twitter accounts? Wonder if they are getting any flak. JMO

Only ONE of them has a Twitter (at least that is linked to from their bio's that link from the article). The twitter handle is not his personal name, so I hope I can post it: @ajccourts. Along with a link to the story, the tweet said:
Holes in police account of toddler car-death case.
That tweet was Favorited ONCE and re-tweeted TWICE. The twitter bio is:
I cover legal affairs for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, doing all I can to keep those scales of justice on an even keel.

The other two both have Twitter accounts, but they are not linked from the article link. Only one actually tweeted about it, and it has not been favorited or re-tweeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily