Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what difference does the 15 second discrepancy (if there actually is one) make? Honest question. Given the whole picture of evidence, testimony, etc., I guess I am not understanding why this alleged 15 second difference would be exculpatory.

I agree with what you are saying, however IMO that extra 15 seconds (30) would just be another added detail that may sway a juror into a guilty charge. Even though 30 seconds is not a long time to get out of your car, I would be wondering what he was actually doing for that extra 15 seconds :waitasec:

by the way, IMO evidence is evidence, be it circumstantial or direct, BEFORE trial. trial determines what evidence is admissible or not but it does not decide what is evidence or not, just which bits of it are admissible and which are relevant. But the proper term remains evidence for facts and information gathered prior to trial.

Is it possible that the tape they saw might have been altered? Kinda like whae they redact or black out names on document dumps?
I dunno..

I know you remember all the craziness of the Anthony trial.

When all those pictures and video recordings of CA were released there were always those few who saw the complete opposite.

CA at the 'hot body contest' grinding on the dance floor = trying to take her mind off of grieving
Dead smell in CA car = pizza or squirrel

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.

We can't convince others of guilt or innocence, but we can refuse to be the fish :wink:

That's what I thought.

I don't think Baygeant lied at all. I think he truly believed all the things he said about RH. On the stand at the PCH and in the AJC article.

I cannot imagine what he is going through. Lord knows I wouldn't want to believe that my sisters were capable of killing my nephews.

swallowing the big fat whopper you have been told is sometimes much more appealing than re-evaluating a person you feel you know better than most and concluding they are a .

[h=1]Brother of Hot Car Dad: They Made a Terrible Mistake[/h]http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hot-cars-and-kids/brother-hot-car-dad-they-made-terrible-mistake-n161466

I wonder if anyone will claim that Baygents only wants his "15 minutes of fame" as with anyone who comments about this case?

View attachment 55345

Does this help? I reversed the image and blew it up and fiddled with the contrast to enhance the text on the paper.
---

We're gonna go to the early
movie so I should be home
close to 7.
(Ok.)

When you getting my
buddy?

(Call me) -can't read the rest of the line because Stoddard's hand is in the way

I wish we could read what the very first one at the top (in the blue bubble) says.

And then right below that blue bubble text is a response. It is two words and the second word looks like "y'all"

Anyone else see that?

on the point by point I notice the defense does not address the ill fitting carseat and its continued use after the Alabama trip, the setting for an infant etc. He simply explains why he was told that carseat was being used. Nothing further to explain why it was not at least adjusted to a larger child or not swapped back for the new one when the trip to Alabama ended.

They should have had new larger seats in both cars. Since they didn't buy two it really doesn't matter whose car had which seat in it since they both drove Cooper in their own cars.. He would always not fit in one of them.

I wonder if anyone will claim that Baygents only wants his "15 minutes of fame" as with anyone who comments about this case?

I think he sincerely believes his brother is innocent and that is why he is speaking out. He's law enforcement and he might believe his profession will help sway public opinion. The big problem he can't overcome is that there has been an overwhelming amount of negative information about Ross' character that already has been disclosed to the public. It doesn't matter whether Ross sat in his car for 15 seconds or 30 seconds, the Judge denied bail because of the totality of what he heard.

The "I honestly forgot" is not going to work as a successful defense in this case.

JMO

? I think the 15 minutes of fame factor is a concern with those who may be witnesses to events of that day running around giving interviews to the press about it. I "get" those concerns. I doubt we will see that concern raised about the brother.

They should have had new larger seats in both cars. Since they didn't buy two it really doesn't matter whose car had which seat in it since they both drove Cooper in their own cars.. He would always not fit in one of them.

totally agree

I think Stoddard's bigger point was that the straps in the old car seat were not adjusted to fit Cooper. The shoulder straps were painfully tight and added to his suffering as he was dying.

JMO

I think he sincerely believes his brother is innocent and that is why he is speaking out. He's law enforcement and he might believe his profession will help sway public opinion. The big problem he can't overcome is that there has been an overwhelming amount of negative information about Ross' character that already has been disclosed to the public. It doesn't matter whether Ross sat in his car for 15 seconds or 30 seconds, the Judge denied bail because of the totality of what he heard.

The "I honestly forgot" is not going to work as a successful defense in this case.

JMO

I find that people make that statement r.e. "someone wanting their 15 minutes of fame" only say so when they are against what the person being interviewed is saying e.g. the guy in jail with Ross who stated the Ross didn't act like like he was grieving, etc. Also Ross' highschool friend BM who had his 2 cents to say about what happened to Cooper, etc. JMO

I wish we could read what the very first one at the top (in the blue bubble) says.

And then right below that blue bubble text is a response. It is two words and the second word looks like "y'all"

Anyone else see that?
I tried inverting the colors and trying to clear it up. Still can't read that. I thought maybe
Hey you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member