Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baygents want to bury Stoddard IMO and his mother called the judge an SOB. Nice. RIP Cooper.

I wonder, when will someone ANYONE in this family talk about Cooper? When will they express rage, remorse, anger...that Cooper is dead? When will they call Cooper a victim?

I'm seeing some articles popping up online about police "embellishing" things. Call me naive, but I doubt a detective would knowingly perjure himself on the stand. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Either way, it's still early days. We'll see if the evidence supports the charges in the coming days.

Apparently a newspaper giving an inexact time, is reason to call a detective saying "around 30 seconds" a liar. That's pretty much the gist of the the "embellishment."

:facepalm:

Apparently a newspaper giving an inexact time, is reason to call a detective saying "around 30 seconds" a liar. That's pretty much the gist of the the "embellishment."

:facepalm:

Well not only him, but the prosecutor as well. I'm sure both reviewed the evidence and "practiced" together.

I wonder, when will someone ANYONE in this family talk about Cooper? When will they express rage, remorse, anger...that Cooper is dead? When will they call Cooper a victim?

Wow-- this is giving me flashbacks to the lack of love & support for Caylee from her family. So, so sad.

Ross' brother who testified at the grand jury spoke with a media source. Pretty interesting.

Also, Harris’ brother told the AJC that he and Harris were in the process of booking a cruise for the two families and chose one based on the activities it offered for children.

Cruises are pretty expensive. He wouldn't have afforded it IMO

​http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/defense-for-toddlers-dad-writes-its-own-story/ngh3p/

And the cruise [modsnip] chose was one he considered child-friendly because it had a waterslide. I have a HUGE problem here. A child of barely 2 is NOT using the "big pool" or zipping down a waterslide. He is splashing in the "kiddie pool". A waterslide might have made this a fun vacay for Ross, but I am not going to accept that he REALLY thought his baby was going to be enjoying a waterslide at age 2. A "child-friendly" cruise would be one with a crafts room, a nursery, and maybe an evening sitter so mom and dad can have a drink or a quiet dinner without leaving the child alone in the cabin.

Well not only him, but the prosecutor as well. I'm sure both reviewed the evidence and "practiced" together.

What are you insinuating? That a general statement of "around 30 seconds" is perjury? I mean, come on. NEITHER gave an exact statement of the time. There was no emphatic time statement. It's really just pathetic to try and create that into a lie. I mean, seriously. They have nothing else, so let's try and make a non issue freaking Everest.

And the cruise [modsnip] chose was one he considered child-friendly because it had a waterslide. I have a HUGE problem here. A child of barely 2 is NOT using the "big pool" or zipping down a waterslide. He is splashing in the "kiddie pool". A waterslide might have made this a fun vacay for Ross, but I am not going to accept that he REALLY thought his baby was going to be enjoying a waterslide at age 2. A "child-friendly" cruise would be one with a crafts room, a nursery, and maybe an evening sitter so mom and dad can have a drink or a quiet dinner without leaving the child alone in the cabin.

The brother contacting Ross and saying it's a go to plan a cruise (that he can't afford) right before Cooper's death, is also a problem. He can't afford it, and Cooper is dead. The brother saying they wanted a house, because they wanted to have a child before Cooper was 3 (would have to happen SOON,) is a problem. They would have to conceive soon and move forward with house hunting. It's all a problem.

We know he didn't get a promotion, we know he had multiple debts. It's all a problem. His plans and his image could not be maintained much longer.

IMO never. He is not a victim, he is in a better place, he was a handsome little devil, daddy's little buddy, but they will never view Cooper as a victim. RH is the victim, LH is the victim. That is the mindset and I don't see it changing.

how would this person get access to evidence???

The ONLY thing that makes sense to me is if LE showed them to him, knowing he was a fellow officer, and assuming the video would convince him that he was being misled by RH. But he is in deep denial and is justifying what they showed him.

IMO never. He is not a victim, he is in a better place, he was a handsome little devil, daddy's little buddy, but they will never view Cooper as a victim. RH is the victim, LH is the victim. That is the mindset and I don't see it changing.

Truthfully, it literally makes me ill.

That little boy has one of the sweetest and angelic faces I have ever seen. The spin the family has created makes me enraged. That poor little boy. They didn't deserve him.

I don't want to get a timeout, so I won't say what I think they deserve.

ITA. Wasn't my cuppa tea either, lol! My cruises weren't on family cruise lines, just regular cruises. I had no clue kids that young could cruise! Apparently, the minimum age varies by line, but IIRC, it's as young as 1 MONTH on some. Crazy, imo! Needless to say, the toddlers made the cruise miserable (at times) for the rest of us. Haven't cruised lately, but next one will be ADULT-ONLY! :smile:

Do you think it is possible that Cooper might have drowned if he'd lived long enough to go on the cruise??

LE/prosecution produced a copy of the video to the defense (moo) and then the defense showed brother and the news org. cuckoo for coco puffs if you ask me but I do think that is what happened here.

LE produced a copy of the video to the defense (moo) and then the defense showed brother and the news org. cuckoo for coco puffs if you ask me but I do think that is what happened here.

That's where I'm leaning.

"Look he said around 30 seconds, LOL it's around 15. Let's release evidence to a newspaper and call him a big fat liar and create a massive smoke screen!" (This is how it happens in my head. Ha!)

There is nothing about this stupid attempt at diversion, that I can take seriously. I mean, it's just so small and laughable.

I don't know about any of you, but if I were Leanna, I would be mighty insulted if my hubby gave control of our marital finances to his brother! What? I am so stupid I can't even manage our own bank accounts?? And this from the guy who charged $4,000 to collect a few paltry, worthless air miles! So insulting!

Let's just hope his airline miles are for Malaysia Air. Sorry. that was in terrible taste.

Wanna splish — and splash — the day away? Head on over to WaterWorks, our very own onboard waterpark. First up, there’s the Twister Waterslide, designed to make other waterslides jealous. Twister is hundreds of feet of spiraling awesomeness that starts you off high in the air and gets you down low with one of the fastest, wettest rides you’ll find anywhere. Select ships feature side-by-side racing slides, which make serious competition seriously fun. You’ll want to wear your speed suit for Speedway Splash, now on Carnival Sunshine, which features hundreds of feet of racing action, plus special lighting effects you can experience while on the road to victory. DrainPipe ends your slide experience with one major swirl of a finish, while PowerDrencher takes soaking seriously — imagine the biggest bucket of water you’ve ever seen, raining down on you from above. And this isn’t just kids’ stuff — the young at heart are encouraged to zoom and splash around too! (WaterWorks configurations vary by ship.)

from the wesbsite: http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-entertainment/waterworks.aspx

This is NOT an experience suitable for ANY small child, especially one who can not yet swim.

Wanna splish — and splash — the day away? Head on over to WaterWorks, our very own onboard waterpark. First up, there’s the Twister Waterslide, designed to make other waterslides jealous. Twister is hundreds of feet of spiraling awesomeness that starts you off high in the air and gets you down low with one of the fastest, wettest rides you’ll find anywhere. Select ships feature side-by-side racing slides, which make serious competition seriously fun. You’ll want to wear your speed suit for Speedway Splash, now on Carnival Sunshine, which features hundreds of feet of racing action, plus special lighting effects you can experience while on the road to victory. DrainPipe ends your slide experience with one major swirl of a finish, while PowerDrencher takes soaking seriously — imagine the biggest bucket of water you’ve ever seen, raining down on you from above. And this isn’t just kids’ stuff — the young at heart are encouraged to zoom and splash around too! (WaterWorks configurations vary by ship.)

from the wesbsite: http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-entertainment/waterworks.aspx

This is NOT an experience suitable for ANY small child, especially one who can not yet swim.

Maybe, that's WHY he chose it.

I just don't think he could afford it.

Being that Caylee was the very first case I followed, I was in shock and disbelief over the words and actions/inactions of that entire family. To know that there were people in this world like that was mind numbing.

It's very sad, that with this case, I'm not at all surprised. And that fact itself IS very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi