Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the words of Obama... "let me be clear"... :)

I do NOT believe RH accidentally left his baby in the car. I was simply responding to the two posters above me who said they didn't understand how anyone can ever claim to have forgotten their child in the car. I have done it myself, so I know it to be possible. In this case, I don't think it was a case of forgetting.

Does anyone know if LH received contact from the daycare as well or was it only RH?

I really, REALLY want to believe LH wasn't involved. I am still on top of that fence.

Midori: BBM: First, are you clearly ("let me be clear") saying he DID or DID NOT do it intentionally?
Second, While I admire your honesty in admitting leaving your baby in the car for a few minutes, huge differences ring clear to me between you & RH:
You have 5 children (five. five). Your children have a significant age range. You have stress in managing it.
RH has 1 (one, one) child. Did I say one enough times?
He has no significant stressors juggling children of varying ages.
Big difference in my book,

moo

I am a mother of a 5. My oldest is 19, my youngest is 10 months. Sadly, I have to admit I HAVE forgotten my child in the car twice. Once, I was running to the grocery store with two of my kids. One was about 3, the other was about 6 months. As I got the 3 year old out of the car, he darted into the street. I panicked, grabbed him, and then in my stressed out state, forgot to grab the 6 month old until about 10 minutes after I'd gotten in the store. Thank God she was okay. The second time I came home from work, and realized I had forgot to pick up milk, which I needed for dinner. I ran inside to grab something, and left the baby in the car in the garage just while I went in real quick. When I got into the house, my hubby told me he had actually picked up milk already, and so I sat down...completely forgetting the baby in the car. About 5 minutes later, I realized it.

I swear I'm not an awful, terrible, no good, very bad mother. I love my children immensely and would never ever do anything to harm them. It IS possible to forget a child in the car, though I don't at all believe that's the case in this situation.

I have my own theory that the mother really wasn't involved...that the 6 minute phone call was placed by RH to LH just so he can pretend to think he dropped baby off. For example "Hi Honey, I just wanted to remind you I'm going to the movies with so and so, so I guess I'll see you and CH when I get home tonight. How was your day?"...kills time...acts normal... and that's why LH said that RH leaving baby in the car was the only explanation.

You did NOT forget your child for seven hours! You are not a bad mother!

Yet there was that earlier case where the car alarm went off repeatedly and the dad just turned off the alarm repeatedly. I would have thought THAT would have triggered him to think about his baby, but it didn't. Our minds work in odd ways sometimes.
I don't think he knew movement within the car would set off the alarm. jmo

STODDARD: She was complaining about his purchasing, sporadic purchasing or overcharging credit cards.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Now, who was in control of the finances at this time?*

STODDARD: He was.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he tell you anything about his finances?*

STODDARD: Yes.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What did he tell you? STODDARD: He stated that the finances were fine, that they had
recently charged up $4,000 on their credit card. And he had done that for the airline miles.*

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.05.html

Re reading some of this testimony.
This doesn't say that $4000 was owed on the credit card. It says he/they recently charged up $4000 on the credit card. I take that as adding to a previous balance.

I am not even buying that "they" did it.
HE DID it. He did it for air miles....
She was clearly irritated because HE was OVERCHARGING it.
How do you over charge a credit card?
Doesn't it cut off or send an unauthorized to the vendor?
If you go over what happens?
Isn't there penalty for that?

Or was she saying he sporadically used the credit cards and had been OVER USING them lately?

Whatever, I was thinking about what the brother said.
If CCPD didn't serve a warrant on the bank account big brother could have easily padded it after the fact and if LH doesn't have her name on the account she had no access to it...

I wonder if him recently handling the bills was part of the premeditation, knowing he might not want her to empty the account. He never thought he'd be arrested. However an angry wife could do some damage to a joint account.

All posts are MOO

STODDARD: She was complaining about his purchasing, sporadic purchasing or overcharging credit cards.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What did he tell you? STODDARD: He stated that the finances were fine, that they had
recently charged up $4,000 on their credit card. And he had done that for the airline miles.*

This doesn't say that $4000 was owed on the credit card. It says he/they recently charged up $4000 on the credit card. I take that as adding to a previous balance.

Or was she saying he sporadically used the credit cards and had been OVER USING them lately?

If CCPD didn't serve a warrant on the bank account big brother could have easily padded it after the fact and if LH doesn't have her name on the account she had no access to it...

I wonder if him recently handling the bills was part of the premeditation, knowing he might not want her to empty the account. He never thought he'd be arrested. However an angry wife could do some damage to a joint account.

All posts are MOO

That "for the air miles" statement never made sense to me, and now reading your post, I'm thinking he said out of nervousness over what he spent the money on. I'm guessing the money was spent on something embarrassing. There's something weird going on if you blurt out "for the air miles" out of the blue. IMO

I don't think this indicates advanced planning for murder though.

So LH was complaining about his sporadic spending and overcharging on the credit cards.

Sounds like financial problems to me.

If he had known that his car had a "you left your child in the car" alarm do you think he would have still ignored it thinking naw.. I dropped my child off, or would he check?
I have no idea. I think people would check. Research says we'd still ignore it. Maybe they are right?

All posts are MOO

Had there been an alarm for this sort of thing, RH would not have chosen this way to off his baby.

Since Cooper was too old for fake SIDS, RH may have chosen to over-medicate (oh my God! What have I done? i read the label wrong!....sue the Dimetapp company), or "accidental" drowning (And it was supposed to be a cruise to celebrate our family). But recent hot car death cases (researched by RH) assured him he would gain not only sympathy but be forgiven by LE as a grieving parent who made a terrible mistake.

Murderers will always exploit the system, and the system will always evolve to check fraudulent "accidental" deaths. This is why our laws change, and why excuses once accepted by LE, with sorrow and pity for the grieving family, are now scrutinized.

I believe that LE is not "stupid" or corrupt when they are initially sympathetic to a parent suffering a horrific loss of a child. Therefore, when looking at historical statistics, it is important to remember that many of the cases written off as a tragic accident may actually have been intentional. The more success a method of filicide experiences, the more that method will be chosen by parents with bad intent.

Eventually, the deaths become epidemic. The information is out there, and the technology is available to eliminate such obvious "mistakes", and yet they are still occurring at a startling rate. And LE is now aware that the epidemic is not accidental.

Yet, until laws are changed, parents who kill under the guise of "oops" are still afforded the benefit of the doubt. So there is no real deterrent. Yet.

Is it just me, or is this forum slowing down? I know it's hard checking a dozen different threads, but I hate that after being away all day, it only takes me 5 mins. to catch up on all threads. :(

Maybe it is just because of no new news.

So LH was complaining about his sporadic spending and overcharging on the credit cards.

Sounds like financial problems to me.
Sporadic spending and overcharging sounds manageable. Did LH use the word "sporadic" in her description of JRH's purchasing? Sporadic spending doesn't sound too bad to me. JMO.

All posts are MOO

Sporadic spending and overcharging sounds manageable. Did LH use the word "sporadic" in her description of JRH's purchasing? Sporadic spending doesn't sound too bad to me. JMO.

Bumping for Ranch

ETA: if LH is complaining about it, I'm not too sure how manageable it was IMO

Bumping for Ranch

ETA: if LH is complaining about it, I'm not too sure how manageable it was IMO

That appears to be Det Stoddard's take on what "sporadic" means. If the word was "constantly" it would be clearer to me that LH was complaining about JRH's spending.

I guess we will see when her interview with Det Stoddard is released what she meant by "sporadic" spending. JMO.

:thinking:

I would be horrified to find that the money I earned (especially after putting my 28-year-old baby of a husband through college) was being spent frivolously without my prior consent.

OVER charging would indicate that the spending was more than they could afford. That may not sound bad to you, but that is a huge problem in this country. Bankruptcy and poor debt-to-income ratios are epidemic and have been since the early 2000's.

I know it is very common now, but personally, I am very particular about paying all of my bills on time and never buying things I cannot pay for.

If my husband were bankrupting us and also sexting other women while being passed over for promotion after job after promotion......yeah, that would be an issue.

I would be horrified to find that the money I earned (especially after putting my 28-year-old baby of a husband through college) was being spent frivolously without my prior consent.

OVER charging would indicate that the spending was more than they could afford. That may not sound bad to you, but that is a huge problem in this country. Bankruptcy and poor debt-to-income ratios are epidemic and have been since the early 2000's.

I know it is very common now, but personally, I am very particular about paying all of my bills on time and never buying things I cannot pay for.

If my husband were bankrupting us and also sexting other women while being passed over for promotion after job after promotion......yeah, that would be an issue.

My questions are about the word "sporadic" being used to describe a spending problem. It doesn't fit for me. I'm just curious about it.

I'm not suggesting that over charging credit cards is okay and I understand it can lead to all sorts of problems. JMO.

Is it just me, or is this forum slowing down? I know it's hard checking a dozen different threads, but I hate that after being away all day, it only takes me 5 mins. to catch up on all threads. :(

Maybe it is just because of no new news.

I think it is because there is no new news. I find myself posting the same thing over and over again.. lol Hopefully new information will come in soon :please:

I hear ya girlfriend!

If my partner was overspending, charging up our credit cards on needless items, and was on a fast-track to loserville in his career, had an affair, and then was also sexting other women (including a teenaged girl) and then caused the death of my baby - he'd be better off in jail because otherwise I'd probably take matters into my own hands unless someone stopped me.

At the very least, I'd be making myself available to LE to assist them in the prosecution of the man who killed my baby, and in my spare time I'd be meeting with a divorce attorney.

I certainly wouldn't be standing by him and telling the world what a great "leader" he is. As we used to say back in the late 70's/early 80's - gag me with a spoon.

I hear ya girlfriend!

If my partner was overspending, charging up our credit cards on needless items, and was on a fast-track to loserville in his career, had an affair, and then was also sexting other women (including a teenaged girl) and then caused the death of my baby - he'd be better off in jail because otherwise I'd probably take matters into my own hands unless someone stopped me.

At the very least, I'd be making myself available to LE to assist them in the prosecution of the man who killed my baby, and in my spare time I'd be meeting with a divorce attorney.

I certainly wouldn't be standing by him and telling the world what a great "leader" he is. As we used to say back in the late 70's/early 80's - gag me with a spoon.

Clicking "Thanks" was just not enough!! You said this so well!!! You summed up my thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina