Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is this forum slowing down? I know it's hard checking a dozen different threads, but I hate that after being away all day, it only takes me 5 mins. to catch up on all threads. :(

Maybe it is just because of no new news.

The number of people viewing the forum at any given time has also decreased significantly.

I think a lot of us expected this to be a case with daily twists and turns, crazy characters fighting for the spotlight, and plenty of leaks. It is almost shocking how quiet the case is getting, when the hearing and the media circus that followed was only a month ago. There is a website that tracks articles written about subjects, and there were about 800 written on July 3rd and 4th about this case, compared to 18 in the past week.

My questions are about the word "sporadic" being used to describe a spending problem. It doesn't fit for me. I'm just curious about it.

I'm not suggesting that over charging credit cards is okay and I understand it can lead to all sorts of problems. JMO.

When I read it - my first thought was that he went on spending sprees. Not that he consistently charged X amount - but maybe one weekend he would go out and spend $1000 on something or several things............then wait another week or two and do it again or maybe spend $500 the next time. Not sure that is what is meant but that is my impression of that term.

Editing to add: That is also consistent his personality and some behaviors that have been discussed here. For a teenager to run up charges on a credit card is bad and unwise but somewhat understandable if they haven't been taught about money...but for a 30+year old husband/father to do so is irresponsible, impulsive, and shows a lack of self control. IMHO

The number of people viewing the forum at any given time has also decreased significantly.

I think a lot of us expected this to be a case with daily twists and turns, crazy characters fighting for the spotlight, and plenty of leaks. It is almost shocking how quiet the case is getting, when the hearing and the media circus that followed was only a month ago. There is a website that tracks articles written about subjects, and there were about 800 written on July 3rd and 4th about this case, compared to 18 in the past week.

I found WS through Facebook after I heard about CH's death, from a friend who brought it up asking me if I thought he was just being charged because he was a dad. I haven't gotten "caught up" in a case like this since Susan Smith! I was in high school and wrote several papers about her, comparing her to Diane Downs. I have been checking this page several times a day since the PCH, but since it's my first time on WS, I don't want to over chat. :gaah:

I've never been a news watcher or anything, just current events, politics, etc, but now that I've been here and watching news shows to catch JRH information, I've gotten caught up in this Jennifer Huston and Abigail Hernandez ... I think I'm ready to go back under my rock. :/

When I read it - my first thought was that he went on spending sprees. Not that he consistently charged X amount - but maybe one weekend he would go out and spend $1000 on something or several things............then wait another week or two and do it again or maybe spend $500 the next time. Not sure that is what is meant but that is my impression of that term.

Editing to add: That is also consistent his personality and some behaviors that have been discussed here. For a teenager to run up charges on a credit card is bad and unwise but somewhat understandable if they haven't been taught about money...but for a 30+year old husband/father to do so is irresponsible, impulsive, and shows a lack of self control. IMHO

That's how I took it also.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sporadic

spo·rad·ic
adjective \spə-ˈra-dik\

: happening often but not regularly : not constant or steady

I found WS through Facebook after I heard about CH's death, from a friend who brought it up asking me if I thought he was just being charged because he was a dad. I haven't gotten "caught up" in a case like this since Susan Smith! I was in high school and wrote several papers about her, comparing her to Diane Downs. I have been checking this page several times a day since the PCH, but since it's my first time on WS, I don't want to over chat. :gaah:

I've never been a news watcher or anything, just current events, politics, etc, but now that I've been here and watching news shows to catch JRH information, I've gotten caught up in this Jennifer Huston and Abigail Hernandez ... I think I'm ready to go back under my rock. :/

BBM - OH please don't do that! WE love Chatting :) and chatters.....I live in the Atl. area and scour the news, online papers, blogs, etc. for any new "smidgin" of news about this case. When there is none - it's always nice to come here and find any threads that have new posts to read. Things will pick up I'm sure.

OH and WELCOME!!!:loveyou::happydance:

I think it is because there is no new news. I find myself posting the same thing over and over again.. lol Hopefully new information will come in soon :please:

Waiting for the date for grand jury :waiting:

BBM - have you been reading about the FSU law professor? That is very interesting to me - his name is Dan Markel in case you aren't familiar with it. Just something else to read about while we wait for news here. And there are less than 10 pages so far - easy to get "up to speed".

No rock hiding allowed!

BBM, we have forums here with those same names.:rocker:

Sporadic spending and overcharging sounds manageable. Did LH use the word "sporadic" in her description of JRH's purchasing? Sporadic spending doesn't sound too bad to me. JMO.

Even though transcript said Det said that Leanna said sporadic spending, is it possible she said erratic spending?
i.e., she meant, Ross bought things (she considered) frivolous, like guitar, amps, electronic gadgets, etc.
and was delinquent on electric & water bills, car payments, student loan payments?
Perhaps that could be sporadic spending.

I'm thinking of a similar age couple w toddler a few years back who had sufficient income to cover their monthly expenses.
Sadly the husband- 'family leader' handling finances often let utility bills, rent, car payment, etc go delinquent.
Then for each payment there would be a ~$25 late fee, and on credit cards a/c's over spending limit,
there would be ~$30 over-limit fee. He failed to balance checking account, so each month they had 4-5 checks bounce -NSF -
w bank charge of $35 each, after which the electric co charged a ~$30 returned check fee each time. Ditto the other payees.
Also reconnection charge for cable TV every couple months.
IOW, $400-$600 fees each month, apretty stiff penalty for not keeping the ckbk straight, over nearly two years.
The wife wondering why she was getting collection-type calls at home.

I wonder if something like this could have been happening w R & L. Frivolous spending could have made it worse.
Just a possibility.
RIP Cooper.

I hear ya girlfriend!

If my partner was overspending, charging up our credit cards on needless items, and was on a fast-track to loserville in his career, had an affair, and then was also sexting other women (including a teenaged girl) and then caused the death of my baby - he'd be better off in jail because otherwise I'd probably take matters into my own hands unless someone stopped me.

At the very least, I'd be making myself available to LE to assist them in the prosecution of the man who killed my baby, and in my spare time I'd be meeting with a divorce attorney.

I certainly wouldn't be standing by him and telling the world what a great "leader" he is. As we used to say back in the late 70's/early 80's - gag me with a spoon.

excellent post sorrell! :rocker:
gag me with a spoon! hahaaa :hilarious:

I sincerely doubt that any of the officers are getting any kind of jollies from reading any of those sexts. This case is about Cooper, the officers realize this. There aren't to many people like Harris out there, thank goodness, and those that are like him wouldn't cut it in being an officer to begin with.

MOO

Well said and thank you :) for saying it...

I sincerely doubt that any of the officers are getting any kind of jollies from reading any of those sexts. This case is about Cooper, the officers realize this. There aren't to many people like Harris out there, thank goodness, and those that are like him wouldn't cut it in being an officer to begin with.

MOO
I was thinking the same, which is exactly why RH never made it past 911 operator or was it just dispatcher. Doesn't a 911 operator require schooling? ***Nope I am wrong.
http://911.cobbcountyga.gov/job.htm

I think it does here. Maybe I have it confused with EMT.

Now I am sitting here shaking. my head! Why would LH need to pull anything up to prove to him how dangerous a hot car was? Working in a 911 center didn't grow him a clue?
I am REALLY starting to think he was a sicko!
I hope if he has harmed anyone else ever in his life that he does end up serving time. I want his DNA in a data bank.
I am concerned that nothing will come from the 17yr old.

Even at 16 if she consented because she was pulled inor encouraged , she can say as much can't she?
I can see her parents dropping it to avoid embarrassment.
I mean think about it. You are 16 sleeping with a "27" yr old. Only to find out he is 33 and killed his baby. It's definitely a lesson that many teens need to learn, but so cruel.

All posts are MOO

MOO

ummmm...I beg to differ with you on that. But we can agree to disagree....

ummmm...I beg to differ with you on that. But we can agree to disagree....

Well let's put it in perspective here. Harris was sexting during his work hours while Cooper was fighting for his life in the car. The officers know this fact. The officers know all about the horrible way that Cooper died. A person does not become a police officer (typically) that does not truly want to help people/serve their community. Those that are wanting to be police officers because of some other agenda are (typically) weeded out early on before having any kind of meaningful career as a police officer. I would wager that most, if not all, of the police officers on this case are finding it difficult to deal with the death of a 22 month old little boy that appears to have been intentional. Then there is the matter of the sexting with a 16 year old. The officers know who she is, along with most if not all of the other women, and know that what Harris did was illegal. Many of them are more than likely parents themselves. Unlike Harris, they more than likely care and love their child/ren deeply. When dealing with a case like this, the horrible death of a little child, they are going to take it seriously. And not all guys watch/enjoy *advertiser censored* and/or sexting. Painting them (the officers and men) with such a broad stroke is not only not fair to them, it is also disrespectful to all men.

MOO

This writer is pissing me off. Is this a MSM publication? What is up with the media in Georgia playing devils advocate on this case? I get being skeptical what I can't comprehend is tailoring the data to match your theory in a news media publication. I need to calm down. I left him a comment at the end of his article. <mod snip>

I agree with everything you wrote!!!! Thank you for leaving the writer a comment at the end of his article.

I bet jh never forgot his cell phone....
and never forgot to send pictures of his thing to his sexting partners.

Waiting for the date for grand jury :waiting:

I think the only new info we are going to learn from the GJ is whether or not they indicted him. I am pretty sure the proceedings are private....at least they are in other states.

I wouldn't be surprised if the judge issues a gag order on this case...not sure when that would be done though.

I keep coming back to him saying he thought Cooper was choking. Which is so absurd I think it could be the small detail that does him in. What possible rationale could he come up with to explain why he would think that?

OT but Sorrell Skye, "gag me with a spoon", that is a blast from the past! Where did that even originate from (I mean I understand the meaning but who made it into a common-at that time- expression)? :hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina