Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are 3- 4-and 5- year olds left to their own devices long enough to climb into an unattended vehicle NOT victims of at the very least, neglect?

If children could care for themselves, parents would not be necessary. But surprise! They NEED parents. It's your job as a parent to be aware of your children at all times. Sorry if Farmville or CandyCrush are more funner, but FFS, you have CHILDREN.

PLEASE, parent those children.

ETA: not directed at HippieMom, whom I really like. Just a general observation regarding absolution of negligence.

After researching this afternoon, I have the same question... Why are these parents not being charged!? The one case in particular, the dad is in jail standing trial, his daughter died right before Cooper, Bella was 4. Bella and her sister, Zoey, 3, wandered out to their dad's truck while their dad did laundry and played games on his cell phone thinking they were asleep. Zoey lived. The dad admitted that the girls had gotten into the truck before.

I believe the subconsious is very powerful.

So it begs me to wonder: how many of these children's deaths in a hot car are really due to the parent not wanting to be a parent anymore and the subconsious mind kicks in? Maybe they are resentful or jealous of the attention the child gets from the other parent? Maybe they have grown tired of the enormous responsibility? Maybe they want a divorce but the financial burden of child support is too much for them to endure?
Maybe some want their former single life back---footloose and fancy free?
Maybe some of them feel that their sex life has gone to he*l-in-a-handbasket since the child has come onboard?
Maybe having a child has put emotional, financial, and psychological pressure on the parent and they are near the breaking point.
Maybe they thought being a parent was something as easy as taking up a new hobby?
Maybe for some, it's always been only about themselves and what was advantageous to themselves (no sacrifices)?

So for them, they sort of "forget".....and in reality they subconsiously make the choice of taking the child's life in a passive way. When you truly don't want to be a Mom or Dad anymore, bad things tend to happen. Some can't bare to accept that and deal with it in a mature way. They don't want to accept what they truly are and decipher a way to make things right.

Believe me, my attempt here at hypothesizing does not mean that I agree with them. I do not agree with anything related to allowing a child, dog, infant, cat, goldfish, pony, etc, etc to die due to a lack of diligence and thoughtfulness on an adult's part.

I just really think there is a psychological/emotional issue(s) going on here more than simply, "oopsy, I forgot".

And I would suspect that the other parent might have a clue or two about it as well.

I really don't think the "majority" of hot car deaths are intentional.

Justin Ross Harris did not call 911. Is there a recording of his voice in the background during the 911 call that was made?

http://www.pulitzer.org/works/2010-Feature-Writing

Bryce Balfour was forgotten by his mother, Lyn, in the hot car. Contrast Lyn's on-scene reaction to JRH's.

Thank you for posting that. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever read. It also supported my belief that terrible things like this can happen to loving parents, which I know is a very unpopular opinion here.

But, as you said, the differences between these cases and RH's, reactions, etc., continue to make me feel that it was not unintentional in this case. Not because it couldn't have been, as many speculate, just because of everything else, before and after.

Wasn't there some discussion about LH's place of employment? I saw a map on one of these threads that showed her trip from work to the daycare. Was it found that Stoddard was not correct in his testimony that she worked out of the home?

Maybe some parents need to hang a "Baby On Board" sign on their rear view mirror facing them so that it helps them to remember (or like I posted on another thread, put a clothes pin on their nose or a Halloween clown nose on 'cause I'm sure they wouldn't forget to exit the car sporting that---and perhaps it will remind them of their precious child).

Heck, whatever it takes! :scared:

moo

I'm loving every single one of your posts, every time I'm about to respond to something....you MORE than covered it :)
You're on a roll! And you ROCK!!!!

JMO, I have the same car as RH. I did an experiment...left my DH in the car and locked it. He moved around inside the car and this caused my car alarm to go off. Had Cooper been able to get out of his seat and move around the alarm would go off. JMO

We know Cooper "moved" while in the car seat because of banging his head against the back of the car seat and clawing at his face. He probably kicked his legs too, so I'm assuming you meant that your DH moved from one place to another inside the car which set off the alarm?

Wasn't there some discussion about LH's place of employment? I saw a map on one of these threads that showed her trip from work to the daycare. Was it found that Stoddard was not correct in his testimony that she worked out of the home?

STODDARD: The first person to wake up was Justin's wife, Leanna.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And what time did she wake up?

STODDARD: Around 6:30.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What time did Cooper, the child, and the defendant wake up? Actually get out of bed?

STODDARD: They got out of bed after 7:00.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Where did Leanna, the mother of the child, go that day?

STODDARD: Leanna left for work about 7:15 this morning.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

While CNN affiliates report that she worked out of her Marietta home, she is employed by DaVita Inc., a Demopolis, Alabama-based health care firm.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/justice/leanna-harris-5-questions/

yes I think you are correct but I was unable to locate that particular snip in the transcripts although I am almost sure I have seen it there before. I have read those things and watched the videos so many times it has all become gibberish at this point :crazy:

yes I think you are correct but I was unable to locate that particular snip in the transcripts although I am almost sure I have seen it there before. I have read those things and watched the videos so many times it has all become gibberish at this point :crazy:

I know what you mean! I was going to look it up tomorrow, but turns out I stopped at that spot so I found it right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff6SR0oHFQ8
CroakerQueen / RH Probation Hearing / Pt 2 / @27:30

thats right. I remember now because that portion of the hearing was not transcribed and we had to go looking for it right after the hearing because those of us who watched remembered the testimony but could not locate it in the transcripts. Bless you for finding it. I too was going to try to find it in the video tomorrow so you save us both the headach. I hate leaving loose ends :D

:tantrum: not this again!
For days we previously discussed does --
working out of her home mean....
literally working FROM her home
or
working outside of her home.

Oooo, you can bet David Diamond will be called as an expert to testify. He was just in Australia...
"Professor David Diamond was called as an expert witness in the trial and says these cases are more common than people might think."
http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2014/s4053707.htm
All posts are MOO

Prof Diamond is the one who testified about Forgotten Baby Syndrome, right?
Regardless of who has testified about it, does the DSM discuss this FBS?
How long ago was this term coined? Who originated it?
Thx in adv.

Ok, just learned from my friend, Dr Wiki re Heat Stroke ---
"...Forgotten baby syndrome (FBS) is a pseudo-medical term for the danger of adult caregivers forgetting about the presence of a child and consequently subjecting the child to danger. In spite of the word "syndrome" this is not a recognized medical condition; however the term has achieved some currency in newspapers, magazines, blogs, and other popular media.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9]..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_baby_syndrome#Forgotten_baby_syndrome[/SUP]

Prof Diamond is the one who testified about Forgotten Baby Syndrome, right?
Regardless of who has testified about it, does the DSM discuss this FBS?
How long ago was this term coined? Who originated it?
Thx in adv.

Ok, just learned from my friend, Dr Wiki re Heat Stroke ---
"...Forgotten baby syndrome (FBS) is a pseudo-medical term for the danger of adult caregivers forgetting about the presence of a child and consequently subjecting the child to danger. In spite of the word "syndrome" this is not a recognized medical condition; however the term has achieved some currency in newspapers, magazines, blogs, and other popular media.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9]..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_baby_syndrome#Forgotten_baby_syndrome[/SUP]

Oh me Oh my, What term will be coined next to make wrong doing seem some what excusable. Forgotten baby syndrome, hmmm Forgotten that I'm married syndrome, Forgotten to wear a condom syndrome, Forgotten to wipe my arse syndrome, forgotten to go to work syndrome, forgotten to have morals syndrome, what will it be next? Just another excuse. But as I see it we will ALL be diagnosed with something before it's over. He didn't forget. jmo

Oh me Oh my, What term will be coined next to make wrong doing seem some what excusable. Forgotten baby syndrome, hmmm Forgotten that I'm married syndrome, Forgotten to wear a condom syndrome, Forgotten to wipe my arse syndrome, forgotten to go to work syndrome, forgotten to have morals syndrome, what will it be next? Just another excuse. But as I see it we will ALL be diagnosed with something before it's over. He didn't forget. jmo

I agree. To call this a "syndrome" is an insult to all of the people who have REAL medical or developmental syndromes. Ridiculous. The term was coined specifically to get lucrative expert witness gigs, methinks.

I agree. To call this a "syndrome" is an insult to all of the people who have REAL medical or developmental syndromes. Ridiculous. The term was coined specifically to get lucrative expert witness gigs, methinks.

We already have "affluenza" to excuse the very rich for committing crimes.
Now we got "forgotten baby syndrome" for those who bake their children in cars?
All righty then.

JMO, I have the same car as RH. I did an experiment...left my DH in the car and locked it. He moved around inside the car and this caused my car alarm to go off. Had Cooper been able to get out of his seat and move around the alarm would go off. JMO

Cooper may not have weighed enough to rock the car.

I don't think so. 50% of hot car deaths are 2 and under but this year alone, there have been 4 and 5 year olds left in cars who have died. Those cases aren't all over the news, so I'm assuming they were cases of "forgotten baby syndrome" and those children couldn't get out of their seats, set off alarms, climb out of the car, etc. I'm going to google the older children's stories.

Older kids often climb into the car to play, or even listen to the radio... it's not as common for them to be "accidentally" left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina