Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO no way he would do that. Not where he lived!
Lots of unsavory characters just a short walk away.

If he could just remove a fuse maybe... that would be easy.
Police woukd have known if car alarm disabled..
All posts are MOO

Harris drove a 2011 Hyundai Tucson we are not sure which bells and whistles he had in the vehicle or if it was just loaded with the standard options.

JMO, I have the same car as RH. I did an experiment...left my DH in the car and locked it. He moved around inside the car and this caused my car alarm to go off. Had Cooper been able to get out of his seat and move around the alarm would go off. JMO

Wow. Just...wow. Great experiment (though it breaks my heart).

JMO, I have the same car as RH. I did an experiment...left my DH in the car and locked it. He moved around inside the car and this caused my car alarm to go off. Had Cooper been able to get out of his seat and move around the alarm would go off. JMO

Do most children who are left in their car seats escape and move around?

Cooper would have pushed with his feet and kicked them against the back seat IMO. Not sure if that would trigger an alarm.

Do most children who are left in their car seats escape and move around?

I don't know about most. My niece does in her toddler seat but it is forward facing. When we stop she is already out of the seat by the time I open her door.
She is Cooper's age. In an infant seat tightly buckled probably not.

NO but does anyone know if the alarm goes off because it is a motion detector? JMO

I don't know about most. My niece does in her toddler seat but it is forward facing. When we stop she is already out of the seat by the time I open her door.
She is Cooper's age. In an infant seat tightly buckled probably not.

I meant those that are left in the car and die.

I meant those that are left in the car and die.

I don't think so. 50% of hot car deaths are 2 and under but this year alone, there have been 4 and 5 year olds left in cars who have died. Those cases aren't all over the news, so I'm assuming they were cases of "forgotten baby syndrome" and those children couldn't get out of their seats, set off alarms, climb out of the car, etc. I'm going to google the older children's stories.

I don't think so. 50% of hot car deaths are 2 and under but this year alone, there have been 4 and 5 year olds left in cars who have died. Those cases aren't all over the news, so I'm assuming they were cases of "forgotten baby syndrome" and those children couldn't get out of their seats, set off alarms, climb out of the car, etc. I'm going to google the older children's stories.

If that's the case then I don't understand the point of the experiment.

Why would LE include those comments as reason for suspicion of something? If LH left Cooper in the car on purpose, why would he be blurting those things out at the police station? I think those kind of comments as coming from someone who was truly surprised to have found his son dead in the car, not someone who was trying to make it look like a mistake when it wasn't.

In the context of the hearing, they were pointing out his unusual behavior. They said he did not get emotional until he saw LH and even then his emotion was about being charged and losing his job, not emotion about losing Cooper.

Quoting myself here. So out of the 18 deaths listed this year, there was a 3, two 4 year olds and two 5 year olds. None of them were forgotten baby syndrome, they were all kids that climbed into cars while unattended, and died before they were found, with the exception of the 3 year old, who died at the hospital later. It seems like the heat takes over, the kids get tired, disoriented and then either vomit, have seizures or pass out... These are all unbuckled kids, old enough to unlock and open doors, honk the horn, etc, sadly, the heat gets to them before they can do anything about the situation they're in. One child did have autism and one had Down's syndrome.

I do recall reading a story about a hot car death and "forgotten baby syndrome," where a dad thought he dropped his child off at the child care provider. He heard his car alarm go off several times and from his office window he deactivated it with his key clicker, only to go out after work to find his child dead in the vehicle.

Manipulation: He wasn't "crying" he was manipulating LH. imo

Crocodile tears. Never mind the fact that Cooper is dead. What about me? I don't deserve this. It isn't my fault. They are gonna charge me with a felony. I will lose my job. I have so much stress over this! (***don't even try to make take me take any responsibility here. Please don't hold me accountable. I can't handle it)

He tried this at the crime scene too. His "organic" wails had no effect on the officers. Crocodile tears are a step away from outright aggression and they know that. One outburst and he was in cuffs. He was trying to threaten them. Like that would even work with CCPD!

If he has the cajones to pull that with police you can bet life ain't roses and sunshine with him.
It starts with tears, if you don't give in it progresses to sighs,then slamming and banging stuff around. Punch a wall and start yelling, once anyone gives in it reinforces the behavior. I doubt LH ever really told him no, or refused to accept his excuses. The fact that she knew he had cheated in 2013 and was even talking more kids is
a clue. He did whatever he wanted period.

Manipulation: He wasn't "crying" he was manipulating LH. imo

Crocodile tears. Never mind the fact that Cooper is dead. What about me? I don't deserve this. It isn't my fault. They are gonna charge me with a felony. I will lose my job. I have so much stress over this! (***don't even try to make take me take any responsibility here. Please don't hold me accountable. I can't handle it)

He tried this at the crime scene too. His "organic" wails had no effect on the officers. Crocodile tears are a step away from outright aggression and they know that. One outburst and he was in cuffs. He was trying to threaten them. Like that would even work with CCPD!

If he has the cajones to pull that with police you can bet life ain't roses and sunshine with him.
It starts with tears, if you don't give in it progresses to sighs,then slamming and banging stuff around. Punch a wall and start yelling, once anyone gives in it reinforces the behavior. I doubt LH ever really told him no, or refused to accept his excuses. The fact that she knew he had cheated in 2013 and was even talking more kids is
a clue. He did whatever he wanted period.

BBM. I link his wife has been brainwashed into believing that his behavior must be accepted without question.

JMO

gngr~snap made a very good point over at the Science & Statistics thread so I'm bringing it over here. The discussion was about another case where sleep-deprivation and a change in routine may have played a part. One possible defense RH might use at trial is sleep-deprivation. LH made a point of bringing it up at Cooper's funeral <cough alibi-building cough> when she talked about Cooper having trouble sleeping and being in bed with them the two nights prior to his death.

If RH was sleep-deprived one would expect him to go directly home after work, eat and make it an early night. Instead he decided to go out with friends after work. That doesn't sound like a tired out dad IMO and I don't think a jury will buy it.

Which is what they are trying to say about RH.
2 nights Cooper slept with them, Chick fil a wasn't but 2-3x a month...

BUT... he always took Cooper and he planned to see a movie, not go home and sleep so....

All posts are MOO

rbbm & :moo:

Was your DH buckled into a car seat or did you just sit him/her on the seat where he/she should move around freely?

gngr~snap made a very good point over at the Science & Statistics thread so I'm bringing it over here. The discussion was about another case where sleep-deprivation and a change in routine may have played a part. One possible defense RH might use at trial is sleep-deprivation. LH made a point of bringing it up at Cooper's funeral <cough alibi-building cough> when she talked about Cooper having trouble sleeping and being in bed with them the two nights prior to his death.

If RH was sleep-deprived one would expect him to go directly home after work, eat and make it an early night. Instead he decided to go out with friends after work. That doesn't sound like a tired out dad IMO and I don't think a jury will buy it.

Oooo, you can bet David Diamond will be called as an expert to testify. He was just in Australia...

"Professor David Diamond was called as an expert witness in the trial and says these cases are more common than people might think."

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2014/s4053707.htm

All posts are MOO

Sleep deprivation won't be believed in RH's case because he laid in bed watching cartoons before leisurely moving on over to breakfast and then the office at 9:30.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member